As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[East] 1st Annual PAX Cigar Smoker: The Cult of the Leaf - Friday night at 2 AM!

1235»

• zertechzertech Registered User regular
    im gonna be there.
    and im gonna love it

• UnlnvlslblEUnlnvlslblE Registered User regular
    Sounds like fun. I'll bring a few extra to share!

• KainEnableKainEnable Registered User regular
    Ahh, once or twice a year i indulge. I will be there. As a good Canadian I will leave my cubans at home.

• a fraking toastera fraking toaster W1TRK Registered User regular
    same here kain,i only indulge about once or twice a year,depending on how many worthy occasions i have that year.

• kaine23kaine23 NJRegistered User regular
    Anyone staying at The Colonnade too and would want to chill?

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    I'm probably occupied until 3AM, but then I'll come join in the fun! I may send someone else earlier with goodies - some cigars to share and the spare humidors that I promised. Hopefully some of you will smoke some longer cigars and still be there after 3! :D

Welcome home, indeed!

adastra wrote: »
    I'm probably occupied until 3AM, but then I'll come join in the fun! I may send someone else earlier with goodies - some cigars to share and the spare humidors that I promised. Hopefully some of you will smoke some longer cigars and still be there after 3! :D

Welcome home, indeed!
    Sadly for me I'll try to stay for awhile, stuck depending on the shuttle schedules back to my hotel too. lol

kaine23 wrote: »

Welcome home, indeed!
    Sadly for me I'll try to stay for awhile, stuck depending on the shuttle schedules back to my hotel too. lol

ya same here,my shuttle to the hotel stops at 1am so im hoping ill have money for a taxi to go back to the hotel.

ya same here,my shuttle to the hotel stops at 1am so im hoping ill have money for a taxi to go back to the hotel.
    Which one for you?

edited April 2012
    im staying at the wyndham hotel in chelsea mass,right on the boarder of boston and chelsea

a fraking toaster on
    cnt wait till tonight! may leave early due to shuttles but i'll try to say hi.

ya i and 2 other might not make it cuz if transportation issues.does any1 else have this problem?

• CyberGoldFishCyberGoldFish Registered User regular
    Is this still happening?

Stuck outside pax cuz my buddy forgot his pass at the hotel.now we gotta sit around for 90 min till the gathering..any1 wana chill with us haha

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    This was amazingly fun guys, thanks for coming!

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • The AfromanThe Afroman Registered User regular
    Well sonuvabitch.. for some reason i really thought this was Saturday night. *grrrrr* Anyone still around want to still smoke one?

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
    Google+//http://gplus.to/TheAfroman
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    I'll be around Saturday night to shoot the shit and smoke. Just for you 'froman.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
    Awesome. When and where.. Just hit me up. Email me at theafroman @ gmail

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
    my buddy shawn and grant will be under the sign around 2 tonight if any1s gana be there.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    Wish I'd have made it, but the PokeCrawl and being up early for BYOC load-in just took too much out of me. I was sound asleep at 2AM Friday night . . . hope you all smoked some for me!

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

Kiashien wrote: »
    This was amazingly fun guys, thanks for coming!

So just to expand on this, now that I'm not just dropping a note from my cell...

We had a turn out of around 18-22 people for the initial circle, and some left and came as time went on. A few [E] sent along some goods they didn't need (humidors and a ton of whiskey soaked cigars) and it was overall a sweet time just hanging out talking games, smoking some good cigars, and watching the cab lines fade.

This WILL be a yearly event- it won't always be Friday, but it's going to happen. Bring your spare cigars, hell bring what you don't like- someone will. I know I gave away one cigar I didn't like- but that's the fun of it. Someone else will :)

Anyway, if Koalabro2 doesn't get this up and posted next year, I'll do my best to get it there, but regardless, this shall happen :P

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Absolutely, I think it succeeded quite well, and I'll definitely plan to get it organized for next year. How was the turn-out for Saturday night? Doing two nights is a bit much for me (I tweeted at the request of a couple folks who said they were coming back Saturday), but it does seem like we have enough people to declare that the event is going both nights.

Anyway, it was great to meet you all, and I look forward to doing this again next year!

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Thank you all for smoking my surplus St. Patrick's Day cigars and taking my unloved humidors home! I didn't make it off-shift until things had wound down a bit, but I was glad to come out meet you guys. Besides the fact that Boston is cold at night, I really liked the location - it was visible but out-of-the-way. I also heard other people chatting about it, specifically some folks who said they'd "been invited to a secret cigar thing."

I sort of like the idea of having one main night, but setting that as the "official" spot each night to come chill and smoke cigars at the end of a long day. Hell, perhaps just the place to go smoke a cigar, anytime. ;)

Did the hookah ever succeed?

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I'm so in for this event next year. As it is I, having not even gone to the event this year, managed to receive one of the Irish whiskey soaked cigars. It was a nice end cap to the whole PAX weekend. So thanks for that Kiashien and Adastra.

• srboyceboatsrboyceboat Registered User regular
    Is it cool to have a tobacco pipe? I'm very sad I didn't know of this.

Picture is Dave Dorman's (http://www.davedorman.com/)
    I didn't get to go to the big circle on Friday (totally spaced out) but on Saturday i posted i wanted to smoke again, and lord and behold i went to smoke out front by the PAX East labeled car and was surrounded by at least 7 more cigar smokers. So Thanks Leaf Brothers for spending an hour smoking and chatting!

XBL//The Afroman
    PSN//The_Afroman
    Twitter//@theafroman
  • KainEnableKainEnable Registered User regular
    Thank you all for smoking my surplus St. Patrick's Day cigars and taking my unloved humidors home! I didn't make it off-shift until things had wound down a bit, but I was glad to come out meet you guys. Besides the fact that Boston is cold at night, I really liked the location - it was visible but out-of-the-way. I also heard other people chatting about it, specifically some folks who said they'd "been invited to a secret cigar thing."

I sort of like the idea of having one main night, but setting that as the "official" spot each night to come chill and smoke cigars at the end of a long day. Hell, perhaps just the place to go smoke a cigar, anytime. ;)

While I was there they were setting it up. I was out for about an hour then the cold got to me, so I never got to try it. The tobacco smelt like fruit.

Thanks for the free shtogies. It was allot of fun! I will come next year assuming we have another meetup.

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Is it cool to have a tobacco pipe? I'm very sad I didn't know of this.

Yes, pipes are allowed and encouraged.

The hookah did not succeed on Friday night. They said they were coming back Saturday night, but I was too tired and did not check on them.

edited April 2012

Thank you very much for that Adastra. I'd guess close to half of those got smoked Friday night, the rest ended up going with me that other people didn't want to take. I distributed a few to some others who couldn't make it (@lunatick and @Sleep) and we had a little side smoke later on Sunday. :)

Kiashien on

• ShiosShios Poopfeast420 Orlando, FLRegistered User regular
    Sad I missed this. Definitely next year fellas.

Missed the initial day due to cold and being tired, but found the impromt one on Saturday night and chilled with the guys and took pics of each other in the pax east car.

• JayDfromMAJayDfromMA MARegistered User regular
    I am glad everyone had a good time! I was at some parties on Friday and Sat and I was sad I missed this.