As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Xenoblade Chronicles] The Incredible Shulk MARK YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS

• Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    I liked and played through the first two dot hack games, but was completely burnt out for later games in the series

And dang, I gave my wii to my parents, but everything I've heard about this game has me itching to get it back and try it

rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    I actually am looking forward to the .hack fighting game. The ninja storm games were actually pretty fun and accessible.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Radius wrote: »
    I actually am looking forward to the .hack fighting game. The ninja storm games were actually pretty fun and accessible.
    What is it with JRPGs being turned into fighting games

I mean

I'm totally okay with but

weird

• Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    So is this out Thursday or Friday?

Cause I keep getting mixed signals about it and even the guys at my EB have been told both dates by Nintendo on separate occasions.

• Options
    CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    xenoblade chronicles? you mean that game I've been playing for 6 months and paid less for then the US version would cost? yeah, it's really great. 8->

So this is how homey's gonna play it, huh

This is out Friday, LockedOnTarget

Also will Gamestop hold a preorder for a few days, I'm not going to be able to pick this up until Monday

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Cause I keep getting mixed signals about it and even the guys at my EB have been told both dates by Nintendo on separate occasions.

Friday. EBGames employees are famous for never knowing shit and making stuff up/lying when they don't know and don't feel like looking it up.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    xenoblade chronicles? you mean that game I've been playing for 6 months and paid less for then the US version would cost? yeah, it's really great. 8->

So this is how homey's gonna play it, huh

This is out Friday, LockedOnTarget

Also will Gamestop hold a preorder for a few days, I'm not going to be able to pick this up until Monday

Generally, the stores i've dealt with have been wonderful about holding pre-orders for a little while.

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    thanks for making the thread @Hullis, this totally fell off my radar

god knows when I'm going to find the time to play this between everything else coming out soon

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    SimBen wrote: »

Friday. EBGames employees are famous for never knowing shit and making stuff up/lying when they don't know and don't feel like looking it up.

They weren't making stuff up. The guys at my EB aren't stereotypes. Nintendo sent them a notice telling them the game is street dated for Thursday, and at the same time sent them some new signs that say Friday. Hence the confusion.

The wiki also said Thursday when I checked a couple days ago and now it says Friday.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    It's also out on Thursday in Canada, because Friday is a holiday for us.

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Well I'm Canadian so that'd be why then!

Yay Canada.

• Options
    Oh wow for once they're not screwing us over by going the other way around. Nice.

Also Good Friday isn't a holiday in the US? Huh.

sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh wow for once they're not screwing us over by going the other way around. Nice.

Also Good Friday isn't a holiday in the US? Huh.
    Some places close to recognize it, but not many.

• Options
    PaperLuigi, you've played this.

Should we play it with Wii remote + nunchuck, or Classic controller? I imagine camera control would be the only real difference between the two, but what do you recommend?

sig.gif
  • Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Geez, didn't realize this was already coming out. I guess it will have to help kill the time before D3.

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Everybody had a Wii 3 years ago now nobody has a Wii.

This is why you don't sell your consoles.

because 5 years later an actual game might come out?

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Everybody had a Wii 3 years ago now nobody has a Wii.

This is why you don't sell your consoles.

because 5 years later an actual game might come out?

Because by now there's a full shelf of totally worthwhile Wii games that have come out and every single time a new one comes out since NSMBWii I get every single person I know going "ah I wish I hadn't sold my Wii but it's just this one game coming out now that I wish I played so not really regretting it lol"

They said that about NSMBWii, Kirby's Epic Yarn, DKC Returns, Other M (although after the hype died down nobody cared about that one anymore), Galaxy 2, Skyward Sword, Rhythm Heaven and now Xenoblade, and they're gonna say that again when Last Story comes out. And no it's not a bunch of different people each missing one pet game, the same people say the same thing every time and don't realize they keep justifying how they don't get to play 8 whole games.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    To be fair there WAS a gap of slightly over one year between Galaxy 1 and NSMBW coming out with an absolute wasteland of releases in-between and that's when almost everybody jumped ship. But people in general seem so unbelievably short-sighted about that stuff. Most of the Wii's greatest games have come out since then.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    PaperLuigi, you've played this.

Should we play it with Wii remote + nunchuck, or Classic controller? I imagine camera control would be the only real difference between the two, but what do you recommend?

I got a cheap but decent third party classic controller bundled with my game so that's all I ever used.

I just tried out wiimote and nunchuck and it was fine, camera control was holding down the c button and pushing the d pad around.

If you have a classic controller I recommend that, but if you don't and don't want to spend extra for one then wiimote seems perfectly serviceable.

• Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    This looks rad

How many monies is it

Projeck on
  • Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Hmm, just bought this from Nintendo. I wonder how long it will actually take to get.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I love this game (still haven't beaten it) but too many sidequests. I keep doing sidequests and exploring instead of progressing the story.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I stopped doing sidequests when I realised I was overleveled from doing a ton of them. Plus that mmo style of side quest doesn't do much for me.

Although they do offer an easy way to boost affinity (how much party members like each other) and taking on miniboss enemies is always fun. Also, your future sword will tell you 'hey this is a side-quest item for a quest you don't have yet, don't sell it if you're into that kinda thing', the game will give you notifications on side-quest progress and a lot of quests will auto-complete.
    Projeck wrote: »
    This looks rad

How many monies is it

http://store.nintendo.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Xenoblade?storeId=10001

So about $50 US.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    My roommate had a Wii but it just sat there, unused except for some parties where smash bros would be played.

My parents have one now. This game looks kind of interesting but I already have so many games to play. Bummed that they are doing such a limited release because I do not want to pay $50 right now to play a game on my parent's Wii.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

That is the music for every mini-boss, for the record

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    oh god

HILARIOUSLY BALLSY RIPFEST FUCK YEAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

• Options
    okay I may have to get this now

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCclUgQk1Lk

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    The first time 'You Will Know Our Names' played was what convinced me that this was a game I had to keep playing (since it eases you into its layers of mechanics over time).

I think the first miniboss is some weird mole-rat thing and when that music kicks in my thoughts were 'Woah, what the fuck is happening? This is awesome.'

• Options
    YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    okay that miniboss music might have actually just sold this game to me

holy shit

• Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh god

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCclUgQk1Lk

hahahaha fuck yeah

• Options
    edited April 2012
    game has the most bitchin' fight music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfc9GLxlhEw

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    There's absolutely no way this post is here to cover up an embarrassing screw-up when I scrambled to edit the above post to make a punchier joke.

SimBen on
    sig.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    I just bought this game!

Maybe I'll play it or something!

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    Ordered, because I am an impulse buyer, actually loved the Xenosaga and Xenogears games, and there is no other way to get it.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    It apparently has nothing to do with the rest of the Xeno series. But it is still awesome. I'll tell you tomorrow.

• Options
    I love how the US is now even more literally the last territory to get this.

Even Canada comes first.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I love how the US is now even more literally the last territory to get this.

Even Canada comes first.

BEST FOR LAST, MOTHERFUCKERS