As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

KOEI Warriors games

• SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    WadeWilson wrote: »
    yalborap wrote: »
    Oh, hey, WO3 question. What's the best thing to do if I'm stunlocked by an enemy? I just lost like half my health because two midbossy types managed to corner me and play catch with my ruined body.

Punch your swap character button (as long as you have any musou in your musou bar) it will call in your teammate for a moment, they'll do some sort of attck, probably a knockdown/back manuver and leave. Hopefully giving you a chance to get back on your feet. It's kinda like calling in an assist in MvC 2 or 3.
    Yep, that. That's assuming you couldn't L1 air recovery out of it anyway.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    I could be blind, dumb or both, but in WO3 is there some sort of meter/gauge/level indicator for weapon compatability?

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    I could be blind, dumb or both, but in WO3 is there some sort of meter/gauge/level indicator for weapon compatability?

It should be in the weapon info when you go to equip it in the preparations screen.

• ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Picked WO3 up over the weekend. It took driving to a couple Gamestops, but I found it! Overall, I'm liking the presentation a lot. I played WO 1 and 2 on PSP and loved those games. The setup in this is pretty straight-forward and I like the branching missions. I've seen some mention of multi in this over XBL. Are people able to do coop on story mode missions? I thought I read somewhere that you can only do multi coop on missions you've unlocked...

Zanshinretsu on
    My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.

It should be in the weapon info when you go to equip it in the preparations screen.
    Doh. It looks like both.

• ringswraithringswraith Registered User regular
    So, is there a place that lists the characters and their movesets?

I'm excited about unlocking characters, but I am rather confused about their moves. My nephew rather by accident discovered Hanbei's "fly through the air with a propeller" move and I've been using him since game start. ^^;

So, is there a place that lists the characters and their movesets?

I'm excited about unlocking characters, but I am rather confused about their moves. My nephew rather by accident discovered Hanbei's "fly through the air with a propeller" move and I've been using him since game start. ^^;
    Officer info, press Square. Movesets develop until Level 20, where you should have everything.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Spectrum wrote: »
    I really should find someone else besides Wang Yuanji, but range, attack, agility, blast and slay+10 weapons really just.. man. chopchopchop.

So since I've never bothered to find out, is there something special in regards to using recommended teams? I've just been kind of rocking who I want through pretty much everything.
    You're missing cutscenes and in-battle conversations from taking the recommended people around the map.

Uh, what cutscenes? I've been playing with a team that's not got anyone in the recommended people for a stage and still get cutscenes and conversations...

• yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    I hate Himiko. That's natural, right? Because, really, fuck her and her murdermusou.

• SquigieSquigie Registered User regular
    I really should find someone else besides Wang Yuanji, but range, attack, agility, blast and slay+10 weapons really just.. man. chopchopchop.

So since I've never bothered to find out, is there something special in regards to using recommended teams? I've just been kind of rocking who I want through pretty much everything.
    You're missing cutscenes and in-battle conversations from taking the recommended people around the map.

Uh, what cutscenes? I've been playing with a team that's not got anyone in the recommended people for a stage and still get cutscenes and conversations...

Some scenes will not play if the characters have been defeated or do not meet up. Using them in your team is a good way to ensure they happen. Not using anyone that appears as an ally in the stage allows your team to gain bond points with all of them, and is a way to get the "complete ten missions in one battle" cheevo. Odawara Castle in chapter 2 works for that.
    I hate Himiko. That's natural, right? Because, really, fuck her and her murdermusou.

Oh yes. Fuck her. Fuck her with a shovel.

Warning: the preceding post may be more sarcastic than it appears. Proceed at own risk. Individual results may vary. Offers not valid in Canada or where prohibited by fraud statutes.
  • ZanshinretsuZanshinretsu About 20% more deathstare Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Oh, hey. This was the second or third mission I did when I picked up the game. We were running 2 player coop and were getting to the part of the mission where Himiko shows up to ambush the rest of the troops. Let's just say it didn't end well when we rolled up and she threw that beam of death musou and the mission promptly ended. *shakes fist*

My studio's main site
    PSN: Zanshiretsu <-- misspelled because I am dumb.
    edited April 2012
    Susanoo's is worse. The SW characters in general are bad about it since their Musous come out much faster than DW Musous, but his seems like it comes out instantly and will murder you if you're right in front.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    I loved playing Himiko in WO2. Still need to get WO3.

Susanoo's is worse. The SW characters in general are bad about it since their Musous come out much faster than DW Musous, but his seems like it comes out instantly and will murder you if you're right in front.

This. A thousand times this. He deserves the shovel more than Himiko.

Jesus, just got my ass brutally kicked on the time-warpy rescue mission to help Saika. Is there a trick to it, or do I just need to bump my levels up more?

Jesus, just got my ass brutally kicked on the time-warpy rescue mission to help Saika. Is there a trick to it, or do I just need to bump my levels up more?

With joan of arc? You kinda have to bounce between the different gates, boosting thier morale/killing the officer then run to the next one.

So I'm pretty sure I saw this in some tutorial somewhere, but how does one get crystals?

Also, is it just me, or is everything small? I can barely read the text on-screen...

So I'm pretty sure I saw this in some tutorial somewhere, but how does one get crystals?

Also, is it just me, or is everything small? I can barely read the text on-screen...
    Use Triple Attacks on large groups of mooks and officers.

XNnw6Gk.jpg

Does difficulty have any bearing on this? I've been playing on Easy while getting their levels up. (What's level cap, btw?)

All I know is that whenever I do my full-bar Triple Attack and POSE, gems leap into my coffers like something something uncomfortable metaphor.

Also, I can't remember his damn name, but the chap with the arm-mounted lightsaber for a weapon is awesome.

Does difficulty have any bearing on this? I've been playing on Easy while getting their levels up. (What's level cap, btw?)
    Supposedly higher difficulty helps, but I haven't had issue getting 1-3 crystals per map on Normal.
    All I know is that whenever I do my full-bar Triple Attack and POSE, gems leap into my coffers like something something uncomfortable metaphor.

Also, I can't remember his damn name, but the chap with the arm-mounted lightsaber for a weapon is awesome.
    Yoshitsune Minamoto. He's also widely regarded as one of the worst characters in the game.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Really? Because I quite like him, from what I've played.

Well I've had 0 crystals and have only been playing on Easy, so that might be why.

Do characters still get a unique final/fourth weapon in this game? Or is it all up to purchasing/fusion?

Really? Because I quite like him, from what I've played.
    He has really crap coverage on his attacks combined with delays before his charge moves.
    Well I've had 0 crystals and have only been playing on Easy, so that might be why.

Do characters still get a unique final/fourth weapon in this game? Or is it all up to purchasing/fusion?
    Sort of. All characters have uniquely named 4 star weapons. However, everyone also has access to at least one Big Star/Special weapon shared between weapon types (so basic sword has a few different ones that are each intended for a given character, but anyone can get them). For every character but Lu Bu and Tadakatsu, the Special weapon will have higher attack if you max its compatibility. Those two have such high attack on their 4 stars that those are higher. Also, Special Weapons often have built-in hidden attributes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    See, the place where I REALLY noticed those kinds of problems was on Ranmaru.

So these BIg Star weapons- I'm guessing drops from officers on Chaos?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I really wish there was a comprehensive list of the hidden effects on big star weapons.

All I know is that Musashi's big star weapon has super crazy reach.

So these BIg Star weapons- I'm guessing drops from officers on Chaos?
    Easier just to buy them (2 maps worth of cash at most) or get them through lottery tickets.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    So, would like some more clarification on WO3 please.

I just realized that picking up a weapon box means all 3 characters on my team get a weapon. Is this the same for all dropped items? Such as experience scrolls, food, wine, stat-up's..?

I have stages that say they require bonds to increase with 3 specific people, and then "initiate a conversation" with them. Does this mean I have to increase bonds of those three to each other, or those three to any one character? And by "initiate a conversation," again- between the three, or as any other character to any of the three? And it looks like the teahouse is the best way to up relationships?

Do all characters end up having the same number of costumes/outfits? I wonder because I have one that has 2 costumes, and another with 4(!)- even though I've used the first character probably 10x as often as the second.

• mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 has so much shit to do in it I'm exploding. Goddammit. That is all.

Oh wait, it isn't. I hate getting everyone to friendship 5. It's taking forever.

"You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    mastrius wrote: »
    Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 has so much shit to do in it I'm exploding. Goddammit. That is all.

Oh wait, it isn't. I hate getting everyone to friendship 5. It's taking forever.

This is literally the worst thing about the game. It is completely random from what I can tell, since they don't have an easily accessible chart showing off where you are. (I mean more like DW7's Bond or I guess even DWG2's meter) Some characters will take forever to go up a rank where others will go up once per battle. I can't make sense of it and it's pretty much the last thing I have to do before my platinum. That and online battles. Which is fucking stupid since they take like 2 minutes to do and then you have to get in a new one, instead of being able to chain a couple together or something. I've had plenty of matches where it takes longer to start than to actually beat it.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Darth_Mogs wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »

This is literally the worst thing about the game.

And it's still better than the system they used in DWG2, where they could go down as well as up. God that was a nightmare.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    So, would like some more clarification on WO3 please.

I just realized that picking up a weapon box means all 3 characters on my team get a weapon. Is this the same for all dropped items? Such as experience scrolls, food, wine, stat-up's..?

I have stages that say they require bonds to increase with 3 specific people, and then "initiate a conversation" with them. Does this mean I have to increase bonds of those three to each other, or those three to any one character? And by "initiate a conversation," again- between the three, or as any other character to any of the three? And it looks like the teahouse is the best way to up relationships?

Do all characters end up having the same number of costumes/outfits? I wonder because I have one that has 2 costumes, and another with 4(!)- even though I've used the first character probably 10x as often as the second.
    1) Weapons are for all people, exp scrolls are for the active character, IIRC buffs are for everyone.

2) Bonds of all three to each other. Initiating a conversation means that once the bonds are at the appropriate level, they *should* show up in camp after the next battle and you just go up and talk. (Best to be controlling one of the characters in question coming out of the last battle.) The teahouse is the easiest way to get bonds but you have to do one battle minimum. Once you get the Moon Viewing Teahouse, it's super easy to get bonds up between specific parties.

3) No. New characters (read: DW7) only have 2 costumes.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    Speaking of bonds and stuff happening in battles...

You know those 'side missions' you can do for other characters (Beat 300 guys in 10 minutes, beat 600 guys and 3 officers, etc.)? The bond increases you get from those, do they go to the entire team or only the one who happened to actually accomplish them?

Speaking of bonds and stuff happening in battles...

You know those 'side missions' you can do for other characters (Beat 300 guys in 10 minutes, beat 600 guys and 3 officers, etc.)? The bond increases you get from those, do they go to the entire team or only the one who happened to actually accomplish them?
    Entire team.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
    Thanks for the info! :D

edited April 2012
    So what stats should I be looking for, for weapons? Right now I'm keeping an eye out for osmosis, brawn, and might.

EDIT: Forgot to add- how are the elements activated in this game? Do they only come out on charge moves and/or with full Musuo meters?

ringswraith on
    So what stats should I be looking for, for weapons? Right now I'm keeping an eye out for osmosis, brawn, and might.

EDIT: Forgot to add- how are the elements activated in this game? Do they only come out on charge moves and/or with full Musuo meters?
    The three that everyone should have are Bolt, Wind, and Slay. After that, Osmosis and Absorption are heavily recommended. Beyond that it's going to be character specific, and on whether you intend to use Brilliance.

Elements are activated on the last attack of your normal string, final hit of charges for most characters (some characters activate elements on all hits of a certain charge attack), and on every attack with Brilliance on the weapon.

XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    So are all 'Mystics' in Warriors Orochi legendary/mythological heroes and beings or are some of them just made up for the games?