As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] A Twittering song, Twitter at PAX East 2012 (submissions closed)

12346»

• Options
    FenrisknightFenrisknight Token Canadian CanadianRegistered User regular
  • Options
    MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    @mrgonepax2012 (I finally changed it from 2011 to 2012........that somehow confirms to me that this is actually happening in 3 days!!!)

• Options
    DMmagicDMmagic PAX East Enforcer Springfield, MO, USARegistered User regular
    Please add @dmmagic to the list :-)

• Options
    zombie112zombie112 Registered User new member
    Add @zombie112 aswell, :D

• Options
    geekbabegeekbabe Registered User new member
  • Options
    TemigTemig East [E] North Shore - MARegistered User regular
    Using @TemigGaming for PAX... we'll see if I ACTUALLY use it.

JQ1qRPt.png
  • Options
    polaris314polaris314 Registered User regular
    Just did my now-traditional "add a bunch of PA peeps who weren't already in my feed a couple days before PAX"....thing.... so don't be surprised by the incoming "a stranger is following you" notifications! :)

steam_sig.png
    XBL/PSN-Polaris314/Twitter/DJ P0LARI5
  • Options
    purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Anyone know of a Twitter app for Android phones that does not kill your battery? I have tried Tweetdeck and Tweetcaster but they cut my battery life down to only a few hours.

• Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Anyone know of a Twitter app for Android phones that does not kill your battery? I have tried Tweetdeck and Tweetcaster but they cut my battery life down to only a few hours.

I just use Twitter in my phone's browser, and get the most important PAX things as text notifications. The browser doesn't use nearly as much battery life as some of those apps.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod

You can manage how often those apps check for data to cut down on power consumption. You could also try Twicca or the official Twitter app.

• Options
    geekbabegeekbabe Registered User new member
    I'll be there

I just installed Plume, I'm kind of tired of Tweetdeck between force closes & battery drain

• Options
    Ok, I left it go one extra hour. I won't be adding anyone who posts after this post. Adding new people now! SEE YOU ALL AT PAX!!!!

• Options
    updated! woo!

• Options
    triggerpappytriggerpappy Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Please add @fragcast we will be there covering pc stuff

thanks!

triggerpappy on
  • Options
    Please add @fragcast we will be there covering pc stuff
    thanks!

Only personal accounts get added to the list. Also, the list submission is closed. This is not the place to advertise your blog or news site.

• Options
    cadmiacadmia Registered User regular
    Will you be updating the list again, now that PAX is over? One of my goals for the next year is to try to get more involved in the community and I think being a part of the community twitter list would help that. My handle is cadmia (so original!) if anyone wants to add me individually :)

• Options
    cadmia wrote: »
    Will you be updating the list again, now that PAX is over? One of my goals for the next year is to try to get more involved in the community and I think being a part of the community twitter list would help that. My handle is cadmia (so original!) if anyone wants to add me individually :)

I will not update this list ever again. I will, however, be making a new list for every PAX. People can add whomever they want and make their own lists out of the many threads like this from each PAX, but as far as doing the lists on the paxcommunity twitter I am trying to keep them set around whatever the current PAX is, so chatter will likely be more relevant. For example, I did not follow everyone on this list, but I did follow the people I had the best conversations with through this list.