As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Of Yordles, Suppordles and Sort-of-Yordles

• MomoriMomori Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

Equius requires the aid of a fresh towel.

I was very skeptical of this new champ, based on word usage and imagery in the preview that he might be some type of headless horseman which was a wholy unappealing prospect for me.

Knowing that he might be a robo centuar though is awesome. I am now very excited at throwing 6300 ip away in reckless abandon for what the champ is.

• Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    So I bought Rumble. The following screenshot is a good guide on how not to build Nasus, also.
    Qon6H.jpg

Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    So I bought Rumble. The following screenshot is a good guide on how not to build Nasus, also.
    Qon6H.jpg

I feel like Rumble would be a nightmare matchup for Nasus. Also, boots of mobility Nasus :?

3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • CoolTrainerCoolTrainer Registered User regular
    chaox has bad positioning and makes some very misguided decisions, xpecial gets caught a lot

What in the world has happened to Chaox here lately? He used to be the destroyer of worlds. I considered him to be the best AD carry in the game and I used to watch his stream a lot to get tips. Now though, it's like he's not even the same person.

One frustrating thing for me is how he's been playing Ashe so much here lately, and it just seems like the character doesn't fit him at all. I've seen him launch some horrible Arrows to initiate team fights and then it seems like he just doesn't do anything during the team fights. I suppose that's just the nature of Ashe (not as flashy as others), but something needs to change.

Also, as much as I like Dyrus, I miss TRM being on the team. He was a dang good top laner, maybe even better than Dyrus.

And of course, Regi yelling at everyone constantly doesn't help matters much.

League of Legends ID: Cloogr

3DS / Pokemon XY: 0774-5590-9276
  • Gnome-InterruptusGnome-Interruptus Registered User regular
    Kay wrote: »
    Yup. Sivir is ranged by Cait, but you can step on cupcakes with spellshield for free mana, and ignore her Piltover harass with the same. If you get pushed to your tower, you can clear the wave with Boomerang + Ricochet without losing too many creeps to the tower, too.
    Tristana works, since at late game she has the same range as Cait and a steroid, and in the earlier/mid game, she can chase Cait with Rocket Jump and her harass from Explosive shot active wont push the lane like Caits peacemaker. Trist can jump behind Cait, R her backwards, then hit her steroid and explosive shot heal reduction and take Cait down.

Another option is Graves, since his Q is instant and doesnt get reduced damage for going through minions, again has a sterioid where Cait doesnt, and his smoke cloud will negate Caits range advantage. His R will also give him more burst.

steam_sig.png
    MWO: Adamski
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    chaox has bad positioning and makes some very misguided decisions, xpecial gets caught a lot

What in the world has happened to Chaox here lately? He used to be the destroyer of worlds. I considered him to be the best AD carry in the game and I used to watch his stream a lot to get tips. Now though, it's like he's not even the same person.

One frustrating thing for me is how he's been playing Ashe so much here lately, and it just seems like the character doesn't fit him at all. I've seen him launch some horrible Arrows to initiate team fights and then it seems like he just doesn't do anything during the team fights. I suppose that's just the nature of Ashe (not as flashy as others), but something needs to change.

Also, as much as I like Dyrus, I miss TRM being on the team. He was a dang good top laner, maybe even better than Dyrus.

And of course, Regi yelling at everyone constantly doesn't help matters much.

I want TRM to get on another team and then I want that team to go up against TSM and kick their asses. But I like Dyrus so he and TRM would have to go even in lane and then TRM would have to stomp Regi every time he got a chance... yes.... this would bring me joy.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I don't see how Trist ever beats Cait in laning. Cait will have shot you twice before you've even waddled into range unless you blow rocket jump straight away, and you will take a headshot every time it's up because Cait knows she can AA you so easily with no reprisal so you're hp situation is never going to be great. If you do successfully harrass or kill her it must really be down to the support/jungler in which case any AD carry should do as well. I'm pretty sure rocket jumps range won't even get you behind Cait from the range she'll be shooting you at, and if you keep walking forward into her it's a simple matter of netting herself backward to avoid it.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • spacebearspacebear Registered User regular
    Been constantly losing normals lately - think I need to start a 3's team or do ARAMs ;x

• Future BluesFuture Blues Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Qon6H.jpg

I feel like Rumble would be a nightmare matchup for Nasus. Also, boots of mobility Nasus :?

I'm really kind of curious what was going on with the other team in this game. Their Nasus missed 2 or 3 waves of creeps in the beginning doing who knows what and once he got back to the lane he tried to harass me with his AoE since he couldn't really go in to get his Qs. Eventually he disappeared again around the ten minute mark for a few minutes and came back later on with red buff, so I assume he was doing a little jungling on the side. The weirdest thing was that even though I killed him the first time he tried it, he continued to go all in against me at various points despite the fact that I had more gear and more health in some cases. I started roaming before their tower went down and that was just GG.

I've been playing a lot in the middle of the night recently and I think all the losing streaks I have when I do that have finally tanked my normal ELO to a point where people build mobility boots on Nasus.

Future Blues on
    Xbox Live: No Reply
    Steam: Jacobontap
    LoL: FutureBlues
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I don't see how Trist ever beats Cait in laning. Cait will have shot you twice before you've even waddled into range unless you blow rocket jump straight away, and you will take a headshot every time it's up because Cait knows she can AA you so easily with no reprisal so you're hp situation is never going to be great. If you do successfully harrass or kill her it must really be down to the support/jungler in which case any AD carry should do as well. I'm pretty sure rocket jumps range won't even get you behind Cait from the range she'll be shooting you at, and if you keep walking forward into her it's a simple matter of netting herself backward to avoid it.

This sort of thing is why support+ad bot is the meta.
    Your ali/sona/janna/whoever should be keeping cait busy trying to maneuver, avoid harass, harass support, and last hitting, so that trist takes far less. It's never a one on one lane, so as long as the support's doing its job, that kind of advantage can't be fully capitalized on.

Yeah but...what's Cait's support doing? The same thing to you. And if you assume the supports do equally well, I'd bet on Cait out harrassing Trist quite comfortably.

I don't know, I seem to be alone in thinking Trist's early game is shit (unless you actually build AP). Her range is pathetic, she's slow, low mana/high costs and even if you subject yourself to 2-3 AA's to get an E off you've still come out worse. I usually just keep my head down and farm until at least level 6 unless I've got a rampaging Alistar or something to partner with. I'd love to do better early on but I've never had any real success against an equally skilled opponent.

sig.gif
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    Yeah but...what's Cait's support doing? The same thing to you. And if you assume the supports do equally well, I'd bet on Cait out harrassing Trist quite comfortably.

I don't know, I seem to be alone in thinking Trist's early game is shit (unless you actually build AP). Her range is pathetic, she's slow, low mana/high costs and even if you subject yourself to 2-3 AA's to get an E off you've still come out worse. I usually just keep my head down and farm until at least level 6 unless I've got a rampaging Alistar or something to partner with. I'd love to do better early on but I've never had any real success against an equally skilled opponent.

Even if the supports cancel each other out they both provide interference, through which an advantage like superior range cannot be fully capitalized on. The only way that advantage could be used to the fullest potential is if both your ad and support took commanding control over the lane. In that case, if either of the enemy comes into range, then the more powerful team would harass them out of lane immediately.

Most of the time, though that doesn't happen. Even if one team is winning the lane, there is usually still some competition for it.

I mean, you're right, trist has a bad early game and there's no getting around that. Just, bot lane dynamics are almost never, if ever, so defined, due to the fact that bot is the duo lane. In the case of tristana, your support's primary function is to mitigate as much of that early game disadvantage as possible.

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    evilthecat wrote: »
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    Spectrum wrote: »
    Sampsen wrote: »
    I had the opportunity to run top lane Olaf vs Lee Sin.

He really, really does not like Reckless Swing. When you reduce a Lee to last hitting with Q for fear of multiple axes to the face, I figure that's a job well done.

I got beaten by a Lee Sin the other day (random normal PA v PA actually), but only because I was running ghost/TP and he was running heal/ignite. I misjudged the fight and lost. However, my TP definitely got us two dragons, so I feel it was worth it. Having TP when you are losing your lane can be a huge blessing as well, cause you can roam and gank, then TP back when the lane pushes.

Edit - and I beat a Rumble in lane last night. A 1640 player that mains Rumble, damn that felt good. I was able to chunk him a few times with Q, then once or twice he got too close while using his flamethrower and got Reckless Swings to the face.
    He was Exh/Ignite, I was Ghost/TP. I went for it at 4, killed him, leveled up to 5, immediately trained my first point in W, then popped that and used the lifesteal to survive the ignite and minion damage with 15HP.

He did get me later surviving an Undertow with 10HP at his tower while me running away died to minions.

Frosteey later came up and bush ganked to hilarious effect with Lulu. I baited him into going for me near his tower, so he Safeguarded past and Kicked me into the tower, all of a sudden Lulu ult heals me back up and dead Lee.

If we ran more aggressive summoners, they wouldnt even stand a chance. Maybe I'll try ghost/ignite Olaf for hilarity tomorrow.
    i need to pick up olaf again ugh

gotta play him lots before they nerf the crap out of him

I really hope they don't. He is just so much fun these days, and even if you lose your lane, you can easily farm yourself back into the game. Pretty much nothing stops you from getting to late-game Olaf.

olaf loses lane?

Ryze >>>> olaf.
    Just gotta know your counters, brah!

touché

he is such a common ban though! who else could beat him... maybe teemo? nid?

well his trading ability is all about his w&e, the hero you throw at him
    a) cannot be hit
    or
    b) needs more sustain than olaf
    or
    c) has a gimmick

I don't "main" the top lane though so I couldn't advise on which top regulars you could throw at him. From a mid's perspective, I'd feel ok with the following champs up top vs. olaf: akali (gimmicky but I think if played offensively should cause olaf to back off early), soraka (easy farm, easy harass, silence to stop olaf "e"-ing you), Yorick (can't pimpslap all my ghouls, yo!).
    I've had issues in the past with Olaf against Garen. Decisive Strike out priorities my shit and lets him get a little too much free damage off during the silence.
    I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do as Vayne in team fights against a team that has Noct, Irelia, and Fizz.

you need 2 things

a quicksilver sash

and a guardian angel

defensive build, bloodthirster + pd as well

those 4 items would be core

save condemn to knock irelia away after her dash, hang back and keep separate from the team as much as possible to make fizz fishing you a waste (if he fishes you only hes wasting his time), shoot targets of opportunity rather than going in assassin style, save your roll defensively for your ult, etc etc

thats not a particularly brutal team, and if they were all diving you the guardian angel is especially handy because it lets you waste their time while your team can kill the guys diving into them
    Yeah, I didn't have that, just didn't think ahead enough to see how bad their diving was. Zerkers, BC, BT, Zeal was all I managed to get that game. Noct was super tanky, can't knock him away because of spell shield, no safe place from him due to ult. Noct fear would keep me in range of whoever else I condemned as well, so I almost always had both on me still. Rest of my team was Pants, Kass, Ali, J4, rest of their team was Ashe, Taric. I think my team was going after Fizz/their squishies but not getting them nearly as fast. (Also that Kass had one of the worst builds I've seen in awhile...started double Catalyst)

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Fuck yeah!

Apparently there's been a bug with Teemo's E that has been reducing his damage massively, and it's supposed to be fixed in this upcoming patch.

everything shall be shroomed

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    And yet I still rock with AP Teemo. Soon I will be more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

sig.gif
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    And yet I still rock with AP Teemo. Soon I will be more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

This is because when he gets sufficient attack speed the dot gets clipped to the point where its doing a fraction of its normal damage. AP teemo might not have enough AS to proc the bug.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • ArkadyArkady Registered User regular

Nobody rocks with ap teemo you aren't fooling anyone.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Spectrum wrote:
    I literally have no idea what I'm supposed to do as Vayne in team fights against a team that has Noct, Irelia, and Fizz.

you need 2 things

a quicksilver sash

and a guardian angel

defensive build, bloodthirster + pd as well

those 4 items would be core

save condemn to knock irelia away after her dash, hang back and keep separate from the team as much as possible to make fizz fishing you a waste (if he fishes you only hes wasting his time), shoot targets of opportunity rather than going in assassin style, save your roll defensively for your ult, etc etc

thats not a particularly brutal team, and if they were all diving you the guardian angel is especially handy because it lets you waste their time while your team can kill the guys diving into them
    Yeah, I didn't have that, just didn't think ahead enough to see how bad their diving was. Zerkers, BC, BT, Zeal was all I managed to get that game. Noct was super tanky, can't knock him away because of spell shield, no safe place from him due to ult. Noct fear would keep me in range of whoever else I condemned as well, so I almost always had both on me still. Rest of my team was Pants, Kass, Ali, J4, rest of their team was Ashe, Taric. I think my team was going after Fizz/their squishies but not getting them nearly as fast. (Also that Kass had one of the worst builds I've seen in awhile...started double Catalyst)

stuff like that is exactly why i don't like black cleaver on vayne

you're mostly going to be hitting high-armor targets, and may be increasingly forced to switch targets as you're pressured and zoned away from a fight, meaning you won't get your stacks up enough to benefit from it

LW is also cheaper

interrobang on
  • Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    By the First Law of Teemo his strength is directly related to how much he is on the other team.

This applies to Yi and Tryn as well.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    AP Teemo is legit

Too legit to quit

sig.gif
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular
    I've had issues in the past with Olaf against Garen. Decisive Strike out priorities my shit and lets him get a little too much free damage off during the silence.

Really? I've had nothing but fantastic games against Garen. Your E should outrange his Decisive Strike, and you can get in an axe as he is coming towards you. If you can pop your W before you use E, you just sit there as he spins and put out a lot of damage. Q and E are usually up by the time his spin is as well.

That's what I've done the 2 or 3 times I've gone against a Garen, but they could have just been playing the matchup poorly.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Wouldn't you get diminishing returns with AS/On-Hit Teemo's poison even if it worked properly? It has a 4 second duration and hitting again just restarts the clock, it doesn't stack. Wouldn't AP Teemo be hitting more than once every 4 seconds anyway? I get the feeling I'm missing something. Sure you get all those zany On-Hit effects but Teemo doesn't seem like an ideal On-Hit champ.

Cucco Leader on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    so do we have people to front a pax lol team. there are only 160 spot so I don't know if it's even worth the effort

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Wouldn't you get diminishing returns with AS/On-Hit Teemo's poison even if it worked properly? It has a 4 second duration and hitting again just restarts the clock, it doesn't stack. Wouldn't AP Teemo be hitting more than once every 4 seconds anyway? I get the feeling I'm missing something. Sure you get all those zany On-Hit effects but Teemo doesn't seem like an ideal On-Hit champ.
    the first tick of poison does more damage than the other ones

• BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    I didn't think the ticks were any different.

I thought it was that he gets bonus magic damage on the attack itself, which synergises nicely with Malady and AS.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Bethryn wrote: »
    I didn't think the ticks were any different.

I thought it was that he gets bonus magic damage on the attack itself, which synergises nicely with Malady and AS.

yeah...that's exactly what i said... the first tick of poison damage is more than the others

unintentional on
  • KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    SO, garen is still spinning his sword even if he's polymorphed.

• Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Jars wrote: »
    so do we have people to front a pax lol team. there are only 160 spot so I don't know if it's even worth the effort

Grundlestiltskin and I are trying to organize a team. Delphi and Romantic Undead expressed interest, but not sure if they can commit. What I am saying is that I am down for team PA yordle to take the tourney.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    Kruite wrote: »
    SO, garen is still spinning his sword even if he's polymorphed.

Working as intended, apparently. Any sort of aura-ish ability that's already going when you get polymorphed will continue.

persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    Jars wrote: »

Grundlestiltskin and I are trying to organize a team. Delphi and Romantic Undead expressed interest, but not sure if they can commit. What I am saying is that I am down for team PA yordle to take the tourney.

I can only play ad kennen yordle wise(well I like playing rumble but the results are not good). the tournament is on saturday which I have a pass for, and sign ups are split between friday and saturday

The number of people I'm getting AFK in Dominion games is ridiculous.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    is anyone else watching RaidCall Cup?

CLG.eu just came back from being down 14 kills and having 3 separate DCs over the course of the game (including their support spilling soda on his keyboard) to win 20-19 against MYM

• FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Link to stream?

Frozenzen wrote: »
    Link to stream?

i'm watching wickd, because the raidcall casters are abominable

http://clgaming.net/live/95-clg-wickd

they're about to play fnatic

welcome to the continuing saga of I random champions and play them as support

clipboard01asdc.jpg

Frozenzen wrote: »
    Link to stream?

i'm watching wickd, because the raidcall casters are abominable

http://clgaming.net/live/95-clg-wickd

they're about to play fnatic

Aniva top, interesting.

steam_sig.png
    They had Renekton top for the first 16 minutes or so, but as laning started to die down anivia went top for a bit.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    They had Renekton top for the first 16 minutes or so, but as laning started to die down anivia went top for a bit.

Ahhh thanks I joined the stream late. Urgot and Warwick beatdown. Interesting to see how brutal urgot was that far into the game.

steam_sig.png
    Disregard @Skippydumptruck

Acquire wins.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    I hope Renekton gets popular so we start seeing Garen counterpicks.

League of Legends: Studio
This discussion has been closed.