As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    Finished this last night:
    I was actually quite surprised at the direction they took. I wasn't expecting anything awesome but the cliche choices left a sour taste in my mouth. The Indoctrination Theory is a nice touch - even if it was intended they did a pretty poor job of giving you full closure.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the comics/books? I'd like to explore the universe a bit more but don't know if there's anything I should just skip.

• CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    MechMantis wrote: »
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Just finished my second run. It was a lot easier this time to ignore the stupid parts of the ending and just enjoy the parts that are good.
    In trying to make sense of the completely nonsensical, I did happen to think that maybe the thing with the Normandy was supposed to be Joker discovering a garden world very near earth, thus assuaging players' fears that everyone would starve to death. Or perhaps just offering humans a new earth to populate, since the old one is decimated. So Joker sends a message to earth telling them about this amazing nearby planet within FTL that is just waiting for them! The alliance immediately sends a rescue team, as well as researchers to check out the viability of colonizing the new planet. At least, I think that's what they were going for.
    Meanwhile, Tali and Garrus starve to death.

awesome.

Just saw this reply in the other thread, so addressing it
    My point with assuming that they were trying to communicate that it is a planet near earth (within FTL speeds), is that at worst it'll be a few hours before another ship can come pick them up. Bringing food for Tali and Garrus, although there's already food on the ship for them to last a while, I'm sure.

Or if you're talking about long term food, the liveships came with the Quarians in to battle, so they have not only food to feed dextro-based life, they also have seeds and livestock, and whatever else they need to propagate that food for as long as they need.

I mean yeah, it was extremely poorly thought out for sure, and five minutes of an outside party proofreading the thing would have solved a lot of the problems there are with it. I'm just saying what I think the writers' intentions were, since the intended mood for the ending (by the writers' admission) is "bittersweet" not "bleak as fuck".

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • jclastjclast Registered User regular
    spacebear wrote: »
    I was actually quite surprised at the direction they took. I wasn't expecting anything awesome but the cliche choices left a sour taste in my mouth. The Indoctrination Theory is a nice touch - even if it was intended they did a pretty poor job of giving you full closure.

Does anyone have any recommendations for the comics/books? I'd like to explore the universe a bit more but don't know if there's anything I should just skip.

The first 3 books are apparently well-done. I know I'll be picking them up next time I have amazon credit. The fourth they're re-issuing or something because it's full of errors.

camo_sig2.png
  • WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular

First three books are good fun. Most of the comics are decent, but not as good as the books.

dN0T6ur.png
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    Unfortunately they dont tell us any of this so it's just us building a better ending for ourselves in our head

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Machismo wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    So the data pad app for iPad, is it really as terribad as it seems? The news section is all just replies to twitter posts, and it wants me to retweet shit to see what the original question was? Or am I doing something wrong

No? Don't use the news section, it's worthless. The app is worth it for the mail section alone. Plus it's free, so...
    Agreed. The mail is kinda entertaining. Stays in character and keeps the tone. The galaxy at war is nice since you can boost your readiness, but it has its limits.

Galaxy at War is nice for keeping your readiness up without having to play multiplayer every single night. The interface on it is shit though. It badly needs a way to collect all your ships and redeploy them to the same place.

It also need to quit fucking forgetting that I'm connected to a wifi network and/or my origin account login. That shit is annoying to re-enter every fucking time.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    It should also be available on the PC for people without any iOS devices.

edited April 2012
    It should also be available on the PC for people who don't want to fiddle with a tiny iPod screen, constant wifi disconnects, and horrible GUI.

Fixed

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    Machismo wrote: »
    Good. I don't need an epilogue of Tali: 10 years later or Liara 300 years later, etc. I just want some closure on the story.

Almost there...

Oh just go finish it.

We'll be here.

Waiting.

Maybe listening in on your conversations, finding things we can do to help that you don't expect.

... in a non-creepy way.

mostly non-creepy.

..... tangy.

*shudder*

• PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    A well balanced breakfast always includes Liara's underwear.

steam_sig.png
    Yeah I don't get why so much ME stuff has been iOS only. I'd have bought Galaxy, Infiltrator, and the Info Pad if they were available on PC or XBLA. But since I don't have an iOS thingie there's no extra money for Bioware from me.

camo_sig2.png
    jclast wrote: »
    Yeah I don't get why so much ME stuff has been iOS only. I'd have bought Galaxy, Infiltrator, and the Info Pad if they were available on PC or XBLA. But since I don't have an iOS thingie there's no extra money for Bioware from me.

Galaxy isn't even available to buy anymore. I was willing to pay $1 for it even though I heard it sucked, but nope. Not even in the iTune Store anymore.

That's weird. I wonder if Apple charges upkeep or something to keep a product listed or something.

camo_sig2.png
  • Iceman.USAFIceman.USAF Major East CoastRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wait what? I got the data pad app, final hours and infiltrator. There was *another* app? Holy hell

Also I don't see any upgrades in the store thingy in the data pad app. Is that normal?

Nevermind I figured it out. Im slow sometimes

Iceman.USAF on
  • SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

The first three books are by one Bioware writer, and are generally considered decent although having only read the third one I'd call it aggressively mediocre. The fourth one is by a hired writer who produced something so error-riddled that it's a meme-heavy joke among fans (and from which my sig derives), written in a "style" that makes the other books look like muse-inspired prose.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
    edited April 2012

The first three books are by one Bioware writer, and are generally considered decent although having only read the third one I'd call it aggressively mediocre. The fourth one is by a hired writer who produced something so error-riddled that it's a meme-heavy joke among fans (and from which my sig derives), written in a "style" that makes the other books look like muse-inspired prose.

The comics are pretty decent. You can buy compilations for about $10 each which isn't too bad.

Wait what? I got the data pad app, final hours and infiltrator. There was *another* app? Holy hell

Also I don't see any upgrades in the store thingy in the data pad app. Is that normal?

Nevermind I figured it out. Im slow sometimes

Galaxy was their first iOS game. It was a prequel of sorts to Mass Effect 2. Something about Jacob and Miranda stopping Batarian terrorists on the Citadel or something. There is a quest in-game that references it (Ish on Omega). Supposedly there is an extra line of dialog or something in that quest if you beat Galaxies with a linked EA account.

Warlock82 on
  • LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    Depending on how you go about building your app, porting from iOS to Android can be rather difficult. Apple has a lot of useful APIs built in to iOS that Android doesn't have, and the basic way that apps are structured is different on the two OSes (for example, does Android even have an equivalent to iOS's push notifications? I would imagine that's how Bioware is delivering the mail). If you don't design it to be ported from the ground up, it becomes a massive pain to do so. This is all coming from experience working on a two-man coding team, though. I would imaging that Bioware has a lot more resources to throw at a project like that. They must not have prioritized it that much, and decided to take the easy route and make it iOS exclusive.

• VeganVegan Registered User regular
    You're not missing much.

Hell, I own and have finished Galaxy and I had to Google what you guys were talking about... that's how memorable of a game it is.

You know those wooden mazes that you tilt as a kid to move a marble around? That's basically what Mass Effect Galaxy is.

steam_sig.png
    I wasn't really thinking about the porting prospects of it. I guess since I don't have an iPhone I imagine that the install base that might be interested in ME-centric stuff is larger on the PC/360/PS3 than it is on iOS devices.

camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2012
    Vegan wrote: »
    You're not missing much.

Hell, I own and have finished Galaxy and I had to Google what you guys were talking about... that's how memorable of a game it is.

You know those wooden mazes that you tilt as a kid to move a marble around? That's basically what Mass Effect Galaxy is.

It was tilt controlled? Wow... I thought it was touch controlled, just really crappy.

Anyways, I just wanted it for the story bits. Wonder if there is a youtube video or something of it.

Warlock82 on
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    The question is, does Galaxy manage to make Jacob not-boring?

I'm thinking not.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • DalantiaDalantia Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    You're not missing much.

It was tilt controlled? Wow... I thought it was touch controlled, just really crappy.

Anyways, I just wanted it for the story bits. Wonder if there is a youtube video or something of it.

It's both. Touch for targeting, tilt for maneuvering.

steam_sig.png
    DS Friend code: 3840-6605-3406
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Depending on how you go about building your app, porting from iOS to Android can be rather difficult. Apple has a lot of useful APIs built in to iOS that Android doesn't have, and the basic way that apps are structured is different on the two OSes (for example, does Android even have an equivalent to iOS's push notifications? I would imagine that's how Bioware is delivering the mail). If you don't design it to be ported from the ground up, it becomes a massive pain to do so. This is all coming from experience working on a two-man coding team, though. I would imaging that Bioware has a lot more resources to throw at a project like that. They must not have prioritized it that much, and decided to take the easy route and make it iOS exclusive.

The biggest problems is the basic interaction of the code w/ the hardware.

Apple demands that all non-enterprise level products be written in Objective-C and they have portions of the kernel and hardware APIs locked out if you're non-enterprise as well. Android is fully open, all hardware is accessable, all APIs are usable and while the majority of programs use Java as a base, it isn't the only game in town when it comes to the coding aspect.

Not to say that iOS is bad, because even having to play within Apple's draconian sandbox there is a whole shitload of awesome shit you can do with it, but trying to convert Objective-C into Java is a clusterfuck and a big reason why a lot of stuff developed with iOS as lead don't see Android ports.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular

The biggest problems is the basic interaction of the code w/ the hardware.

Apple demands that all non-enterprise level products be written in Objective-C and they have portions of the kernel and hardware APIs locked out if you're non-enterprise as well. Android is fully open, all hardware is accessable, all APIs are usable and while the majority of programs use Java as a base, it isn't the only game in town when it comes to the coding aspect.

Not to say that iOS is bad, because even having to play within Apple's draconian sandbox there is a whole shitload of awesome shit you can do with it, but trying to convert Objective-C into Java is a clusterfuck and a big reason why a lot of stuff developed with iOS as lead don't see Android ports.

Absolutely. Though, locked, undocumented APIs are probably on the bottom of my list of things I don't like about working with Apple on coding apps. You very rarely have need for them. No, the most draconian part of it is working with code-signing and certification between multiple people on a team who work on multiple machines, and trying to make sure that you can even run the code you're writing. I do love Objective-C though, and if you get on Apple's good side they can do nice things for you, so I deal with it.

• OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    There are cross-platform libraries out there, but they all have their limitations/can be buggy. And if you didn't start development using them in the first place...well then.

And then you get into the entire look and feel issues with both iOS and Android.

It ain't easy doing cross dev work for cheap.

• JackKieserJackKieser Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    So, I hate posting this from an iPod, but has anyone else heard about this Latin American ea rep claiming that, for sure, there will be no new dlc ending, only dlc content that clears things up after the fact? There's a link somewhere out there, but I can't get it from where I am.

Balanced-Brawl-Sig-2.gif?t=1271711610
  • manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    If true I wouldn't have a problem with that.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    JackKieser wrote: »
    So, I hate posting this from an iPod, but has anyone else heard about this Latin American ea rep claiming that, for sure, there will be no new dlc ending, only dlc content that clears things up after the fact? There's a link somewhere out there, but I can't get it from where I am.

I honestly thought this was widely known.

EA/Bioware has made it pretty clear that was their intent; to clarify the ending. They never said they were going to make a new ending.

Which, if there's still people not realizing this, it would explain why people are still clinging to the indoc theory.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

edited April 2012

EA/Bioware has made it pretty clear that was their intent; to clarify the ending. They never said they were going to make a new ending.

Which, if there's still people not realizing this, it would explain why people are still clinging to the indoc theory.

To be fair, the indoc theory could clarify the ending without making a new one

Edit: To be honest though, with as much PR crap was said about the ending before release that turned out to be outright lies, I'm taking a 100% "wait and see" approach on this rather than try to pick apart phrasing of vague promises.

Warlock82 on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mass-Effect-3-DLC-Will-Not-Change-the-Ending-EA-Reportedly-Says-262610.shtml#add_review_form
    A brand new report has appeared about the upcoming DLC for Mass Effect 3, this time with a Mexican newspaper quoting an Electronic Arts representative who says that any future expansions will only explain details about the ending, instead of changing it completely.

Mass Effect 3’s conclusion generated a heated debate on the web, with some gamers being satisfied with the ending, while the majority started expressing their disappointment through campaigns and other such efforts.

After the studio confirmed last month that a downloadable add-on will appear that addresses the ending, things settled down, as lots of people are now expecting news about the expansion.

According to Mexican newspaper Reforma, via the BSN forums, this DLC won’t actually change the ending of the game.

Instead, according to EA’s Latin America director of marketing and PR, Daniel Gonzales, the ending is only going to explain certain details.

The official Mass Effect Twitter account has dismissed this report and once again confirmed that actual Mass Effect 3 DLC news will be made available soon enough.

Emphasis mine.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome? Losing my connection 10 seconds before we win the match.

steam_sig.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    PierceNeck wrote: »
    You know what's awesome? Losing my connection 10 seconds before we win the match.

I lost out on a hard fought Silver the other day with 1 minute left on the clock.

I really hate that we can spend consumables and lose them, but not have at least credits applied to the account as they're earned. I know calculating experience would be tougher, but the need for exp is zilch with a level 20 character, whereas credits are always going to be in demand.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • EnderEnder Registered User regular
    You know what's awesome? Losing my connection 10 seconds before we win the match Charge-bugging through the scenery and being unable to die or shoot, watching your team lose on wave 10.

fixt!

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Mass-Effect-3-DLC-Will-Not-Change-the-Ending-EA-Reportedly-Says-262610.shtml#add_review_form
    A brand new report has appeared about the upcoming DLC for Mass Effect 3, this time with a Mexican newspaper quoting an Electronic Arts representative who says that any future expansions will only explain details about the ending, instead of changing it completely.

Mass Effect 3’s conclusion generated a heated debate on the web, with some gamers being satisfied with the ending, while the majority started expressing their disappointment through campaigns and other such efforts.

After the studio confirmed last month that a downloadable add-on will appear that addresses the ending, things settled down, as lots of people are now expecting news about the expansion.

According to Mexican newspaper Reforma, via the BSN forums, this DLC won’t actually change the ending of the game.

Instead, according to EA’s Latin America director of marketing and PR, Daniel Gonzales, the ending is only going to explain certain details.

The official Mass Effect Twitter account has dismissed this report and once again confirmed that actual Mass Effect 3 DLC news will be made available soon enough.

Emphasis mine.

Ah yes, 'DLC'... we have dismissed this theory...

• Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    Ender wrote: »
    You know what's awesome? Losing my connection 10 seconds before we win the match Charge-bugging through the scenery and being unable to die or shoot, watching your team lose on wave 10.

fixt!

only vanguard as host

or if you're playing bronze and the chances of dying mid charge are basically zero

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular

I wouldn't say that anything they've said was "pretty clear". It's just been a bunch of delaying tactic textbook PR bullshit. I imagine the devs know the kind of shitstorm they're in for if they botch it again and have just been trying to buy themselves some time while they figure out a plan of attack on this huge problem.

The Indoctrination Theory is wishful thinking. Believing that Bioware is going to try to make good on this problem is... not. Bio actually has a pretty good track record of addressing fan concerns with DLC recently. Look at DA2: high production values on both DLC, addressing most of the complaints about the main game and previous DLC (whatever else you say about them, the environments were not re-used, and your NPCs were just as chatty in the DLC as they were in the main game).

Bioware has shown signs of some soul-searching (assuming the news about DA3 isn't just trying to prep us for a series cancellation or something). I think they want to do the right thing here, and the right thing to do is, you know, actually give the fans the conclusion that they have been looking forward to for half a decade.

EA, by contrast, doesn't give a shit about artistic integrity, and just sees the fact that their beloved critical darling franchise made the interwebs explode. They don't want that to happen again. I expect they'll be helpful in the process, just to be seen as supporting the fanbase or whatnot.

Look at DA2: high production values on both DLC, addressing most of the complaints about the main game and previous DLC (whatever else you say about them, the environments were not re-used, and your NPCs were just as chatty in the DLC as they were in the main game).

Really? I should try these out. I bought Legacy but never got around to playing it. Figured I wouldn't buy the Felica Day one until I bothered to play Legacy :P

• OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular

I lost out on a hard fought Silver the other day with 1 minute left on the clock.

I really hate that we can spend consumables and lose them, but not have at least credits applied to the account as they're earned. I know calculating experience would be tougher, but the need for exp is zilch with a level 20 character, whereas credits are always going to be in demand.
    Twice in the last couple of days I've been dropped from a Silver match right at the end of Wave 10. This morning it was with some PA folks.

It's infuriating.

We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular

Emphasis mine.

Ah yes, 'DLC'... we have dismissed this theory...

Every time I see this line it reminds me of the absolute best dialogue moment in all of ME3
    Legion: After we returned to the consensus, the Geth understood that the Old Machines were coming. We began preparing for war.

Shepard: Wait, the Geth believed you when you warned them about the Reapers?

Legion: Of course.

Shepard: Must've been nice.

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Lots of Discussion! Which game has the best combat! My journeys as a default soldier! Forgive me as I have terrible recall with names and will have to resort to descriptions of places. All of my remembrances are as a normal level play thru.

Starting with ME.
    Combat in this game was fairly straight forward. Combat had spikes of difficulty sprinkled throughout.
    The most memorable ones are the ones where I simply had to cheese it. Liara's mom gaining stand out as one of those. Your starting position combined with the sudden influx of very strong asari commando's flanking you made for a very difficult fight as a soldier. I had to find a way to run and kill the commando's on one side then pot shot momy from the saftey of high catwalk above the room she paces in.
    The on foot fight of the geth tank thingy on the lava planet caused more than a few reloads.
    Rescuing Liara was challenge in its own right. That freaking charging Krogan wrecked me so many times.
    The entirety of the combat after you save/kill wrex on that beautiful planet. Hold the line indeed.
    The final fight with Saren the first time was nail biter as well.
    Indeed it seems like most of the set piece fights were a bit more difficult as a Soldier Shepard. Playing through ME1 multiple times as other classes was a lot easier. Biotic skills of any type just made the game a lot easier.

That being said most of what I ended up thinking as bullshit fight involved dealing with several dozen husks/bug things suddenly swarming you in the generic prefab tunnels.
    Lots an lots and lots of the game combat was complete filler. Great if you enjoyed it. Otherwise I understand when people didn't like it so much.

Best part though? Fully tricked out sniper rifle's with the damage enhancement and explosive rounds *swoon*. Nothing in the world like blowing away groups of max level geth on the citadel for the minor irritant of an over heat. Yes I like OP things.
    My breakdown? Combat was combat. Lots of it was frustrating, I enjoyed it none the less. Story elements played in every once in awhile as did the occasional set piece. Set pieces could be very challenging and forced you to think about how to approach the situation.

ME2
    What can I say? EVERY fight was a set piece fight. Every zone was actually hand crafted non prefab BS. The really got to hand tune how you encountered everything that you met in the game. Lots of missions required you to be on the ball compared to ME1. That being said.
    The mission to recover the mechs I thought was terrific. A very good pace and lots of tension as those are not easy targets to take down.
    As much as I hate endless enemies the fights aboard the derelict reaper were filled with tension, especially on later difficulty levels. Husks are still terrifying in this game in many places.
    Any of the collector proper missions had a lot of built in tension. It always felt like a fight against the unknown with them, at least before the suicide mission proper.
    That goddamn fight where you are trying to get some machine online collectors just keep showing up. Large areas with lots of cover but the collectors keep flanking you. I remember that fight well even if I don't remember what the actual mission/planet was.

Every single squad members personal mission was fantastic to me. Every mission had something that made what you were fighting interesting. This fusion of story and set pieces along with some spectacular fights made for a "the whole is better than the individual pieces" combat.
    Except Miranda's. I have a had a hard time even remembering hers. Saving her sister right? Its starting to uncloud now.

I almost forgot! The best fight I ever ever had in this game. Tuchanka!
    Im finally fighting the thresher maw. Im getting close to running out of all my ammo and only a third of the Threshers bar is gone. Getting desperate. I thumb through all my guns until I hit the heavy weapons. Im carrying the Cain. Ive been carrying the damn thing for true emergencies for the last 3 missions. Guess this qualifies. WRRRWRWRWRWRWRWRWRRRRRRRRRRRRR goes the Cain as I level it at the threshers head. SHHHCAAABOOM! The whole screen turns apocalypse red. The sand, the ground, the columns. As the cloud disappears so does that fucking Thresher maw! I have never felt more satisfied than at that moment ever. Of course it cheapens the next moment with the other Krogan. I mean I did bring a nuke launcher to a fight. Its just not a very Quad like kill you know?
    My breakdown? The whole is better than the individual pieces. There is no filler combat. All combat was hand crafted with individual set pieces and usually a great back ground story to complement what you were doing. Also the best fight I ever had in a game happened in ME2. Bioware really outdid themselves in this department. A side note, as much as I HATE the retcon of unlimited ammo this change made running out of ammo an integral part of being a soldier. It really drove up the tension levels, and my pissed off meter, when I would run out of ammunition for my good guns. There was rarely anything I couldn't brute force to its determent but Combat just felt fulfilling anyways.

ME3
    I hate to say this. There just wasn't a whole lot of what felt like memorable fighting as Soldier. The terror that was a dozen husks rushing your position never happens in this game. Not only that they seem much easier to dispatch. Most fights were just, well, easy. Like, i never lost my shields easy and I wasn't even trying. Even the hold objectives just didn't seem really challenging. Once again the game has wonderful hand crafted set pieces that never repeat. But something doesn't fully click this time around.
    Saving Jack and the kids was somewhat difficult.
    Fighting the asian wana be badass was just... well, Fucking plot armor fucker. Really? He almost kills me because up to this point the game has been a less than challenging and he really did surprise me. But now I can't take you out? Then when I do get to kill him it was over way, way faster than I thought it was going to be. Just disappointing really.
    The very last battle. I must have reloaded that thing like 10 times. It seemed like no matter where I went a banshie was spawning directly behind me. Didn't seem to matter how many you killed either. That was the example of why I normally hate unlimited enemies.

Being in the underground ruins of tuchanka seems like a real missed opportunity for some horror survival and just fell short. Although getting bum rushed by 3 brutes on the surface made up for that.
    Reaper laser beam dodging was alright I guess. Just as a one off thing.
    My breakdown? Combat was competent, but as it stands it was much more of a vehicle to move you between places. There just wasn't much that was actually memorable about the combat, and what was ended up as a bit jarring instead of really good. The challenge was just out right missing this time around.

You know what though? The horde mode multi-player really is so good that it makes up for it in spades. I just seems that this would be a classic case of the multi-player taking something from the single player.