As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

We don't actually build or mine anymore, we just play with cats all day. Minecraft!

• netgremlinnetgremlin Registered User regular
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    DO7Zn.png

OMG! My Eyes Are Burning!

• DecomposeyDecomposey Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Uuuuug, discovered an unintended side effect of building a submarine. Drowning, darkness, and general difficulty I expected. But the constant swimming and bobbing up and down and up and down and up and down... I did not know I could get Minecraft motion sick.

Decomposey on
    Before following any advice, opinions, or thoughts I may have expressed in the above post, be warned: I found Keven Costners "Waterworld" to be a very entertaining film.
  • Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Is the whitelist still frozen? I would like to get in on some minecrafting, and sent a PM but haven't heard anything back :(

• ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Is the whitelist still frozen? I would like to get in on some minecrafting, and sent a PM but haven't heard anything back :(

Shit I knew I was forgetting something, replying to your PM right now.

hLeTR.png
    Thanks! Now to spawn and wander around blindly for a while :D

• Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So my computer decided to take a shit at the worst time. I'll try to rejoin the pvp fights soon as I get the thing working again.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • dargondarkfiredargondarkfire wyomingRegistered User regular
    pv is not working, or atleast it wasn't this morning.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    cognisseur fixed it already because he's a genius

BahamutZERO.gif
  • The Good Doctor TranThe Good Doctor Tran Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    pv is not working, or atleast it wasn't this morning.

Yea, MV and Bukkit have separate pvp vars per world. One was set to true and the other was set to false.
    cognisseur fixed it already because he's a genius

?

The Good Doctor Tran on
    LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    i have most of the crashed plane finished.
    i noticed as i read the journal that the first ship had no toilet.
    so i am glad to announce my plane had not 1 toilet but 2 (once its finished)
    i am almost wondering if i should build the second toilet's crash site in camp since it has no toilets. i will discuss this with crow.

• Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    netgremlin wrote: »
    Duke 2.0 wrote: »
    DO7Zn.png

OMG! My Eyes Are Burning!
    HJpSU.jpg

Amikron Devalia on
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Ocelotl:
    Right now we're working on laying down roads so people can start building ASAP. Here's an updated layout, if anyone's interested:

zC7Rn.jpg

edited April 2012
    What sort of building materials are needed for Ocelotl construction?

Also:
    qBApp.jpg

Bloody Jack on
  • Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    Crowbawt wrote: »
    Ocelotl:
    Right now we're working on laying down roads so people can start building ASAP. Here's an updated layout, if anyone's interested:

zC7Rn.jpg
    Are we going to set up build rules for the free build area? we don't want Mayan towers to the heavens filling the city.

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Free area is everything shaded purple, in case that wasn't clear. I was gonna make a build guidelines post once the roads are done, but here's a quick one:

Stone and stone brick, ancient Mesoamerican style.

Be extremely careful if using fire, vines burn.

Please ask before building anything extremely tall, or larger than the acropolis, which is 45 x 80, 40 tall at the base.

Leave vegetation when convenient, collect saplings from any jungle trees you cut down.

We're gonna need a ton of cobble and coal, mainly.

• Firematic.Firematic. Registered User regular
    In regards to the commodity exchange, would it be possible/is there any interest in allowing trades of non-block items? Stuff like cocoa beans or blaze rods that are at some level of usefulness/rarity?

• jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Can 2x2 jungle trees be grown outside of jungle biomes?

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I believe you can plant a 2x2 grid of jungle saplings and that will grow into one of the large ones

it needs some space though

• K'laamasK'laamas Registered User new member
    Yeah, 2x2 saplings & bone meal will give you a *huge* jungle tree in any biome (planted on dirt, of course). Best way to get *tons* of wood super-quick.

• LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    Guise, I went afk to love on my birds and when I came back and hit escape, I spawned on my bed with no inventory. I was only gone for a minute or so. Had I died, my stuff should have been there, but chat said I didn't die...

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
  • intropintrop Registered User regular
    Laikka, I'm sorry to tell you that the old Laikka delved too deeply into the jungle ruins, so we had to replace her with a clone (now you). You'll find a standard-issue jumpsuit under the bed. Do not be alarmed at the two-minute memory gap; our backups aren't yet seamless.

Steam ID: highentropy
  • LaikkaLaikka Hungry like the Wolf Jonesboro, ARRegistered User regular
    introp wrote: »
    Laikka, I'm sorry to tell you that the old Laikka delved too deeply into the jungle ruins, so we had to replace her with a clone (now you). You'll find a standard-issue jumpsuit under the bed. Do not be alarmed at the two-minute memory gap; our backups aren't yet seamless.

Hmm, that explains why my boobs feel bigger. I'm ok with this, but can I at least have my inventory back? :/

"I must warn you, getting what you want and being happy are two quite different things."
    b4g779.gif
    1270044 2012-04-05 17:24:36 Laikka Other Death aworld -2325.3,64,449.7 Suicide

LoL & Spiral Knights & MC & SMNC: Carrington - Origin: CarringtonPlus - Steam: skdrtran
    Y U kill Laikka??

edited April 2012
    Oh I guess that's too far after the fact hrm.

E: CULPRIT FOUND?
    1252083 2012-04-05 16:55:15 Laikka Mob Death aworld -2326.3,63,432.5 Arrow

The Good Doctor Tran on
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    With the deforestation going on in the future swamps, I can send over logs and turn them into charcoal if it's needed.

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • IsaIsa Registered User regular
    I really feel like a dick saying this again, but to whomever left Inquisition signs around Townstuck: Townstuck is a neutral, non-RP zone. There are other players "living" and building there that are not interested in cult/IQ RP and don't want the area to be used to that end and we should all (cult and IQ) try to respect that. I wouldn't even bring it up if it was only one or two signs, but apparently whomever left them left like 15 of them (that have been found so far). Please don't do that. If you did it because you don't know where else to get Sopa's attention, he has buildings all over the server! I'm sure you could slyly ask around and get some ideas. ;)

• SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    Isa wrote: »
    I really feel like a dick saying this again, but to whomever left Inquisition signs around Townstuck: Townstuck is a neutral, non-RP zone. There are other players "living" and building there that are not interested in cult/IQ RP and don't want the area to be used to that end and we should all (cult and IQ) try to respect that. I wouldn't even bring it up if it was only one or two signs, but apparently whomever left them left like 15 of them (that have been found so far). Please don't do that. If you did it because you don't know where else to get Sopa's attention, he has buildings all over the server! I'm sure you could slyly ask around and get some ideas. ;)

ps. besides all that, I appreciate having fans wanting me dead or whatever :P

jrrClpr.gif
  • FerretFerret Registered User regular
    There seems to have been some minor miss-communication , twill be dealt with

Remember 12/21/2012 when the doctor saved us all once again.
    I built a temporary tree shack in the free build area to the east? (right side of ocelotl) that is a bit too visible I think. I'll try to fix it up tomorrow evening or this weekend.

Sopa wrote: »

If you want to get Sopa's attention, just set him on fire! That works best.

Sopa wrote: »

If you want to get Sopa's attention, just set him on fire! That works best.

so if i want to talk to him just use flint and steal on him? gotcha!

• JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    I'm making a 'Choose Your Own Adventure' house/maze sort of thing.
    But, I need your help! (Yes, I'm looking at you. One might even say glaring...)
    What should some of the scenarios be? Traps? Rewards?

Some general ideas I already have in mind:
    -Being able to return to take the other option you didn't originally choose (Hey, we all did it)
    -Puzzles of all sorts:
    --Lava lake to cross
    --Redstone circuit puzzle
    --Hedge Maze
    --Water Physics
    --Pressure Plate Maze
    --Lever Hijinks
    --Blindly finding the secret stone in the wall
    --Riddles!
    -Bed/chest to set a 'Save Point' before you start
    -Reward for completing it correctly (Everyone's a winner!)
    -Secret hidden reward
    -Secret side plot

The location is already picked.
    The actual plot of the adventure has not been thought of yet, so feel free to contribute!

PM me with your suggestions please. (Please, please, please PM and do not reply, I want as much as this to be a surprise as it can be. As long as you PM me I'll credit you with the idea somewhere in the room you designed/suggested an idea for (or on a wall before the start) on a sign.)

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Bought a PC. When it is built, I will be playing MC again.

• Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    Alright, I think I figured out my plan for the floating city concept.

Fez

6v3V4.jpg

Motherfucking Fez. Gonna have the floating city based on vertical columns of haphazard structures. I'll try to mock up something in creative singleplayer before moving my stone stockpiles to the proposed location.

VRXwDW7.png
  • nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I could use some help with the Wiki. Specifically, making guides on efficient farming, guides on how to make best use of spawners, etc. If you PM me the information, I can copy and paste it in.

EDIT: Commonly used redstone circuitry that a beginner wouldn't necessarily know how to do, like how to make a doorbell that also opens the door, shit like that.

nuka on
    DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • Duke 2.0Duke 2.0 Time Trash Cat Registered User regular
    ep1FE.png

Eugh

Gonna have to make another few mockups before I get this refined enough to build.

VRXwDW7.png
  • greygrey Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As a reminder, Ocelotl is Crowbawt's pet project and Crowbawt calls the shots within the borders of said city. There have been several problems with people not following the building code or building in the wrong place. Please follow the code. Otherwise your building/structure may (read will) be demolished and you may end up butt hurt. And not the fun Twixxo kind of butt hurt.

And nobody wants that.

That said, Crowbawt or Sopapaya are happy to field questions about what/where to build within the confines of Ocelotl.

grey on
  • Cathode Ray TubeCathode Ray Tube Registered User regular
    Man, slow day in here today.

Anyway, the woolhalla line has passed the halfway point of it's ocean passage.

tlMJp.jpg

• DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    I love underwater glass structures.

JtgVX0H.png
This discussion has been closed.