As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] 2012 Assassins! - Assassins Ball (Shipped Kits update! March 30) [106!]

1234568»

• Options
    TrandescentTrandescent Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Blah. I didn't get a single kill. I spent 2 hours walking around on saturday too looking for potential targets. I did, though, end up really vulnerable, saw an assassin tailing me (it looked like he was trying to identify my badge) so I slipped into a larger crowd and he lost me, haha.

I delivered a kit to an enforcer called Naile on Saturday because he was too busy to get his own and it turns out he was my perfect match. I obviously didnt kill him because that would be cheap but I tried to find him sunday with no luck.

I might not have found anyone or had anyone find me but I will be registering again next year because the thrill of blending into crowds and knowing I was vulnerable all the time was great.

..Oh also, Safe Zones really need to be memorized and enforced by players. I was talking to an enforcer that got assassinated in the freeplay area.

Trandescent on
    8elUgf9.png

PAX East 2018 4-Day Pass [X] BYOC Pass [X] Hotel Reservation [X]

See y'all at PAX East 2018!
  • Options
    CreamsteakCreamsteak Thrall Registered User regular
    I did manage to score exactly one kill, though the website is telling me that the event is no-longer running and I can't input the data. I assumed I would just add all of this after the fact.

• Options
    LuptoniumLuptonium Registered User regular
    I failed to kill or be killed. My wife got a kill in the concert simulcast.

• Options
    MarsCheliosMarsChelios Registered User regular
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    I did manage to score exactly one kill, though the website is telling me that the event is no-longer running and I can't input the data. I assumed I would just add all of this after the fact.

That's definitely an error. I'll have access to reliable Internet tomorrow and will be updating that so you can enter kills as well the mentioned issues with the leaderboards.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    So I didn't understand that I could kill anyone with the symbol initially. In the keynote line there was a yellow double squiggles (that's what I'll call it) that I could have killed, but maybe that was a good call as he had another guy to cover him potentially and his color/team didn't match. The same guy then spotted me on Sunday with my totally awesome fluttershy mohawk thing leaving the Westin, and I still didn't kill him. Also that same morning I managed to escape a yellow symbol that may or may not have tried to catch me in an elevator. Pure luck.

I'll tell the full hat-story in another thread when I can get to it, but suffice it to say I represented sparkly ponies pretty well by camping in the front of the line for the finale ceremonies in a giant Fluttershy Mohawk provided by the awesome @tvethiopia and watched people get into the convention center, go up to the second floor, and walk by my position with their right shoulder facing in my direction. It didn't pay off till almost event time, and I finally caught my kill (he failed to provide my next target, not that it likely would have mattered). He was a color/shape match, and I also failed to check his team, but I did collect his death card. I assume my strategy here was legitimate and while you can't pick someone off in a panel or the queue line, you can pick them off as they are moving through the convention and I'm waiting in an event line.

I then proceeded to be incredibly paranoid for the next hour and eventually things wrapped up. Actually during the ceremonies someone did tap me on the shoulder and I was seriously nervous for a second. Not only that, but he had some sort of Rarity My-Little-Pony bag and wanted to strike up a conversation about that with me. I thought this was the most elaborate assassination ever for a second, and I probably just came across as being incredibly scared. Maybe next year.

Creamsteak on
  • Options
    DreamwishDreamwish Registered User regular
    ..Oh also, Safe Zones really need to be memorized and enforced by players. I was talking to an enforcer that got assassinated in the freeplay area.

That was probably me, unless said enforcer was blond. It was cool though; he was one of only two people I saw all weekend that weren't already dead (excluding those PC Security gave kits to), so it didn't really affect anything. And I had fair amount of people ask me why the badge was upside down and/or what it was for, so maybe we'll get more players next year.

• Options
    dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    aw man, things were so crazy, i never even managed to get my kit! hope everyone had a good time with this. it was cool seeing all the assassins armbands coming through.

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Are the leaderboards screwed up for anyone else? I am confused as to how one can get 540 points with no assassinations or gathered intel.

There was a sort issue where the scores were not being linked to the correct player, fixed now. Also you should now be able to register kills and intel. If anyone runs into any issues with registering kills, send me the codes your trying to enter and I'll see what's up.

Blah. I didn't get a single kill. I spent 2 hours walking around on saturday too looking for potential targets. I did, though, end up really vulnerable, saw an assassin tailing me (it looked like he was trying to identify my badge) so I slipped into a larger crowd and he lost me, haha.

I delivered a kit to an enforcer called Naile on Saturday because he was too busy to get his own and it turns out he was my perfect match. I obviously didnt kill him because that would be cheap but I tried to find him sunday with no luck.

I might not have found anyone or had anyone find me but I will be registering again next year because the thrill of blending into crowds and knowing I was vulnerable all the time was great.

Lol, that's funny. Naile was a target for my girlfriend too! She was right next to him in an elevator at the Westin but she wasn't wearing her badge so she couldn't assassinate him. I'm glad you had fun and plan on playing again, also thanks for delivering that kit! This years experience was less than ideal but I've got some plans in place to make things run smoother for Prime and East next year. I'll post more about that soon.

MarsChelios on
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    Just an FYI, you might have 3+ more people for this next year. My friend and his now fiance (next PAX wife) seem to both want in (as well as myself).

I have read everything about the assassins, but looking for people to assassinate sounds like a lot of fun. Blending into the crowd ala Assassin's Creed sounds like an incredible thing to do. I am contemplating getting dressed up as an assassin too. Haha.

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    Now when adding my targets code I get "You can't kill yourself". I get the same thing trying to add myself (wanted to test that).

• Options
    Creamsteak wrote: »
    Now when adding my targets code I get "You can't kill yourself". I get the same thing trying to add myself (wanted to test that).

Odd. PM me the codes your trying to register and I'll look into it.