Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
  • RaveRave Registered User regular
    Go Buccos! Will this be the year the streak ends? Probably not, but at least Fielder and Pujols can't beat up on our pitchers this year. That's a start....right?

• Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-organizational-rankings-5-philadelphia/

PHILLY NEVER SCARED

(except for the four teams above them(

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • y2jake215y2jake215 The No Flex ZoneRegistered User regular
    That means Boston is a top 4 organization. Not sure I agree, considering how low my expectations are this season

y7dKgGy.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    This year

Always check 2013+ outlook

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • minor incidentminor incident a crow, a scavenger type Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    That means Boston is a top 4 organization. Not sure I agree, considering how low my expectations are this season

Based on the strength of the lineup, top 4 is a given. Whether or not it all meshes with a new manager is another story, of course.

My sister needs some help. She just had to rush her cat to the emergency clinic because he was peeing blood. The little guy needs a $2500 surgery to survive, and she has no money left after paying for major car repairs last week. If you would consider sharing this on your twitter/facebook/whatever, that would be greatly appreciated. If you have a few dollars to pitch in and help her, that would be even more amazing of you. http://www.gofundme.com/clq06k
    I would if Boston was up yet haha. I'm just not positive they're even top 4 this year. Not sure we make the playoffs. Though I guess we could be the fourth best team in the league and still miss the playoffs

y7dKgGy.jpg

Based on the strength of the lineup, top 4 is a given. Whether or not it all meshes with a new manager is another story, of course.

Half the lineup today is Sweeney, Ross, Saltalamacchia and Mike Aviles. A question mark in Youkilis and a smaller question mark in Ortiz. Ugh I hope we at least don't start off 1-10 again

y7dKgGy.jpg
    Lots of runs so far

y7dKgGy.jpg
  • GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    And the Cubs season is underway!

And the Cubs have already given up a hit!

I have a blog. Read it. Blog-reading makes you pretty and popular.
  • APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

Half the lineup today is Sweeney, Ross, Saltalamacchia and Mike Aviles. A question mark in Youkilis and a smaller question mark in Ortiz. Ugh I hope we at least don't start off 1-10 again

Yeah I'm not all that confident in the Sox this year, either. I hope I'm wrong though. Pray I am.

I miss Theo already

Baseball Arcade - A Blog of Baseball Musings and Analysis and a Companion to the MLB Thread

steam_sig.png
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Go M's!

:) True NW guy here!

steam_sig.png
  • southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    As a Rangers fan, how am I supposed to watch baseball this year?

Really easily?

Mr. Perfect Jose Valverde blows his first save of season after going 49-49 last year. Sweeney repents for giving up an 8th inning triple by hitting a 9th inning triple

y7dKgGy.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He was absurdly lucky last year. Like 30 of those saves featured the tying run in scoring position.

Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")
    Loose: about to slip, to release (Ex: "That knot is loose." "Loose arrows.")
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Jack Hannahan with his THIRD opening day homerun. These account for fully 1/8th of his career homeruns!

camo_sig2.png
    edited April 2012
    He was absurdly lucky last year. Like 30 of those saves featured the tying run in scoring position.

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate. I was waiting for the fall after the ASB last year, but he just beat the odds and keep that up for a full season

y2jake215 on
    y7dKgGy.jpg

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate

The weirdest stat of all-time might be the disparity in his performance in save situations and non-save situations. His ERA was like 4.00 higher, his WHIP was .50 higher and I got very confused.

Lose: to suffer defeat, to misplace (Ex: "I hope I don't lose the match." "Did you lose your phone again?")

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate

The weirdest stat of all-time might be the disparity in his performance in save situations and non-save situations. His ERA was like 4.00 higher, his WHIP was .50 higher and I got very confused.

It's just odd how that can happen. Like when someone will hit .150 with RISP, but .340 with bases empty. Or when Dice-K manages to go basically a whole season without allowing a bases-loaded hit

y7dKgGy.jpg
    First crushing loss of the season! That didn't take long

y7dKgGy.jpg
    And now Valverde is 1-0.

First crushing loss of the season! That didn't take long

It's all about setting expectations early.

My sister needs some help. She just had to rush her cat to the emergency clinic because he was peeing blood. The little guy needs a $2500 surgery to survive, and she has no money left after paying for major car repairs last week. If you would consider sharing this on your twitter/facebook/whatever, that would be greatly appreciated. If you have a few dollars to pitch in and help her, that would be even more amazing of you. http://www.gofundme.com/clq06k
  • OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Chris Perez needs a diet, a haircut, and an extended spring training.

camo_sig2.png
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Pena! Moar 5 RBI nights!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    LOL\Smite:Gremlidin
    Wildstar: Kuvl (Stormtalon Exile)
    This Rays/Yanks game was highly entertaining.

And Mariano Rivera (one of the few relievers left alive/unimprisoned in the league) is now sporting a killer 54.00 ERA.

• VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    glad I spent my afternoon on that

FUCK

BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
  • MazzyxMazzyx A Restoration through Revolution. Registered User regular
    Just hearing about that blown save made me grin. I was too busy watching the Cardinals beat up the poor Brew crew. Now its Rockies time. Already left two men in scoring position. *sigh*

meijisig.png
  • LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Lotta runs today, it seems.

• VariableVariable Ted Hitler Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Just hearing about that blown save made me grin. I was too busy watching the Cardinals beat up the poor Brew crew. Now its Rockies time. Already left two men in scoring position. *sigh*

because you're a poop face!

BNet-Vari#1998 | WiiU-Variable | 3DS-3866-8105-7478 | Steam | Twitch
    Sig%20-%20Hearthstone%20DoA.png
  • SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote: »

The Pirates and Phillies have no idea what you're talking about.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
    Schide wrote: »
    LavaKnight wrote: »

The Pirates and Phillies have no idea what you're talking about.

They didn't get the memo.

Except for McCutchen, who stole a base for me. Good ol' Dread Pirate.

• Element BrianElement Brian Registered User regular
    So, where the hell did the M's offense come from?

I like the idea of the carbonation in your pop being too much for your mormon body

too worldly nooooo
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Are... are the Pirates above .500?

What madness is this?!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Weren't they through like mid-May last year?

• SchideSchide You have dreams Everybody watching at home has dreamsRegistered User regular
    On July 19th last year they were 51-44. The last time they were above .500 was 54-53 on August 1st.

x7SZWSn.jpg
    Amazon Wish List -- Backloggery -- 3DS Friend Code: 3282-1850-1742
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I was being

facetious.

:(

(I just found it endlessly amusing last season how everyone I knew was like 'wtf we're winning?' and then bandwagoned like crazy.)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • MazzyxMazzyx A Restoration through Revolution. Registered User regular
    Ugh. Damn it Rockies blow a great pitching performance by Nicasio. Kid comes back from having his damn neck broken by a line drive, throws 7 innings, gives up 1 run and no walks and then you give it up in the 8th on an error by the third baseman.

*sigh* It'll be a long season.

meijisig.png
    Red Sox bullpen... has issues.

So, where the hell did the M's offense come from?

Bartolo Colon burped it up.

This discussion has been closed.