As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Mass Effect] Resurgence MP DLC on the 10th; 6 chars, 3 guns, 2 maps. MARK SPOILERS!

• Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Interesting, got the Eagle in my pack. Was surprised that it does way less damage than..well, any pistol, but its biggest advantage seems to be its rate of fire (and its weight, I guess).
    Looking forward to trying it out later.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    Spoit wrote: »
    But seriously, is there somewhere where PC players organize games? There are like only 5 people who play it in the steam group chat

We pretty much just join each others games or invite people directly from our friend lists. I've got roughly 70 people on it so there's usually always someone around.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Interesting, got the Eagle in my pack. Was surprised that it does way less damage than..well, any pistol, but its biggest advantage seems to be its rate of fire (and its weight, I guess).
    Looking forward to trying it out later.

Once you get used to the recoil, half a clip focused on the shoulders/head will drop a non-shielded mob. Recoil is a bit wonka though.

Until my Phalanx went up to about VII I was using my Eagle. I love all the hybrid guns.

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    But seriously, is there somewhere where PC players organize games? There are like only 5 people who play it in the steam group chat

We pretty much just join each others games or invite people directly from our friend lists. I've got roughly 70 people on it so there's usually always someone around.
    I usually try 5 or 6 people, who are always in a full game, before giving up and just pubbing. Is it really necessary for you to select your character half way through the connection process bioware? Why not before, like every other connection part, or after you already connect to the game?

steam_sig.png
  • StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    So, I just made the wonderful discovery that my in-game voice (PC) doesn't work at all. I know it isn't a microphone issue because I use it with TeamSpeak all the time. I hit my push-to-talk key and nothing happens, the icon doesn't light up and no one can hear me. Has anyone else had that problem?

• MechMantisMechMantis Registered User regular
    Strikor wrote: »
    So, I just made the wonderful discovery that my in-game voice (PC) doesn't work at all. I know it isn't a microphone issue because I use it with TeamSpeak all the time. I hit my push-to-talk key and nothing happens, the icon doesn't light up and no one can hear me. Has anyone else had that problem?

Yes. I also found that at some point it magically fixed itself for no discernible reason.

It was the strangest thing.

• ShenShen Registered User regular
    Try changing the settings then changing them back again, seems to do the trick.

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    *sigh* no promotion pack it seems.

Got victory pack, but nothing more.

• Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    put a support request in on the EA site. I did that for operation goliath and I got one in a couple hours without even a followup

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Yes! Geth Plasma Shotgun X!

Now I never have to see that hunk of shit in my Spectre packs ever again!

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular
    I just got a second victory and commendation pack.

I now got a Hurricane II and a Valiant I! :D

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

• MrIamMeMrIamMe Registered User regular
    Emailed them, but hey, Im not all that hopefull....

omghax

I usually try 5 or 6 people, who are always in a full game, before giving up and just pubbing. Is it really necessary for you to select your character half way through the connection process bioware? Why not before, like every other connection part, or after you already connect to the game?

Yeah, don't get my wrong, it's definitely a tedious system..your best bet might be starting a private game and then just invite people. Or just ask here in the thread, you'll usually find some broskis to shoot some mans with you.

• Blackbird SR-71CBlackbird SR-71C Registered User regular

omghax

Yeah, don't get my wrong, it's definitely a tedious system..your best bet might be starting a private game and then just invite people. Or just ask here in the thread, you'll usually find some broskis to shoot some mans with you.

I find inviting people works really well. It would be nice if you could set a flag that says "looking for people to play with!" or somethine, so I know who I should invite, and who just wants to play singleplayer.

steam_sig.png
    Steam ID: 76561198021298113
    Origin ID: SR71C_Blackbird

Tried out the Eagle..meh. Not a big of it..I'll likely stick to the Carnifex.

• Blood DriveBlood Drive Registered User regular
    Closing down for the night, and got a nice juicy Valiant in my bonus pack! Now it gets to sit while I get prepared for a trip. Guess ill bring the real computer with me after all this weekend. The 4 year old laptop just dosn't cut it anymore.

• IDDQDIDDQD Registered User regular
    Sadness.. Commendation pack = Crusader II. Not a bad weapon at all really, kind of like a shotgun sniper rifle. Too bad my Shotgun spec Infiltrator uses a Claymore.

Live: Flynnt Loch | PSN: FlynntLoch | Steam: flynnt_loch
  • curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    Got a Hurricane in my pack, figured I'd try it out and discovered it's the perfect weapon fot my Turian Sentinel. Light enough to have decent cooldowns and Turian stability bonuses bring it under control. Once you can control it the Hurricane simply chews through anything in you path.

I really do love this crazy hand Gatling gun.
    it's fucking amazing on a turian

also, marksman + carnifex = outkilling salarian infiltrators

anything you can do i can do better~

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • ArteenArteen Adept ValeRegistered User regular
    These commendation packs always seem to have exactly what I want. I got a valiant the other week and a crusader today.

• jclastjclast Registered User regular
    Since the RNG refuses to give me a Krogan Sentinel anyone have any tips on specing a Krogan Soldier? To me they have to many useful abilities and not enough points.
    I am playing one right now and my current thought is "max carnage and ignore grenades because consumables are only cool until you don't have any and the ammo box is empty."

camo_sig2.png
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    I've been having a lot of fun packing a carnifex on my human engineer, regularly scoring 20 headshots in games, in between cooldowns. I used the Predator X with a human sentinel I had at a low level on bronze, and it was surprisingly powerful. Even with max cooldown bonus, you can still get a lot of shots of during cooldowns. I kept running out of ammo for the damn thing.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Sorry about dropping in the middle of a gold match last night. My home internet connection went down during some thunderstorms and didn't come back up before I went to sleep.

Bless your heart.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    I have tomorrow off work and I am 12 hours ahead of USA EST time. I would like to play some games with you guys.

Is there anyone who knows for a fact they'll be gaming around 6pm-2am Wednesday night EST so that I can add only you guys and not have to add all 60+ peoples?

I'll likely be on between 7pm and midnight EST.

Checked my commendation pack this morning, Valiant! Hooray! Going to give this puppy a whirl this evening.

That, the Widow II and the Javalin I all within a few days of each other. I feel like Jayne, keeping my options open.

... but it'll be hard to top the Javalin from last night. It is my very favourite gun. I named her Vera.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Sweet, I am now a member of the lucky Valiant club.

Time to put on a monocle and look down upon peons from my ivory tower.

(ಠ_ృ)

• curly haired boycurly haired boy Your Friendly Neighborhood Torgue Dealer Registered User regular
    i want a javelin to mess around with :(

RxI0N.png
    Registered just for the Mass Effect threads | Steam: click ^^^ | Origin: curlyhairedboy
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    An N7 Eagle? Come on!

• SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    My first Premium spectre pack got me a Drell Vanguard and a a M37 Falcon II....I've heard the Drell Venguard is great, but given how bugged the Falcon seems to be, this was pretty disappointing overall. Really could have used a wider variety of weapons...

EDIT: Holy shit, finally got my second sniper rifle--Valiant in the commendation pack. I want a Viper, but I will take anything at this point (I'm under the impression the Valiant is also better).

Synthesis on
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I'm half expecting someone to come back in a few months and profess their undying love of *"shitty" N7 weapon level X*.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You guys following the chobot silliness on her IGN blog?

She says anyone mad at mass effect ending is an ass and then states she hasnt finished it.
    People comment that she is foolish to comment on something she cant understand as she never even finished it.
    She retracts the statement half heartedly.
    Some one lays down the sickest non personal attack comment explaining why gamers are irked at her inclusion(Directed @bioware not her) being in ME3- That she deletes and goes on a tirade responding to a deleted comment.
    He lays down an even sicker non attacking burn on her explainination. Like the guy just explains his points and none of it is derp derp or blaiming the chobot.
    White knights ignore his words and bust his chops.
    She announces she is closing the blog.

She kind of comes off as someone who refuses to believe a fraction of why she is where she is- is due to sexiness and psp licking. Which sorry- to people who dont follow ign- you are the psplicker @ best.

Mass effect 3 ending- it is literally poison. it will literally poison everything it touches.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »
    Which sorry- to people who dont follow ign- you are the psplicker @ best.

Is it wrong that I read this and instantly went "Oh that's who she is!"? :P

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    I want to know who thought that much recoil on the N7 Hurricane was a good idea. Even with 55% stability from my Turian, I'm still shooting at the ceiling.

It would be a pretty awesome gun if it just had reasonable recoil.

• mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

I didnt even know she licked a psp until me3. I had no idea what a chobut was.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular

People kept talking about how annoying this "Chobot" was. Science fiction logic usually means Chobot is some sort of acronym for a robot of some kind, so I at first thought it was a stupid robot sidekick they added to ME3 and I was about to hate it. (Chobot)

But then I heard it was some actress, and then I heard she had a picture of herself licking a psp. And then I was like...what?

And then I still hated it.

• KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular

No, it's very, very right.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    GaryO wrote: »
    so my victory pack gave me a shotgun and power boost for one level, and the commendation pack gave me a hurricane? (the n7 submachine gun). I don't use submachine guns though so waste of time promoting two guys I think!

I think the devs at bioware are still figuring out how to do multiplayer rewards and so far so good so Im not too worried about the possibility of being disapointed by my reward at the moment. I do hope however that they do up the difficulty of the objectives they set for the challenge reward and offer greater incentives too.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Like everyone else said, the Victory pack was crap. The first Victory pack got me a Widow. I wasn't expecting anything that awesome, but a little something something wouldn't have hurt. Is the Victory pack just whatever the special pack of the week is? Also too, no Comendation pack as of last night, if it's not in when I check this evening I'll have to grumble to EA, but anyone know if it's possible to have turned of stat tracking on the 360? Turning that off seems to be a pretty common way to avoid getting rewards, so I'd like to check it out to make sure that's not a potential issue.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
    gjaustin wrote: »
    I want to know who thought that much recoil on the N7 Hurricane was a good idea. Even with 55% stability from my Turian, I'm still shooting at the ceiling.

protip: don't scope in unless you're in cover. if you're just running around, fire from the hip and stability isn't an issue for close to mid-range.

get in cover, however, and your stability shoots through the roof and the thing becomes a bullet laser.

RxI0N.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    Yeah, I got the Hurricane this week, and it's actually suprisingly deadly on a Turian Soldier.... assuming you can hit with it. Which is kinda hard.

More importantly it's hilarious.

What mods did you go with, Curly? I figured heat sink and barrel would help shore up the generally-weak SMG damage and make my paltry 280 rounds go a bit farther.

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    gjaustin wrote: »

protip: don't scope in unless you're in cover. if you're just running around, fire from the hip and stability isn't an issue for close to mid-range.

get in cover, however, and your stability shoots through the roof and the thing becomes a bullet laser.

Yep, that's what I was doing. It was still challenging to control, especially since it doesn't have great accuracy..

And anytime I hit Marksman, I would instantly be shooting the ceiling. As in, an almost instant 90% kick. That was at least hilarious.

Kainy wrote: »
    Yeah, I got the Hurricane this week, and it's actually suprisingly deadly on a Turian Soldier.... assuming you can hit with it. Which is kinda hard.

More importantly it's hilarious.

What mods did you go with, Curly? I figured heat sink and barrel would help shore up the generally-weak SMG damage and make my paltry 280 rounds go a bit farther.

That's what I went with. I'm thinking Scope + Barrel is better though.

gjaustin on
  • Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular

Is "licked a psp" some kind of dirty joke I dont get?

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.