As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I keep hearing about this Omega DLC

are there actually in-game files to support it like there were for Shadow Broker, or is this just speculation

just speculation

But it's just an obvious plot thing that they never resolve

And considering they made a comic to illustrate those events similar to the one with liara, it seems reasonable to assume they'll resolve that stuff in dlc

Yeah, there's nothing to suggest it'll definitely happen, but it seems like a really great DLC idea.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    They add a new difficulty to multiplayer: Stupid Ridiculous

all phantoms and banshees and Geth Hunters / packs of 12 pyros

• Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    i dunno, collectors have the basic dude, harbinger controlled basic dude (which there can technically only be one on the map at any time), and then scuttly crab general guy

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I keep hearing about this Omega DLC

are there actually in-game files to support it like there were for Shadow Broker, or is this just speculation

just speculation

But it's just an obvious plot thing that they never resolve

And considering they made a comic to illustrate those events similar to the one with liara, it seems reasonable to assume they'll resolve that stuff in dlc

Now there are hints in the game files. No audio but subtitle files for conversations with Aria about going back to Omega.

Far fewer remnants than there were for Shadow Broker, which had a ton of audio files and some animation stuff left in, but there are legit hints that put it above just speculation.

I mean, that's not to say it's definitely an Omega DLC. It could have been left over from some actual Omega content in the game, who knows.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    I would like some Retake Omega DLC. But not to help Aria. I want my Shepard to become the new boss, CEO, king (if you're feeling dramatic). If Aria doesn't like it she goes out an airlock.

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Dux wrote: »
    Hobnail wrote: »
    God the fucking Consumerist

What's up, what did I miss?

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-consumerists-worst-company-in-america-wins-golden/
    (vague ending spoiler)
    "Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo."
    EA wrote:
    "We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

So if you were on the fence about nerds being fucking knob ends, well, there you are

Hobnail on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    I guess it's weird to complain about a class being overpowered when it can only benefit you but man

You get more than one vanguard of average or better skill and you might as well set the controller down and take a nap

It's not very fun to play with guys who wipe out all of the enemies single handedly

This is why playing with more than 1 vanguard on a team (unless its 4 vanguards) is boring and annoying.

• Options
    KanaKana Registered User regular
    I dunno if the collectors would work well in 3, but having some kind of enemy with the same kind of mechanic as DIRECT CONTROL would be pretty badass. It'd really be interesting on objective missions, since normally it's just a waste to kill baddies until you achieve the objectives

I am kinda wondering just how many PC types they can add before things start to get too easy.

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    DuxDux A host to DarknessRegistered User regular

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/04/04/ea-is-the-consumerists-worst-company-in-america-wins-golden/
    (vague ending spoiler)
    "Traditionally, the Poo has been delivered on its little red pillow. But this year, we'll give EA three different color options for its pillow, though in the end it's still the same old Poo."
    EA wrote:
    "We're sure that British Petroleum, AIG, Philip Morris, and Halliburton are all relieved they weren't nominated this year. We're going to continue making award-winning games and services played by more than 300 million people worldwide."

So if you were on the fence about nerds being fucking knob ends, well, there you are

Oh for fuck's sake.

• Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    In fact I know what DLC I really want. Give me the option to throw someone out an airlock somewhere. They've been talking about it for two games and I've not seen a single dude go out an airlock. Disappointing.

• Options
    so, I found some more info on the new multi classes

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/04/06/mass-effect-3-resurgence-pack-brings-new-maps-weapons-characters-april-10th/
    Asari Justicar Adept – By the code, you will annihilate your enemy. Use the new Biotic Sphere ability to protect your allies and unleash deadly biotic powers to rip the opposition apart.

Batarian Soldier – Get up close and personal with the Ballistic Blades and Blade Armor abilities. The Batarian Soldier is an expert at being on the front lines and pummeling the enemy into submission.

Geth Infiltrator – Ever cursed the Geth Hunter’s name? Well now you get to be one. Cloak, sneak up on enemies and scan them through walls with Hunter Mode. Or hang back and rain sniper fire from distance.

Batarian Sentinel – Trap enemies with the Submission Net then unleash on them when they are unprotected. As with other Sentinels the Batarian can use tech and biotic abilities, ensuring he is prepared for any situation

Geth Engineer – Drop a Geth Turret and keep the pressure on your foe, all the while resurging your team’s shields. The Geth Engineer is a great support and utility character, key to any squad’s success.

Krogan Battlemaster Vanguard – FOR TUCHANKA! You might find yourself yelling your best Krogan battlecry when you use the Biotic Charge ability. To help protect yourself in the heat of battle, activate the Biotic Barrier ability and become the ultimate Battlemaster.

so apparently Geth Infiltrators get cloak and can see through walls, Geth Engineers can recharge their teammates' shields, and Krogan Vanguards do indeed have barrier and charge

• Options
    I dunno I played a silver match with three vanguards as an engineer and one guy stuck around and used my decoy as a relief to get his shields back, but the other two just zoomed around and died like idiots.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »
    i dunno, collectors have the basic dude, harbinger controlled basic dude (which there can technically only be one on the map at any time), and then scuttly crab general guy

Going off of the wiki:
    Collector Drone - basic dude with gun
    Collector Assassin - dude with Particle Beam
    Collector Guardian - dude that has recharging/more barrier
    Abominations - Exploding husks
    Scions - Big walking guns
    Praetorians - Really big dude

I think there would be enough to go on. You have your basic grunt, an analog to rocket/pyro, something similar to a guardian, Scions are kind of like ravagers, and praetorians fill the big hulking enemy role.

and then you have harbinger take-overs for a hard to kill "fast" enemy

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Joolander wrote: »

Collectors have multiple types (assassin, something else, etc), possibly including praetorians?

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular

(vague ending spoiler)
    EA wrote:

God
    Dammit

Why do so many awful people like the same hobby that I do?

Thank you again, SE++, for being an oasis of sanity for this Mass Effect thing.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    In fact I know what DLC I really want. Give me the option to throw someone out an airlock somewhere. They've been talking about it for two games and I've not seen a single dude go out an airlock. Disappointing.

Let me throw javik out an airlock

• Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    moocow wrote: »
    But you already solved aria's problems

I don't need to go fix more of her shit

Besides
    she was on the citadel so now she's dead. Oh wait, I forgot that the ending transports you back in time! MASS EFFECT FIELDS!

Point of order:
    When someone asked about hwat happened to everyone on the Citadel, the developer didn't seem to get that it was a question about what happened to them between the Citadel being stolen and Shepard showing up on it, it was a question about what happens if the Citadel is destroyed.

This seems to imply that Reaper forces never did a ground invasion of the Citadel itself, they just closed up their box and took it to Earth with everyone still on it, because what the Hell are they going to do from in there?

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    RubberAC wrote: »
    smof wrote: »

Let me throw javik out an airlock
    You're terrible.

• Options
    Krogan Vanguards get Barrier? So - so they combine damage resistance with huge shields and Charge?

Ladies

I think we finally found a krogan class for Gold runs

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Krogan vanguards have barrier, charge, and presumably will still have rage?

good god

• Options
    Geth Engineers can recharge their teammates' shields

:shock:

:o

:D

A trap is for fish: when you've got the fish, you can forget the trap. A snare is for rabbits: when you've got the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words.
  • Options
    Wow Geth Engineers are going to get blowjobs from everybody

• Options
    The new classes sound great.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Also apparently krogan vanguard is getting barrier?

...I can see that working. Decreased casting rate so not many charges, but then you can blow barrier as a charge followup?
    The Resurgence Pack will also introduce new consumables as well, including the Strength Enhancer, Targeting VI, Shield Power Cell, and Stabilization Module.

Kana on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    so, perfect gold team?

2 Krogan Vanguards (to kill stuff and not die ever)
    2 Geth engineers (to hang in the back and keep recharging the krogans' shields so they don't ever ever die)

Joolander on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Wyborn wrote: »
    Krogan Vanguards get Barrier? So - so they combine damage resistance with huge shields and Charge?

Ladies

Barrier seems to fortification, but instead of melee damage it explodes like tech armor.

So, basicaly battlemasters are krogan soldiers with charge and the ability to do a large AOE blast

plus whatever their 3rd skill is

which might as well just be reave, lets go all out making this my dream class

ronzo on
  • Options
    tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    gonna play all the new classes, whenever I get them

• Options
    edited April 2012
    ronzo wrote: »
    Wyborn wrote: »

Ladies

Barrier seems to fortification, but instead of melee damage it explodes like tech armor.

So, basicaly battlemasters are krogan soldiers with charge and the ability to do a large AOE blast

plus whatever their 3rd skill is

which might as well just be Wreav, lets go all out making this my dream class

there we go, FTFY

Joolander on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    A consumable to boost my melee damage? Yes pleeeease.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, it sounds like krogan charge will be more to get into the middle of the action, between barrier and presumably rage they'll be really sturdy, but that not be able to constantly charge the way humans can.

Hopefully the geth engineer shield recharging will be at a numeric rate and not %, or it could be absolutely ridiculous for supporting sentinels and krogan.

Sounds like some of these abilities are going to make it a fair bit easier at hunkering down and defending a set location, between healing and nets and defense shields.

I really love that we're getting new gameplay styles with these new races, not just remixes of previous powers. Sounds pretty awesome

EDIT: Also I'm guessing these new consumables will change the way you use consumables, you'll have to slot in the ones you want available and not have access to the others. Which I'm totally cool with, since my quarian engineer will never, ever need an ammo pack

Kana on
  • Options
    there are only two times I ever use ammo packs

1) When I need grenades

2) When the hurricane runs out of bullets mid-banshee killing

I could give them up. Probably Ops packs too, they only really work if you're behind cover anyways. Most of the time I hit one and still die half a second later because whatever shot me went through before the ops pack trigger (but it still consumes an ops pack)

• Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    What is that zappy thing the geth is doing

I want it

Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    Kana wrote: »
    EDIT: Also I'm guessing these new consumables will change the way you use consumables, you'll have to slot in the ones you want available and not have access to the others. Which I'm totally cool with, since my quarian engineer will never, ever need an ammo pack

I think the consumables are the "per match" variety, like using Warp ammo or disruptor rounds or an adrenaline module

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    I think the new consumables are all just armor mod stuff

• Options
    A vanguard that, with Barrier and Rage working, has an effective 4000 health and 5333 shields?

I have a case of the vapors. The vapors. Oh God, give me a krogan with my Katana X, I will go to town

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Dubh wrote: »
    What is that zappy thing the geth is doing

I want it

Their heavy melee, I think.

Seems like an electo version of the Asari heavy melee.

Dux on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Hm. Barriers also slow down cooldowns. But since it'll take forever for krogan to lose shields, I guess that's not a big deal for charge.

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    YES

BATARIAN CLASSES

• Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    I feel like there should be some kind of 'priming' mechanic for the Ops Survival Packs.

Like, you can use it immediately, to instantly restore health. But also prime it so that when your health goes down to zero and you would normally have been downed, it triggers automatically keeping you alive.

Same with the ammo packs, I think. Because I have like 6 medigels and ten rockets, but nearly one hundred of the other two. I always forget to use them/they're awkward to use in the heat of battle.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    They should make a Batarian slave master class

This discussion has been closed.