As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Syrup

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    that's how genetics works

gets the dad's father, the mother's coloration

Hate when you get the dads father.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    When I got my dads father I was like aw man this is lame

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    this song is ok

i like the album art because it's so silly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsQDxwtnmBU

follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Kagera wrote: »
    the worst part was definitely magneto at the end

oh man that was goofy

january jones in a pushup bra has a pretty great rack though

Too bad about the acting, lack thereof.

"Acting was never an option" - Magneto

• Options
    Mim wrote: »

oh man that was goofy

Oh great now you guys are finishing each others posts. Please leave me out of all this.

• Options
    edited April 2012

oh man that was goofy

Oh great now you guys are finishing each others posts. Please let me get up in all of this.

Mim on
  • Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Podly wrote: »
    it's a doggy dog world out there

Heart.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    I watched First Class last night. It was mostly fucking amazing. Best XMen movie. Michael Fassbender is crazy hot.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Ok so I just started watching OS 117 and from the first bit of dialogue, it's great.

The nazis are speaking french because there's english subtitles. Brilliant!

I love that series so much. There are rumors of a third.

Also, him and his best friend on the beach.

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I watched First Class last night. It was mostly fucking amazing. Best XMen movie. Michael Fassbender is crazy hot.

What about X-Men 2.

• Options
    Oh yeah Poldy there is an MAudio 25 for $40 on EBay. I don't think I'll do a lot with it, mostly just for fun. Is this good deal? Or maybe there is a cuter and cheaper solution.

• Options

oh man that was goofy

Oh great now you guys are finishing each others posts. Please let me get up in all of this.

No brah no

• Options

What about X-Men 2.

Nope.

I liked the other XMen movies but they were always a bit campy. This one actually stood on its own without relying on its IP, in my opinion.

• Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Wow, thanks to Sengoku Basara, i actually checked stuff out on wikipedia. It's funny how giant robots and magic can make me want to learn more about history.

• Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    Elki wrote: »
    Ok so I just started watching OS 117 and from the first bit of dialogue, it's great.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
    Jean Dujardin should've won Best Actor for OSS 117, not "The artist".

• Options
    Oh yeah Poldy there is an MAudio 25 for $40 on EBay. I don't think I'll do a lot with it, mostly just for fun. Is this good deal? Or maybe there is a cuter and cheaper solution.

The oxygen or the axiom? And what generation -- is it black or silver?

Doesn't really matter though. I used an oxygen8 for YEARS as my only controller. They're workhorses. Do it!

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    gonna watch a Rifftraxxed New Moon tonight. It's gonna be awesome!

• Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Elki wrote: »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh hey, free on amazon prime. perhaps I shall check it out on my large screen tv at some point thanks to amazon prime's availability on the PS3.

• Options

Doesn't really matter though. I used an oxygen8 for YEARS as my only controller. They're workhorses. Do it!

Oxygen. I think it's a later generation. Black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/M-Audio-Oxygen-25-MIDI-controller-/300690457246?pt=Keyboards_MIDI&hash=item46028c429e#payId

I just wish I didn't have to go through eBay.

• Options

So I bought this thing just to troll sarks. What is it for?

• Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    You know what I want to know? In an age of basically infinite storage, why, when games cut to pre-rendered cutscenes, are they never stored in HDTV format?

I mean like, 90% of gamers are running no higher then 1080p. Given the length of the scenes, they could easily spare the few hundred megs or so to store a Blu-Ray quality cutscene (and, I suspect, you could shrink that considerably with fre obvious compression artifacts with some careful use of x264).

• Options
    RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    You know what I want to know? In an age of basically infinite storage, why, when games cut to pre-rendered cutscenes, are they never stored in HDTV format?

I mean like, 90% of gamers are running no higher then 1080p. Given the length of the scenes, they could easily spare the few hundred megs or so to store a Blu-Ray quality cutscene (and, I suspect, you could shrink that considerably with fre obvious compression artifacts with some careful use of x264).

video codecs ain't cheap. Especially h.264.

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
  • Options
    What's a good max. $75?

• Options

Is h.264 really that expensive to license?

I mean, people already license Bink all the damn time - apparently because it's decoding requirements are low, but that seems odd when you've going to FMV in a modern game which easily has similar demands to decoding h264.

• Options
    Nice! just use a sniping site and don't spend more the $60.

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    I don't know how to use a sniping site. Was just gonna wait until 30 seconds until the end and hope the other guy(s) don't know how to use eBay.

• Options
    What's a good max. $75?

:i

• Options
    listening to an older song I wrote using said oxygen 8

it had the potential to be really good!

but JAYSUS i knew nothing about arrangement/engineering/mixing

9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Ugh, I ordered this flex-cable assembly because the power switch on my original one was damaged during my re-assembly after fixing another part of my phone. The one that I was shipped... it has a bad power switch (a common problem with these phones). Bastards. Oh well, it was time to upgrade phones anyway. This one is now development platform only.

• Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular

This is why you steal

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Oh man, I slept the afternoon away.

I guess I needed it, though.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I need it

too bad I didn't get it

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited April 2012
    Elldren wrote: »
    Jacobkosh wrote: »

I need it

too bad I didn't get it

aw

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Elldren wrote: »

This is why you steal

It's not even true. This is the fee structure for using H.264 in a software product:

Branded encoder and decoder products sold both to end users and on an OEM basis for incorporation into personal computers but not part of an operating system:

$0 for 0 - 100,000 units each year
    $0.20 per unit after first 100,000 units each year
    $0.10 per unit after first 5,000,000 units each year
    The maximum annual royalty of $6.5 million

Keep in mind, that doesn't mean that they pay every year in perpetuity (which wouldn't make sense) but that the counts that jump you up and down a bracket reset each year. So if you never sell more than 100k copies of a given product each year, you never pay anything. And there are no licensing terms for free products.

Edit: Not to mention, if you use Mac OS X, Win 7, PS3, XBox 360, iOS, Android, or Windows phone as your platform, there are free decoders for H.264 in the OS/firmware that you don't have to pay a dime to use.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Just lay down and put this on, always puts me right to sleep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBvkibKmMxg

• Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Hello folks.

• Options
    Oh my. The local burmese cat found a way to climb up to the second floor balcony where my brother's girlfriend's cat lives. I had to smuggle it back out before there was a rather vicious cat fight.

Also, Imageshack doesn't seem to work with rightload any more. What are people using these days?

This discussion has been closed.