As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[MLB] - Tigers and Angels and Pirates, Oh My!

• Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Whelp STL had a good season while it lasted. #6org'd

http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/organizational-rankings-6-st-louis/

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    RaveRave Registered User regular
    Go Buccos! Will this be the year the streak ends? Probably not, but at least Fielder and Pujols can't beat up on our pitchers this year. That's a start....right?

• Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    http://www.fangraphs.com/blogs/index.php/2012-organizational-rankings-5-philadelphia/

PHILLY NEVER SCARED

(except for the four teams above them(

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    That means Boston is a top 4 organization. Not sure I agree, considering how low my expectations are this season

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity What a lovely day for tea Secret British ThreadRegistered User regular
    This year

Always check 2013+ outlook

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    That means Boston is a top 4 organization. Not sure I agree, considering how low my expectations are this season

Based on the strength of the lineup, top 4 is a given. Whether or not it all meshes with a new manager is another story, of course.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I would if Boston was up yet haha. I'm just not positive they're even top 4 this year. Not sure we make the playoffs. Though I guess we could be the fourth best team in the league and still miss the playoffs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Based on the strength of the lineup, top 4 is a given. Whether or not it all meshes with a new manager is another story, of course.

Half the lineup today is Sweeney, Ross, Saltalamacchia and Mike Aviles. A question mark in Youkilis and a smaller question mark in Ortiz. Ugh I hope we at least don't start off 1-10 again

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    Lots of runs so far

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    And the Cubs season is underway!

And the Cubs have already given up a hit!

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    APODionysusAPODionysus Registered User regular

Half the lineup today is Sweeney, Ross, Saltalamacchia and Mike Aviles. A question mark in Youkilis and a smaller question mark in Ortiz. Ugh I hope we at least don't start off 1-10 again

Yeah I'm not all that confident in the Sox this year, either. I hope I'm wrong though. Pray I am.

I miss Theo already

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Go M's!

:) True NW guy here!

• Options
    southwicksouthwick Registered User regular
    As a Rangers fan, how am I supposed to watch baseball this year?

• Options
    Really easily?

• Options
    Mr. Perfect Jose Valverde blows his first save of season after going 49-49 last year. Sweeney repents for giving up an 8th inning triple by hitting a 9th inning triple

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    He was absurdly lucky last year. Like 30 of those saves featured the tying run in scoring position.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Jack Hannahan with his THIRD opening day homerun. These account for fully 1/8th of his career homeruns!

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    He was absurdly lucky last year. Like 30 of those saves featured the tying run in scoring position.

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate. I was waiting for the fall after the ASB last year, but he just beat the odds and keep that up for a full season

y2jake215 on
    C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate

The weirdest stat of all-time might be the disparity in his performance in save situations and non-save situations. His ERA was like 4.00 higher, his WHIP was .50 higher and I got very confused.

• Options

Yeah, there's a reason I targeted Valverde in zero leagues. He was way, way worse than his surface stats indicate

The weirdest stat of all-time might be the disparity in his performance in save situations and non-save situations. His ERA was like 4.00 higher, his WHIP was .50 higher and I got very confused.

It's just odd how that can happen. Like when someone will hit .150 with RISP, but .340 with bases empty. Or when Dice-K manages to go basically a whole season without allowing a bases-loaded hit

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    First crushing loss of the season! That didn't take long

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • Options
    And now Valverde is 1-0.

• Options
    First crushing loss of the season! That didn't take long

It's all about setting expectations early.

• Options
    OSUJumpManOSUJumpMan Registered User regular
    Chris Perez needs a diet, a haircut, and an extended spring training.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Welcome back, Pena! Moar 5 RBI nights!

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    This Rays/Yanks game was highly entertaining.

And Mariano Rivera (one of the few relievers left alive/unimprisoned in the league) is now sporting a killer 54.00 ERA.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    glad I spent my afternoon on that

FUCK

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Just hearing about that blown save made me grin. I was too busy watching the Cardinals beat up the poor Brew crew. Now its Rockies time. Already left two men in scoring position. *sigh*

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    LavaKnightLavaKnight Registered User regular
    Lotta runs today, it seems.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Just hearing about that blown save made me grin. I was too busy watching the Cardinals beat up the poor Brew crew. Now its Rockies time. Already left two men in scoring position. *sigh*

because you're a poop face!

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    LavaKnight wrote: »

The Pirates and Phillies have no idea what you're talking about.

• Options
    Schide wrote: »
    LavaKnight wrote: »

The Pirates and Phillies have no idea what you're talking about.

They didn't get the memo.

Except for McCutchen, who stole a base for me. Good ol' Dread Pirate.

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    So, where the hell did the M's offense come from?

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Are... are the Pirates above .500?

What madness is this?!

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Weren't they through like mid-May last year?

• Options
    SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    On July 19th last year they were 51-44. The last time they were above .500 was 54-53 on August 1st.

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I was being

facetious.

:(

(I just found it endlessly amusing last season how everyone I knew was like 'wtf we're winning?' and then bandwagoned like crazy.)

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Ugh. Damn it Rockies blow a great pitching performance by Nicasio. Kid comes back from having his damn neck broken by a line drive, throws 7 innings, gives up 1 run and no walks and then you give it up in the 8th on an error by the third baseman.

*sigh* It'll be a long season.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Red Sox bullpen... has issues.

• Options
    So, where the hell did the M's offense come from?

Bartolo Colon burped it up.

This discussion has been closed.