As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    As I recall, used to be that he got hit, I lost rings too. :/

Oh brilliant
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I think I got it. Had to go check, but it looks like both Sonic and Tails had separate ring counts. However, the total combined ring count was the only number that mattered for progression.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-wZyOahzvQ

TetraNitroCubane on
    VuIBhrs.png
  • Damasca RamzaDamasca Ramza AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I never could get more then 5 Chaos Emeralds without using the code in level select due to Tails smashing into everything or just not getting enough rings as Sonic alone. I'm glad they haven't done the same thing in Sonic 4 Ep. 2.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Yeah, tails can only lose rings he collected. BUT sometimes things will screw up and tails will end up infront of you (if you jump a bomb and he instead hits it, say). Then he'll be collecting a lot of the rings and thus if he gets hit after that, you're screwed.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Jumping switched your places. If Tails was in front, and you didn't want Tails in front, jump again.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I like that the new special stage mirror's Sonic 2's. Guess the hypothetical Episode 3 would have used a modern Blue Sphere.

Thank fuck Tails has his own ring count this time. D:

Blue sphere is awful and I'm glad they won't be using it.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to Sonic 4 Episode 2. Sonic 4 Episode 1 was fun despite it's flaws, but it seems SEGA's paying attention to important things like gameplay problems, I haven't played Sonic Generations on the 3DS yet, mainly because I don't have a 3DS, so I don't know how well it plays.

I'm loving the chance to play as Tails again, plus Metal Sonic being playable via DLC? Hell yes. With the gameplay being exciting and not being laggy or sluggish, this is shaping up to be one of the best Sonic games ever. May can't come soon enough.

Technically speaking, I thought Metal Sonic wasn't DLC, but a part of the Ep. 2 package, so long as you also have Ep. 1?

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • Damasca RamzaDamasca Ramza AustraliaRegistered User regular
    I'm really looking forward to Sonic 4 Episode 2. Sonic 4 Episode 1 was fun despite it's flaws, but it seems SEGA's paying attention to important things like gameplay problems, I haven't played Sonic Generations on the 3DS yet, mainly because I don't have a 3DS, so I don't know how well it plays.

I'm loving the chance to play as Tails again, plus Metal Sonic being playable via DLC? Hell yes. With the gameplay being exciting and not being laggy or sluggish, this is shaping up to be one of the best Sonic games ever. May can't come soon enough.

Technically speaking, I thought Metal Sonic wasn't DLC, but a part of the Ep. 2 package, so long as you also have Ep. 1?

If that's true, I'm screwed, I only have Ep1 on the Wii, not 360.

• plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    Jumping switched your places. If Tails was in front, and you didn't want Tails in front, jump again.

When you jump, Tails does also. You'd have to jump in a way that would make Tails not jump. Can be done, but a pain in the butt.

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • mxmarksmxmarks Registered User regular
    I never had a problem getting tails to swap to the back. I have no idea what I was doing, but I remember swapping them back and forth during the lulls in the level all the time.

PSN: mxmarks - WiiU: mxmarks - twitter: @ MikesPS4 - twitch.tv/mxmarks - "Yes, mxmarks is the King of Queens" - Unbreakable Vow
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Just found another swanky PAX Sonic Hoodie code for XBOX Avatars.

But lets make this a trivia game, first person to reply with all the correct answers will get the code.
    -In the US version of Sonic The Hedgehog Movie, what did Metal Sonic say before he died?
    -In Sonic 2, how many hits does it take to defeat Silver Sonic?
    -In Sonic Advance, what are the two mini games you play with your Chao?

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    My answers:
    1.There is only one Sonic.
    2. 4 hits....I had to recheck cause I swear it took more when I played it last year.
    3. Rock, Paper, Scissors and Card Match!

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    My answers
    1. I am sonic insert girder
    2. You can't beat him, the game ends there.(Why would you want to kill Uncle Chuck?)
    3. ?

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • TheSonicRetardTheSonicRetard Registered User regular

If that's true, I'm screwed, I only have Ep1 on the Wii, not 360.

You're screwed, unfortunately. but ep 1 recently got an across the board price drop, and I wouldn't bet against it getting another price drop when Sonic 4 ep 2 releases in 1 month.

Speaking of which: THIS GAME IS OUT IN 1 MONTH. I can't wait!

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah if they can get Ep 1 to $5 then it's basically the price of a DLC pack

PNk1Ml4.png
    Turkey wrote: »
    My answers:
    1.There is only one Sonic.
    2. 4 hits....I had to recheck cause I swear it took more when I played it last year.
    3. Rock, Paper, Scissors and Card Match!

Close.

I'll throw out a hint - Silver Sonic takes the same number of hits as EVERY normal boss in Sonic 1, 2, 3, and Knuckles (act 1 bosses not-withstanding)

• Rex DartRex Dart Registered User regular
    My answers:
    1. There is only one Sonic.
    2. 8
    3. Rock, paper, scissors and fruit card matching.

Rex Dart wrote: »
    My answers:
    1. There is only one Sonic.
    2. 8
    3. Rock, paper, scissors and fruit card matching.

Winner winner chicken dinner

Congrats @RexDart

• TurkeyTurkey So, Usoop. TampaRegistered User regular
    Grats!

• LorkLork Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Hey, so, remember that Sonic 2 HD remake from a couple weeks ago that you may have downloaded? The one with the ridiculous DRM that was so bad that it set off your antivirus software? Yeah, turns out it wasn't a false positive. The game has a keylogger.

Before you start running around like your head's on fire and cancelling all your credit cards, you should know that the keylogger only runs while the game is running, and there's no evidence so far to say that it has "phoned home" or even has the capability of doing so. Someone in the SA thread (which is where I got this info from) suggested that it might actually be a very obtuse way of recording ghost data, and that seems entirely plausible. Still, you should follow the instructions in the link to delete the game and registry keys, just to be safe.

Lork on
    Steam Profile: Lork
  • BullioBullio Registered User regular
    Must be a pretty well-known one because MSE was all over that shit before the zip file was even a third of the way downloaded when I tried downloading it at release.

steam_sig.png
    Lork wrote: »
    Hey, so, remember that Sonic 2 HD remake from a couple weeks ago that you may have downloaded? The one with the ridiculous DRM that was so bad that it set off your antivirus software? Yeah, turns out it wasn't a false positive. The game has a keylogger.

Before you start running around like your head's on fire and cancelling all your credit cards, you should know that the keylogger only runs while the game is running, and there's no evidence so far to say that it has "phoned home" or even has the capability of doing so. Someone in the SA thread (which is where I got this info from) suggested that it might actually be a very obtuse way of recording ghost data, and that seems entirely plausible. Still, you should follow the instructions in the link to delete the game and registry keys, just to be safe.

It's not for recording ghost data. It's left-over bits of an old piece of security that lOst wanted to include which would prevent you from taking screen caps or recording video within the game. It's meant to intercept keypresses and examine what you're doing, so like if you map the record button to a keypress in fraps, it'd examine what keypresses were sent and stop them before they reached fraps itself.

lOst is really, really stupid. He spent months doing this shit instead of, you know, building the game.

I guess I should also post info on how to scrub your registry clean:

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2012/04/keylogger-discovered-in-sonic-2-hd/
    Earlier today, I was contacted by a professional antivirus employee who was interested in why Sonic 2 HD consistently popped up as a threat by multiple antivirus software programs and did some investigation. His results showed that a keylogger is part of the Sonic 2 HD software. After receiving this notification, we conducted our own independent tests and found that there is indeed a keylogging program as part of the Sonic 2 HD alpha software.

I want to emphasize that at this time, we have found no evidence that the software has been “phoning home” any data—only that we have found the capability exists.

Because this vulnerability has been found, we are strongly advising that the software be removed. You will need to delete the files included with the Sonic 2 HD zip, as well as the registry keys hooked at HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/NakaSMK (if you are unfamiliar on how to do this, go to Start->Run.., type regedit, follow the folder path, and then delete the NakaSMK folder.)

We will have more information on the situation as it evolves.

-Scarred Sun

• interrobanginterrobang kawaii as  hellRegistered User regular
    i'd say that on the hierarchy of shitty things to do to people who would otherwise be supporting your game, "infecting their computer with malicious software" is pretty high on the list

• RavenpitchRavenpitch Registered User new member
    edited April 2012
    It gets better, there's a story behind this whole fiasco which dates back to...I'd say quite awhile.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/guest-editorial-in-which-i-rain-on-the-sonic-2-hd-parade/

Everything about LOst, the paranoid idiot who cause this, in this article is all detailed here. LOst is quite dumb and insane.

Ravenpitch on
  • Death of RatsDeath of Rats Registered User regular
    *slow clap*

Well played lost.

No I don't.
    Ravenpitch wrote: »
    It gets better, there's a story behind this whole fiasco which dates back to...I'd say quite awhile.

http://www.sonicretro.org/2012/03/guest-editorial-in-which-i-rain-on-the-sonic-2-hd-parade/

Everything about LOst, the paranoid idiot who cause this, in this article is all detailed here. LOst is quite dumb and insane.

It's a good read. I posted it in the OP a while back, but I think a lot of people overlooked it.

• ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    And suddenly TSR is jailed. Hmmm...

uyvfOQy.png
  • GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    *slow clap*

Well played lost.

Reynolds wrote: »
    And suddenly TSR is jailed. Hmmm...

I apparently have a "sega boner" and posting sega saturn box art is a "very serious offense."

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited April 2012
    You made a post with THIRTY-THREE (33) images in a gargantuan wall of images.

Then you made another post with THIRTY-THREE (33) inline youtube videos in a gargantuan wall of... youtube videos. Of the same games.

Further bitching about this goes in my PM inbox, as per rules:
    6 ) Do not make posts or threads about a moderator or a moderator decision.
    Contact the mod(s) directly. This includes making a thread/post asking why your thread was locked, or asking why you were jailed.

Echo on
    I was simply clarifying the implication that I somehow had something to do with this keylogger. To be sure, I warned people to avoid this since the beginning, and I have never posted a download link to Sonic 2 HD (because, among other things, the legal status of said game is in question and could possibly violate the TOS of this board).

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    That's not my inbox.

• NightshadeNightshade Registered User regular
    Somehow, up to this day I had not seen more than a passing mention of this game.

I'm glad I came in, these screens...They please me.

Your signature was too large. 500x80, please.
  • DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Man that is some sad news.

steam_sig.png
    Not that it'll make a lick of difference to those only casually following the project, but lOst has been officially removed from the project. Which means it's back to square one - no working engine anymore.

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Man, I wish them the best of luck. Maybe they'll get a programmer who's somewhat less psychotic this time, get it done in a couple of months.

Oh brilliant
    Realistically, the engine should not take that long to code. there's no excuse for art assets being done BEFORE the engine is complete. Especially for a long time member like lOst, who is big into hacking. Even for the average person, there is an entire engine wiki dedicated to breaking down the engine piece by piece. A layman could probably bang out a Sonic engine today in a few weeks.