As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Strength.Training.Guile. [Mass Effect].The Special Tasks Group needs you.USE SPOILER TAGS

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    ME3 romance question
    you can go gay for Kaidan? Do you have to not have romanced any ladies previously?

Also re: Alpha Protocol as people were discussing it, I have it and started playing it but stopped pretty early. If I were to pick it up again what are some tips for making the combat as tolerable as possible so I can just enjoy the dialogue stuff. I like playing sneaky stealth type characters and would be down with focussing on unarmed combat if that is feasible, or should I go for pistols?

• Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    Pistols are the way to go. Chain shot ruins everyone

Also, play on easy. No shame in it, some of the stuff in that game is straight bullshit.

xmassig2.gif
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    smof wrote: »
    ME3 romance question
    you can go gay for Kaidan? Do you have to not have romanced any ladies previously?
    Yes, and I think he'll try to make a move on you if you're nice to him when he's the in the hospital.

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I actually really liked that they went for a smaller scope in da2.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I did, too, at first!

But they didn't explore nearly as much as I would have liked, in the things not directly correlating to the story at large.

Like Flemeth. Witch Hunt ended with some very strong suggestions regarding Flemeth, and I expected her to have a much bigger involvement in the plot. I was not expecting her to pretty much disappear after her first appearance, save one brief cameo at the end of a mission later on.

I mean, really. I found her to be more intruiging than any character introduced in DA2, and yet they could have removed her entirely from the game and it would have changed nothing.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    ooh we talking about DA2 in here

cause DA2 rules

PNk1Ml4.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Whichever fucker thought that spamming chat notification noises over voice just now,

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

someday

someday a long time from now people will learn to appreciate DA2

and then old man me will smile that his video game opinions were vindicated

PNk1Ml4.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Also, it was really REALLY dumb to create a huge potential plot point at the end of Origins, only to never really expand upon it simply because some players wouldn't ever have that happen in their game.

By which I mean the
    old god reincarnated baby that she carries if you or alistair/loghain do the deed with her before the big battle.

That very idea would have HUGE ramifications, but because it is not something that necessarily happens, it is by default impossible for them to make it a relevant thing in any of the games, since they can't devote a lot of resources to something that might not come up in a lot of people's playthrough.

I find it really dumb, and I want to know what happened to my Warden's son, and I never ever will, and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    ASimPerson wrote: »
    ME3 romance question
    Yes, and I think he'll try to make a move on you if you're nice to him when he's the in the hospital.

Huh.
    I was nice to him in hospital but never noticed any sign he was into me.

Maybe if you shut down Cortez by saying you like ladies the game also rules out Kaidan.

Or my Shepard is super oblivious.

Arc pistol you are my nemesis.

Always taking up space in the premium spectre packs that could go to more useful things.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Also, it was really REALLY dumb to create a huge potential plot point at the end of Origins, only to never really expand upon it simply because some players wouldn't ever have that happen in their game.

By which I mean the
    old god reincarnated baby that she carries if you or alistair/loghain do the deed with her before the big battle.

That very idea would have HUGE ramifications, but because it is not something that necessarily happens, it is by default impossible for them to make it a relevant thing in any of the games, since they can't devote a lot of resources to something that might not come up in a lot of people's playthrough.

I find it really dumb, and I want to know what happened to my Warden's son, and I never ever will, and fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

turns out you shot a blank

bam, problem solved

PNk1Ml4.png
    Weaver wrote: »
    Whichever fucker thought that spamming chat notification noises over voice just now,

Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

edit: Dude didn't have puch-to-talk enabled and it was his mic getting bumbed. Sorry for being grumpy dude, you're rad.

man

I hope all the DA2 bitching doesn't mean DA3 will be some generic-ass fantasy again like Origins

they got a bunch of stuff set up, time for the payoff of this loosely connected pseudo-trilogy

PNk1Ml4.png
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    interview talk (warning shoe: includes talking about the ending!!)
    that was pretty disappointing

a lot of just kinda glossing over things, handwaving stuff away

like everyone actually survived the citadel getting attacked and exploding after all? really?

I mean it's not his fault, god damn I would hate to be put on damage control for that ending
    ME3 romance question

Huh.

Maybe if you shut down Cortez by saying you like ladies the game also rules out Kaidan.

I romanced tali and kaidan still asked me if I would date him

• tayvaantayvaan I always like to savor the last shot before popping the heat sinkRegistered User regular
    DA2 was a very mediocre game

It had nice party interactions and combat was ok but the story was kinda dumb, the templar/mage thing was particularly poorly handled imo.

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Is this ME thread full of speculation like G&T?

Because I just want to find more 360 users.

The valiant is a pretty okay gun.

Pretty

Okay

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    Dichotomy wrote: »
    interview talk (warning shoe: includes talking about the ending!!)
    that was pretty disappointing

a lot of just kinda glossing over things, handwaving stuff away

like everyone actually survived the citadel getting attacked and exploding after all? really?

I mean it's not his fault, god damn I would hate to be put on damage control for that ending
    ME3 romance question

Huh.

I romanced tali and kaidan still asked me if I would date him
    Yeah, I don't remember if Kaiden asked me before I "locked-in" with Tali in ME3, so I'm not sure on that front. I didn't talk to Cortez either. All I know is that I was nice to him and bought him the booze at the hospital. But you will know because he'll actually show up at the cafe on the Citadel, talk about how lonely he is, and then awkwardly hit on you.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

Pretty

Okay

Infiltrator specced towards all of the damage bonuses.

I cannot emphasise this enough.

• PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    PS I love DA2 in spite of its undeniable flaws.

I was a mage and even then Fenris became a bro by the end.

edited April 2012

Pretty

Okay

Just been messin' around on my engineer with it. I'll spec up an infiltrator later on prolly.

It just strikes the right balance between being powerful, but still fast and effective for close in stuff. Normally I can't use sniper rifles in most games because I'm a wretched shot but it's been working out just fine so far.

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • MuzzmuzzMuzzmuzz Registered User regular
    Ambient Conversation Spoilers... and Rannoch mission
    Wait, Taky did that (I've never actually posted in response to you Taky, but I've seen your posts from months before)? Dammit....you bastard. You put me through the emotional wringer with the Quarian on Tali's mission "Mommy loves you very much!" (at least I think you were the one responsible for it, it's been a while). And now this shit. Also, is it true that Shepard meets the above mentioned Quarian kid's dying father on Rannoch? If so.... *sob*

DotB's mic is busted, Goatmon's is half busted

Anyone mind doing the searching that I don't feel like doing right now and tossing up some decent PC mic/headset mic deals?

Thanks for the games weaver

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    I just hosted and shot at things. You rocked the top score.

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    Muzzmuzz wrote: »
    Ambient Conversation Spoilers... and Rannoch mission
    Wait, Taky did that (I've never actually posted in response to you Taky, but I've seen your posts from months before)? Dammit....you bastard. You put me through the emotional wringer with the Quarian on Tali's mission "Mommy loves you very much!" (at least I think you were the one responsible for it, it's been a while). And now this shit. Also, is it true that Shepard meets the above mentioned Quarian kid's dying father on Rannoch? If so.... *sob*

That happens, yeah
    tears for Jonah, everybody

"Take care of Daddy"

and then

dN0T6ur.png

Pretty

Okay

Just been messin' around on my engineer with it. I'll spec up an infiltrator later on prolly.

It just strikes the right balance between being powerful, but still fast and effective for close in stuff. Normally I can't use sniper rifles in most games because I'm a wretched shot but it's been working out just fine so far.

I don't normally snipe either (the Raptor doesn't really count since it's essentially an assault rifle) but it is worth it for the sheer stopping power the Valiant has.

I went with a human and maxed out cloak and my passives, with some points in cryo blast and sticky grenades as backup. You sacrifice cloak longevity by focusing purely on damage bonuses but it's a good trade-off. Oh and I took extended barrel/piercing.

This game convinced me I have too many feelings. Just, in general.
    Who was responsible for the whole Char/Ereba story? They're a son of a bitch

A glorious, wonderful, horrible son of a bitch

I bet they're responsible for Jonah's father dying, too, which just got to me again, but Char and Ereba I had a deeper connection to

This game is just so full of loss

dN0T6ur.png
    I use extended barrel/piercing on everything except my turian sent's phaeston. Stability/extended barrel there because I don't have piercing for assault rifles yet.

Just spec'd up one of my human infiltrators for pure sniper damage. I'll give it a spin and see what it can do.

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    When do the super spectre packs go away?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah Weaver, we gotta do this again. Quadgineers on Bronze was fun.

sig.gif
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    Wyborn wrote: »

I bet they're responsible for Jonah's father dying, too, which just got to me again, but Char and Ereba I had a deeper connection to

You'd be right
    both are written by Patrick Weekes

Dox the PI wrote: »

You'd be right

Gonna write him an angry letter stained with my tears

The angriest S.W.A.K. ever

dN0T6ur.png
  • DHSDHS Chase lizards.. ...bark at donkeys..Registered User regular
    Dox the PI wrote: »

You'd be right
    Jona'Hazt is gonna be fucking Quarian Batman.

"Grip 'em up, grip 'em, grip 'em good, said the Gryphon... to the pig."
  • biggitiobiggitio Registered User regular
    One of DAII's biggest problems was coming after DA:O. It did some really cool and interesting things, but people were a bit taken aback by how different the game was than the original (though the short development cycle certainly caused issues). Overall, I think it was an acceptable game.

And speaking of RPGs, I am currently playing the original Fallout for the first time. There is a definite gap in my PC gaming history due to EverQuest/N64/PX1 during my high school years.

• ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    aw man, the streak of spectre packs without the geth pulse rifle is over :cry:

• OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    obsidian really, really blows

• Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    DA2 is actually pretty amazing for a game with an 8 month production cycle. That's just an insanely short amount of time to get a game that long out.

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    I keep hearing different production cycles for DA2

"oh it was made in a year"

"18 Months!"

"8 months"

"8 very busy days"

This discussion has been closed.