As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] Cookie Brigade EAST 2012 - Bake Cookies, help Child's Play!

• Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    where can we drop off our cookies? I heard that there might be a drop off at the Westin? will this be on the thursday?

• punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    If you're on the cookie brigade website, there's a thread in the distribution section with all the info you need for drop-offs.

HI3789R.png
  • ransimransim Registered User regular
    Hopefully I will have an email out to people who completed the survey by the end of this week with important information as well.

• ishtraishtra Long IslandRegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    Hopefully I will have an email out to people who completed the survey by the end of this week with important information as well.

Love it :)
    I have 3 batches of dough in the freezer. Making 2 more tonight, then baking all day tomorrow :P Then frosting next week b/c my flavoring arrived today ::squees::

Attendee: PAX East 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2018, Unplugged 2017
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Asked my fraternity for support at our meeting tonight. I will probably make a couple hundred cookies whether I get some friends/kind folks to help me out with buying dough and stuff- but it'd be nice to have my brothers show their support of my nerdiness :P

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
    Trading cards received! We'll make sure distributors have these to give out, should be helpful especially with people who have no idea what the brigade is.
    7024603323_9ccbfacb02.jpg

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    Trading cards received! We'll make sure distributors have these to give out, should be helpful especially with people who have no idea what the brigade is.
    7024603323_9ccbfacb02.jpg

YESSSSS! Thank you SO MUCH! As you said, it helps with credibility! Some people have no idea what the CB is all about.

Ln5yLL7.png
    Love the cards!

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    New Brigade Site Apps have been reviewed - if you've been waiting for a response, please check your PA inbox. Will the following applicants please contact me through this forum so we can get your application moving:

liyana
    Britality

Thanks!

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
    The information email has gone out to everyone who filled out the survey. If you did not fill out the survey or did not receive the email please PM me here on the PA forums with your email and I will send you a copy.

@RedSkul, @liyana, @Britality: Please PM me regarding your brigade applications. Thanks!

Bagged up the candy today, 230+ bags and 40ish bags of the root beer special edition flavor.

Also convinced robziel to make his awesome chocolate chip cookie bars, so we have 70 of those to bring as well.

Saturday before PAX = long work day for brigadier bakers. Ransim, you're gonna get the entire convention going on a sugar high!

We got 200 combustible lemons done - they're a sandwich cookie this year, and I did NOT skimp on the cayenne. Gets ya right in the back of the throat. Also 200 Star Wars sugar cookies, and about 2 dozen Weighted Companion Cookies with the Portal cookie cutter set from ThinkGeek.

JobiWanKenobi made chocolates all day: 2 dozen Crunchy Frogs, 16 peanut butter filled chocolate brains, Half a dozen coconut candy sparkle pops, 1 full chocolate chess set, and 9 or 10 dozen chocolate Han Solo in Carbonite (with nuts, of course).

How cute are these!? These cookie cutters rock.
    Weighted_Companion_Cubes.JPG

edited April 2012
    Okay, I just have to post this because it's hilarious. One of JobiWan's Crunchy Frogs:
    IMG_0144.JPG
    "Don't eat me, bro!"

LexiconGrrl on
    Saturday before PAX = long work day for brigadier bakers.

So true @_@ baked 3.5 batches today and mixed the final 2 to meet my goal.

Those cookies and the frogs look great though! I am definitely going to have to track people down for all these gems ... Would love to get the final cookie compilation list in hand before heading over :)

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Saturday before PAX = long work day for brigadier bakers. Ransim, you're gonna get the entire convention going on a sugar high!

We got 200 combustible lemons done - they're a sandwich cookie this year, and I did NOT skimp on the cayenne. Gets ya right in the back of the throat. Also 200 Star Wars sugar cookies, and about 2 dozen Weighted Companion Cookies with the Portal cookie cutter set from ThinkGeek.

JobiWanKenobi made chocolates all day: 2 dozen Crunchy Frogs, 16 peanut butter filled chocolate brains, Half a dozen coconut candy sparkle pops, 1 full chocolate chess set, and 9 or 10 dozen chocolate Han Solo in Carbonite (with nuts, of course).

How cute are these!? These cookie cutters rock.
    Weighted_Companion_Cubes.JPG

Amazing. I'll be doing all my baking Wednesday and Thursday. :) Not making anything nearly as cool as this, though!

Ln5yLL7.png
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ok just made about 12 dozen or so cookies i am absolutely bringing 6 just for the cookie brigade and if i make more / family doesn't eat them all i may bring another 6 dozen, but for now the other half is for other meet ups and friends

also they are ginger snaps and i'll half done putting them all in mini zip lock bags

edit at first i was going to back out due to an old back injury but said #$@ it and made em any ways

edit edit, all packed, main bag is labeled and ready to go hopefully more to make

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
    also is there any way i can get a sampler pack of every thing every one made lol

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Dear CookieBrigade, you're getting at least 10 dollar from me.

What can I expect in our trade for money and baked goods?

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    also is there any way i can get a sampler pack of every thing every one made lol

would be so delicious!

• LethinatorLethinator Registered User regular
    Tomorrow is the Day of Baking Reckoning for me. I'm making two oft-requested faves, Rice Krispy Treats, and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (No nuts for the nut-haters). Also! Lemon Zest Madeleines sprinkled with powdered sugar for those of you who are pretentious, french, fancy, or all of the above and want something to dip in your coffee. All of these things will be gluten-free, vegan, and delicious.
    You will have to run around collecting them... like pokemon.

Lethinator wrote: »
    Lemon Zest Madeleines

OMG yes! I have never used my pan but Love these.

I frosted about a third to nearly half of the cookies so far. Tomorrow (erm today) will be frosting and last baking for the few extras I still need. can't wait

edited April 2012

@sillyzombie666 You should play Cookie Brigade Bingo.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/157564/pax-cookie-brigade-bingo#Item_47

LexiconGrrl on
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    I have VERY sad news. After attempting to get some friends/family to donate, purchasing dough and other necessary components, putting about 50 cookies in the oven on 3 different pans, and waiting around for the timer to tick....... I witnessed the tragic grease-fire-esque-something-was-wrong-oven-got-super-hot-and-died death of my oven. That was a few days ago, and I still can't cook anything because the oven ignores the temperature dial and goes straight to the hottest it can get. So my cookie contribution has been lost in the crunchy-burnt-smokey massacre of 2012.
    Raise a cookie in remembrance of my recently deceased oven! His life was filled with pizza and cookies, and he died with a maw filled with cookies, the way all ovens should go.

;)

I will still be distributing and such- can't wait to meet you all!!!!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • aerynkellyaerynkelly nothing to see here, move along Registered User regular

The Cookie Brigade does not sell or trade the cookies. We run around giving cookies out free, and at the same time if you wish to make a donation to Child's Play, we will gladly collect that.

fss_overall.png
    aerynkelly wrote: »

The Cookie Brigade does not sell or trade the cookies. We run around giving cookies out free, and at the same time if you wish to make a donation to Child's Play, we will gladly collect that.

That said we'll have a crazy awesome selection of goodies to give away, as witnessed by many of the pictures in this thread.

I've been posting picture on the Cookie Brigade G+ page as well.

• PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Ah, well then you'll be getting a ten dollar donation from me at the very least.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    edited April 2012
    Last baking day/night before leaving for Boston Tomorrow! We've added 8 dozen rice krispie treats, 8 dozen rice krispie treats of Infinite Improbability (meaning they're smothered in chocolate and... stuff.), 1 dozen Unicorn Poop Cookies, 2dozen Skyrim Honey-Nut treats, 2 dozen GF PeanutButterChocolateChipBacon cookies, and...

2 dozen specially baked geeky cookies for @renetty, who won the Solid Saints auction. And because she's awesome.

...(how the hell am I going to pack all this!?)

LexiconGrrl on
  • VThornheartVThornheart Registered User regular
    Oh no, I'm sorry MASeffect! =( =( You tried though, and that is awesome! No worries, we'll have a fun time at PAX: and if you're interested, you're welcome to join me on the front lines Distributing! Believe me, it's a lot of fun! =)

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8938-9095
    Lethinator wrote: »
    Tomorrow is the Day of Baking Reckoning for me. I'm making two oft-requested faves, Rice Krispy Treats, and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (No nuts for the nut-haters). Also! Lemon Zest Madeleines sprinkled with powdered sugar for those of you who are pretentious, french, fancy, or all of the above and want something to dip in your coffee. All of these things will be gluten-free, vegan, and delicious.
    You will have to run around collecting them... like pokemon.

you sure i just cant get one of each when i drop my pile off

@sillyzombie666 You should play Cookie Brigade Bingo.
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/157564/pax-cookie-brigade-bingo#Item_47

i would be broke, yes i know cookies are free but i cant stiff a charity ..... ok i can but not this one

Last baking day/night before leaving for Boston Tomorrow! We've added 8 dozen rice krispie treats, 8 dozen rice krispie treats of Infinite Improbability (meaning they're smothered in chocolate and... stuff.), 1 dozen Unicorn Poop Cookies, 2dozen Skyrim Honey-Nut treats, 2 dozen GF PeanutButterChocolateChipBacon cookies, and...

2 dozen specially baked geeky cookies for @renetty, who won the Solid Saints auction. And because she's awesome.

...(how the hell am I going to pack all this!?)

I'm very glad we're doing the train because we're going to have a suitcase just for brigade supply with us this year between the cookies and the candy.

Should be fun maneuvering with that and my huge laptop bag on DC Metro and in Union Station.

So I managed to make a couple batches of gummy space invader candy. I'm going to be bagging them shortly, but like the Root Beer candies they will be very rare drops that you'll need to come fight me specifically for. So if you want root beer hard candy or gummy space invaders keep an eye on my twitter @ransim. There are about 50 bags of root beer candy but I imagine there won't be many bags of the gummy candy I wasn't able to make a whole lot.

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    Hi, I just registered on the Cookie Brigade site. I'm making matzoh brittle for a family dinner that I'm skipping, so I figured I could easily quadruple the batch and make some for Child's Play. For those who have not had the pleasure of having sampled matzoh brittle, it's matzoh topped with homemade caramel (butter + brown sugar + vanilla) and chocolate. Now I just need to think of a good name for them...

• crimsong19crimsong19 New YorkRegistered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    Hi, I just registered on the Cookie Brigade site. I'm making matzoh brittle for a family dinner that I'm skipping, so I figured I could easily quadruple the batch and make some for Child's Play. For those who have not had the pleasure of having sampled matzoh brittle, it's matzoh topped with homemade caramel (butter + brown sugar + vanilla) and chocolate. Now I just need to think of a good name for them...

That's pretty much chocolate covered matzoh. And I've got a recipe that's pretty similar.

PAX East status: Hotel [X] Three-day passes [] Two one-day passes [X] Cookie recipes [X] Transportation [X]
  • purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    I am finishing off between 4 and 5 dozen plain old chocolate chip cookies. I am planning on making another 4-5 dozen Cadbury Mini Egg cookies tomorrow. Hopefully will have time for a batch of fudge and one other candy, plus whatever my wife makes.

I would like to nominate MASeffect's oven for a medal of honor, since it died in service to the brigade. Maybe we could wear black arm bands or something...

• woolykittenwoolykitten Registered User regular
    Hello! I am new to the cookie brigade and to forums. I'm having a hard time navigating the forums to find out the when and where to drop off my cookies. I have 15 dozen cookies and want to hand them over asap! Can someone more savvy than I point me EXACTLY where I need to go to find out this info? Am crunched for time to get ready, and don't have the time to spend hunting for the info. Thx so much!

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    crimsong19 wrote: »
    rascal wrote: »

That's pretty much chocolate covered matzoh. And I've got a recipe that's pretty similar.

"chocolate covered matzoh" is too prosaic a name for such deliciousness. I'm thinking "Minecraft Chocolate Texture Pack".

Are you baking the same thing? That would be great, as my family has already chowed through their allotted portion and are now greedily eyeing the brittle that I've set aside.

• tehnakkitehnakki Registered User regular
    Hello! I am new to the cookie brigade and to forums. I'm having a hard time navigating the forums to find out the when and where to drop off my cookies. I have 15 dozen cookies and want to hand them over asap! Can someone more savvy than I point me EXACTLY where I need to go to find out this info? Am crunched for time to get ready, and don't have the time to spend hunting for the info. Thx so much!

http://www.cookie-brigade.com/groups/pax-east-2012/forum/topic/official-meeting-times-and-locations/

Hufflepuff for lief, muthafuckers!

the 'teh' is silent: eljay ~ * ~ twitter ~ * ~ ravelry ~ * ~ last.fm
  • Cultural Geek GirlCultural Geek Girl Registered User regular
    I'm already registered on the site, and posted there. I'm back to distribute again this year.

Buttoneer, Brigadeer, and Keeper of the Book of Wil Wheaton.
    Triwizard Drinking Tournament - '09 !Hufflepuff unofficial conscript, '10 !Gryffindor
    Nerd blog at culturalgeekgirl.com