As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Xenoblade Chronicles] The Incredible Shulk MARK YOUR GODDAMN SPOILERS

• ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    Yeah shoe I was gonna say it seems perfectly reasonable to have those opinions but then the 3ds and wiiu thing is weird

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Artreus wrote: »
    Yeah shoe I was gonna say it seems perfectly reasonable to have those opinions but then the 3ds and wiiu thing is weird

well I've never not liked a nintendo handheld, and I don't regret buying the 3ds, the library is starting to pick up

and I'm excited about the wii-u because it will have modern graphics and an actual controller, so it'll be more likely to have games I'm interested in from third parties, and I like the potential of the extra screen

so yeah

xmassig2.gif
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    there is still the chance I will get burned on both these things but Kid Icarus Uprising is pretty awesome for a game I didn't have any interest in before hearing other people talk about it

xmassig2.gif
    Hey I'm like 15 hours into persona 3. Any characters I should be not using cause they suck or can I just use whoever I like best.

http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
    Kid Icarus looks so awful to me. Just nothing about it looks appealing from everything I've seen of it. Just the combat and the way it controls and the visuals.

• LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    Hey I'm like 15 hours into persona 3. Any characters I should be not using cause they suck or can I just use whoever I like best.

Just use whoever you like.

Kid Icarus looks so awful to me. Just nothing about it looks appealing from everything I've seen of it. Just the combat and the way it controls and the visuals.

I like the combat, and the visuals are great

I will give you the controls though

the game should be labeled "free arthritis with every purchase"

xmassig2.gif
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    My Wii makes a loud buzzing noise when there is a disk in the system. Apparently I can fix it if I take it apart, but forget that. I will just turn up the volume. Problem solved.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    The Prime trilogy was deleted fairly quickly so it is somewhat rare.

And I have Last Story sitting on my desk but I have to finish Xenoblade first, I think I'm near the end.

Where are you in xenoblade?

In between making that post and this one I have

SERIOUS SPOILERS FOR LATE IN THE GAME
    SERIOUSLY
    Defeated and then made friends with Egil after stopping a future flash involving the destruction of the worldbut then it turns out that Dickson is evil and I'm the vessel for a JRPG villain with dumb wings and a dumber sword.

So don't tell me how much further I have to go (because I want it to be a surprise) but I imagine I am fairly far.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    o k

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Are there any consequences to dying? Aside from getting sent back to the last landmark?

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    nope

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Enemies respawn/regain their health, that's it.

Plus with boss fights you don't have to worry about cutscenes repeating, which is aces.

I KEEP DYING.

I'm in the first cave, and I stop to open a few treasure chests and then suddenly some unusual battle music starts and I'm attacked by a lizard who kills me in a few hits. I didn't even have time to turn around.

IT'S THE FIRST CAVE.

I've died three times in this cave so far.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Sometimes with the time of day changes new monsters can spawn in on top of you. I was chasing a low level monster that was suddenly replaced with a high level one because of the day change.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    That sounds like the miniboss tucked away in a corner, I suggest grinding up some levels against weaker enemies, I know I had to in that cave.

Can somebody explain in a little more detail how to cause a chain attack? I'm fighting metal face and nothing seems to work. Reyn keeps dying and as soon as I revive him he dies again. What exactly am I supposed to do?

The problem is that I can't get my party gauge up when I have to keep reviving Reyn.

Taya wrote: »
    Can somebody explain in a little more detail how to cause a chain attack? I'm fighting metal face and nothing seems to work. Reyn keeps dying and as soon as I revive him he dies again. What exactly am I supposed to do?

Chain attacks involve maxing out the blue gauge at the top (the party gauge) by using arts well. So attacking from behind with back slash, for example.

Once it's maxed out select your central talent art and hit up until the chain attack option comes up. Activate it and use a move that triggers break, then use Reyn's Wild Down to topple.

With building it up you need to ensure Reyn is getting aggro for attacks and you are using Light Heal to keep him healthy. Have you upgraded your team's arts yet?

Actually I got it.

The trick is to keep him dead.

friendship 101

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    I am picking this game up today at gamestop after work because I am a shameless consumer. I am excite for japanese pretty people running around with big hair, big swords, and small clothes, but with british voice casting!

hair is pretty reasonable, at least.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Taya wrote: »
    I KEEP DYING.

I'm in the first cave, and I stop to open a few treasure chests and then suddenly some unusual battle music starts and I'm attacked by a lizard who kills me in a few hits. I didn't even have time to turn around.

IT'S THE FIRST CAVE.

I've died three times in this cave so far.

There's one fight in that cave that killed me a few times until I learned to use the Taunt/Pull enemy option instead of start battle to pull all the normals away from the mini boss one by one so that when I took the main guy on I didn't end up bringing a bunch of smaller guys into the fight as well.

akajaybay on
    I think I'm finally getting the hang of battles. They keep introducing more and more features and mechanics though.

It's also pretty easy to get sidetracked crippled by quests. I think I'm close to the next location, but I want to turn around and complete some quests that I accepted. As soon as I complete a quest, I accept two or three more.

Yeah, there are a lot of mechanics that show up at that point, don't forget that you can re-read any of them from the menu.

• ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    this game looks owny

• CorporateLogoCorporateLogo The toilet knows how I feelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So I picked up my preorder today, not bothering to look through the artbook since I'm assuming it spoils the whole game

When I got back it turns out my rechargeable battery packs no longer work : /

Anyone got a recommendation for replacements?

CorporateLogo on
    Do not have a cow, mortal.

c9PXgFo.jpg
  • SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    my preorder is backordered

crap

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    The game has made its way to my mail slot.

It's on!

• NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »
    my preorder is backordered

crap

now it is suddenly changed to shipping

nintendo don't play with my heartstrings

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • AretèAretè infiltrating neo zeed compoundRegistered User regular
    screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew edge!

haha, i put on the english voices because i wasnt sure if the audible cues would help with chain attacks and i was generally curious if i was missing anything interesting ambient chatter between party members.

now i dont want to turn it off because this game sounds like harry potter the final fantasy years

• WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    I SEE A BUNCH OF JOKAHS

Ok, that was both funny and incredibly mean, game

SUPER LATE GAME SPOILERS
    So as it turns out using that special art (Final Cross?) that Fiora has after her power source is gone results in instant death and a re-load. I wasn't even controlling her, but I decided to use it during a chain attack.

This game purchased. Forgot to get the controller with it though so i'm gonna have to pick one up

• WhytherWhyther Registered User regular
    I think you can play it with just the remote+nunchuk? I just ordered a copy from Nintendo and I'm pretty excited.

I mean I know you can but I don't think I want to

• CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    The remote/nunchuck set up is fine save for when you want to move and zoom the camera around. You have to hold "c" on the nunchuck and then use the dpad on the remote which is kind of clunky. If you have a CC it's probably preferable (I might actually get one now that i've started this game).

• freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    I got this game and a Classic Controller Pro (and I actually bought my first Wii with a bunch of games) last week and it's working out pretty great. The combat is surprisingly fun and even though it plays like a single player MMO, I think that's what I've wanted all along cause I always just try to solo.

The only thing that gets to me a little is how dumb the dialogue can be at points, and when they insist on flashing back to one moment three or four times within a couple of hours. I KNOW ALREADY