As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Options
    DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    Melding wrote: »
    i want to know how it's different. since i will probably never see it.

Because i'm not a monster.

melding how do you respond to allegations that you are actually a frankenstein

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    ffffff

I think I would cry

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    wow

like all of wrex's dialogue is different if you destroyed the cure

with how shitty the ending is it can be kind of easy to forget how impressive everything else up to that point was

explain how

surkesh
    On the shuttle ride over he doesn't even acknowledge the other party members like he does when you have the cure, he just rails against you for destroying the cure

in the next area he has an investigate tree and on several of the choices he twists the question around into something nasty to say to you, like

shepard: who told you about the females?
    wrex: someone more trustworthy than you.
    liara: you know, we used to all be friends.
    wrex: I don't have anything against you, liara. Shepard's the one that stabbed my people in the back.

damn, that's cold.

• Options
    KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Nobody for PSN MP, eh? Not with 3 other people??

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »

She's a mad scientist?

Well, that I can believe.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    wow

with how shitty the ending is it can be kind of easy to forget how impressive everything else up to that point was

It gets even better.
    He has different dialog for a long time if you apologize or don't on the shuttle ride over.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

"Shepard, you're my best friend, and you're doing me a favor. But HOLY SHIT that was a stupid dick move. You owe me one for that, all I'm saying. Still, glad to see you again."

The best bit is at the very end, where Shep can admit that Eve's death was her fault. He not only forgives her, but does his best to make her feel less shitty.

Don't?

He is pissed.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    @Day of the Bear we got three get your ass in here.

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    wow

It gets even better.
    He has different dialog for a long time if you apologize or don't on the shuttle ride over.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

"Shepard, you're my best friend, and you're doing me a favor. But HOLY SHIT that was a stupid dick move. You owe me one for that, all I'm saying. Still, glad to see you again."

The best bit is at the very end, where Shep can admit that Eve's death was her fault. He not only forgives her, but does his best to make her feel less shitty.

Don't?

He is pissed.

Oh my sweet God, is that true?

This game gives me the vapors

dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

Then of course, there's what happens if you choose to
    sabotage the cure

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the games @Bogey and @Crowbawt !

We'll have to play again sometime soon it was a lot of fun.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options

Listen, i needed those body parts to fend off the living dead, not to stitch together to make an unholy abomination. Now if you need me, i will be looking for an non-abnormal brain.

• Options
    Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Baidol wrote: »
    @Day of the Bear we got three get your ass in here.

BUT I'VE GOT TWO BAIDOL!!

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

Yes. I tested through the missions before the genophage cure one more or less on accident, and it's a dramatic difference.

Like the Mordin confrontation?

Go with apology, and he's not angry when he backs off, but he's a little paranoid just because, well, salarians are basically masters of stabbing you in the back. Still, he's willing to take your word and trust Mordin.

Not so happy if you didn't. Instead, he goes for "Right. I can trust him. LIKE I COULD TRUST YOU?"

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    Noooo guys! ME3 is a terrible game made of poop cakes and you should never feel joy while playing it.

By the way, I need videos of the Wrex spoilers. Please!

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So Mass Effect thread, I'm doing the Blue Rose of Illium assignment in ME2. So, ME2->ME3 spoilers:
    Is it better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all?

I'm not so sure anymore :(

Anyway, let me know what I should choose re: the assignment in ME2.

ASimPerson on
  • Options

Listen, i needed those body parts to fend off the living dead, not to stitch together to make an unholy abomination. Now if you need me, i will be looking for an non-abnormal brain.

alt responce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mV_5-bRPo

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    So Mass Effect thread, I'm doing the Blue Rose of Illium assignment in ME2. So, ME2->ME3 spoilers:

keep them together

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    question for the shroud mission
    can you sabotage the cure if you reveal the dalatrass' plan immediately?

because I would like to do that to try and (fail to) regain wrex's loyalty, then sabotage it anyway

• Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular

alt responce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm-upHSP9KU

• Options
    ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Antimatter wrote: »
    ASimPerson wrote: »

keep them together

This is nominally my renegade (note: I am the worst renegade ever) but I decided to use the Charm option.

me3:
    Though that's going to be sad in ME3 again. :(

Edit: christ these news emoticons are terrible

ASimPerson on
  • Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure
    The first time I heard about that was someone mentioning basically losing their shit because they felt absolutely awful about the confrontation with Wrex.

Which is exactly how you SHOULD feel. Sabotaging the cure is a seriously awful thing to do, and I really can't blame Wrex's character for being out for blood over it.

It's even worse for the fact that you can only make this happen by killing Mordin in cold blood.

Just... fuck. That game really punishes you for going the bad guy route.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Gatsby wrote: »

alt responce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2KDrAKfvadM

• Options
    GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular

because I would like to do that to try and (fail to) regain wrex's loyalty, then sabotage it anyway
    I was curious about that on my second playthrough, but no. You have to keep it to yourself until you're in the Shroud. Otherwise, the option to stop Mordin doesn't come up.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Goatmon wrote: »

I was curious about that on my second playthrough, but no. You have to keep it to yourself until you're in the Shroud. Otherwise, the option to stop Mordin doesn't come up.

aw man

• Options
    Except that Shepard isn't even evil when killing
    Mordin

It's a horrible, horrible moment, but it's basically a much more emotionally intense moment of this from Star Trek DS9.

The only difference is, YOU are pulling the trigger. Not someone else.

Even the most 'evil' thing Shepard does is still arguably justifiable.

Inter arma enim silent leges

• Options
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure
    The first time I heard about that was someone mentioning basically losing their shit because they felt absolutely awful about the confrontation with Wrex.

Which is exactly how you SHOULD feel. Sabotaging the cure is a seriously awful thing to do, and I really can't blame Wrex's character for being out for blood over it.

It's even worse for the fact that you can only make this happen by killing Mordin in cold blood.

"bad guy route"

fuck you

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

Not evil.

Just ruthless and long term.

Krogan have absurd birthrates and a genetic affinity towards being, well, homicidal psychopaths. Left alone last time, they ripped the galaxy seven or eight new assholes

Wrex might be able to make a new Tuchanka. One that doesn't threaten other species existence (unless they start something, in which case he's going to build a throne with their skulls. Good guy, but again, Krogan.)

Or he could die. Or fail. Suddenly, you're neck deep in krogan who have a lot of scores to settle and nobody keeping them from the whole "Eat salarian eggs" plan.

And if Wrex and Eve are dead? You can convince Mordin of exactly that. Mordin thinks of the genophage as a necessary evil. If Wrex and Eve are alive, well, it's enough of a chance the whole thing is no longer necessary. Not a guarantee, but his conscience won't let him sit until there's a sure bet. If they aren't?

Then Wreave will probably try to fuck over the entire galaxy in a generation or three, and nothing's going to stop him short of total annihilation.

Show Mordin that, and he's more than willing to go along with sabotage.

• Options
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

sabotaging the cure isn't objectively the wrong thing to do and there are many very good arguments in favor of doing so

most of which mordin himself made back in 2

it's evil but you can very much make the case that it's a necessary evil

• Options
    Really, that scene I posted is Renegade 101.

"And the most damning thing of all is... I think I can live with it."

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular

alt responce:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1mV_5-bRPo

I know I say this every time I see Edgar Winter

but goddamn is he weird-looking

• Options
    Really, that scene I posted is Renegade 101.

"And the most damning thing of all is... I think I can live with it."

Oh yeah.

'course, Shepard can go a few steps further. Or a few dozen.
    Murdering a couple bastards and faking evidence you're pretty sure exists somewhere isn't good, but comparing it to genocide and murdering two of your closest friends, it's small time.

Most renegade action in the game. Easily.

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    renegade shep's actions in ME3 are almost comically evil

like, lord of the sith evil

• Options
    PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

Not evil.

Just ruthless and long term.

Krogan have absurd birthrates and a genetic affinity towards being, well, homicidal psychopaths. Left alone last time, they ripped the galaxy seven or eight new assholes

Wrex might be able to make a new Tuchanka. One that doesn't threaten other species existence (unless they start something, in which case he's going to build a throne with their skulls. Good guy, but again, Krogan.)

Or he could die. Or fail. Suddenly, you're neck deep in krogan who have a lot of scores to settle and nobody keeping them from the whole "Eat salarian eggs" plan.

And if Wrex and Eve are dead? You can convince Mordin of exactly that. Mordin thinks of the genophage as a necessary evil. If Wrex and Eve are alive, well, it's enough of a chance the whole thing is no longer necessary. Not a guarantee, but his conscience won't let him sit until there's a sure bet. If they aren't?

Then Wreave will probably try to fuck over the entire galaxy in a generation or three, and nothing's going to stop him short of total annihilation.

Show Mordin that, and he's more than willing to go along with sabotage.
    It's a short term, short sighted "solution" to enforce the status quo. Fuck the Salarians.

jkZziGc.png
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    renegade shep's actions in ME3 are almost comically evil

like, lord of the sith evil

nah

• Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

sabotaging the cure isn't objectively the wrong thing to do and there are many very good arguments in favor of doing so

Above are ME3 Tuchanka/Shroud spoilers, more below plus general Renegade musings:
    The renegade attitude towards the genophage cure could easily be seen as less dickishly evil and more "sacrificing the few for the benefit of the many" depending on how much you trust the idea that the Krogan won't plunge the entire galaxy into a bloody, perhaps genocidal war of revenge once the Reapers are defeated.

I think that if Wrex dies in ME1 or ME2, Wreav is in charge of Team Krogan and pretty much says this is what will happen.

• Options
    some of them are rather compelling in the details.

like when (tuchonka spoilers)
    shepard shoots mordin and then throws the gun away in disgust.

• Options
    by the point of mass effect 3 the decisions are so complex that they break the paragon/renegade binary

you can make basically any of the big decisions for "paragon" or "renegade" reasons

0BnD8l3.gif
  • Options
    Lawndart wrote: »
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

Above are ME3 Tuchanka/Shroud spoilers, more below plus general Renegade musings:
    The renegade attitude towards the genophage cure could easily be seen as less dickishly evil and more "sacrificing the few for the benefit of the many" depending on how much you trust the idea that the Krogan won't plunge the entire galaxy into a bloody, perhaps genocidal war of revenge once the Reapers are defeated.

I think that if Wrex dies in ME1 or ME2, Wreav is in charge of Team Krogan and pretty much says this is what will happen.
    I think even if you have Wrex you also need Eve to seal the deal

I mean I'm on surkesh right now and wrex is chilling out, taunting the salarians about how they better watch their backs after the genophage is cured, there's a lot of krogan with long memories that aren't as restrained as he is

• Options
    Caulk Bite 6Caulk Bite 6 One of the multitude of Dans infesting this place Registered User regular
    Cambiata wrote: »
    Shorty wrote: »
    oh my god when I said they should give us a krogan vanguard I was joking

I wasn't.

C'mon Bioware, gimme Krogan Infiltrator!

jnij103vqi2i.png
  • Options
    Lawndart wrote: »
    wow

It gets even better.

Do?

Attitude's roughly

Don't?

He is pissed.

sabotage the cure

I think even if you have Wrex you also need Eve to seal the deal

I mean I'm on surkesh right now and wrex is chilling out, taunting the salarians about how they better watch their backs after the genophage is cured, there's a lot of krogan with long memories that aren't as restrained as he is
    And even with Wrex AND Eve I want Mordin on board confirming that the two of them have a fair shot at shaping the krogan into something respectable

padok's just a weird perv I ain't listenin' to him

This discussion has been closed.