As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GOP Primaries] WI, MD, DC 4/3. Sponsored by cheese, crab cakes, and murder, respectively.

• Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    Houn wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7Y3nUvRQ7s

After a strict reading of the rules, I believe this falls under the category of "Oh, Snap!"
    oh-snap-chart-.jpg

"Sure, I'll run as Romney's partner. AFTER I FUCKING DESTROYYYYYY HIM!"

Wow.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Curly_BraceCurly_Brace Robot Girl Mimiga VillageRegistered User regular
    So, presidential primaries are open primaries on my state. Considering I don't have anything to do and seeing Romney or Santorum get the nomination would be fucking terrifying for me, should I go out and vote for Ron Paul? Or, just for laughs, Gingrich?

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    So, presidential primaries are open primaries on my state. Considering I don't have anything to do and seeing Romney or Santorum get the nomination would be fucking terrifying for me, should I go out and vote for Ron Paul? Or, just for laughs, Gingrich?

You're implying that voting for Paul would not also be for laughs.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Tox wrote: »

True. Both of them are a joke, and neither of them realize it.

• Options
    Mild ConfusionMild Confusion Smash All Things Registered User regular
    Is it too late to put yourself on the ticket? Maybe people will vote for you!

steam_sig.png

Battlenet ID: MildC#11186 - If I'm in the game, send me an invite at anytime and I'll play.
  • Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular

Curly Brace '12.

• Options
    edited April 2012

Curly Brace '12.

Trading the mediocre Polar Stars of today for the kick-ass machine-guns of the Future!

Also, free childcare for all Mimigas!

Curly_Brace on
  • Options
    TubularLuggageTubularLuggage Registered User regular
    So it looks like Santorum never applied to be on the ballot in D.C.
    He didn't apply and fail to meet a requirement; he straight up didn't apply to be on the ballot there.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    I mean, he was never going to win DC, but christ why are they so bad at this?

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    He didn't apply and fail to meet a requirement; he straight up didn't apply to be on the ballot there.

That's what happens when you don't have the funds or structure to build a well organized campaign on the national scale.

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Obama personally stole the paperwork that Santorum totally filed. Obama literally lives in D.C. Those washington insiders!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular

Curly Brace '12.

Trading the mediocre Polar Stars of today for the kick-ass machine-guns of the Future!

Occupy Hell!

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Curly Brace '12.

Occupy Hell!

Funny you should say that. Saul Alinsky said something similar in a Playboy interview, according to wikipedia.

Also, the Fox News "blah Alinsky boogey man blah!" thing seems kind of strange. I was about to make a sarcastic post with his name before I went with the Obama thing above, and decided to read up on his wikipedia. Apparently Tea Party people were fans of his. And what he did doesn't seem all that negative.

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular

That's what happens when you don't have the funds or structure to build a well organized campaign on the national scale.

Did any of them actually make the ballot in R.I.?

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Cantido wrote: »

Curly Brace '12.

Occupy Hell!

Doable!

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I went to vote around 10:30 AM. The first words out of the mouth of the ladies at the polls was "Oh, there he is!"

Again: 10:30 AM. And they were surprised it took me so long.

(I decided to repay the GOP for Operation Chaos and took Santorum. I don't feel like ending the show just yet. Besides, Obama didn't have a primary opponent and the other races on the ballot were nonpartisan, so might as well.)

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular

I love Ron Paul. Yes, he's crazy, but he's the closest thing you'll find to an honest politician. He'll tell you his crazy ideas, and never flip flop from them.

• Options
    Captain CarrotCaptain Carrot Alexandria, VARegistered User regular
    Except he refuses to give a straight answer about the racist newsletters or admit any responsibility at all.

• Options
    AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tommatt wrote: »

I love Ron Paul. Yes, he's crazy, but he's the closest thing you'll find to an honest politician. He'll tell you his crazy ideas, and never flip flop from them.

He is a rambling, nonsensical liar who has been in Congress since the 1970s and has been trucking home that sweet sweet pork the whole time all while preaching about how its evil. He is at best incompetent and at worst malevolent.

Consistency is only a value if you're not awful.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Which is more racist, the War on Drugs or Ron Paul?

/elcor This post is tongue-in-cheek.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    If nothing else, after tonight, Obama may officially be the Democratic nominee, rather than the 'well no fucking shit he'll be the nominee' Democratic nominee.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    So I went to vote around 10:30 AM. The first words out of the mouth of the ladies at the polls was "Oh, there he is!"

Again: 10:30 AM. And they were surprised it took me so long.

(I decided to repay the GOP for Operation Chaos and took Santorum. I don't feel like ending the show just yet. Besides, Obama didn't have a primary opponent and the other races on the ballot were nonpartisan, so might as well.)

lol.

That is seriously the most adorable. Small district, Gos?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    As expected, Maryland was called for Romney as soon as the polls closed.
    Edit: And now D.C. has been called for Romney as well.

TubularLuggage on
  • Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I'm sad that MSNBC's Primary Coverage is now just "Yeah, we'll mention primary results as they happen".

• Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    If nothing else, after tonight, Obama may officially be the Democratic nominee, rather than the 'well no fucking shit he'll be the nominee' Democratic nominee.

I feel bad for the one Randall Terry delegate that has to be humiliated at the convention.

• Options
    dbrock270 wrote: »

I feel bad for the one Randall Terry delegate that has to be humiliated at the convention.

They're probably gearing up for a convention fight. Third Round Ballot strategy.

• Options
    Romney won DC and Maryland on MSNBC.

• Options
    Santorum is on the teevee saying "you know me".

"Three weeks till pennsylvania."

• Options
    Paul Ryan is introducing Romney's speech tonight?

That's...interesting.

• Options
    _J_ wrote: »
    Paul Ryan is introducing Romney's speech tonight?

That's...interesting.

I wonder if he'll be all having a sad about Obama being mean to him.

• Options
    CNN just called Wisconsin for Romney.

• Options
    shrykeshryke Member of the Beast Registered User regular
    Paul Ryan seems to be angling for a VP spot.

• Options
    That seems a mite premature, there's 10% in with a one point lead... I'm sure Romney will win (that's what I get for making my map a month in advanced) but still.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    shryke wrote: »

Of course he is, but I'm not sure they'll touch him with his Fuck the Poor budget hanging over their heads.

Lh96QHG.png
  • Options
    Exits, etc etc etc.

• Options
    That seems a mite premature, there's 10% in with a one point lead... I'm sure Romney will win (that's what I get for making my map a month in advanced) but still.

7.4% in on the Google maps.

I'm surprised they called it this early, too.

Paul Ryan is talking now. Being all "I love Ayn Rand".

• Options
    With 14% of the vote in, Huntsman is sitting at 5.3% of the vote in D.C.

• Options
    monikermoniker Registered User regular

He's a Catholic from Wisconsin.

Good luck with that.

• Options
    So much hate for Paul Ryan.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Of course he is, but I'm not sure they'll touch him with his Fuck the Poor budget hanging over their heads.

Perhaps we should have a VP poll? Who we think is most likely to get the VP nod.

Because if so I:

Nominate Marco Rubio.

Because never underestimate the GOP stupidity when it comes to trying to court minorities. This is the same party that thought Sarah Palin would let them get Hillary Clinton's female supporters.

Suggestion for a new thread.

Kipling217 on
    The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.