As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Dungeon Defenders] - Dungeon Defenders II: The Dungeoning coming soon! Free-to-play!

• RobesRobes Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah. People are buying little eggs. I put up 10 for 100,000,000 each. One guy came in and bought all 10.
    Pretty rediculous if its all just for a costume.

Robes on
    "Wait" he says... do I look like a waiter?
  • eobeteobet 8-bit childhood SwedenRegistered User regular
    Apparently, it sounds like I need eggs... where do I get them?

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • VoroVoro Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You can get them on any map, but I've had the best luck on eternia shard maps (usually from chests), and I've gotten small eggs on both easy and hard Moraggo. Glittering hasn't given me a single one. I imagine they'll be easier to get (and drop in value) once they release the next patch (* Eggs no longer auto-delete when the max dropped-item cap is reached.).

Voro on
    XBL GamerTag: Comrade Nexus
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2012
    Haha, yeah I just put up my two small eggs for 100m each. They instantly sold.

e:
    And I'm broke again. But my shaitan is up to 123/144. And up to 10k*3 hit/730k dps.

Morkath on
    You guys weren't kidding... a bunch of normal eggs 150 mil, gone in literally under 10 seconds... and just to try, a large egg for 300 mil... same *poof* amazing!

Now time to max some gear! :)

Heard the proposition that RIAA and MPAA should join forces and form "Music And Film Industry Association"?
  • PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    So what do I need to know about the Easter Dungeon Defender event? I've been out of the loop for what feels like ages.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    So what do I need to know about the Easter Dungeon Defender event? I've been out of the loop for what feels like ages.
    Eggs drop randomly on all maps at all difficulties. There are different qualities of Eggs (ranging from small eggs at 100 mana to Humongous eggs at 200M mana). The Humongous eggs drop at higher difficulties. They are fairly rare, but they can be seen on the minimap as a special egg icon. They can drop from chests or monsters, and the Tavernkeeper occasionally sells them. Collect 24 regular eggs for the Squire Easter Bunny outfit. Collect 36 Humongous Eggs for the Mega Chicken pet.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    Geez. The next patch notes so far look enticing:
    * Survival/Pure-Strategy Mode now lets you start on any Wave you have previously beaten (& you get correspondingly more Mana from the first-wave chests to utilize for Building)
    * Player Shop Items can not be sold over hard Bank limit at 400m sale value
    * Dark Elf Mages now have a 3.5-second interval between Skeleton-spawning, reducing path-clogging
    * Strength Drain Aura reduced from 6 DU to 5 DU, and are now 30% more powerful on NM
    * Gamepad users can now create folders and move items in and out of folders
    * Fixed colorization of Dropped Equipment minimap icons
    * Aura HP in Nightmare buffed 200%
    * 36 Humongous Eggs now yields you a Mega Chicken
    * Eggs no longer auto-delete when the max dropped-item cap is reached.
    * Fixed issue where Healer Pets such as Goblins, Fairies, Monkeys, were only healing for about 1/6th of the amount that they should have been on Nightmare
    * Ogres no longer get spawn-area invincibility

That's... big news.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    "Player Shop Items can not be sold over hard Bank limit at 400m sale value "

What's that mean?

The Dark Elf change scares me. I can deal with the skeletons, its usually the fireball tossing that hurts.

Phoenix-D wrote: »
    "Player Shop Items can not be sold over hard Bank limit at 400m sale value "

What's that mean?

The Dark Elf change scares me. I can deal with the skeletons, its usually the fireball tossing that hurts.
    The Dark Elf Mage change is a nerf. Usually, they spawn skeletons faster than that (scaled according to the current movement speed value of the enemies), but this caused MAJOR problems in clogging up paths, which can cause you to lose timed challenges.

I think the hard bank limit thing is a bug fix. People were selling items at high prices and not getting the money for it (either that, or people were buying them and not losing any money, so they would clean out all the high-priced items in the shop).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    edited April 2012
    I just tried selling the latest egg I got for 200 million... gone in about five seconds... hilarious!

EDIT: My mission is complete. (The name is "PinkRanger", naturally...)

eobet on
    edited April 2012
    Looks like I can sell that humongous egg for like 500 million if people want 'em that badly. collecting 32 sounds ridiculous.

Sounds like you'd require a group of 3 friends and NMHC mode, with everyone agreeing to give you the eggs.

Robes on
    The good thing is that people who have been hoarding ridiculous amounts of mana now get to spread the wealth around...

...and yes, I just sold a giant egg for 400 million mana.

I like this event. I feel like one of those pigs who sniff out truffles.

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    So is this egg thing gonna be just this past weekend, or will it last till the next holiday like they usually do?

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

So is this egg thing gonna be just this past weekend, or will it last till the next holiday like they usually do?
    They said two weeks. No one is sure when the start point of said two weeks is supposed to be. I'm sure the next digest will tell us the end-date of the egg hunt.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Finally managed to beat a NM HC map! Woo!
    Looks like I can sell that humongous egg for like 500 million if people want 'em that badly. collecting 32 sounds ridiculous.

Umm, you can sell Humongous eggs for more than 500 mil. I'm selling the normal eggs for 400 mil and they sell pretty fast.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
    Hmm... Since I've been very entertained by this whole egg business, I put them up for auctions at various prices as sort of experiments (people buy them for almost anything, it seems).

However, today I observed the following scenario:
    • Player enter my shop with around 100 million in mana.
    • Suddenly, the player has exactly 400 million mana.
    • Player buys two of my eggs, getting him down to 0 mana.
    • The hero info screen (using Esc menu) now says he has -1 mana.
    • Few seconds later, the player again has exactly 400 million mana.
    • Player buys the rest of my eggs and leaves.

And this is on Trendynet, where you supposedly can't cheat?

Trendynet: As secure as Phantasy Star Online!

• TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Perhaps they are selling super expensive items from their inventory they don't want?

• HollowYggdrasilHollowYggdrasil Registered User regular
    I'm considering buying the game this morning. Do the bonuses for pre-ordering via Steam come with buying the game now as well, or were those specifically for pre-orders only?

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    eobet wrote: »
    Hmm... Since I've been very entertained by this whole egg business, I put them up for auctions at various prices as sort of experiments (people buy them for almost anything, it seems).

However, today I observed the following scenario:
    • Player enter my shop with around 100 million in mana.
    • Suddenly, the player has exactly 400 million mana.
    • Player buys two of my eggs, getting him down to 0 mana.
    • The hero info screen (using Esc menu) now says he has -1 mana.
    • Few seconds later, the player again has exactly 400 million mana.
    • Player buys the rest of my eggs and leaves.

And this is on Trendynet, where you supposedly can't cheat?

Mana tokens probably.

For those that don't know, it's when you buy something in a player shop and up it so it's worth 200M. Retris and Big Sticks are popular for it, and they're used for trading for super expensive stuff or yeah, selling on the fly for stuff in player shops.

Or he's cheating, but it's probably mana tokens.

I'm considering buying the game this morning. Do the bonuses for pre-ordering via Steam come with buying the game now as well, or were those specifically for pre-orders only?

afaik if you get it via steam you get the bonuses, i.e. the pets and portal gone.

However none are terribly useful so I wouldn't worry about where you buy it.

• HollowYggdrasilHollowYggdrasil Registered User regular

My previous question was more or less based off of curiosity. My preference for anything that is multi-platform is to purchase it on Steam if possible.

steam_sig.png
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular

My previous question was more or less based off of curiosity. My preference for anything that is multi-platform is to purchase it on Steam if possible.

You should still get them. And DO buy it for Steam, any other platform doesn't get all the patches and content.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Mana tokens probably.

Just did a search for it. Amazing.

You should still get them. And DO buy it for Steam, any other platform doesn't get all the patches and content.

Just to clarify, the game registers on steam no matter where you buy it, if you buy a PC copy.

If you buy it via Amazon, you won't get the steam items like the TF2 pets. But it will still register on Steam.

• mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    found a bunch of eggs today. so far 3 jumbo and 2 regular eggs, figure i will hold on to them to see if i manage to get close, but then sell when the end date is announced and people get desparate to find them

camo_sig.png
    yeah I'm saving mine too. At about 13 or so now, 2 large 3 Humongous 8 small. Does anyone know if the large do anything special or are they just there to be there?

• EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    So given I don't care about a bunny costume, I have had to figure out this player shop thing for the first time. My current bank is at 1.5 million from playing normally, so if these things really do sell for as much as 100 mil, I am about to become insanely rich (relatively speaking).

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    This may sound like a newb question, but my paranoia demands it. I currently have my shop open and the button on my hero shop reads "Diasble AFK shop" and my menu button reads "Hide Match". Are both of these set correctly to have people show up and buy stuff from me?

I'm up to 4 "eggs". Will the other sizes be marked? And where is the best place to get them? Those 4 eggs came from about an hour and change of farming in NM ES.

Also, does anyone have any good barbarian mythical weapons? I'm working on getting a dps character up to help when I join with other PAer who are far better builders than I am.

I'm up to 4 "eggs". Will the other sizes be marked? And where is the best place to get them? Those 4 eggs came from about an hour and change of farming in NM ES.

Also, does anyone have any good barbarian mythical weapons? I'm working on getting a dps character up to help when I join with other PAer who are far better builders than I am.

Frost Blades, Vanguards are good. Vanguard probably the best dps sword in the game.

Frost Blades, Vanguards are good. Vanguard probably the best dps sword in the game.
    Are you sure about the Vanguards? They seem to have longer combo times and have less DPS boost per upgrade than Great Swords, at least on the Countess Weapons chart:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/DeathTrooper/Countessweapons.png

Things may have changed recently, but Vanguards appear to be more in the middle of the road. Frostblades are still excellent (fast swing speed, and large size, with moderate Damage per hit). Backstabbers (from the Assault pack, 3rd mission) are extremely fast, but have very short range (probably the best single-target choice against Ogres).

8i1dt37buh2m.png
    I hope I'm wrong, cause I hate the way the Vanguard looks.

Good news, everyone. The egg hunt is extended to all of April now.

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • LanrutconLanrutcon The LabyrinthRegistered User regular
    New Nvidia drivers support anti-aliasing (FXAA) in Dungeon Defenders. Comparison screenshots in the link.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-301.24-beta-drivers-released/

Capture.jpg~original
    Currently playing: GW2 and TSW
    What would be the best spot to grind exp from 77-78? I assume insane hc glitterhelm is the safest and easiest route. Thank you.

Robes wrote: »
    What would be the best spot to grind exp from 77-78? I assume insane hc glitterhelm is the safest and easiest route. Thank you.

That's what I did on the Apprentice. Just spent a few hours running there. If you have a 360 controller, you can speed the process up by bringing in a second character to increase spawns. In fact, once I get around to leveling up my Countess, that will be my plan. Kill 2 Wyverns with one stone.

Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

Are you sure about the Vanguards? They seem to have longer combo times and have less DPS boost per upgrade than Great Swords, at least on the Countess Weapons chart:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v250/DeathTrooper/Countessweapons.png

Things may have changed recently, but Vanguards appear to be more in the middle of the road. Frostblades are still excellent (fast swing speed, and large size, with moderate Damage per hit). Backstabbers (from the Assault pack, 3rd mission) are extremely fast, but have very short range (probably the best single-target choice against Ogres).

Any suggestions for tracking down Frost Blades? Or just try the 4 stages listed below (I need to get the Halloween spooktacular DLC) until they drop.

You can hunt shops or do Mistymire imo.

This discussion has been closed.