As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• Options
    PrjctD_CaptainPrjctD_Captain iFizzRegistered User regular
    Sorry, im stupid. what is smartcasting anyways?

Steam: BrightWing
    PSN: BrightWing13 FFX|V:ARR Bright Asuna
  • Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Rius wrote: »

I don't understand why people do this sort of thing. And this is why ELO Hell exists because hell is other people.

And how. My current favorite indicator that I'm in ELO Hell is picking a support tank (Alistar, Leona, and Nautilus all seem to work) and being informed that a) I need to take heal, or b) I ought to be healing, WHYYYYY AREN'T YOU HEALINGGGGG?!?!

... it's because I want to kill them since their support champion can't heal through burst, guy. Learn to play without someone devoting 20 minutes to keeping you in the game.

Oh, and it took me about a month to get my game back as well. I can now turn in solid games on characters I couldn't before I dropped out of League of Legends for a while, too, so that's a plus.

Finally, on the subject of TSM: I think a small but real problem they're looking at is that, to judge from guides / summoner profiles, they really like to rune to accentuate strengths rather than shore up weaknesses.

• Options
    JookieJookie Registered User regular
    Smartcast is basically you hold shift and now if you hit a skill button it casts it where your mouse is instead of requiring a click. If it's a skill that requires a target it won't cast unless your mouse is hovering over a target. So Ashe's volley, for example, will cast. But something like Annie's Q will not.

It's essentially like Karthus' Q or Cassiopeia's.

butts
  • Options
    KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Sorry, im stupid. what is smartcasting anyways?

Smartcasting casts spells the instant the button is pressed, using the current location of the cursor (if applicable), instead of presenting a targeting interface. By default, this functionality is bound to Shift + [spell hotkey]. The idea being that it takes less time to go from wanting to cast the spell to actually casting the spell.
    This wrote: »
    Kiz wrote: »
    I think I need to start smart casting as Kennen. I keep on pressing Q with my mouse near the edge of my screen, moving a bit off screen as I aim, then when the screen scrolls everything wigs out and I fuck up.

Oh god this happens to me a lot. It still happens with smartcast though :(

And here I thought I was the only one that could fuck up like this! It's good to know that there's more of my kind out there.

PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do as Vayne in team fights against a team that has Noct, Irelia, and Fizz.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do as Vayne in team fights against a team that has Noct, Irelia, and Fizz.

build a time machine, travel back to champ select, and play cait instead

• Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Heh, I haven't played league in a while, and I had Nid as a support bot for the first time (I was Sivir). Freaking amazing. Guys were so nervous of getting boomeranged and speared.

Edit: Though it was mostly that the other guys in the lane were pretty bad.

Jephery on
    }
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This is why there's no such thing as competitive blind pick

TannerMS on
  • Options
    The EnderThe Ender Registered User regular

Oh, that's easy. You're supposed to die.

With Love and Courage
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    Speaking of good supports, I just had a fantastic game as Sivir thanks to an awesome Soraka vs a Cait/Taric lane. Got up about 30cs during laning and our team kept our momentum going through the rest of the game.

Also, blocking a Karthus ult with spellshield never gets old. No free kills, zombie!

• Options
    The Ender wrote: »

Oh, that's easy. You're supposed to die.
    I was really good at that.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    re: Teemo http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=22755472#22755472
    Morello wrote:
    Again, another one that hadn't aligned with the stars of when I was on the forums.

Not to spill the beans, but not only do we have some goodness for Teemo, but unless something happens, it should be in this patch. We found a bug that was really hampering his damage, among a couple other QoL fixes.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    The bug was related to attack speed and the dot on his poison.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    I'm tellin' ya, the path to victory is Udyr. I'm slowly learning this.
    udyr2.jpg
    By the end of this game, I was standing in 5 of them, just tanking them all, giving ZERO fucks. I had it at one point where J4, Sivir, and GP were all smashing at me, in their own base, and I was doing so much to them and denying them, that GP and J4 broke off and started to run. From me. Alone. I know it was a terrible idea, but when you can do that, and die after ALL five of them dogpile you (still taking them forever to do) why the fuck wouldn't you? I was cackling like a proper villain, I assure you.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    udyr2.jpg
    By the end of this game, I was standing in 5 of them, just tanking them all, giving ZERO fucks. I had it at one point where J4, Sivir, and GP were all smashing at me, in their own base, and I was doing so much to them and denying them, that GP and J4 broke off and started to run. From me. Alone. I know it was a terrible idea, but when you can do that, and die after ALL five of them dogpile you (still taking them forever to do) why the fuck wouldn't you? I was cackling like a proper villain, I assure you.

That was a fun game. We got to a point that we could start derping around and do stupid shit. I decided to try to 2v1 GP and Ahri, but that wasn't a wise thing to do.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Options
    ZeroZedZeroZeroZedZero Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »
    udyr2.jpg

That was a fun game. We got to a point that we could start derping around and do stupid shit. I decided to try to 2v1 GP and Ahri, but that wasn't a wise thing to do.

Wise? Nope. But neither was my entire team screaming for me to B, and deciding to see just how long it would take all of them to kill me. Man, I do hope we have more fun games like that soon. Might convince me to go back to ranked and work on my rating some more.

steam_sig.png
    Come watch me on my stream : http://www.own3d.tv/ZeroZedZero
  • Options
    I had the opportunity to run top lane Olaf vs Lee Sin.

He really, really does not like Reckless Swing. When you reduce a Lee to last hitting with Q for fear of multiple axes to the face, I figure that's a job well done.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2012

He really, really does not like Reckless Swing. When you reduce a Lee to last hitting with Q for fear of multiple axes to the face, I figure that's a job well done.

I got beaten by a Lee Sin the other day (random normal PA v PA actually), but only because I was running ghost/TP and he was running heal/ignite. I misjudged the fight and lost. However, my TP definitely got us two dragons, so I feel it was worth it. Having TP when you are losing your lane can be a huge blessing as well, cause you can roam and gank, then TP back when the lane pushes.

Edit - and I beat a Rumble in lane last night. A 1640 player that mains Rumble, damn that felt good. I was able to chunk him a few times with Q, then once or twice he got too close while using his flamethrower and got Reckless Swings to the face.

Sampsen on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular

I prefer Killing Lee Outright with Fiora personally. Fun Fact, Fiora doesn't give two shits about Vlad. Just added him to my list of "Will Fiora beat this champ?" Charge in with dash, start attacking him, he pools to get away, use second dash once he is back up and start trashing him again.

When you hit 6 you do the same thing, except this time after he pools you ult him. Poor Poor Vlad, you have to watch out for his harass though...oh wait no you don't because your sustain when you are harassing him is enough to counteract it.

<3 Fiora so much.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options

I got beaten by a Lee Sin the other day (random normal PA v PA actually), but only because I was running ghost/TP and he was running heal/ignite. I misjudged the fight and lost. However, my TP definitely got us two dragons, so I feel it was worth it. Having TP when you are losing your lane can be a huge blessing as well, cause you can roam and gank, then TP back when the lane pushes.

Edit - and I beat a Rumble in lane last night. A 1640 player that mains Rumble, damn that felt good. I was able to chunk him a few times with Q, then once or twice he got too close while using his flamethrower and got Reckless Swings to the face.
    He was Exh/Ignite, I was Ghost/TP. I went for it at 4, killed him, leveled up to 5, immediately trained my first point in W, then popped that and used the lifesteal to survive the ignite and minion damage with 15HP.

He did get me later surviving an Undertow with 10HP at his tower while me running away died to minions.

Frosteey later came up and bush ganked to hilarious effect with Lulu. I baited him into going for me near his tower, so he Safeguarded past and Kicked me into the tower, all of a sudden Lulu ult heals me back up and dead Lee.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    i need to pick up olaf again ugh

gotta play him lots before they nerf the crap out of him

• Options

He was Exh/Ignite, I was Ghost/TP. I went for it at 4, killed him, leveled up to 5, immediately trained my first point in W, then popped that and used the lifesteal to survive the ignite and minion damage with 15HP.

He did get me later surviving an Undertow with 10HP at his tower while me running away died to minions.

Frosteey later came up and bush ganked to hilarious effect with Lulu. I baited him into going for me near his tower, so he Safeguarded past and Kicked me into the tower, all of a sudden Lulu ult heals me back up and dead Lee.

If we ran more aggressive summoners, they wouldnt even stand a chance. Maybe I'll try ghost/ignite Olaf for hilarity tomorrow.

I really hope they don't. He is just so much fun these days, and even if you lose your lane, you can easily farm yourself back into the game. Pretty much nothing stops you from getting to late-game Olaf.

• Options

If we ran more aggressive summoners, they wouldnt even stand a chance. Maybe I'll try ghost/ignite Olaf for hilarity tomorrow.

I really hope they don't. He is just so much fun these days, and even if you lose your lane, you can easily farm yourself back into the game. Pretty much nothing stops you from getting to late-game Olaf.

olaf loses lane?

• Options

olaf loses lane?

It happens. Whether you mess up an axe throw, or get a couple good ganks against you, it can happen. but most of the time it doesn't even matter if you give up an early kill, you can still win your lane hard. Unless it's like Riven, Wukong or Lee Sin, then it sucks.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This wrote: »
    re: Teemo http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=22755472#22755472
    Morello wrote:
    Again, another one that hadn't aligned with the stars of when I was on the forums.

Not to spill the beans, but not only do we have some goodness for Teemo, but unless something happens, it should be in this patch. We found a bug that was really hampering his damage, among a couple other QoL fixes.

Yay, Teemo goodness!

Glal on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    I want to download that replay program. Its LoL replay right? I'm scared just googling and downloading it from my time playing WoW. anyone mind throwing out the link?

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

olaf loses lane?

Ryze >>>> olaf.
    Just gotta know your counters, brah!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    evilthecat wrote: »

olaf loses lane?

Ryze >>>> olaf.

touché

he is such a common ban though! who else could beat him... maybe teemo? nid?

• Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So, it probably wouldn't work at higher elo's, but I just got wrecked with graves/sona bot vs vlad and teemo.

We were wrecking them early, got a few kills, zoned lane, and pushed to deny CS. But once they hit about lvl 4 or so, man was it painful. It didn't help our top fed GP, his global ult always came down on us bot, our jungle wasn't very good and got destroyed by eve (funny, I just finished a game before this where eve was useless)

Teemo's blind hurts. The worst part isyou don't even realize you have it on you/are going to lose the exchange. No HP left teemo blinds me at half HP but skill are on CD. He just stands there hitting me
    Over the head while I'm saying "why won't you die!". Guy played a very good teemo IMO. It's like he knew how to bait me into trying to kill me. Perfectly timed blinds every time.

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »

olaf loses lane?

Ryze >>>> olaf.

touché

he is such a common ban though! who else could beat him... maybe teemo? nid?

well his trading ability is all about his w&e, the hero you throw at him
    a) cannot be hit
    or
    b) needs more sustain than olaf
    or
    c) has a gimmick

I don't "main" the top lane though so I couldn't advise on which top regulars you could throw at him. From a mid's perspective, I'd feel ok with the following champs up top vs. olaf: akali (gimmicky but I think if played offensively should cause olaf to back off early), soraka (easy farm, easy harass, silence to stop olaf "e"-ing you), Yorick (can't pimpslap all my ghouls, yo!).

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    MukkMukk Registered User regular
    It's funny how important the visuals of a champion are (at least for me). Now that I have the mafia Graves skin I actually find him more fun once again. AND I had a good game with him. For the same reason I'm sometimes reluctant to play Soraka because she looks so bad compared to the newer champs.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Mukk wrote: »
    For the same reason I'm sometimes reluctant to play Soraka because she looks so bad compared to the newer champs.

Yeah, she really needs a Kayle-style makeover. A bunch of their earliest champs look pretty terribad.

• Options
    MahnmutMahnmut Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Mukk wrote: »
    For the same reason I'm sometimes reluctant to play Soraka because she looks so bad compared to the newer champs.

Yeah, she really needs a Kayle-style makeover. A bunch of their earliest champs look pretty terribad.

When I rolled out Kayle the other day I was really pleased with how deeply awesome she looks now. <3

Steam/LoL: Jericho89
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So, played Kog'maw/Lulu last night against a Caitlyn/Sona lane. Probably one of the most abysmal laning experiences of my life - any time I got near the creep line I just ate face-fulls of harass from both of them. Died about 3 times in early game (by which time I was about 40 cs behind Cait) before they finally downed the tower and I had some breathing room to farm.

Is that just a horrendous matchup for Kog, or is there anything in the world I could have done to manage it?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    Watoo24Watoo24 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So, played Kog'maw/Lulu last night against a Caitlyn/Sona lane. Probably one of the most abysmal laning experiences of my life - any time I got near the creep line I just ate face-fulls of harass from both of them. Died about 3 times in early game (by which time I was about 40 cs behind Cait) before they finally downed the tower and I had some breathing room to farm.

Is that just a horrendous matchup for Kog, or is there anything in the world I could have done to manage it?

honestly cait's a pretty bad MU for kog. Most of what you do is only go for last hits either with lulu's shield, or with your w on, preferably both. If they're bad, like most, are you could just wait for them to push, and then farm at tower. However if they don't push, and zone you out the only thing you can do is ask your jungler to gank, and with that lane comp i think it may be warranted.

the other option is to harass sona. If she is played as aggressive as most sonas play then that should be pretty easy.

another option would be to have lulu polymorph someone, and then harass them really hard. Back off until its back up, and lather rinse repeat.

If you have the option though soraka is probably better in that situation than lulu.

Watoo24 on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    ...and Soraka's default portrait has some goddamn Picasso geometry going on.

• Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    Watoo24 wrote: »
    So, played Kog'maw/Lulu last night against a Caitlyn/Sotna lane. Probably one of the most abysmal laning experiences of my life - any time I got near the creep line I just ate face-fulls of harass from both of them. Died about 3 times in early game (by which time I was about 40 cs behind Cait) before they finally downed the tower and I had some breathing room to farm.

honestly cait's a pretty bad MU for kog. Most of what you do is only go for last hits either with lulu's shield, or with your w on, preferably both. If they're bad, like most, are you could just wait for them to push, and then farm at tower. However if they don't push, and zone you out the only thing you can do is ask your jungler to gank, and with that lane comp i think it may be warranted.

the other option is to harass sona. If she is played as aggressive as most sonas play then that should be pretty easy.

another option would be to have lulu polymorph someone, and then harass them really hard. Back off until its back up, and lather rinse repeat.

If you have the option though soraka is probably better in that situation than lulu.

So who is a decent counter to Cait in bot, for future reference?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Sivir

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Yup. Sivir is ranged by Cait, but you can step on cupcakes with spellshield for free mana, and ignore her Piltover harass with the same. If you get pushed to your tower, you can clear the wave with Boomerang + Ricochet without losing too many creeps to the tower, too.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

you need 2 things

a quicksilver sash

and a guardian angel

defensive build, bloodthirster + pd as well

those 4 items would be core

save condemn to knock irelia away after her dash, hang back and keep separate from the team as much as possible to make fizz fishing you a waste (if he fishes you only hes wasting his time), shoot targets of opportunity rather than going in assassin style, save your roll defensively for your ult, etc etc

thats not a particularly brutal team, and if they were all diving you the guardian angel is especially handy because it lets you waste their time while your team can kill the guys diving into them

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.