As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] PAX East Train Alliance 2012

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Just figured I'd post and see if anyone else is taking the 172 Northeast Regional. Myself and robziel decided to try for an early train so we'd get into Boston early, the last time we took the train there were pretty bad delays so we ended up getting in several hours late. So this time around we're going to the crack of dawn train leaving Washington DC at 7:25 AM. Might be a cheaper choice since people seem to be indicating the prices for the party train have gone up

Anyways we'll keep an eye out for Paxers. :) I'll have cookie brigade trading cards and space invaders candy for the brigade as well, maybe even some cookies.

ransim on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    has anybody gotten their tickets mailed to them yet?!

Yeah I got mine in on the 15th.

• alfalfadudealfalfadude ohioRegistered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    has anybody gotten their tickets mailed to them yet?!

Yeah I got mine in on the 15th.

dang i hadn't gotten anything yet, i keep waiting by the mailbox just waiting..haha maybe tomorrow they will come!

• gidgetsgidgets Registered User regular
    Does Amtrak know that we are taking over, again? who's the liason for Amtrak for PAX EAST train trip, btw? just curious.

• JeffGrubbJeffGrubb Writer with Bitmob and Venturebeat ColumbusRegistered User regular
    OK, I got my train tickets...but I'm only on the 448 until Albany. From there, I'm either going to have to continue by bus to Boston, or I'm going to have to blend in with the crowd and hope they don't kick me off. If they check my ticket after we leave Albany, I'll just pay the difference or fine or whatever.

Either way. I'll see you guys there!

• JeffGrubbJeffGrubb Writer with Bitmob and Venturebeat ColumbusRegistered User regular
    Remind me to do this business in, like, October next time.

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Registered User regular
    JeffGrubb wrote: »
    OK, I got my train tickets...but I'm only on the 448 until Albany. From there, I'm either going to have to continue by bus to Boston, or I'm going to have to blend in with the crowd and hope they don't kick me off. If they check my ticket after we leave Albany, I'll just pay the difference or fine or whatever.

Do you not remember this scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o39ZuGNaGVg

brDe918.jpg
  • antheremantherem Registered User regular
    JeffGrubb wrote: »

@Noisymunk beat me to the Indiana Jones reference, so I will just point out the following:
    - The Amtrak station is a mile and a half from the Greyhound station, on the other side of the Hudson River.
    - If the train is actually sold out, they will possibly allow you to pay the fare...to Pittsfield, at which point you will get to enjoy the hospitality of the Berkshires instead of PAX.

• TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    @Noisymunk I was going to make a similar joke but the Jay and Silent Bob version of it from Dogma.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Mailed tickets? Pfft! I'm getting mine from the kiosk at the station.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular

Me too. XD

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • TopherRocksTopherRocks Rockstar Beard Grower Kent, OH or Long Island, NYRegistered User regular
    Moocifer wrote: »

Me too. XD
    Me three! Hopefully the kiosk in Penn station will be working right. Last year it tried to fight me.

got my train tickets in the mail today, ready to go man.

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Printed my ticket (to scan and get the real ticket at the station).

I am leaving from Trenton, PA @7:16am on Thursday, April 5th. Coming back from the Back Bay Station on Sunday @9:36pm (getting in at 4:03am!).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • 3ricG3ricG New Jersey/PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    What line you will be on: Sonic Line
    Name: Eric/3ricG, Steve, Sean, Steve, Josh, and Nick
    Boarding Stop: 30th Street Station Philadelphia, PA
    Ticket Purchased: Yes (5:15 AM Friday)

I'll have my 3DS with MK7, MKDS, and Pokemon Black.

3ricG on
    rd4rhJL.png
  • ObernathusObernathus Registered User regular
    What line you will be on: Portal
    Name:Dave
    Boarding Stop:Wells, Me
    Ticket Purchased:3:30pm, Thursday

• GiveItASqueeze2GiveItASqueeze2 Registered User new member
    edited March 2012
    What line you will be on: Sonic
    Name: Mike + friends
    Boarding Stop: Philadelphia, PA
    Ticket Purchased: Oh Yeah!

GiveItASqueeze2 on
  • WankyudoWankyudo Registered User new member
    Name: Michael
    Boarding Stop: Washington DC
    Ticket Purchased: Yup

• Dgeorge318Dgeorge318 Registered User regular
    FYI - Metal Gear Line - I'm bringing the following items: 3DS (Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart DS, Tetris, Worms, etc), Card Against Humanity (With Expansion), Hex Hex XL, Munchkin and Munchkin Zombies, We Didn't Play Test This and all of the expansions.

As well as my Magic: The Gathering EDH decks and two 60 card premades (I just bought the new Duel Deck)

I think that should suffice from my standpoint for entertainment. Gidgets and the gang will probably have a ton of games as well. I was hoping to get a hangout together before it was Train time, but I forgot. I'm still available for one on Tuesday night if there would be interest.

• yatescyatesc Registered User regular
    Name: Chris, Judy, Joe
    Boarding Stop: Union Station, Washington DC
    Ticket Purchased: We've got some tickets to ride (and we don't care).

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    For the Metal Gear line, I will be boarding in Chicago (i.e., the first stop), and I will be carrying this sign:
    tumblr_m1vwnkP59y1rt2gmzo1_500.jpg

I hope that alleviates everyone's concerns about how we're going to locate each other.

For games, I haven't decided what makes the cut for my suitcase yet, but I've got Munchkin, Illuminati, Catan, Carcassonne, and a stack of Cheapass games. I will definitely be bringing the Star Wars RPG (the old West End Games version), and hope to run a quest for that. And of course I'll have a 3DS with Mario Kart, Mario 3D land, and Pokemon Black. Also, 2 six-packs of beer.

wait we're allowed to bring our own beer on the train?!

• InuFayeInuFaye Registered User regular

This needs to be confirmed right now.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular

Technically, personal alcoholic beverages may be consumed only in sleeper cars, so you'll have to plan appropriately.

so who has a room that's willing to let us party in there?

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    Those rooms are tiny. Good luck fitting more than two or three people in one.

E6LkoFK.png

looks like i'll have to do the mcdonalds cup trick

• redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    So, is it a common thing for anyone going to PAX to stick to the back of the train to group everyone together?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • waconvwaconv Registered User new member
    Name: Andy
    Boarding Stop: Alexandria, VA
    Ticket Purchased: YES

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    By the way, how big of an issue is luggage space on the trains usually? I'm on the Sonic line and making a list of things to pack, and want to make sure I'm not going to have issues. I know they aren't checking bags at my stop so if I bring a small/medium suitcase and a backpack as carry-ons, would I be OK space-wise? I would assume yes, but just figured I'd do a quick sanity check with someone who takes trains more than I do.

1tLJUH2O.png
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited April 2012
    The train allows for a lot of luggage.
    http://www.amtrak.com/servlet/ContentServer?c=AM_Content_C&pagename=am/Layout&cid=1241267293829
    • Two-Piece Limit: Each passenger may bring aboard no more than two pieces of carry-on baggage. Not included in this limit are personal items such as purses, briefcases, laptop computers, baby items such as strollers, diaper bags and car seats, and equipment required for a passenger's medical condition such as breathing assistance devices and oxygen tanks.
    • 50-Pound Limit: Each carry-on bag may weigh no more than 50 lbs.
    • Size Limit: Each carry-on bag may not exceed 28" x 22" x 14" in size. On Pacific Surfliner trains, carry-on baggage is limited to 28" x 22" x 11".
    • Three-Piece Limit: Each ticketed passenger may check up to three pieces of luggage at no charge. Up to three additional pieces may be checked upon payment of $10.00 per piece.
    • 50-Pound Limit: Each checked bag may weigh no more than 50 lbs. We will not accept heavier pieces.
    • Size Limit: Each checked bag may not exceed 36 x 36 x 36 inches in size.
    • Check-In Time: Check all baggage at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow additional time at larger stations, during busy travel, if you have special items or also need to obtain tickets. Baggage checked less than 30 minutes prior to departure may be delayed.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

I'm on a train heading for Chicago (from Holland MI) and this thing is luxurious! Tons of leg room, lots of space for luggage, and everyone seems pretty cool.

Enjoying this already.

• smerksmerk Registered User regular
    *hypErventilating* there's a problem with my booking and i cant get on the train! Does anyone have a sleeper but oNly oNe booking? Pleaseplease can i book your second seat? I'll be in the lounge car all night anyway

What is this 'Pants' of which you speak?
    Wow Smerk, that's ridiculous. He's asking for the Metal Gear line by the way.

What about getting a ticket from Chicago to Albany-Rensalaar? They're only sold out from Albany - Boston. Could try and figure it out on the way there...

Sorry yes metal gear line. Please. can someone help me? I'll also reimburse you half your sleeper fee.

Done! So I'm at least going to Albany with you guys. In forum lies the wisdom. I still need to get to Boston, so if anyone has a sPot I would still like to contribute to your solvency.

Good to hear. At least you'll have Jeff Grubb with you in Albany.

Sitting at the Chicao station, got a loooot of time to kill. Anyone know of anything neat to look at immediately around the station?

• Nicole452Nicole452 Tampa, FLRegistered User regular
    Getting on the Star Fox line in Orlando! It's running late.

This discussion has been closed.