As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] The PAX East 2012 International Food Exchange (now with Retsin!)

1235»

• sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    vicechan wrote: »
    Agreed, this was super-fun! I think it was a rousing success. Truth be told, this was my absolute favorite part of the con. You all are wonderful, it was good to meet all of you and I'll be doing Twitter/Facebook adds in the next few hours/days.

I'd love to hear what people thought of the things that they traded for and consumed later.

Shout-outs! <3

@atalla, the Napples are still good! I just had one tonight. What did you think of the cupcakes?
    @chaosisorder, I think your China offerings won the Unique award. Thank you so much!Part of me regrets not taking the flavored popcorn. Not the part that likes a microwave that I can use later.
    @Decius, we kept talking about you. You didn't make it out, did you? Now that I realize what the hell is going on, I would have put together a care package to you and brought it to BYOC.
    @frugus, I really really appreciate the effort for the Tim Bits. :) I'm very happy to say that I've had them and they held up well.
    @rascal, amazing call on the chips and it was good seeing you around! Did you go to the Namco Bandai party? The line was long and I gave up.
    @Reverend Snide, I'm going to buy some bread and then tell you what I think of the Vegemite, can't wait!
    @Sillyzombie666, I saw you when I was at Anime Boston. :P Nice sign! I have a picture of you in the Portal that I'll PM you or something.
    @tvethiopia, I'm sad you couldn't make it and sadder that I gave up and passed along your root beer. But seriously, PM me and I can send off that Henry Weinhard's. They are too good to not try.

Thanks to everyone who showed and traded/contributed! Let's do this again next year!

AHAHAH YESSSSSS i so want that picture yes yes yes, also i tried the popcorn...be glad you missed it was not that good my dog bellla loved it though lol

also i must know where you got those rolled chips i love those so so so much i need to get a case of those and im not one of those people who likes doritoes that much

sillyzombie666 on
    I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • sillyzombie666sillyzombie666 massRegistered User regular
    http://youtu.be/EuWuJSR2qAY

heres a video of the exchange a short clip, i am very very glad i came i cant wait for it next year also @chaosisorder i would love to get more of the stuff from china the soda candies were so good same with the japan pancakes , also the bottle you gave me, its not bad i sampled it and its fine but odds are i wont finish it ever

also every one my parents raided my candy stash they seemed to like them too

I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Try some Baijiu next time. It's great.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    vicechan wrote: »
    Agreed, this was super-fun! I think it was a rousing success. Truth be told, this was my absolute favorite part of the con. You all are wonderful, it was good to meet all of you and I'll be doing Twitter/Facebook adds in the next few hours/days.

I'd love to hear what people thought of the things that they traded for and consumed later.

Shout-outs! <3

@atalla, the Napples are still good! I just had one tonight. What did you think of the cupcakes?
    @chaosisorder, I think your China offerings won the Unique award. Thank you so much!Part of me regrets not taking the flavored popcorn. Not the part that likes a microwave that I can use later.
    @Decius, we kept talking about you. You didn't make it out, did you? Now that I realize what the hell is going on, I would have put together a care package to you and brought it to BYOC.
    @frugus, I really really appreciate the effort for the Tim Bits. :) I'm very happy to say that I've had them and they held up well.
    @rascal, amazing call on the chips and it was good seeing you around! Did you go to the Namco Bandai party? The line was long and I gave up.
    @Reverend Snide, I'm going to buy some bread and then tell you what I think of the Vegemite, can't wait!
    @Sillyzombie666, I saw you when I was at Anime Boston. :P Nice sign! I have a picture of you in the Portal that I'll PM you or something.
    @tvethiopia, I'm sad you couldn't make it and sadder that I gave up and passed along your root beer. But seriously, PM me and I can send off that Henry Weinhard's. They are too good to not try.

Thanks to everyone who showed and traded/contributed! Let's do this again next year!

i'm soooooo sorrrryy i missed this!!! i even had a friendship bracelet in paxeast colors all made for you! i pretty much missed everything i had planned for the weekend, as i was traveling with a 9 yr old who was kind of calling the shots. you will receive a pm from me soon, sir.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • vicechanvicechan Registered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    i'm soooooo sorrrryy i missed this!!! i even had a friendship bracelet in paxeast colors all made for you! i pretty much missed everything i had planned for the weekend, as i was traveling with a 9 yr old who was kind of calling the shots. you will receive a pm from me soon, sir.

It's okay! I know how it goes. :) Although the 9 yr old made a cute Little Sister! That sounds like a rockin' friendship bracelet! Yes, just send me a PM and we can arrange something!

Great video, zombie! Makes me miss Berger cookies. I don't miss those durian pancakes. LOL at Reverend Snide's hand grabbing the spicy chips and pulling them out of frame. We couldn't stop eating those things. 8D

• rascalrascal Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Decius wrote: »
    So I bought a box of those Aero Mint Lambs. I'll have 48...no wait 47....oops 46 available for distribution. I'll have them next to my machine in BYOC, but will try to make the meetup.
    They're really delicious.
    @Decius, I'm sorry that you didn't make the meetup, but I have to thank you for an Aero Mint Lamb! We spotted a flock of them down at the BYOC desk when my daughter was picking up a forum badge, and the nice enforcers offered us one (we may have been eyeing them a bit hungrily..) They are REALLY delicious! Let's do some swapping next year, hope to meet you then!
    @frugus, thanks for the all-dressed chips (gone) and ketchup chips (up next) and for the scientificallly-tested spud :) we're using it as a back-up generator for our bunker.
    @ReverendSnide, the Chili Thins were even yummier than we remembered, and we just polished off the second Violet Crumble--thanks!
    @chaosisorder @sillyzombie666 @adastra , thanks for sharing all those cookies and candy! Berger cookies and mango oreos, yum!
    @vicechan, thanks for organizing all the yumminess! I did pop into the Namco Bandai party for a bit (even though my children ditched me) -- chatted to a few nice people and checked out the rocket fox demo (meh).

rascal on
  • DeciusDecius I'm old! I'm fat! I'M BLUE!Registered User regular
    Yeah guys sorry I couldn't make it. I actually intended on it, but got busy with prank stuff.

camo_sig2.png
    I never finish anyth
  • BritalityBritality Registered User regular
    @Decius has purchased my forever friendship with his Aero Lamb currency.

• LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So saddened that I missed this!

@sillyzombie666 - PM me with shipping info and I'll send you a box of Aplets and Cotlets :)

LexiconGrrl on
    Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.