As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pre-Pax Bar Crawl] Pokecrawl Episode 3: A Brand New World!

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Randomfool wrote: »
    Wooo, yeah Team Yellow! Who's running Yellow anyway? I'm not sure how I feel about having mysteriously unknown leadership.

Want to volunteer? ;)

Team Yellow has a total of one assistant. I know it's only a few days away and I have posted this before but if you are interested in volunteering for a leadership position in Team Yellow please let me know.

Otherwise I might have to distribute Team Yellow's materials by tossing them into the crowd. ;)

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    Hey! Check out this rad stuff!
    Team Green Silver is auctioning off these paintings during the barcrawl!

Auction Schedule:
    Charmander: 9:00 at Bell in Hand vs Team Red Silver
    Squirtle: 10:00 at Clarkes vs Team Blue Silver
    Pikachu: 11:00 at McFaddens vs Team Yellow Gold
    Bulbasaur 12:00 at Four Green Fields vs Team Green Gold

Please bring cash!

7B14287.png
  • folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular
    peetsnack wrote: »

Auction Schedule:

Please bring cash!

That link doesn't work for me, it's bringing me to an error page. I guess I'll have to see 'em in person at McFaddens, then!

• peetsnackpeetsnack Team Green Poké Assist, Lord Commander of the Night's Watch, Head Girl House Hufflepuff The Cleave LandsRegistered User regular
    folkit wrote: »

Auction Schedule:

Please bring cash!

That link doesn't work for me, it's bringing me to an error page. I guess I'll have to see 'em in person at McFaddens, then!

Changed the album to public.

7B14287.png
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Holy shit. I want one so bad. How are they being carried around though? I would feel bad having to hold that all night (if I won).

I 100% want that Bublasaur one! Hell, any. Did you make those, peetsnack?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    redfield85 wrote: »
    Holy shit. I want one so bad. How are they being carried around though? I would feel bad having to hold that all night (if I won).

@peetsnack did paint them. I can attest to their authenticity from watching him paint on google hangouts.

• The_ReflectionThe_Reflection Registered User regular
    I just got surprised last minute with passes and a trip to PAX east, im so excited. Is there any room left anywhere or is this all filled up totally?

Filled up 83758397 months ago.

bYf6vNQ.png
  • gfishgfish Ottawa, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Wooo, yeah Team Yellow! Who's running Yellow anyway? I'm not sure how I feel about having mysteriously unknown leadership.

Want to volunteer? ;)

Team Yellow has a total of one assistant. I know it's only a few days away and I have posted this before but if you are interested in volunteering for a leadership position in Team Yellow please let me know.

Otherwise I might have to distribute Team Yellow's materials by tossing them into the crowd. ;)

What are the rules for the various 'positions' on the teams? Some of us have special needs... I can't wear a lab coat, for instance.

-- PokeTron: Ampharos
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

Want to volunteer? ;)

I like the idea that team yellow is a bunch of animals with no leadersheep.

It's just how we roll.

• goodtimeshaxorgoodtimeshaxor Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    I like the idea that team yellow is a bunch of animals with no leadersheep.

It's just how we roll.

Or a heard of pokemon with no trainer? ;)

Indie dev of Lawnmower Challenge | Android Free | iOS | Amazon
    @LunarPeter
  • arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    Team Cyndaquil will also be auctioning off some odds and ends.

This will include the auctioning of the Brofessor himself.

I will offer up my services in any number of fashions at this (or a later) PAX, schedule permitting.
    Suggested ways to make use of my service:

Drinking Buddy
    Restaurant Guide + Dining partner
    Bar Crawl Expert
    Touring of Boston
    Expo Swag Mule
    SQL Monkey (hey, I dunno, maybe you need me to truncate some tables)

This will take place at McFaddens at Midnight.

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.

The paintings are 20" x 20" acrylic on canvas board. You are just gonna have to be resourceful in how you get them home. Also, nobody bid on arsonbro so I can get him for cheap.

7B14287.png
  • KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Also, nobody bid on arsonbro so I can get him for cheap.
    Cheap AND easy? I think not, sir.

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

OMG OMG OMG Am I a WILD pokemon then?

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    gfish wrote: »

Does that mean I can throw balls at team yellow, capture them, and make them my slaves for the night?

HI3789R.png
  • Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »

Does that mean I can throw balls at team yellow, capture them, and make them my slaves for the night?

Balls = painted rocks
    Slaves = unconscious tea party members

• RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular

I fully support this idea. As long as we can we collect a finders fee for each captured teammate...you know, for the children.

I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
  • The_SavesThe_Saves Magistrate of Crazy Town KirklandRegistered User regular
    How much is the average yellow member selling for these days? For charity...

Because, you know, one of my weaknesses just might be painted rocks.

Ummm...
  • RandomfoolRandomfool loofmodnar Rochester, NYRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The_Saves wrote: »

Sell is such a strong word (Prices vary, we'll negotiate on the crawl)

I wonder if I can make it a goal to have auctioned off every member of Team Yellow before we get to the last bar?

Randomfool on
    I do Pokecrawl things. Professor Team Instinct, Hufflepuff supporter.@loofmodnar

B4o6XD4.png
    edited April 2012
    The_Saves wrote: »

Sell is such a strong word (Prices vary, we'll negotiate on the crawl)

I wonder if I can make it a goal to have auctioned off every member of Team Yellow before we get to the last bar?

You'll just have to help the rest of us complete those challenges. We'll be easy pickings if we do.

Entei challenge...I hate you already...

The_Saves on
    Ummm...
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    I just reread the Entei challenge and i think my liver just ran out the door on me. I completely misread how its handled, I read it as if both trainers are going for the challenge we each take 2 shots of whiskey plus RPS for the other 3, not as do RPS for all 7 shots. I feel bad if someone gets stuck with 7 shots in a row.

EchoZero wrote: »
    I just reread the Entei challenge and i think my liver just ran out the door on me. I completely misread how its handled, I read it as if both trainers are going for the challenge we each take 2 shots of whiskey plus RPS for the other 3, not as do RPS for all 7 shots. I feel bad if someone gets stuck with 7 shots in a row.

Yea when I read that one I decided I would not be catching entei because I'd rather make it through the rest of the night. Potentially 7 shots is insane never mind that it comes to about ~23 bucks a person just for that challenge.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular

I'm more terrified that I could not be doing the challenge and someone could do it to me :(

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    hmmm both are valid points but i might risk it. I can handle my liqour relatively well but if i have to take 7 im probably done drinking for the night...its the only challenge im scared of. I dont know we shall see i have 0 intentions of being "that guy" that is sloppy drunk.

hmmm both are valid points but i might risk it. I can handle my liqour relatively well but if i have to take 7 im probably done drinking for the night...its the only challenge im scared of. I dont know we shall see i have 0 intentions of being "that guy" that is sloppy drunk.

New strategy. Study RPS tactics. Play to win.

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    There ARE rps championships... (ya it seems like a silly concept to me too)

HI3789R.png

The paintings are 20" x 20" acrylic on canvas board. You are just gonna have to be resourceful in how you get them home. Also, nobody bid on arsonbro so I can get him for cheap.

I think I will hold my money until bulbasaur since I would rather have that than the others.

Plus, if I potentially win it, it would be the end of the night, so I wouldn't have to worry about holding it all night.

I need to put together some sort of green outfit for this. Gotta find my BK pokeballs!

bYf6vNQ.png

My group is prepared for this strategy. We're super effective!

I will have my pokeballs with me, so be prepared to dodge!

bYf6vNQ.png
  • folkitfolkit Lucille Bluth is my spirit animal. FloridaRegistered User regular

That sounds like a fun, sexy time for you.

(And me, I guess, since I'm on Team Yellow. But I take any chance to quote George Michael Bluth that I can.)

(And me, I guess, since I'm on Team Yellow. But I take any chance to quote George Michael Bluth that I can.)

400gm-pageant.jpg

bYf6vNQ.png
  • ObernathusObernathus Registered User regular

400gm-pageant.jpg

I'll be wearing my $6,000 suit. CMON!

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    I will totally lead both Yellow teams from Team green silver... somehow, maybe telepathically.

• Atlus ParkerAtlus Parker Registered User regular
    Attention trainers!

If you look at the bar routes, Hard Rock has mysteriously disappeared. This affects Team Yellow the most as this was their starting and ending bar. We are currently working on a solution and will inform you as soon as we find one.

In other patch notes, the Entei challenge has been reworked to bring it more in line with other Legendary Dog encounters.

The Hard Rock disappeared? What? Team Rocket?

bYf6vNQ.png
  • DrimgereDrimgere Registered User new member
    I had a hard time finding any info reading through 25 pages of posts. I would like to know where and when to meet up please?

Drimgere wrote: »
    I had a hard time finding any info reading through 25 pages of posts. I would like to know where and when to meet up please?

The first post contains this info for each team, just expand the spoilers.

Attention trainers!

In other patch notes, the Entei challenge has been reworked to bring it more in line with other Legendary Dog encounters.

That sounds pretty good. I'll have to talk a few people into attempting this with me at the same time. That is, if I'm not hit with a rogue rock pokeball.

Ummm...
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Drimgere wrote: »

The OP is usually a pretty good place for info for most well-kept threads...