As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

annoying social networking stuff

• AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    Weeee

Got into extended twitter argument with person who claimed Khoo was killing nerd culture by kicking out the underwear guy and the booth babe.

Relevant!

• DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    underwhat who

Tomorrow is not
    Going to be fun

http://cl.ly/FfG9 underwear guy

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    dan you're still up?????

EzUAYcn.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    holy dare they kick out that stupid asshole

MY NERD CULTURE

in related news

fuck "nerd culture"

It's a shame because I actually like Nathan Barnatt's music videos and stuff and he seems like a funny dude.

Just one not willing to accept the consequences of his actions.

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Yeah I mean the dude's funny but what did he think would happen if he did that

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    he practically asked to be kicked out

that's his whole thing

What's doubly frustrating is barnatt (via his kieth characters witted accout and Facebook) acted like he just couldn't understand why he was kicked out and had his panel cancelled and those pax guys are so mean ;_;

holy crap did you read about how that Christoforo guy was apparently being a gigantic racist at Khoo

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    EzUAYcn.png
  • GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    The event button on Facebook is god

Seems to know what I'm doing more often then I do now adays

holy crap did you read about how that Christoforo guy was apparently being a gigantic racist at Khoo
    No I missed that

• PharezonPharezon Struggle is an illusion. Victory is in the Qun.Registered User regular
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    What's doubly frustrating is barnatt (via his kieth characters witted accout and Facebook) acted like he just couldn't understand why he was kicked out and had his panel cancelled and those pax guys are so mean ;_;

maybe that's the joke

jkZziGc.png
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    Pharezon wrote: »

maybe that's the joke
    maybe youre the joke

No I missed that

ChristoforoisaracistCapture.png

this seems to be the account he's replied to

ChristoforoisreallyracistCapture.png

• MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    Is that the guy who knows the mayor of New York

Wow

• TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    This Christoforo guy seems to be a prime example of 'that guy'

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
    Moriveth wrote: »
    Is that the guy who knows the mayor of New York

Boston, but yes.

facebook sucks

i use it so i'm not alone

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I have a confession.

I actually kind of hate facebook. I do not hate the people I am friends with! You are all lovely!

I just hate facebook. And I don't mean the layout, the appearance, I mean the concept behind it. Like, the deepest of the deep roots, here.

Volucrisus Aedrius on
  • EndEnd Registered User regular
    I thought he only knew the mayor of boston

How many mayors does he know?

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Social media is interesting how people use it.

I find it very annoying how many people use it as a really shitty way of getting attention by just posting, oh my life is so hard hard haaaaaard. And then everyone who is passively trying to sleep with them tells them how great they are.

People often get mad at me for how I use it.

Because I see it as a place to have goddam fun. Most of my status updates are silly jokes on observations on life or stupid puns (god I love puns) and I do the same with everyone else's statuses also. Some people get seriously upset.

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    it turns out he was the mayor all along

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Also this might be Blake the old man talking, but am I the only one that dislikes checkins and four square? It seems like really passive aggressive showing off.

And alternatively it could be down to how I use Facebook again, as I am not that big on advertising my life on there all the time.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    he's the mayor inside of all of us

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    I check in on foursquare, but I hardly ever share it on Facebook or Twitter. to me I just see it as an interesting way to keep track of the places I go to often.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    personally, I collect mayors

and my beef with social media is that it gives people this inflated sense of importance

nobody cares

ever

at all

about the minutia of your life

unless they are fucking you or you are the product of their fucking or they want to fuck you

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
    foursquare is basically people submitting to big brother

fuck it

• WimbleWimble Registered User regular
    I have a confession.

I actually kind of hate facebook. I do not hate the people I am friends with! You are all lovely!

I just hate facebook. And I don't mean the layout, the appearance, I mean the concept behind it. Like, the deepest of the deep roots, here.

What is the deepest of its deep roots, to you?

4SMZq.jpg
  • Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular

and my beef with social media is that it gives people this inflated sense of importance

nobody cares

ever

at all

unless they are fucking you or you are the product of their fucking or they want to fuck you

Everybody wants to fuck me

• Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »

fuck it

When they don't even have to
    It's a Big Brother that they created

nobody cares

ever

at all

See. I agree with the general statement. But, you don't need to post that stuff either.

Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Antimatter wrote: »

fuck it

When they don't even have to
    It's a Big Brother that they created

i know
    it's horrifying

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Everybody wants to fuck me

lfYVHTd.png
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    oh come on

no one pulled the I don't know who my parents are card in response to my post?

I am ashamed

7656367.jpg
  • Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Apparently some booth babe got kicked out? According to Kotaku (ugh), she showed up dressed in the costume on the right, was asked to change, and came back in the outfit on the left:
    original.jpg

There were more complaints, so she wore a different outfit on the second day:

nigriatpaxeast3.jpg

However she's been asked to change again or leave? The first two I can agree with being too dodgy for an expo with kids there, especially that pink get-up. But the shorts, shirt and leg coverings in the third pic? What's wrong with that?