As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Winchester Boys

• ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I'm loving Tall Tales so far.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    this is what you get for being late to every damn party, freak

isn't it almost time for the watch-along?

oh wait

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    this is what you get for being late to every damn party, freak

isn't it almost time for the watch-along?

oh wait

FIRED FOREVER

7656367.jpg
  • freakish lightfreakish light butterdick jones and his heavenly asshole machineRegistered User regular
    oh, after this I can watch Reaper again. Yeahhhh.

I never finished Season 2.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    going to kick you in the nards

7656367.jpg
  • ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    So that was an awesome episode.

And now I want more Trickster.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    You'll get your wish

CYpGAPn.png
  • AphostileAphostile San Francisco, CARegistered User regular
    Hey, Tuesday!

Pig n' a poke!

Nothing. Matters.
  • Cilla BlackCilla Black Priscilla!!! Registered User regular
    Time for the season 1 finale, wooo!

this thing is 6 seasons though, jesus

it's like marathoning Lost all over again

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Except Supernatural marathons are entertaining.

Also, turns out I'm on season 5. Really enjoyed the TV one and the curious case of dean winchester

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Time for the season 1 finale, wooo!

this thing is 6 seasons though, jesus

it's like marathoning Lost all over again

The nice thing is that it never gets repetitive, unlike say an episode of TNG or something where they all follow the same basic pattern. They'll mix it up and have a monster episode or a really weird meta episode or a trickster episode or just focus on storyline stuff for a while... Even watching four or five episodes in a row it doesn't seem stale.

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    then after five episodes you're like hey that was a quick 4 hours wtf

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Oh man

s1 finale
    What an asshole way to end the season, holy shit

edited April 2012
    s2 opener
    An out of body episode where no one can see or hear you. : /

yeah, no other show has ever done this one

it's only like 7 minutes in though, not really fair to write it off yet

Cilla Black on
  • JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Oh yeah, don't write it off!

Also that episode was crazy/weird to watch because the girl in it looks EXACTLY like my female Shepard

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Zonugal wrote: »
    So that was an awesome episode.

And now I want more Trickster.

He shows up again here and there. Every appearance is wonderful.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Janson wrote: »
    s2 opener
    An out of body episode where no one can see or hear you. : /

yeah, no other show has ever done this one

it's only like 7 minutes in though, not really fair to write it off yet

Oh yeah, don't write it off!

Oh God yes, that episode was a really neat way to explain
    how people become the ghosts that Sam and Dean are dealing with all the time.

Like, they're not just people with unfinished business. They are people who could not move on, and literally went completely insane from years of isolation until they became so intense that they were able to murder people.

Season 3 topped it, though, with the reveal that
    demons are just humans that have been tortured in hell for so long that they've become twisted monsters

Goatmon on
    Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

Alright yeah, s2 intro turned out to be a pretty good episode
    I liked the dialogue with Death. Had a very Sandmanish vibe, although Death herself wasn't quite the same. It's interesting that Death isn't quite the same cosmic force in this as it is in Sandman though, being able to be possessed by a demon. Obviously it's quite an amazingly powerful demon but still.

I hope they keep the character actor who played the uber demon in this episode on as him. I forget his name, but he's been in a lot of other stuff and did a great job this episode.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    I liked the dialogue with Death. Had a very Sandmanish vibe, although Death herself wasn't quite the same. It's interesting that Death isn't quite the same cosmic force in this as it is in Sandman though, being able to be possessed by a demon. Obviously it's quite an amazingly powerful demon but still.

I hope they keep the character actor who played the uber demon in this episode on as him. I forget his name, but he's been in a lot of other stuff and did a great job this episode.
    That wasn't Death. It was a Reaper. Different things.

CYpGAPn.png
    Oh ho ho

Grim reaper =/= Death

;)

Also I agree that the Trickster is fantastic, but I always found it very hard to watch his episodes, mainly because I really felt the character's frustrations

Blankzilla wrote: »

Oh well they kept saying you can't kill death so I assumed in this mythos Death had a bunch of different forms rather than just one.

edited April 2012
    Hehehe
    you do see Death at one point, though

and it is awesome

Janson on
    Probably spoilery for other people so you may want to tag it but I don't mind knowing. It only makes me excited for when that happens!
    I always love Death personified stuff, but only when it's not portrayed as an evil force, but rather the ultimate neutral party it actually is. And that definitely seems like the angle this show would go, so I'm psyched.

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Should get to Tall Tales tonight. I'm worried you hacks are going to have it so overhyped that I won't love it.

oh god it's a clown episode, fuck

but I skipped the bugs one, not gunna skip this one

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular

Neither of those episodes are as bad as they seem like they might be. I had the same thought for both of them. The bug one is the worst episode I've seen. It just had bad pacing, a lame story, and a terrible ending.
    Midnight the bugs come. They hide in the house the bugs are breaking in and all of the sudden it's morning? Terrible.

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

Neither of those episodes are as bad as they seem like they might be. I had the same thought for both of them. The bug one is the worst episode I've seen. It just had bad pacing, a lame story, and a terrible ending.
    Midnight the bugs come. They hide in the house the bugs are breaking in and all of the sudden it's morning? Terrible.

ugh yes

if you have a phobia of bugs though id def skip the first 5-ish minutes, they were crawling over a dudes face and near his eyes and blech

everything else was fine, though

That fucking clown is the scariest thing I have seen in the show so far.

I can handle demons and ghosts, but clowns?

No.

I hate scary clowns but for some reason that episode didn't bother me.

I love how the women in this show consistently have no problems holding their own, even over the main characters. Frequently.

I love how the women in this show consistently have no problems holding their own, even over the main characters. Frequently.

I do love that Sam & Dean typically try to protect them via exclusion, but the gals are always high spirited to kill a ghost or monster.

One question about continuity I have:
    So far the show has given us the impression that after their mom died, their dad went off the deep end sort of and learned how to kill demons, taking his sons along to learn the tricks as they grew up. But every so often we'll meet people the boys have never seen before who claim to have encountered their dad and been friends with him for a time.

If the boys and dad traveled together their whole lives, how is that possible? Or was there some period that hasn't been revealed yet where the boys were in a foster home and the old man went off to have demon killing adventures.

So far the show has given us the impression that after their mom died, their dad went off the deep end sort of and learned how to kill demons, taking his sons along to learn the tricks as they grew up. But every so often we'll meet people the boys have never seen before who claim to have encountered their dad and been friends with him for a time.

If the boys and dad traveled together their whole lives, how is that possible? Or was there some period that hasn't been revealed yet where the boys were in a foster home and the old man went off to have demon killing adventures.
    I'm only on season 2 but they make it clear that John left them in hotel rooms most of the time with Dead protecting the younger Sam. I haven't figured out when Sam had his falling out but I think it was when he went to college so not until he was 18. Some of the people do recognize them from when they were kids too.

I'm only on season 2 but they make it clear that John left them in hotel rooms most of the time with Dead protecting the younger Sam. I haven't figured out when Sam had his falling out but I think it was when he went to college so not until he was 18. Some of the people do recognize them from when they were kids too.
    Oh yeah for sure, they talk about being sad when Caleb and the Father that Meg gets to die, but then there are people they've just plain out never seen before. Like in this clown episode you've got a lady named Ellen. There was also the older hunter who had the Colt originally in the vampire episode. He supposedly helped train their dad. You'd think the boys would have met both of them, since they could have provided a safe haven other than a hotel while John was training.

Oh yeah for sure, they talk about being sad when Caleb and the Father that Meg gets to die, but then there are people they've just plain out never seen before. Like in this clown episode you've got a lady named Ellen. There was also the older hunter who had the Colt originally in the vampire episode. He supposedly helped train their dad. You'd think the boys would have met both of them, since they could have provided a safe haven other than a hotel while John was training.

I think that might be one of those things you kind of have to go with unless something happens later on. They never allude to anything though.

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

not really spoilery but

here is your first view of

Yeah I guess that isn't that spoilery

but I still advise Raijin/Cilla not to watch it because damn it'll be so much better when they reach that episode for themselves

• mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular

I do love that Sam & Dean typically try to protect them via exclusion, but the gals are always high spirited to kill a ghost or monster.

usually it annoys me a lot when writers have women do this because these people have no fucking idea what theyre doing and cant fight at all, which just makes them out to be immature and trying too hard to prove a point

supernatural is pretty rad about this (and most things involving women)! though

even though i havent finished season 1 yet so i cant attest to how messed up the 'women always being killed' thing ive heard

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

usually it annoys me a lot when writers have women do this because these people have no fucking idea what theyre doing and cant fight at all, which just makes them out to be immature and trying too hard to prove a point

supernatural is pretty rad about this (and most things involving women)! though

even though i havent finished season 1 yet so i cant attest to how messed up the 'women always being killed' thing ive heard

that thing becomes a theme that's related to their mothers and feelings of inadequacy