As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

• SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    in contrast, I always thought the avgn videos were pretty dumb & it was refreshing seeing him talk like a normal person in that sonic video.

bringing it back on topic:
    how about that terrible final boss in generations?

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    LOOKS LIKE A HOMING SHOT

PNk1Ml4.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I love James and his work and all, but on-topic, I'm really surprised no one has brought this up.

Also: one of Sonic's co-creators has gone to work for Nintendo now.

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    and that's why we post at http://forums.garfield.com/

So sad this wasnt a real site.

Im going to start a kickstarter for Garfield forums. $1,000 reward: You get to be a mod.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    About James' look, I think he's trying to separate his AVGN persona and his real, normal self. I like it.

About the open-world rumor...

"So guys, after years of making countless shitty games, we finally got it right with the last two. We actually made two good 3D Sonic games! Holy shit! So, what should we do now?

lol throw that shit in the trash we're doing a reboot lololol"

But apparently TSSZ's track record with rumors is really spotty so I'm not all that worried.

EVOL on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    To be honest, not ALL of those things in that Sonic rumor sound bad. I DO like the sound of a Burnout Paradise inspired Sonic game... well, without the driving.

steam_sig.png
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    A rumor that's plausible: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/04/rumour-sonic-adventure-2-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade/

A leaked list of upcoming XBLA games had Sonic Adventure 2 and Rock Band Blitz on it before Rock Band Blitz was announced. If it's coming to XBLA, it's probably hitting Steam and PSN too. @ThatDudeOverThere can possibly rejoice.

soempty.jpg
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular
    EVOL wrote: »
    About James' look, I think he's trying to separate his AVGN persona and his real, normal self. I like it.

"So guys, after years of making countless shitty games, we finally got it right with the last two. We actually made two good 3D Sonic games! Holy shit! So, what should we do now?

But apparently TSSZ's track record with rumors is really spotty so I'm not all that worried.

The rumor is flat-out bogus. So you shouldn't be worried at all.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Just curious, how do you know?

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    A rumor that's plausible: http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/04/rumour-sonic-adventure-2-coming-to-xbox-live-arcade/

A leaked list of upcoming XBLA games had Sonic Adventure 2 and Rock Band Blitz on it before Rock Band Blitz was announced. If it's coming to XBLA, it's probably hitting Steam and PSN too. @ThatDudeOverThere can possibly rejoice.

Hey, this here? This is good news.

Yeah it's old and busted, but I had so much fun with SA2. I'd pay for more Chao world alone.

Oh brilliant
    edited April 2012
    cloudeagle wrote: »

Just curious, how do you know?

the same way I know that the Sonic Dimensions rumor that the very same site posted was bogus - I asked.

TheSonicRetard on
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Nope nope don't care, Buying SA2 if it does come out on Steam.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • LegendofLinkLegendofLink Registered User regular
    Wouldn't it be cool if the XBLA version of SA2's Chao Garden actually used XBL for trading/racing/karate with other people? I doubt that Sega would be awesome enough to do that for us, but we can hope, right?

Wouldn't it be cool if the XBLA version of SA2's Chao Garden actually used XBL for trading/racing/karate with other people? I doubt that Sega would be awesome enough to do that for us, but we can hope, right?

I like the way you think.

Did SA2 have online Chao trading like SA1 did? My family had AOL at the time, which was incompatible with the Dreamcast's online stuff. I begged my parents to sign up for a cheap local ISP (in addition to AOL) and I paid $15 a month for a few months just so I could download Chao and put a Christmas in Station Square.

soempty.jpg
    yess SA2

hope it's actually a proper upscale instead of whatever that SA1 port was

and oh man if they got online MP in that'd be great, but I don't expect that

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    yess SA2

hope it's actually a proper upscale instead of whatever that SA1 port was

and oh man if they got online MP in that'd be great, but I don't expect that

Upres, not upscale. Upscale is taking an image rendered at resolution X, and stretching it to resolution Y. Upres is rendering at resolution Y to begin with.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    With resolution Y, we'll finally be able to tell who is the fake hedgehog around here.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyAUjIWZ50
    Pelé The Beloved Dog was taking a long walk on the beach enjoying the brilliant scenery of the Soleanna coast. He was lost deep in thought, trying to unravel the secrets of the universe. However, this deep thought was soon broken by a shriek of terror. Pelé The Beloved Dog raced towards the noise. He saw a helpless person being tormented by robots from the nefarious Dr. Eggman. Pelé The Beloved Dog could not stand by and do nothing. He raced toward the robot and quickly defeated it and saved the poor soul. The person graciously thank Pelé The Beloved Dog but told him some disturbing news. The entire beach had been taking over by evil Eggman robots. Pelé The Beloved Dog springs into action to save the world from Dr. Eggman's Tyranny. Only time will tell what adventures Pelé The Beloved Dog will go on.

I'd play this version of Sonic 2006.

soempty.jpg
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular

Hey, this here? This is good news.

Yeah it's old and busted, but I had so much fun with SA2. I'd pay for more Chao world alone.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxyAUjIWZ50
    Pelé The Beloved Dog was taking a long walk on the beach enjoying the brilliant scenery of the Soleanna coast. He was lost deep in thought, trying to unravel the secrets of the universe. However, this deep thought was soon broken by a shriek of terror. Pelé The Beloved Dog raced towards the noise. He saw a helpless person being tormented by robots from the nefarious Dr. Eggman. Pelé The Beloved Dog could not stand by and do nothing. He raced toward the robot and quickly defeated it and saved the poor soul. The person graciously thank Pelé The Beloved Dog but told him some disturbing news. The entire beach had been taking over by evil Eggman robots. Pelé The Beloved Dog springs into action to save the world from Dr. Eggman's Tyranny. Only time will tell what adventures Pelé The Beloved Dog will go on.

I'd play this version of Sonic 2006.

I sense bias.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Reading the sad tale of Sonic 2 HD just reinforces my belief that with very few exceptions the Sonic fanbase is the worst videogame fanbase of all time.

I mean, good lord, these people are worse than NMA.

Reading the sad tale of Sonic 2 HD just reinforces my belief that with very few exceptions the Sonic fanbase is the worst videogame fanbase of all time.

I mean, good lord, these people are worse than NMA.

lOst is far from being the entire fanbase, or even representative of it.

edited April 2012
    New Sonic 4 trailer, with footage of desert zone, and playable Metal sonic.

Also, Stardust Speedway Zone, from Sonic generations and Sonic Cd, is playable:

15483968.jpg

You can lock Episode 2 onto episode 1 and play Metal Sonic in the original 4 zones, with the new physics. This locked-on version is titled "episode Metal."

http://uk.gamespot.com/shows/on-the-spot/?event=on_the_spot20120405

Jump 28 minutes in.

TheSonicRetard on
  • RaziaRazia Sword and Shield Registered User regular
    Awesome.

blondeshep.jpg
    You can lock Episode 2 onto episode 1 and play Metal Sonic in the original 4 zones, with the new physics. This locked-on version is titled "episode Metal."

woah

PNk1Ml4.png
    There will also presumably be 4 new boss acts for Metal Sonic in episode 1, as evident by their claims of "4 brand new levels."

I think that's a sign that I need to go into media blackout mode on Episode 2. For Episode 1 and Generations, I looked at all of the stages and listened to all the music before the games were out, so there were no surprises to look forward to.

soempty.jpg
    edited April 2012
    I think that's a sign that I need to go into media blackout mode on Episode 2. For Episode 1 and Generations, I looked at all of the stages and listened to all the music before the games were out, so there were no surprises to look forward to.

Oh that reminds me, we have a recording of Slyvania Castle Zone's music now, and the direction (or rather instrumentation) is much different from Ep 1.
    But I'm on my phone and posting all this stuff is difficult to do, so I'll repost it later.

incidentally, Episode Metal is now 8 zones long (or 32 acts), which are played back to back like a normal sonic game, meaning it's the length of a full Genesis title.

TheSonicRetard on
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Sega finally listened to my email from 1995!

Crap I bought the Wii version...

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Same here. Looks like I'll need to double dip.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Hm. Any word as to whether the fixed physics carry over to all of Ep 1, even when you're not playing as Metal Sonic?

Hm. Any word as to whether the fixed physics carry over to all of Ep 1, even when you're not playing as Metal Sonic?

Unlikely, as to replay the old stages, a new mode called "Episode Metal" opens up which is 8 zones long (all the zones from Sonic ep 1, and sonic 4 ep 2) back to back as one long game. I think this is their way of appeasing those who wanted lock on, while skirting around the issue of the old zones not being designed to work with the new physics without doing so much work that it wouldn't justify giving away the new content for free.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Same here. Looks like I'll need to double dip.

I double-dipped like 9 months ago when they put all the Sonic stuff on sale on XBLA.

I was there day 1 with the Wii version.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Kind of glad to hear the reboot thing is fake. On the one hand, trying something new shouldn't be bad, but on the other... well, the last reboot they tried got us Sonic 2006. Plus, so long as what they're doing now is actually working...

As for Metal Sonic and the talk of physics, does he play like Sonic used to? Or just something else entirely?

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • IgortIgort Registered User regular
    Kind of glad to hear the reboot thing is fake. On the one hand, trying something new shouldn't be bad, but on the other... well, the last reboot they tried got us Sonic 2006. Plus, so long as what they're doing now is actually working...

Wasn't the last reboot actually Sonic Unleashed?

• RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    No it was 06.

And if anything I might as well buy Episode 1 and 2 on steam even though I have episode 1 on 360.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    I think I remember Unleashed was touted by Sega as a semi-reboot a la "no, we're actually doing it right this time!"

And then they threw in the hogwolf.

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I think I remember Unleashed was touted by Sega as a semi-reboot a la "no, we're actually doing it right this time!"

And it was much more fun than folks give it credit for.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

And it was much more fun than folks give it credit for.

Hey, if you get to say iPhone games suck, I get to say the hogwolf sucked.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Technically, "manhog"

Oh brilliant