As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Community: Season 4 Premiere February 7, Old Timeslot

• VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    great comparison

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • NappuccinoNappuccino Surveyor of Things and Stuff Registered User regular
    That poor kid who plays Joffery. Apparently he gets death threats on a regular basis.

Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    There's also the possibility you just can't really grow a bear like other guys.

Not even BEAR vaginas can defeat me!
    cakemikz wrote: »
    And then I rub actual cake on myself.
    Loomdun wrote: »
    thats why you have chest helmets
  • Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Nappuccino wrote: »
    That poor kid who plays Joffery. Apparently he gets death threats on a regular basis.

Those people make ordinary fans look bad. :evil:

• MusicoolMusicool Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Geez. People who can't separate a character from an actor. It's a really frustrating kind of stupid. Like all the hate and even assaults on that really good Aeris cosplayer because people just really hate Aeris.

Musicool on
    Burtletoy wrote: »
    I disagree completely.

hAmmONd IsnT A mAin TAnk
    unbelievablejugsphp.png
  • Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular
    Man, the Huge awards must LOVE Dr. Who.

to be fair, the only other good science fiction show I know of on the air right now is Fringe

You should watch Eureka and Warehouse 13.

• electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    Musicool wrote: »

Geez. People who can't separate a character from an actor. It's a really frustrating kind of stupid. Like all the hate and even assaults on that really good Aeris cosplayer because people just really hate Aeris.

D: to both of these.

Eureka isn't science fiction. Eureka is the Jack Carter and Henry Blake show.

It used to be the Jack Carter, Nathan Stark and Henry Blake power hour.

And either way, it's awesome as hell.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular

Well, that actor probably is a dick, he plays a dick so well. He deserves... crap...I've gone round the bend, haven't I?

Deebaser wrote: »

Well, that actor probably is a dick, he plays a dick so well. He deserves... crap...I've gone round the bend, haven't I?

He's probably super-conscientious about not being a dick in his day to day life. I mean, presumably you'd have to be - it's the type of character you'd really want to cast off after a take.

• DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Unless he's bitter from all the "normal" people that involuntarily scowl at him on the street.

I'm just saying, I have no idea what the actor's name is, but if a friend said "Check it out! There's Joffrey!"
    Initial, reaction would be :x
    EDIT: Smileys appear to be fucked. THANKS VANILLA

Deebaser on
  • iguanacusiguanacus Desert PlanetRegistered User regular

I was really hoping that
    when they changed the timeline that we'd be getting Stark back.
    The back and forth between Carter and Stark was fantastic

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Karrde1842 wrote: »

to be fair, the only other good science fiction show I know of on the air right now is Fringe

I thought Eureka was over? In any case, both those shows are pretty goofy from what I've seen. Are they anywhere near as good as Fringe?

Centipede Damascus on

Of course it's science fiction. The show is about scientists and inventors making insane technology not wizards creating magic with their wands. Carter's the Badass Normal who has to save the town from whenever their technology malfunctions into homicidal death machines. Hank Pym better not move there. He might build something worse than Ultron. :shock:

I thought Eureka was over? In any case, both those shows are pretty goofy from what I've seen. Are they anywhere near as good as Fringe?

The last season is starting soon.

• Karrde1842Karrde1842 Registered User regular

The last season is starting soon.

Final season of Eureka starts Monday, April 16th, at 9/8c.

edited April 2012

According to G.R.R. Martin himself, the actor is a super sweet kid.

Plus he knows Batman so he can't be all that bad.

Nappuccino on
    Like to write? Want to get e-published? Give us a look-see at http://wednesdaynightwrites.com/

• Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    i dont know if its been said...but i love that troy and abed bother to take the imaginary hats off.

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    That was a great detail. It made Abed's "We're not kids Jeff" line (or whatever it was) mean not that the imaginary hats didn't exist, but that the conflict was too great for the hats to overcome.

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular

Eureka was entertaining early on when it was more serious, and I did like the time travel episode with Balter, but everything is so silly now that you actually have an episode where you actually have Santa Claus as a physicist. Played by Chris Parnell. It's also very, very formulaic (The major experiment is just a red herring, the real cause of the problem is that smaller experiment that was mentioned in an off-hand comment and completely ignored). Another problem is that the physics isn't simply inaccurate from a physics standpoint, it's also completely counterintuitive and arbitrary.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    Great. Every time I see Joel McHale I can't not think of Jeff's persona. He's the new Jan Itor.

V0Gug2h.png
  • psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    off has two f's

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular

Eureka was entertaining early on when it was more serious, and I did like the time travel episode with Balter, but everything is so silly now that you actually have an episode where you actually have Santa Claus as a physicist. Played by Chris Parnell. It's also very, very formulaic (The major experiment is just a red herring, the real cause of the problem is that smaller experiment that was mentioned in an off-hand comment and completely ignored). Another problem is that the physics isn't simply inaccurate from a physics standpoint, it's also completely counterintuitive and arbitrary.

Again, Eureka isn't science fiction. The 'science' is magic, for all the sense it makes. The whole point of the show is that it's a lighthearted, disaster-of-the-week affair. It's a sweet show, meaning, warm, friendly. A nice hour to celebrate nerddom in general (yay nerds using their brains somehow to both create and solve nerdy problems!), watch Global Dynamics create some kind of off-the-wall problem, and see Jack Carter, Henry Blake, and Elisa Masa exchange banter and solve it all by minute 54.

Sometimes it's okay to have the TV equivalent of potato chips.

---

Regarding the 3DS ad, I think it carries on a bit too long. Specifically, it takes a while for it to get going. That said, yeah, it's funny seeing Joel playing a Jeff-like version of himself in the ad. I can't help but wonder how similar Joel is to Jeff. I don't know much about him outside of Community and The Soup.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    If you want to learn a little more about Joel, go to Hulu and watch 'A Day in the Life'. New episode is all about him, and shows him shooting The Soup and Community. They're actually shooting the final episode, which means it contains some HUGE SPOILERS! Which I am about to share. In the spoiler thing coming up.

There's a legal battle between Pierce (with Rob Courdry as his lawyer) versus Shirley (with Jeff). I assume it has something to do with their business.

It's not a real court, of course, because the Dean (in one of those ridiculously huge white wigs) is the judge. He's also apparently wearing a white dress instead of a robe.

And here's the big spoiler...
    Evil Abed shows up with a bone saw to cut off Jeff's arm to recreate the darkest timeline. Or maybe to prepare Jeff for his replacement by one-armed Evil Jeff.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    so finally saw last weeks episode of community after it was preempted by a baseball game going for 16 innings near where I'm at for school then being in constantly out and running around during break.

Anyway... that was sublimely amazing. I don't even have anything productive to ad to quantify that statement.

Nightslyr wrote: »

Again, Eureka isn't science fiction. The 'science' is magic, for all the sense it makes. The whole point of the show is that it's a lighthearted, disaster-of-the-week affair. It's a sweet show, meaning, warm, friendly. A nice hour to celebrate nerddom in general (yay nerds using their brains somehow to both create and solve nerdy problems!), watch Global Dynamics create some kind of off-the-wall problem, and see Jack Carter, Henry Blake, and Elisa Masa exchange banter and solve it all by minute 54.

Sometimes it's okay to have the TV equivalent of potato chips.

Eureka doesn't have to be extremely accurate with how science or physics works to be still be in the science fiction genre. There's not going to be a wizard showing up one day revealing all the geniuses are wizards. Many scientists are probably alphas, however.

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    McHale cracks me up. He is such a fancy pants.

I would be cool if he someday he played Face in the A-Team. It would be a different spin on it. When he is older, he could also play Hannibal.

Krathoon on
  • bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Jeff=Face
    Pierce=Hannibal
    Abed=Murdock
    Troy=BA
    Abed and Pierce could switch

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Jeff=Face
    Pierce=Hannibal
    Abed=Murdock
    Troy=BA

Wouldn't Shirley be BA?

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Jeff=Face
    Pierce=Hannibal
    Abed=Murdock
    Troy=BA

Wouldn't Shirley be BA?

In the female version
    Shirley=BA
    Annie=Face
    Britta=Hannibal
    Dean=Murdock

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    Jeff=Face
    Pierce=Hannibal
    Abed=Murdock
    Troy=BA

Wouldn't Shirley be BA?

In the female version
    Shirley=BA
    Annie=Face
    Britta=Hannibal
    Dean=Murdock

That only works if you think plans coming together is the worst.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • FecklessRogueFecklessRogue Registered User regular
    Jeff as Face, sure, but Pierce is obviously BA. He is always cranky, he snaps at people, he is prone to snarling, he talks nonsense, and in his pillow-monster form he is an unstoppable murder machine.

My preference is for Abed as Hannibal and Troy as the reporter person who followed them around for a while. Chang is already Murdock.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    What in the world happened to this thread?

• Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    There's now another (older) angry Chevy voicemail out there. I'm not going to link to it, but I'm mentioning it because it's from March 2011, and it's Chevy making exactly the same complaints as the most recent interview/situation - the show is too much of a mediocre sitcom, it's not his kind of comedy, all of his stuff (which is what the people want and what is actually funny) is being edited out to focus on shit people don't care about, like story/plot and Jeff/Britta's relationship, etc. and he even makes a similar "if the show comes back, I won't be there" statement.

The point being, if you're worried that this new incident was some sort of tipping point, no, this has been going on since at least before S3, and yet, Chevy came back.

People that think Pierce isn't BA are racist.

edited April 2012
    Im curious how much of the Drugs PSA episode was adlibbed by Chevy. I'm going to assume all of it.

Deebaser on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Im curious how much of the Drugs PSA episode was adlibbed by Chevy.

I can kind of see when things are specifically Chevy driven things that the show lets him do.

For instance, that tag recently with Pierce and the soft serve machine? That's Chevy's standard physical comedy stuff, the same with having trouble eating the chicken fingers, or even the hot dog scene in the pilot episode.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    That soft serve tag was an incredibly funny bit of comedy.

That soft serve tag was an incredibly funny bit of comedy.

I love love love that the machine started giving out the perfect cone swirl right when he leaves.