As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
    I wonder if there will be "new content" packs in the store that cost more but guarantee one of the new dudes/guns

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I just realized something. Batarian Sentinel has a net ability. I am going to give him the harpoon gun, call him Captain Ahab and just yell quotes from Mastodon's Blood and Thunder.

"Break your backs and crack your oars men if you wish to prevail!"

yessssssssssssssss

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    hey just a fair warning to anybody that plays with me

if you play a batarian I will not resurrect you

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »

I really wish I could play with you, -Tal.

All Batarians all the time. <3

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »

I really wish I could play with you, -Tal.

All Batarians all the time. <3

Team brotarian, we need to make this happen

• Options
    furthermore, there is really no reason not to have 4 krogan vanguards at all times forever

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    furthermore, there is really no reason not to have 4 krogan vanguards at all times forever

Finally, a -Tal opinion that I can get behind

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    They actually gave Krogan Vanguard Charge
    I'm surprised

• Options
    Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Krogan vanguard makes sense as a class, but man do we really need to make vanguard any more powerful

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    Krogan vanguard makes sense as a class, but man do we really need to make vanguard any more powerful

krogan vanguard can only charge down hill or across level ground, too many charges in a row leaves him doubled over gasping for breath

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular

yes

• Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    I'm seeing it now...

Krogan Vanguard carrying a Carnifex with a stunner mod.

Charge->Headbutt->Headbutt->Headbutt->Charge->Slap.

"Never Hit"
  • Options
    I guess it's weird to complain about a class being overpowered when it can only benefit you but man

You get more than one vanguard of average or better skill and you might as well set the controller down and take a nap

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    The thing to do when playing with vanguard is be drell adept and area reave everything so biotic explosion happens with every charge

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    The thing to do when playing with vanguard is be drell adept and area reave everything so biotic explosion happens with every charge

drell adept is king of getting points for no reason

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I guess it's weird to complain about a class being overpowered when it can only benefit you but man

You get more than one vanguard of average or better skill and you might as well set the controller down and take a nap

It's not very fun to play with guys who wipe out all of the enemies single handedly

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    i'm cool with most vanguards, but the human vanguards ARE kind of questionable

But hey who knows, maybe they'll be packaging bug fixes and tweaks along with the DLC

I would assume they have a system for tracking global gameplay stats, so they probably have a better idea than we do on just how much better vanguards are compared to everyone else

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Nonstop batarian sentinel for me

Kinda wish geth got a sentinel too

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    Honestly, the multi being too easy has never been a problem, except on bronze, and thats easily fixed by going silver. I have never breezed through a silver match, tense competence has been the high water mark.

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    Is this a month since the game came out? That seems early to put out free expansion dlc?

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »

drell adept is king of getting points for no reason

Yep.

Also fun is turian sentinel. Tech burst doesn't hit near as hard as biotic explosion but everything is shieldless, staggered and knocked down. It keeps the vanguard out of trouble mostly

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    JMan711 wrote: »
    I just realized something. Batarian Sentinel has a net ability. I am going to give him the harpoon gun, call him Captain Ahab and just yell quotes from Mastodon's Blood and Thunder.

"Break your backs and crack your oars men if you wish to prevail!"

white

whale

holy

grail

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    The youtube comments for the trailer video are hilarious.
    Sorry EA, you can try to buy off your few remaining fans, but you'll always be remembered as being the WORST COMPANY IN AMERICA 2012.

I like the look of the new maps, and am interested to see what gethfiltrator plays like and if it will top the salarian.

• Options
    Turian sentinel is a really nice partner to go charging in with a vanguard. Vanguard keeps refreshing his shield, while sentinel just has so damn many that nobody can knock them down before he starts regenerating again. And then chain overloads to manage the crowds and a close-range revenant to stagger and/or kill anyone the vanguard doesn't notice

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    I love my turian sentinel almost as much as my asari adept

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    If that geth vision/marksman ability not only lets you see guys through cover, but also cloaked guys, it would be a pretty handy class all on its own. No more geth hunters sneaking up, or losing a phantom in the confusion.

Also considering that this pack is pretty much giving us all the things we wanted for MP, I wonder if mercenary enemy types really are a possibility.

That would be schweeeeet

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    Is this a month since the game came out? That seems early to put out free expansion dlc?

I bet it was ready to go when the game shipped

PREORDER CANCELLED

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Kana wrote: »
    If that geth vision/marksman ability not only lets you see guys through cover, but also cloaked guys, it would be a pretty handy class all on its own. No more geth hunters sneaking up, or losing a phantom in the confusion.

Also considering that this pack is pretty much giving us all the things we wanted for MP, I wonder if mercenary enemy types really are a possibility.

That would be schweeeeet

I think it's pretty safe to assume that we'll see them released alongside the obvious Omega DLC. Hell, might even be free.

I like that they're not fracturing the playerbase with DLC unlocks

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    God the fucking Consumerist

Broke as fuck in the style of the times. Gratitude is all that can return on your generosity.

https://www.paypal.me/hobnailtaylor
  • Options
    moocow wrote: »

I bet it was ready to go when the game shipped

PREORDER CANCELLED

god I bet it's on the fucking disc too

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hobnail wrote: »
    God the fucking Consumerist

What's up, what did I miss?

Dux on
  • Options
    I keep hearing about this Omega DLC

are there actually in-game files to support it like there were for Shadow Broker, or is this just speculation

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    I keep hearing about this Omega DLC

are there actually in-game files to support it like there were for Shadow Broker, or is this just speculation

just speculation

But it's just an obvious plot thing that they never resolve

And considering they made a comic to illustrate those events similar to the one with liara, it seems reasonable to assume they'll resolve that stuff in dlc

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    Even if there was proof everybody would say it was fake and then be totally wrong

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm surprised

I was gonna say that there's no reason NOT to get it, but then again Krogan soldiers don't get an equivalent of adrenaline rush, either, so I don't know.

It seems like Krogans would be more suited to having Nova instead of charge. Naturally, they can't get both, as that would be insane.

Absolutely hilarious, but completely insane.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    But you already solved aria's problems

I don't need to go fix more of her shit

Besides
    she was on the citadel so now she's dead. Oh wait, I forgot that the ending transports you back in time! MASS EFFECT FIELDS!

imttnk.png
    PS4:MrZoompants
  • Options
    Well, the way Aria keeps going EVENTUALLY I will totally take back Omega!

Not now, but in 3-6 months! Definitely gonna get on that!

You kinda have to assume that it was intended to be hinting at DLC

Although mercenaries as enemy types is just speculation I think, since it'd be one of the more obviously easy types of enemies to put in

• Options
    Oh good we were starting to sound too positive about this game, everybody back on the Bitch Bus.

xmassig2.gif
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I'm surprised

I was gonna say that there's no reason NOT to get it, but then again Krogan soldiers don't get an equivalent of adrenaline rush, either, so I don't know.

It seems like Krogans would be more suited to having Nova instead of charge. Naturally, they can't get both, as that would be insane.

Absolutely hilarious, but completely insane.

actually yeah nova would make a lot of sense for a krogan, with their insane amount of shileds, a full nova translates to about 12.4 metric fucktons of AOE damage

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I'd also like to see the Collectors put in as an enemy type.

they have enough different forms that it would work

instead of phantoms you get harbinger assuming direct control of a grunt

This discussion has been closed.