As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    i just played a normal game as veigar, and people were complaining that he was OP.... well, i did end up with 850ish AP...

like, don't they know how incredibly squishy and how long it takes to farm him up? i don't think that you can ever really call veigar OP... he's really hard to get snowballin....

oh, and it didnt help that they had 4 AP carries....

• BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Is Ziggs OP? I'm destroying people with him all day.

I'm like level 26, 120ish wins, doing normals obviously. Not the stiffest comp in the world but w/e. I get rolled constantly down here.

PSN: thewheelz
  • TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    ziggs isn't super OP

very strong if they blunder into your bombs though

• fRAWRstfRAWRst The Seas Call The Mad AnswerRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    There is not really any "op" champs atm. Some characters have better lane matchups and offer more to certain team comps, but at most levels of play it can be disregarded since every character scales linearly.

Ziggs is one of those "if you land your skillshots, you destroys fools". He offers alot of utility to team fights with his global ult and he has great ratios to dps carry. But once you play someone mid who knows how to bait/dodge every one of your skillshots and you wont have blue and be all MAN ZIGGS =[

fRAWRst on
    J3qcnBP.png
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    shen and olaf are a little too strong still

olaf moreso

wouldn't call them OP though

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Once you learn where and how Ziggs is going to throw his bombs you can avoid a huge amount of his damage in a smaller fight. Obviously that gets tougher in large fights.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    It's taking them more time to integrate Dyrus than I thought it would. Or maybe TRM was never the problem, as many have postulated, and switching him for Dyrus was basically an equal trade and was never going to fix anything.

ding ding ding ding

top lane hasn't been TSM's problem for a long time

Then what do you think has been their problem? I typically haven't followed TSM (though I have watched Dyrus the last few days) so I am just curious.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    Oh wow so I've been jungling a lot lately and was looking over my champion roster to see who else I could use besides Mundo, Udyr, and Rammus. Hmm, Amumu, okay let's try him. OH YEAH! He's great fun! Tell me your Amumu secrets. I've been starting with the health regen pendant into Philosopher's Stone, boots, Heart of Gold, then building for an Abyssal Scepter although both games were won before I could finish it.

I'm thinking Abyssal Scepter and Will of the Ancients would be pretty great on him in the right team if you can get away with it.

• emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Aren't they ever going to make a champ that splits into smaller squishier characters like the Panda in WarCraft 3? Shaco has his clone and Annie has Tibbers but I mean something where their life bars are all tied together.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Aren't they ever going to make a champ that splits into smaller squishier characters like the Panda in WarCraft 3? Shaco has his clone and Annie has Tibbers but I mean something where their life bars are all tied together.

That would require actual control groups and stuff. I still don't know how you control clones or Tibbers or whatever in this game.

huntresssig.jpg
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Arivia wrote: »
    emnmnme wrote: »

That would require actual control groups and stuff. I still don't know how you control clones or Tibbers or whatever in this game.

Hold Control + Right Click

Arikado on
    BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Ziggs is not really OP

He can be very powerful if you don't dodge his abilities, but he has huge mana costs and a high skill cap

But then again

Any champion can be powerful in the right hands

Except for Eve*

feel free to edit in champion of choice

• PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular

Equius requires the aid of a fresh towel.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Arkady wrote: »
    It's taking them more time to integrate Dyrus than I thought it would. Or maybe TRM was never the problem, as many have postulated, and switching him for Dyrus was basically an equal trade and was never going to fix anything.

ding ding ding ding

Then what do you think has been their problem? I typically haven't followed TSM (though I have watched Dyrus the last few days) so I am just curious.

oddone can be a very ineffectual jungle as a result of reginald's insistence on camping mid and attempting to snowball out of early kills (this admittedly isn't as true as it used to be, i saw a lot of top lane ganks from TSM in the scrims vs CLG.eu)

chaox has bad positioning and makes some very misguided decisions, xpecial gets caught a lot

their overall communication as a team is very poor; initiations happen seemingly at random and with no input from the rest of the team, and during fights they have no focus

what really hurts them is that they rarely want to try anything new. they copy strats and comps that beat them, and then play those comps against the teams that created them, and then wonder why they lose

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really like "accidental support blitz"

that is, I picked blitz but locked in damage masteries and runes, but then had support masteries (heal and flash) and then bought a bunch of wards

Anyway the point is blitz rules

My build is rush manamune, get boots 2, build a sheen, then build Frozen heart/Aegis/something else and finish triforce at some point

What are other good items to get on him?

Arch on
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    The "official" reason TRM left was because he didn't want to deal with TSM's scrim schedule. :rotate:

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    oddone can be a very ineffectual jungle as a result of reginald's insistence on camping mid and attempting to snowball out of early kills (this admittedly isn't as true as it used to be, i saw a lot of top lane ganks from TSM in the scrims vs CLG.eu)

chaox has bad positioning and makes some very misguided decisions, xpecial gets caught a lot

their overall communication as a team is very poor; initiations happen seemingly at random and with no input from the rest of the team, and during fights they have no focus

what really hurts them is that they rarely want to try anything new. they copy strats and comps that beat them, and then play those comps against the teams that created them, and then wonder why they lose

Well to be fair, would you want to communicate with reginald? Dude has the most grating voice out of the pro's, in my opinion.

I feel kinda bad for Dyrus. I don't think he likes being on TSM very much. I have no basis for this other than watching his stream on his bday, and the first time he smiled the whole time I was watching them was while he and wickd had swapped teams for a scrim. Where Dyrus and CLG.eu trounced Wickd and TSM.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
    Arikado wrote: »
    The "official" reason TRM left was because he didn't want to deal with TSM's scrim schedule. :rotate:

haha i remember

i think the story is that he left because reginald said something about scrimming premade 5s for 14 hours a day (or something equally ridiculous), and as soon as he left they got a coach and brought in dyrus and cut back on the scrimming schedule that made TRM leave in the first place

• FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    By this time next year we will be able to field a unicorn team.

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Its been about a month long process since getting back into this game. But I made it out of sub 1200 today. Thank you Ashe for carrying me the whole way with 36 of my 47 wins coming from you.

Well to be fair, would you want to communicate with reginald? Dude has the most grating voice out of the pro's, in my opinion.

I feel kinda bad for Dyrus. I don't think he likes being on TSM very much. I have no basis for this other than watching his stream on his bday, and the first time he smiled the whole time I was watching them was while he and wickd had swapped teams for a scrim. Where Dyrus and CLG.eu trounced Wickd and TSM.

dyrus probably thought being on a team with a bunch of dudes he lived with and was friends with would be fun and then he realized that he actually had to play competitively with them and get yelled at by reginald a lot

and then it turned out it wasn't very fun at all

• GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    First game as pink Taric: Success (2/0/11)

wbBv3fj.png
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    lately I have been letting it random me supports because it's all the same shit anyway and I have won games on support shyvana, support anivia, and support shaco

but I lost on support fiora

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    i won as support trundle

• MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Zilean is fun! Actually my first win in several games. My opponents in bot were very easy to set up for double-bombs, so Karthus and I crushed 'em and Karthus got lots of gold. :^:

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    After reading the last few dozen pages I've picked up a bunch of small tips (try out smart cast with distance indicator, hold space to lock onto your champ temporarily etc). Does anybody have any other general tips or config settings they think are worth trying out?
    I think I need to start smart casting as Kennen. I keep on pressing Q with my mouse near the edge of my screen, moving a bit off screen as I aim, then when the screen scrolls everything wigs out and I fuck up. Hopefully trying out some new control schemes are trying out smart casting will help me stop doing this kind of crap.

I think I need to start practicing some other roles. So far my favourite is Olaf top, or jungle as a fallback (I'm not enough of a pushy asshole to insist on solo top, and mid level blind pick often lacks a jungler), and I've done a bit of Sion/Kennen mid, but I don't want to become a one-trick pony. I've had some success jungling as Warwick so might polish off my play with him a bit, and I definitely need to get better at mid. I played my first ever game as support the other day (Soraka) and won, though I didn't really feel I was doing everything I was meant to (wasn't harassing from the brush, kept on getting beaten on if I tried). Might try out support Alistar for some stronger CC.

Might save up some IP for Udyr to try him out in the jungle or top lane, or maybe get some more choices for mid. I wish that each week they let you pick one champ that would be free on top of their selections, or have it only be free for a 24 hour period during that week or something. Some of the IP costs are fairly high for newstarters, and waiting until a champ is rotated into a free week can take a bit too long. Even just a 'champ tester' thing that allowed you to fiddle solo against some waves of minions just to get a feel for them would be a nice.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular

ding ding ding ding

They play tournaments like they've never played a game together before. Its basically just a really good solo queue team.

Also, they often play champs they aren't very good at in tournaments.

1208768734831.jpg
  • GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

ding ding ding ding

Short Answer:

Ragenald thinks that "Leadership" means yelling and because of this they have no group cohesion.

Yelling at people does form group cohesion but only if the yelling is coming from an outsider. It gives the group something to bond together against. But that doesn't work if you're attempting to bond together with the person doing the yelling.

TSM could benefit a lot from having a structure to their practice and play. And i don't mean time schedule. I mean that they need to have structure in how and when they give criticism. In the middle of play is not the right time for criticism, its the time for bucking up and bootstrapping. Afterwards you can say what you think went poorly and went well and ideally in a framework that accentuates improvement rather than negative attitudes.

Part of the reason for this is that in a game like LOL you can't simply have one person call all the shots(except for maybe team comp/overall strat). The group has to be in tune with what everyone else is doing and as dopey as it sounds, good feelings about the people you're working with (to a point) increase the amount of attenuation that people have and operate with.

TSM doesn't have this pretty much because Reginald yells at everyone.

Edit: Yes, TSM needs team building exercises.

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    Kiz wrote: »
    Does anybody have any other general tips or config settings they think are worth trying out?

Here's a nice read for you :)

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/52541-Playing_to_Win_3_Smartsettings

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    Son of a fucking goose fuck. ARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Playing Ranked solo queue. Playing Yorick, to counterpick Olaf. Kicking his ass. Bot lane is kicking ass. Jungle is kicking ass.

Easy 30 min victory coming up; this will get me to 1300 ELO.

Our last pick, who afk'd into Lee Sin, has been doing ok mid against Swain. But it's 30 minutes and he says "need to win on next push or I have to go."

We Baron, push mid, take inhib, poke them at the Nexus... we decide to split off and go top and take top tower + inhib.

Lee Sin dives the nexus towers, into 4 people, dies, then quits.

We lose 25 minutes later as they slowly come back from a MASSIVE deficit.

I don't understand why people do this sort of thing. And this is why ELO Hell exists because hell is other people.

• Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Ugh, I hate when you end up with an utterly incompetent support as a carry and everyone ends up blaming losing bot lane on you.

The worst part is how you end up with all of the ignorant mouthbreathers on your team not knowing how the lane works in general, so anything you say to defend yourself just rolls off like nothing.

I had that happen over the weekend, is was my Ezreal and a Janna vs a Soraka and Teemo. Every single time I went to last hit, Soraka would be in the bushes and hit me with a Q E AA combo. Janna never established brush control or kept it warded. Eventually I just had very little farm and our Jungle Alistar would trip over all the wards and mushrooms on any gank attempt, meaning not a single successful gank. Lost the game, everyone blamed my Ezreal play, because I couldnt carry 1v2 bot on a sustain lane with lots of great CC.

if that happens next time as ezreal, take potshots at her every time she ducks back into the bush
    Believe me, I did, I could get her down to around half, then she would stay away long enough to heal back up between her heal and Philo stone. If I tried to persue, then Teemo would jump in with his blind, and the pair of them would trounce me. Janna would just sit behind me, and maybe queue up a tornado, or throw a shield on after I was already disengaging.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Time for another stream with PA Pals! http://www.justin.tv/delphinidaes

Now with 100% more music and mic!

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    I just lost the nicest game. Shyv feeds Yi? "Oh no worries, we're all new too. =)" Enemy gets a quad-kill? "Oh well =) /all THAT WAS AWESOME!"

I was trying out Ashe, got sent mid vs. Morgana. I held it down and got some CS, but I could have done better if I'd thought earlier to push her after she missed a skillshot. Ohwell.

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Watoo24Watoo24 Registered User regular
    spacebear wrote: »
    Does anybody have any other general tips or config settings they think are worth trying out?

I gotta ask. Why isn't that in the OP? That's really helpful. I didn't know about attack move; Gonna try to integrate it into my play. (mostly just how to use it as opposed to the fact that it existed)

• KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    spacebear wrote: »

Thanks for the link, that (and the other similar articles) had some good info.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Dronus86Dronus86 Now with cheese!Registered User regular
    It feels really good to have an overwhelming win on a bad day. Part of it was enemy team trying a weird meta/comp/thing, part was our team being really good. I was a 15/3/6 Kog'maw. I had an outstanding Soraka support with me. I could harass ALL DAY with no worries about my life or mana. I must have denied at least half of their creeps because they couldn't get close without eating 2/5's their health before they got away. I love people who play support well, it makes AD amazing.

Enemy team had a Sivir go top solo, and a Kayle/GP bottom. It was draft, so it shouldn't have been a surprise that I was there, and that just seems like a bad idea. I bet if Sivir had stayed bottom it would have been better for them, but even then my support was astonishing.

Look at me. Look at me. Look at how large the monster inside me has become.
    Crunch Crunch! Munch Munch! Chomp Chomp! Gulp!
  • ThisThis Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think I need to start smart casting as Kennen. I keep on pressing Q with my mouse near the edge of my screen, moving a bit off screen as I aim, then when the screen scrolls everything wigs out and I fuck up.

Oh god this happens to me a lot. It still happens with smartcast though :(

This on
  • JookieJookie Registered User regular
    I was surprised at how comfortable I was with smartcasting. I just did one custom game against all bots as Ryze and instantly I just...got it.

butts
  • TrusTrus Registered User regular
    The amount of time I spend just playing around with the targeting gui's means I'll never be able to use smartcasting :3

qFN53.png
This discussion has been closed.