As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[SSX] World class tunnel physics simulator

• SkyTurnsRedSkyTurnsRed Saint LouisRegistered User regular
    I'm gonna give this a few runs tonight. I've neglected it for Armored Core and ME 3. :(

• chidonachidona Registered User regular
    Also worth noting that new times of day have been added for certain tracks - try trick it on Bulldog, the sunset effects are awesome!

• mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    chidona wrote: »
    Also worth noting that new times of day have been added for certain tracks - try trick it on Bulldog, the sunset effects are awesome!

Neat, gonna run a few tonight.

Slowly winning a war of attrition against those medals.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I have never played any SSX game.

My brother made me try this demo.

It may actually be a full priced (well, Amazon has it for $45...so semi-full price) purchase. Holy SHIT is the full game as good as the demo?

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    mxmarks wrote: »
    I have never played any SSX game.

My brother made me try this demo.

It may actually be a full priced (well, Amazon has it for $45...so semi-full price) purchase. Holy SHIT is the full game as good as the demo?

More people, more runs, global events and all the gear.

Yeah you should probably buy it I reckon.

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    The full game is better than the demo!

@mxmarks SSX will be on sale for $29.99 at Best Buy starting Sunday. So wait for that or for Amazon to match it.

• ruzkinruzkin Registered User regular
    The only disappointment for me is that the "150 drops" advertised on the box is closer to 60. Being able to do three different race types on the same course does not make them different drops.

g4OlSIF.jpg
    so I grabbed this per all of your advice yesterday and played it the entire day.

I have never played an SSX game before.

This is so. fucking. fun.

confusedwalrus you are insane but know in 20 years or so I will be gunning for you.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
    mxmarks wrote: »
    so I grabbed this per all of your advice yesterday and played it the entire day.

I have never played an SSX game before.

This is so. fucking. fun.

confusedwalrus you are insane but know in 20 years or so I will be gunning for you.

I assume the 360 version? If so, add me. Skyturnsred.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ordered this from Amazon today, loved the demo even though I had no clue what I was doing. Picked free shipping, so I probably wont have the game till next week(maybe Saturday), but feel free to add Skull2185 on XBL in preparation for laughing at my rediculously low scores.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Free 2 riders and mount Fuji up in the marketplace!

• NaloutoNalouto Registered User regular
    I've got the riders, (wooooot) but where's fuji?

:winky:
    Is this XBL or PSN?

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I saw Eddie and the guy I already got from Facebook (can't believe I restarted my account when I could have just waited) along with all the pre-order boards. PS3 already has Fuji, so I'm not sure if it's out for 360 now, too.

uyvfOQy.png
    It's not out for PAL regions on PS3 :( I have neither characters nor Fuji.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • AbsurðrAbsurðr Näkrå maximum fucking hellRegistered User regular
    The free boards and riders package is there, but I don't see Fuji.

steam_sig.png
  • MyNameIsWalrusMyNameIsWalrus Registered User regular
    When it first went up on the marketplace it said it was boards, riders and Mt. Fuji. Now it just says boards and riders. I didn't actually see Fuji in my game so I guess it was a mistake.

Okay, got Fuji and the riders. It wasn't anywhere on the PSN, but when I started the game the option was there to download and install. However, even after installing I needed to quit and restart the game for them to appear.

All good now.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    Is Fuji a dlc code or an automatic download for the PS3?

this may be instrumental in my picking it up because I'd be playing on my friends ps3 instead of my own.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    how much is mt fuji on the marketplace?

Nappuccino wrote: »
    Is Fuji a dlc code or an automatic download for the PS3?

this may be instrumental in my picking it up because I'd be playing on my friends ps3 instead of my own.

For me, it required no code. The option to download Eddie & Friends & Fuji was just there in the menu below Ridernet, for free.

g4OlSIF.jpg
    Holy shit.
    It took me three hours, but I finally beat BlitzAce on Wrecking Crew Race It. 1:27:49. The gauntlet has been thrown down, you handsome devil.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    ruzkin wrote: »
    Holy shit.
    It took me three hours, but I finally beat BlitzAce on Wrecking Crew Race It. 1:27:49. The gauntlet has been thrown down, you handsome devil.

I'll get onto that, and gunwarrior's newest time on JT2 (you sneaky devil, you), just as soon as I get Moby to level 11, which I only found out was even possible yesterday.

EDIT - scratch that, the bounty EXP will help towards level 11. New target on Wrecking Crew is under 1:24.83.

BlitzAce1981 on
    PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    edited April 2012
    ...my god.

I don't think I can compete with that until I get a character above level 9, though.

EDIT - I hate the first Deadly Descent (trees) with a passion. The path is so narrow and there are so many weird geometries that I don't feel like a snowboarder so much as a pinball. My best runs are pure luck, my worst runs see me touching some tiny nub of rock and either being shot up into the sky like a kite, or trapped upside down beneath a log, perpetually bunny-hopping my head through the floor.

ruzkin on
    g4OlSIF.jpg
  • chidonachidona Registered User regular
    ruzkin wrote: »
    ...my god.

I don't think I can compete with that until I get a character above level 9, though.

EDIT - I hate the first Deadly Descent (trees) with a passion. The path is so narrow and there are so many weird geometries that I don't feel like a snowboarder so much as a pinball. My best runs are pure luck, my worst runs see me touching some tiny nub of rock and either being shot up into the sky like a kite, or trapped upside down beneath a log, perpetually bunny-hopping my head through the floor.

Hahaha! I agree - to be honest, I really hate any of the trees/rocks DDs.

Yeah the trees are my least favorite DD.

Havent touched it in 2 days...I was afraid of getting burnt out! I played so much and just felt like I wasn't really...savoring it, haha.

But I should be back on today. Bummed Mt Fuji wasn't actually in that pack - it said it was in the description!

trees is easy... once you get the wingsuit and realize you can FLY over it

now thin air on the other hand, that can eat a dick

Thin air is the worst.

They really didn't need to put in the DD stuff. Or the rewind ability.

steam_sig.png
    deadly descents are fun. usually.

the rewind has saved me some trouble though, i have done massive trick runs only to mess up near the end, that's where rewind really comes in handy.

I think rewind is totally necessary, thanks to all the death-drops that come out of nowhere. Without it, there'd be no way to learn some of the tracks.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • tbloxhamtbloxham Registered User regular
    Absurðr wrote: »
    They really didn't need to put in the DD stuff. Or the rewind ability.

Rewind is fun, 'deadliness' isn't. Rewind ALMOST makes the deadliness fun but can't quite do it since you still feel that you've lost when you rewind.

I've been playing through and am liking later areas a lot more, much less cramped and geometrically crazy compared to the earlier ones.

"That is cool" - Abraham Lincoln
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I love the deadly descents, with the exception of Thin Air.

I most specifically love rocks, trees, and chasms. Some of the later wingsuit tracks feel more like a platformer. Love competing in survival runs down those.

I can understand the argument for using rewind to learn levels, but once you're fighting for top scores and times, the penalty of using rewind means you'll have to restart anyways. And yeah, LHJ, if it's that one spot right at the very end that you catch quick enough, it can do some good. I just feel like it's superfluous in most cases.

And I do enjoy some of the deadly stuff - I like a few of the fog and dark volcano levels - but the core game is so much fun I don't see the need for placing those constraints on it.

I don't mean to be whinging about the game, since it's no big deal avoiding the stuff I don't like.

steam_sig.png
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Actually, on a couple of occasions, rewind has saved me and let me land first place in an Explore race.

Oh brilliant
    Yeah, I've done the same in Explore... but you can't rewind and still win when you're up against BlitzAce.

g4OlSIF.jpg
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Implying it is at all possible to beat BlitzAce? I don't think he's a real player anymore, rather some phantom that haunts these mountains, luring competitive bros to their crevassey deaths.

Oh brilliant
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    You haven't seen the guy who's been on my friend list since at least as far back as Burnout Paradise; he is my nemesis. I go to do any mountain i haven't already done, or beat one of gunwarrior's/ruzkin's/Entriech's/whoever's times, and he'll go and destroy it within the next hour. By over 5 seconds. I think he has a time more than a minute under the gold target on one slope.

Also,
    Implying it is at all possible to beat BlitzAce? I don't think he's a real player anymore, rather some phantom that haunts these mountains, luring competitive bros to their crevassey deaths.

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooOOOOOOOOOooooofalldownthatchasmooooooOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo...

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    so some people in the community have started getting emails with puzzle pieces
    these hint at future DLC for the game
    puzzleWIP.jpg
    looks like either a classic skins pack or maybe even a classic mountains pack
    either way, cool stuff

• mrt144mrt144 King of the Numbernames Registered User regular
    So is this worth picking up?