As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

League of Legends: This is apparently the NOT buggy version of the patch.

• ArkadyArkady Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Mordekaiser pick.

hue hue

I bet those guys with the huehuehue signs flipped their shit.

untitled-1.jpg
    LoL: failboattootoot
  • SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I'm waiting for team metal. They just have to make a Pentakill skin for Hecarim.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    I don't know how to classify LoL, I can play coop vs AI and dominate by every metric but then play against players and get assist trained by perfectly coordinated CCs every single fucking game, making PVP a non-option

Doesn't this game have any kind of matchmaking system? How do I do leagues or whatever? I keep getting against preform teams that are clearly on voice chat with each other and have been playing this forever

Play Co-Op until level 10~ish. That's when all the smurfs disappear.

• DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    I don't know how to classify LoL, I can play coop vs AI and dominate by every metric but then play against players and get assist trained by perfectly coordinated CCs every single fucking game, making PVP a non-option

Doesn't this game have any kind of matchmaking system? How do I do leagues or whatever? I keep getting against preform teams that are clearly on voice chat with each other and have been playing this forever

You just need to pvp until you get the hang of it. Co-op does not give you any skills useful in the real game. If you're solo queuing they probably aren't a premade. There's a general kill order you always focus if you get the opportunity, squishies first, if they aren't guarded.

1208768734831.jpg
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    If you aren't queueing up with other people then you most certainly aren't playing against premade teams.

If you're still levelling up then yes, the MM is sadly tragic. At least you only have to play about 250 games for 30!

:bz

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh god the trap setup... I love it.

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    yessss CLG poke comp

that's what i wanna see

• RiusRius Globex CEO Nobody ever says ItalyRegistered User regular
    holy moly, that Scarra Morde turnaround and counterkill on Kog'Maw. Chase me into my turret, will ya?

dignitas is going to have to outplay real hard to win this one, i think

they have no way of dealing with poke comp because soraka is banned out, and janna disengage it going to make it really hard for them to go in at all

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2012

Try intermediate bots. Beginner bots are smart as a a sack of doorknobs.

Echo on
    smitevicious

• programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    Arikado wrote: »
    Mordekaiser pick.

hue hue

That mord not using his ghost's manual control.

Echo wrote: »

Intermediate bots are also braindead. Their AI is simply DIVE DIVE DIVE DIVE.

1208768734831.jpg
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Rami wrote: »
    If you aren't queueing up with other people then you most certainly aren't playing against premade teams.

If you're still levelling up then yes, the MM is sadly tragic. At least you only have to play about 250 games for 30!

Yeah I play with friends

It's a shame this game doesn't have the ability to play matches that put you against others of equal skill, I have absolutely no idea how its so popular. I mean I can play starcraft at any skill level and face roughly equal players.

Edit: also you get punished for leaving a game that you have no chance of winning

override367 on

I've actually lost to them!

Granted, that was due to a team that was as smart as a sack of doorknobs.

I've actually lost to them!

Granted, that was due to a team that was as smart as a sack of doorknobs.

i will not stand for this doorknob discrimination

True. I sincerely apologize to doorknobs everywhere for comparing them to the average LoL player.

and the collective blood pressure of dignitas rises as they realize they have no way to handle poke comp + nid split push

also, qtpie #1 suicidal engage

Chalice on Nidalee? Nifty.

lol @ that lee sin initiate

Carnarvon wrote: »
    Chalice on Nidalee? Nifty.

lol @ that lee sin initiate

starting to feel like teams are figuring out voyboy has an itchy trigger finger and that he's gonna randomly engage like a retard at some point in every game

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

Yeah I play with friends

It's a shame this game doesn't have the ability to play matches that put you against others of equal skill, I have absolutely no idea how its so popular. I mean I can play starcraft at any skill level and face roughly equal players.

Edit: also you get punished for leaving a game that you have no chance of winning

Bots are only useful for learning the mechanics of the game, you will not learn any useful strategies or how to deal with intelligent players by fighting bots. If anything it will teach you bad habits. You need to play against other players, and play against them often. LoL has a steep learning curve and you will lose a lot, it will also take some time to unlearn the bad habits you have picked up in Coop vs Ai. I really hope you haven't gotten to lvl 30 just playing bots or you will have a really hard time.

At this point you really should just start playing normal games, play with your friends (Provided they are the same level or else you will screw up the matchmaking system) and just get some experience under your belt. You'll get there eventually but it takes time. You are supposed to use the 1-30 levels to learn this stuff and once you get 30 the matchmaking will be able to match you more accurately (provided you are queueing with similarly skilled friends, otherwise again you'll mess with the matchmaking)

And yes you get punished for leaving a game because you are putting the rest of the players in a worse position. Just because you think the game is over does not give you the right to throw it for your teammates. If everyone on your team thinks it is over you can surrender. There is never any reason to leave a game and it should absolutely be punished for.

*Edit* However if you are not having fun then don't play the game. At the end of the day people play the game to have fun, if you really aren't enjoying it it could just not be the game for you, you shouldn't force yourself if you aren't having fun.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Up against a poke comp and you don't have any way to initiate except nunu or lucky lee sin kick?

Better not build Shurelya's, Rylai's, or a Phage.

zerg rush on
  • mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    I just play against bots. Bots are fun.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    I hate fighting against bots. They are suicidal and I swear they have faster respawn timers.

Yes, you can lose if your team is bad, because bots focus perfectly (its the one thing they do well), but its not fun win or lose, to me.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular

Yeah I play with friends

You can surrender if premade with good consistency.

The matchmaking does try to match skill, but it takes time to set you properly.

My personal suggestion might be to play in houses, though some may disagree. I find if everyone is on the same page, that is a good learning tool.

Alternatively, if you have a main you want to work on, I've done some 1 on 1 games just to practice build and laning phases. FWIW, the last person said it was useful. I'm not world class or anything, but I play a pretty mean Trynd, among others. Let me know and we could try to work something out.

zerg rush wrote: »
    Up against a poke comp and you don't have any way to initiate except nunu or lucky lee sin kick?

yeah the dignitas picks were godawful

it's like they'd never seen a poke comp before and had no idea what to do about it

For the first 10 levels, you get a lot of people who make new accounts so that they can beat the shit out of new players who have no idea what they're doing. As far as matchmaking is concerned, these people are just as skill as anyone else with 0 wins and 0 losses.

A lot of the time, they'll all group up to do five-man smurf comps, and if you're running three or more people in a group, you're much more likely to run into them.

• SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular

Yeah I play with friends

What level are your friends? If they aren't a similar level to you, and you are fairly new, you are going to have a horrible time trying to get the hang of the game while you are playing against players much more skilled than you.

The matchmaking tries to find a similar setup, so for example, if one team has 4 level 30s and a level 10, it will try to find another team in a similar setup. It's not always possible, and Riot tries to get people into games fairly quickly. I would personally prefer they take a little longer and find a better fit.

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • SampsenSampsen Aggressive Berserker Registered User regular

That was absolutely amazing play by CLG, and terrible play by Dignitas. What on earth were they thinking sending Corki and Nunu in from behind when CLG was pushing the inhibitor turret?

"Here's our carry, feel free to kill him. Oh, and Nunu is a throw-in to sweeten the deal"

Sampsen_na_104_5_logo.png
  • mere_immortalmere_immortal So tasty!Registered User regular
    Is Xin still a good jungler?

Steam: mere_immortal - PSN: mere_immortal - XBL: lego pencil - Wii U: mimmortal - 3DS: 1521-7234-1642 - Bordgamegeek: mere_immortal
    And yes you get punished for leaving a game because you are putting the rest of the players in a worse position. Just because you think the game is over does not give you the right to throw it for your teammates. If everyone on your team thinks it is over you can surrender. There is never any reason to leave a game and it should absolutely be punished for.

This is true, but I still wish it was simple majority instead of 4/5ths of the vote. Seriously, it's easier to pass constitutional amendments than surrender vote.

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Is Xin still a good jungler?

xin is in the running for "Worst Character in the Game"

i'm tellin you guys

qtpie has godawful positioning

that's why he plays corki and ez so much

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    Haha, Travis. You're such a tool. I don't know why they let you interview people. You're so annoying.
    That being said, Saintvicious should be in EVERY interview.
    After? Kpop. :\ I don't even...

Star Wars (2 separate links)
    Yelling at butts will never NOT be funny. Thanks, Psy!
    Also, Abby is awesome. Keep up with TLH because it's the tits!

I love League of Legends, but seriously...screw you, Teemo.
    Saint is far and away the most 'normal' person out of the teams (I'm looking at you, Dyrus), on top of being a decently entertaining personality.

• Hargaad of OmnarHargaad of Omnar New Badges? Fucking BOSS!Registered User regular
    ROFL! HotshotGG calling out the bandwagoners!
    Suck it, people-who-try-new-champions-after-seeing-a-skilled-player-use-them.
    Wait...what do you mean that's normal? Oh.

Corki is definitely the new flavor. He was super popular when I started playing last year, and then dropped off drastically to the point where he was never seen. Kog is always popular.

1208768734831.jpg
    Sampsen wrote: »

That was absolutely amazing play by CLG, and terrible play by Dignitas. What on earth were they thinking sending Corki and Nunu in from behind when CLG was pushing the inhibitor turret?

"Here's our carry, feel free to kill him. Oh, and Nunu is a throw-in to sweeten the deal"

Pincer attacks never work.

Everbody thinks they'll be Hannibal at Cannae, but then the just get stomped and blame the rest of the team when it fails.

• DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Sampsen wrote: »

Pincer attacks never work.

Everbody thinks they'll be Hannibal at Cannae, but then the just get stomped and blame the rest of the team when it fails.

I don't know about never, I've been in lots of matches where we were able to pincer the enemy and rock them. In that particular matchup though CLG was too strong. However if Nunu would not have pushed so far in he could have caught the whole team in his ult.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
    I get Soraka support. Start Faerie, 4 wards, health pot. Place all wards, back after a gank attempt left me low (philo stone and another ward), back for boots+pink+green. I'm running back to lane and our 0/3 Graves who kept overextending and getting caught goes "Soraka, would you please buy some fucking wards?"

hatehatehate

Ugh. I hate getting those kind of people! Sometimes, their hate causes me to accidentally drop all my wards by our tower. Whoops. Guess they're going to have to help me buy some wards!

This discussion has been closed.