As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Where the beer flows like wine (Dumb and Dumber 2)

1235»

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-t9zV9_bYQ

Don't like the editing on that, so let's go with the American version.

I love janky old dystopian cyberpunk scifi.

blipverts!

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    ButtersButters A glass of some milks Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I think the only remake I've seen that I liked better than the original was Ocean's Eleven

That's because the original wasn't really very good to begin with and the remake was so chalked full of raw talent it'd be a monumental failure if it wasn't above average.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    AneurhythmiaAneurhythmia Registered User regular
    A good friend of mine is in Dumb and Dumberer. He's also in an episode of Dawson's Creek. I've seen neither, except for what I saw hanging out on the set of Dawson's Creek.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Butters wrote: »
    I think the only remake I've seen that I liked better than the original was Ocean's Eleven

That's because the original wasn't really very good to begin with and the remake was so chalked full of raw talent it'd be a monumental failure if it wasn't above average.

counterpoint, da vinci code

• Options
    Never saw it so I'm not sure what you're saying.

PSN: idontworkhere582 | CFN: idontworkhere | Steam: lordbutters | Amazon Wishlist
  • Options
    The source material wasn't good, and I guess the adaptation had a lot of talent in it, but it was also not good. Or maybe in spite of being no better than the book, it wasn't a monumental failure? I don't know how well it did financially.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular

And yet Oceans 12 was terrible...

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    I didn't say films with loads of talent couldn't still be monumental failures. I just said that's what Ocean's Eleven would have been.

• Options
    Uh, what about this post?
    famous people = good movie
    i like football

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
  • Options
    Look, Butters has many despicable faults but liking football is the least of his problems.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »

counterpoint, da vinci code

Lets be honest here nothing could make the Da Vinci code anything but fucking stupid. Even Tom Hanks.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    The Da Vinci Load had some good parts. Especially at the end of each scene.

• Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »

And yet Oceans 12 was terrible...

Ocean's 12 wasn't even an Ocean's movie to begin with. It was supposed to be a generic heist movie but the movie studio wanted to pump out another Ocean's movie so they cast all the guys.

Then Bernie Mac was in jail for the entire film.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    and then ocean's 13 was great

• Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    Man cinema has never been in a better place

I hate it when people poo all over it because it's 'not like it used to be!!'

Oh fuck off

Thanks to advancements in technology, movies have never looked better, collaborations have never been easier, ideas have never been easier to bring to fruition, and distribution is a snap

Anyone with any kind of idea can get their film out there now, to everyone, everywhere, as soon as they are able

So what if Harry Potter 8 made a hojillion dollars??? That's good! A dedicated team of creative people made something that people genuinely enjoyed. Good on them!

Also that has NOTHING to do with your original point

Thanks to all the digital distribution options these days I have seen SO MANY smaller, independent films

And that's kind of the point

'Back in the day' the only way to get your film into peoples ocular cavities was to have a traditional release in theatres, barring some sort of sweeping underground success story

Now they don't have to

There are more original movies been put out today than there were back in 'your day'

You are just picking and choosing where to look - and you are looking in the wrong place

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    dbrock270dbrock270 Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    What bad films did the Wachowski brothers do?

Matrix 2/3 and it wasn't like speed racer was technically a good movie.

Hah. Oh yeah. V for vendetta.

I liked the last two Matrix movies.

And I liked the Animatrix even though the stories to some of them were pants on head retarded.

• Options
    Tasteticle wrote: »
    Man cinema has never been in a better place

I hate it when people poo all over it because it's 'not like it used to be!!'

Oh fuck off

Thanks to advancements in technology, movies have never looked better, collaborations have never been easier, ideas have never been easier to bring to fruition, and distribution is a snap

Anyone with any kind of idea can get their film out there now, to everyone, everywhere, as soon as they are able

So what if Harry Potter 8 made a hojillion dollars??? That's good! A dedicated team of creative people made something that people genuinely enjoyed. Good on them!

Also that has NOTHING to do with your original point

Thanks to all the digital distribution options these days I have seen SO MANY smaller, independent films

And that's kind of the point

'Back in the day' the only way to get your film into peoples ocular cavities was to have a traditional release in theatres, barring some sort of sweeping underground success story

Now they don't have to

There are more original movies been put out today than there were back in 'your day'

You are just picking and choosing where to look - and you are looking in the wrong place

NZXRw.jpg

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    THEPAIN73THEPAIN73 Shiny. Real shiny.Registered User regular
    I desperately want to make love to a school boy.

Facebook | Amazon | Twitter | Youtube | PSN: ThePain73 | Steam: ThePain73
    3DS FC: 5343-7720-0490
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I still think this fight scene is the best in the trilogy, so Matrix 2 had that going for it at least

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qm7yR1bsKq8

• Options
    LarsLars Registered User regular
    Aside from the rave scene and Neo being nerfed (or rather, I guess everyone else was buffed to make Neo not as far ahead of them), I actually enjoyed Matrix 2. Any plot troubles I had I was willing to ignore on the grounds that it was probably setting things up for the finale. Unfortunately Matrix 3 was a disappointment beyond some action scenes.

I made the same mistake years later by giving Pirates of the Carribean 2 too much slack on the grounds that it was probably setting up for the finale. Though PotC2 was worse than Matrix 2.

• Options
    Really?
    I largely had no problem with Pirates 2 or 3, though 4 was pretty much a wash

• Options
    Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    My problem with Pirates 3 was when the voodoo witch turned into a giant goddess and shouted some shit and then turned into a crumbling pillar of crabs. And because they lowered her voice and her accent was so thick I have no idea what she said. It was just "BLURR MURR" and then crabs everywhere.

Like, who in the world thought this was a thing to do. There was no way for me to take this remotely seriously and I burst into laughter and then I realized with a shred of sadness that the movie would never be better than that time a secondary character Apache-Chief'd herself and turned into crabs.

That was its literal high point, it tarnished the finale.

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    dbrock270 wrote: »
    Blake T wrote: »
    What bad films did the Wachowski brothers do?

Matrix 2/3 and it wasn't like speed racer was technically a good movie.

Hah. Oh yeah. V for vendetta.

I liked the last two Matrix movies.

And I liked the Animatrix even though the stories to some of them were pants on head retarded.

Wait wait

You thought the matrix sequels were good, but that the animatrix was dumb?

You

Did you like Detective Story, at least?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    pirates 3 was so fucking bad

pirates 2 at least had cool fish men going for it

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Which Pirates had the giant whirlpool battle scene? The running on the giant hamster wheels shat me off, but the whirlpool scene really killed that movie for me.

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    pirates 3 had the whirlpool

• Options
    The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    i barely remember anything about pirates 2 and 3 other than utter bewilderment at the choices being made

who thought anything in those movies was a good idea

and which ideas were rejected

7656367.jpg
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I prefer the Pirates where Jesse Jane got deep dicked.

• Options
    My problem with Pirates 3 was when the voodoo witch turned into a giant goddess and shouted some shit and then turned into a crumbling pillar of crabs. And because they lowered her voice and her accent was so thick I have no idea what she said. It was just "BLURR MURR" and then crabs everywhere.

Like, who in the world thought this was a thing to do. There was no way for me to take this remotely seriously and I burst into laughter and then I realized with a shred of sadness that the movie would never be better than that time a secondary character Apache-Chief'd herself and turned into crabs.

That was its literal high point, it tarnished the finale.

Yeah, that was such a wtf ending. Also that they kept dragging out the pointless, boring and tepid romance between Will and Elizabeth. No, I don't really give any fucks at all about their relationship and ending with him only being able to spend one day every decade with her.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Apparently the writers later said that since Elizabeth remained faithful to him for 10 years, and he did his 10-year stint without losing his shit and going rogue like Jones did, Will has fulfilled his duty and gets to live out his life with Elizabeth

Of course, they only said this after Bloom decided not to come back for the fourth movie, so