Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Double Dragon (XBLA, PSN) by Way Forward announced

2»

• Skull2185Skull2185 Yoomanity's best hope I should goRegistered User regular
    Well, it was SNES then!

3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fun Fact: Marvel Comics had a Double Dragon comic series a long time ago.

After a few issues, Billy and Jimmy Lee meet their father, Stan...Lee.

Yes, Marvel Comics established that the Stan Lee is the father of the Double Dragons.

Lars on
    ae26.jpg
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I remember playing the shit out of Double Dragon at the arcade around 3rd-4th grade and loving it, then I finally got an NES and the home version of it awhile later and feeling COMPLETELY ripped off at how shitty it was in comparison. You couldn't even do co-op I don't think!

I had the much superior Sega Master System version.

Glorious 2 player action. Seeee-gaaaa!

• Gigazombie CybermageGigazombie Cybermage Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Fuck Abobo and his body slams.

steam_sig.png
  • skeldareskeldare Defaulting Bravely Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Fun Fact: Marvel Comics had a Double Dragon comic series a long time ago.

After a few issues, Billy and Jimmy Lee meet their father, Stan...Lee.

Yes, Marvel Comics established that the Stan Lee is the father of the Double Dragons.

stanlee.jpg

Wii U and 3DS Codes
    idcard.php?type=3&style=1&name=skeldare&name2=1848-1663-9345
    Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
  • Lindsey LohanLindsey Lohan Registered User regular
    Allforce wrote: »
    I remember playing the shit out of Double Dragon at the arcade around 3rd-4th grade and loving it, then I finally got an NES and the home version of it awhile later and feeling COMPLETELY ripped off at how shitty it was in comparison. You couldn't even do co-op I don't think!

I had the much superior Sega Master System version.

Glorious 2 player action. Seeee-gaaaa!

I think even the Gameboy version was better than the NES one. The Master System version was great though. Super Double Dragon on the SNES was pretty awesome too. It's a very odd series, quality wise actually - lots of great games, terrible games, and ports that fall all over the place.

steam_sig.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    So, 1UP has a preview.

The bad news? Apparently, it's not very good.

The good news? It's only been in development for a few weeks, and this is what we're seeing already, so there is hope.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I wasn't really impressed with the video in that article either. Looks kind of bland. Even the music didn't do much for me, but I guess it wouldn't after hearing Vomitron's take on it.

I'll still hold out hope, though. It's certainly more than I could do in a couple weeks of development. :)

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Oh myyy Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    Double Dragon 2 was superior to the first game in every way, and I wish someone would remake that game instead, or just include the new moves from the second game to the first.

Double Dragon 3 was alright, but I thought it was short. I wouldn't be terribly upset if someone remade that one.

PSN: ArcticArctos
    3DSXL: 4527-9072-5305
    Steam: Arcadebear
    Brave Frontier: 55922344
  • NintenNinten Registered User regular
    Hope it'll be like DD Advance. That was great!

• GrombarGrombar Registered User regular
    WayForward did great work on Contra 4.

• DaveTheWaveDaveTheWave Registered User regular
    If someone fixed the slowdown in DD2 it would be superior in every way.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RestartRestart Registered User regular
    Double Dragon 2 was superior to the first game in every way, and I wish someone would remake that game instead, or just include the new moves from the second game to the first.

My dream Double Dragon remake would cover Double Dragon 1 and 2, combining em into one crazy adventure.

spritesWalk.gif
  • UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow YRP...in position It's showtime, girls.Registered User regular
    I like Double Dragon

I love WayForward

But I have to agree with XoB here. This art style is...ugly.

kTNzrVi.png?2
    Disasterrific! | Sometimes I stream PS4 games here | PSN: UnbreakableVow
  • Mostlyjoe13Mostlyjoe13 Thanks Gort! The Dream RealmRegistered User regular
    Spam flying kick = Win.

SO MUCH NEON.

steam_sig.png
    PSN ID - Mostlyjoe Steam ID -mostlydeadman
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular

Double Dragon 3 was alright, but I thought it was short. I wouldn't be terribly upset if someone remade that one.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gif0g9jaoG.gifuWt4fLV.gif
2»