As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Died During [chat] Creation

• AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    In other totally unrelated news, I'm thinking of going for Subsea engineering because the pay is currently through the roof and I do like money

ftOqU21.png
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Money is nice yes

PSN: Honkalot
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    In other totally unrelated news, I'm thinking of going for Subsea engineering because the pay is currently through the roof and I do like money

You change your mind about your career every twenty-five minutes.

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

That sounds cool

Mojo_Jojo wrote: »

You change your mind about your career every twenty-five minutes.

yes, I do

although it's just changing beetween types of machine engineer, really

ftOqU21.png
    Deebaser wrote: »

That sounds cool

I'll be working for petroleum companies and therefore be evil, though

ftOqU21.png
  • DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

That sounds cool

The forces of good pay dogshit.

• skippydumptruckskippydumptruck begin again Registered User regular
    I saw Tosh last night

I guess it was the first night of his tour

he was funny

That sounds cool

The forces of good pay dogshit.

'cactly.

ftOqU21.png
    I sort of feel like just reducing our emissions is like... giving up. Admitting defeat.

There's got to be a way to solve this in a cool, sci-fi like fashion.

ftOqU21.png
  • TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    I sort of feel like just reducing our emissions is like... giving up. Admitting defeat.

Make America's baby boomer generation sequester carbon. Inside their bodies. Before we seal them inside a mountain.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

There is always how they handled it in highlander 2 with that shitty shitty dome/shield thing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
    Obviously what we need is ozone shield technology from the Planet Zeist.

syndalis wrote: »

There is always how they handled it in highlander 2 with that shitty shitty dome/shield thing.

I have never seen highlander 2.

ftOqU21.png
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

I have never seen highlander 2.
    good man.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular

Highlander what? There were sequels?

• ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    mindspork wrote: »

No.

Wikipedia says annoyingly little about the processes that work against global warming.

ftOqU21.png
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    highlander 1 wasn't even good why makes sequels

• mindsporkmindspork Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    mindspork wrote: »

No.

There was 1 Highlander.
    There were 3 Indiana Jones films.
    There was 1 Matrix film.
    There are four lights.

The obvious thing to do is create something like the Shroud of Tuchanka

ftOqU21.png
    also, manmade global warming has a bright side: It means terraforming is possible!

ftOqU21.png
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    also, manmade global warming has a bright side: It means terraforming is possible!

Yeah, that is the brightside. We have the means to accidentally devastate planets! Hurray.

Next stop Mars. Fuck you, Mars.

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    stabbing yourself in the eye doesn't prove the possibility of eye surgery, though

aRkpc.gif
    ronya wrote: »
    stabbing yourself in the eye doesn't prove the possibility of eye surgery, though

...okay?

That's not what we're doing. We're directly influencing the greenhouse effect here. Without even trying.

Imagine what we could do to Mars, if we tried.

ftOqU21.png

Yeah, that is the brightside. We have the means to accidentally devastate planets! Hurray.

...there is no way to really make Mars a less shitty place to live.

No, but we could make it harder to terraform because we don't have any real understanding of how to impact planetary climates.

ftOqU21.png
  • ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the analogy holds, against all odds: you can stab yourself in the eye without even trying, and you sure could stab yourself in the eye especially well if you tried, but that still doesn't demonstrate any ability to perform eye surgery

aRkpc.gif
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Challenge Accepted.

Lh96QHG.png
    the analogy holds, against all odds: you can stab yourself in the eye without even trying, and you sure could stab yourself in the eye especially well if you tried, but that still doesn't demonstrate any ability to perform eye surgery

this is a really shitty analogy

the problem with Mars, for example, would be too many eyes in this analogy

if we can poke out eyes it means we can fix that problem

(although there are several orders of magnitude too many eyes in the mars problem)

ftOqU21.png

Challenge Accepted.

I meant more

I meant more shitty place.

ftOqU21.png
  • AManFromEarthAManFromEarth Let's get to twerk! The King in the SwampRegistered User regular

Challenge Accepted.

I meant more

I meant more shitty place.

Funnily enough I read that as more shitty place.

God damn it, now the joke doesn't work.

Lh96QHG.png
  • DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    can't believe my niece's birthday party is from 9 to 11 a.m. tomorrow. it's going to suck so much ass. I'll have to wake up at 7 a.m. just like it was a workday. Boo-urns. probably only that early so that my brother and his wife can have another one bday for her later in the day but out in east Texas with his in-laws.

anyway, how is everyone? still alive? no suicides and whatnot?

edited April 2012

(although there are several orders of magnitude too many eyes in the mars problem)

How about a compromise?

Man made climate change, while right now doesn't mean we can terraform, does open up research avenues which may one day lead to that ability (which conversely, might negate climate change itself).

In much the same way that the first guy who stabbed himself in the eye may have triggered a "I wonder what you could do if you did that on purpose..." reaction in other peole.

AManFromEarth on
    Lh96QHG.png
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    can't believe my niece's birthday party is from 9 to 11 a.m. tomorrow. it's going to suck so much ass. I'll have to wake up at 7 a.m. just like it was a workday. Boo-urns. probably only that early so that my brother and his wife can have another one bday for her later in the day but out in east Texas with his in-laws.

anyway, how is everyone? still alive? no suicides and whatnot?

At work for a half day but it's not busy and a bunch of work folks are meeting at a local bar after for lunch so it should be good times. Think I might have a scotch ale and some fried pepperoni or chicken wings.

Gonmun on
    desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook

How about a compromise?

Man made climate change, while right now doesn't mean we can terraform, does open up research avenues which may one day lead to that ability (which conversely, might negate climate change itself).

In much the same way that the first guy who stabbed himself in the eye may have triggered a "I wonder what you could do if you did that on purpose..." reaction in other peole.

No, it means we can terraform. To a very small degree.

Most places in the solar system are way way way too cold.

I meant terraform in the sense of making a place more like Earth, not make Earth um more like Earth.

It doesn't help Earth for shit.

ftOqU21.png
  • SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    Just do everything they did in the Mars trilogy.

Or Venus. It does not help for Venus either. But I think that's a lost cause anyway. At ground level, atleast.

ftOqU21.png
  • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Man, i'm learning SO MUCH HISTORY from video games. Whoever said video games can't teach you things never played Assassin's Creed or Sengoku Basara. Those are history lessons made fun!

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    msg2g.jpg

obF2Wuw.png
This discussion has been closed.