As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Battlefield 3] LOCK PLEASE

• 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    I'm worse than all the PA BF3 players.

Get back on.

u4OkoEI.png
  • KogareruKogareru Registered User regular
    gonna shoot some kids and stab some others in the back. it's time NOW!

GW2: mKoga-Ultra
    steam_sig.png
  • BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    Team [PEEN] reigned supreme on the Dome tonight. Good games gents.

Brainchow.png
  • MayGodHaveMercyMayGodHaveMercy Registered User regular
    I'm worse than all the PA BF3 players.

Get back on.
    Playing Mw3 now. Everyone bailed on me.

XBL: Mercy XXVI - Steam: Mercy_XXVI - PSN: Mercy XXVI
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    The inability of my friends to admit that they are lesser players then the PA folks means I will have to be on the 360 dome solo from now on lol.

What did they say about us? Did it involve the word douchebags?

For real though. If they want to be matched up with the heavy hitters for some rounds we can work that out.

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    Braincow wrote: »

Is team peen just you?

I write you a story
    But it loses its thread
  • Continental_OpContinental_Op Registered User regular
    The inability of my friends to admit that they are lesser players then the PA folks means I will have to be on the 360 dome solo from now on lol.

If they would have stuck around for the next round, they would have seen us get trounced on Noshar. Barely able to hold a point, until we made a heroic comeback with 6 tickets left and bled them down from just under a hundred, maybe less, to around 30. We lost, but we made them bleed! Gradient was on the winning team though, traitor.

In my experience a lot of it has to do with the rest of your team. If you're squad is the only one going after objectives (which I see you guys do all the time), then it's hard to win against a team with two squads capping. There have been so many times where I'm playing and don't even see another member of my team.

But the game a day or so ago on Seine was super close, trading point for point for most of it. Even on Metro your crew made rallies to cap C and retake A or B too. Metro is the worst map to decide skill on, it's all about your team's speed out of the gate, who gets to B first with more guys and medics. We've fought ourselves to standstills on Metro so many times

But please come join our party when you're on your own and bring your friends. We'll try and mix up the teams more like Mink said to keep things more fun for everyone.

XBL - TeenageHead
  • Technicus RexTechnicus Rex All your base.Registered User regular
    Hey it was fun playing with you guys again, lag didnt even seem to be an issue. I'll try and get a few more games in while I still have some free time.

People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazi's. You can't trust people. - Super Hans.
  • 0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Battlelog error message for anyone else right now?

PSN: Honkalot
  • override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    For wake they should have just given us WW2 aircraft, vehicles, and boats with no explanation

also make the island a lot bigger and forested like it actually is

override367 on
    But more forested would mean that there would actually be cover on wake. The map wouldn't have sucked donkey balls then - can't allow that!

edited April 2012
    Honk wrote: »
    Battlelog error message for anyone else right now?

Maintenance.

Honk wrote: »
    But more forested would mean that there would actually be cover on wake. The map wouldn't have sucked donkey balls then - can't allow that!

All the map needs is 16 Sea-Doos with Ma Deuces on the backs inside the lagoon and it's golden.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • SquabmanSquabman Registered User regular
    The mass dart with heavy barrel is great on TDM. Shit is hilarious.

lagbagg.png
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    Know what makes me a sad Recon. Getting 35 laser designations with a single SOFLAM and not seeing a single fucking rocket fly towards the tank, LAV, heli, or jet

I am running the M40 with irons, all naked, and it's really fun. The irons are pretty good so I'm still able to land headshots up to at least 120 meters if they stand still. And it's obviously very decent in close quarters.

It's hilarious how destroyed the game is for me after the patch. Between 5 - 10 second freeze frame or black screens at every single death/spawn/revive.

The game crashes constantly. Why did they have to do something, whatever they did, with the video. Why not just change the numbers on weapons. Game ruined.

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »

What did they say about us? Did it involve the word douchebags?

For real though. If they want to be matched up with the heavy hitters for some rounds we can work that out.

No they did not insult anyone. It was pretty plain that we were getting the hell trounced out of us. I tried to tell them that it was the rest of the team holding us back but meh, they would rather roll the enemy team then really have a good match. I did hop back on the dome after they left and get my ass handed to me a couple of times though lol.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • CincituckyCincitucky Registered User regular
    Haven't been keeping up with the latest in BF but did this lastest patch release the flood gates for douchebags to reign supreme? About every match I've joined has been lop-sided where its clearly one talented team versuses the rookies and/or wash ups. The douche baggery only happens when they've pinned us into a corner to hone their long distance shooting by releasing us into the open one at a time.

Love BF to death but the latest sign-ons have been a buzz kill.

Imagine what "cheese' could exist if someone tried to copy Velveeta.
    Quit playing on dumb servers.

u4OkoEI.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    I think I signed up for one of these [PA] earlier upon release. How do I get on the server?

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
    Not sure why that made me laugh.

I'll have to look at the server list better, and this is PSN, next time I play and possibly adjust the filters. Only a few months ago, I could randomly pick from the first page of the server list and be thrust into descent games. It's just been lately since I began playing again that its been unpleasant.

• BraincowBraincow Registered User regular
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Braincow wrote: »

Is team peen just you?

Pretty much. :( It was kinda lonely playing against everyone else.

Brainchow.png
    edited April 2012
    I can't understand people who enjoy rolls and subsequent base rape. So fucking boring.

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    I can't understand people who enjoy rolls and subsequent base rape. So fucking boring.

I enjoy rolling an enemy team and camping them maybe like once a week.
    But I'd never want to do it over and over, it's boring as fuck.

SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • EvilMonkeyEvilMonkey Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cincitucky wrote: »
    Haven't been keeping up with the latest in BF but did this lastest patch release the flood gates for douchebags to reign supreme? About every match I've joined has been lop-sided where its clearly one talented team versuses the rookies and/or wash ups. The douche baggery only happens when they've pinned us into a corner to hone their long distance shooting by releasing us into the open one at a time.

The clan servers have been a problem with me. The few rounds I got to play were on the losing side of a pub stomp and the others saw me get booted because I was assigned onto the team with the clan.

I can filter out official servers but I can't filter out the custom ones. Not so happy about that one.

EvilMonkey on
    [PSN: SciencePiggy] [Steam]
  • DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    Why 64C Metro is still useful:

For starring sniper rilfes with an ACOG; all the power, none of the scope glare.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    Cincitucky wrote: »

The clan servers have been a problem with me. The few rounds I got to play were on the losing side of a pub stomp and the others saw me get booted because I was assigned onto the team with the clan.

I can filter out official servers but I can't filter out the custom ones. Not so happy about that one.

Have keep an eye out for you ScienceMonkey :mrgreen: next time I'm playing. Not that I'd want to drag someone else through the pain of getting stomped into the ground but at least there would be another teammate that has an idea of what they're doing. Think it was the Sharqi map where my side's only plan of action was to charge head-first to the closest point. No flanking, NO TEAMWORK, nothing... :P

• PsychoLarry1PsychoLarry1 Registered User regular

For starring sniper rilfes with an ACOG; all the power, none of the scope glare.
    Bazaar is probably a better map for grinding out sniper service stars. The never ending explosions in Metro make it pretty frustrating to land shots with the rifles.

• DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular

Bazaar is probably a better map for grinding out sniper service stars. The never ending explosions in Metro make it pretty frustrating to land shots with the rifles.

Nah, too many ways to get flanked. It you're RU on Metro (or on a good US team that can push past point B), you can grab 20 or 30 kills easily since you can just set up shop. The fact that the ranges aren't super extreme (even outdoors) the ACOG is perfect. Plus it gives you a huge advantage over the guys with the 8x and 12x scopes and the glint. It's the perfect counter-sniping setup.

• TheExAmTheExAm Gerrymandered your districts Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Cantido wrote: »
    I think I signed up for one of these [PA] earlier upon release. How do I get on the server?

Check your platoons and view the members of whichever PA platoon you got into, then you should be able to join with some PA guys. The Angry Dome is the PA server, but IIRC, it's rarely used nowadays.

TheExAm on
    6Jx6HOg.png
    Battlemans: DiscoCabbage | Elite: Dangerous: Aleksandr Khabaj
  • Angry WeaselAngry Weasel Registered User regular
    I should have internet tomorrow. I expect everyone on.

There is one thing I can't figure out about this game. Everytime I prefire at a corner that an enemy is coming around, I lose. EVERY TIME. Even if they run straight into my fire and I hit them with the first bullet and even with the suppression perk I will always lose the fight.

I just can't figure out why, or what is up with this shit.

lagbagg.png
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    Squabman wrote: »
    There is one thing I can't figure out about this game. Everytime I prefire at a corner that an enemy is coming around, I lose. EVERY TIME. Even if they run straight into my fire and I hit them with the first bullet and even with the suppression perk I will always lose the fight.

this is something that started to get to me quickly after the patch. was playing support and i saw this guy coming on the mini map. Laid down the burst fire. I can see the bullets hitting him and the blood coming out. Dude has time to stop, scope, and kill me. He was sprinting into my bullets, and then I was dead. I'm not sure I even want to try and understand it.

• DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    I still haven't played since the patch, but I started buying some computer parts to play on PC as I've since been stuck on the 360. Also CSGS soon...

Prob start back on the release of first DLC

• wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    Fuck your mass/lmg/suppression.

I HAVE A TANK

Shogun wrote: »
    Squabman wrote: »

this is something that started to get to me quickly after the patch. was playing support and i saw this guy coming on the mini map. Laid down the burst fire. I can see the bullets hitting him and the blood coming out. Dude has time to stop, scope, and kill me. He was sprinting into my bullets, and then I was dead. I'm not sure I even want to try and understand it.

I am glad that I am not the only one experiencing this. I was doing this in hardcore mode and not getting the kills, despite getting hit markers and giant spatters of blood pouring out of the guys head. I would think that walking around a corner into a constant stream of suppressive fire would make them not be able to turn and shoot you with pinpoint accuracy, but apparently I am wrong.

lagbagg.png
  • Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    It has happened so often to me that I just don't prefire anymore. I just wait till they come around the corner, at least then its a 75:25% fight instead of always just being instantly headshot.

Also M26 Mass double headshot at ~60 metres...

Cobalt60 on
    Man it seems like they are busy updating Battlelog every time I want to change servers...

• LionEyezLionEyez Registered User regular
    So I'm wondering if anyone can help me out, having some trouble running Battlefield 3 smoothly.

I have a Phenom X4 9950 quad-core and ATI HD6870 with 4 Gigs of ram, which should be enough to run on average-high settings. In game though I'll frequently experience FPS drops / laggy behaviour (not from high ping) and sometimes 0.5 - 1 second freezes. BF3 is the only game that does this. This happens both when there's a lot of action on screen (I'm willing to let this slide) or nothing is going on at all.

It hurts especially when sniping. Bringing up the scope to zoom in on something comes with noticeable lag

Or rushing to get in the tank before the enemy does, I'll press E to get in...nothing happens...press E again and suddenly I see myself inside the tank for a split second and then jump out again. Sometimes this repeats a few times while Yakety Sax plays.

For reference, my in game video settings are pretty much all on low/medium. Resolution is the lowest I can set it on. Doesn't make much of an impact on the overall smoothness, runs about the same as the higher settings when there's no stutter.