As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The SE++ Thread for the Discussion of Video Game RPG's Both Old and New School

1616263646567»

• Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Why wouldn't you?

I like that it's easy to go back and pick up sidequests because of the time travel aspect. I don't think anything is 'missable' like in so many JRPGs.

• Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    Taking another break from Xenoblade because of sidequest overload and I'm now playing Yakuza 2, doing missions instead of the story.

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    Satanic JesusSatanic Jesus Hi, I'm Liam! with broken glassesRegistered User regular
    I'm thinking of picking up a Ys game for the PSP, which should I get?

my backloggery 3DS: 0533-5338-5186 steam: porcelain_cow goodreads
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Tales of Vesperia.

Thanks for trying.

Lost Odyssey undoubtedly had a better narrative. But gameplay flow was absolute shit.

tales games are shite

• Options
    Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Every spark of friendship and love Will die without a homeRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Tales of Vesperia.

Thanks for trying.

Lost Odyssey undoubtedly had a better narrative. But gameplay flow was absolute shit.

tales games are shite

YOU'RE SHIT

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    Oh man.

I just found my old trusty PS1. It still has a Gameshark attached.

b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    Shorty wrote: »
    Tales of Vesperia.

Thanks for trying.

tales games are shite

YOU'RE SHIT

at least I'm not a Tales game

• Options
    OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    If you hate Tales games, Shorty, you're not gonna like this one then.
    The mystery project Capcom, Sega, and Namco Bandai were rumored to be working on has finally been revealed. Website Andriasang, citing advance copies of Famitsu, says the collaboration is called Project X Zone.

Project X Zone is a strategy RPG for the 3DS. Characters from different franchises like Street Fighter and Virtua Fighter will team up in pairs for fighting scenes initiated during combat. Based on the information from Hachima blog (via Sgcafe), the characters showed off and announced for the Capcom side so far are Ryu and Ken, X and Zero from the Mega Man series, Demitri and Dante (Darkstalkers and Devil May Cry respectively), and Chris and Jill from the Resident Evil series.

The party members from the Sega side are Shinguji Sakura and Ogami Ichiro from Sakura Wars, Ulala and Touma from Space Channel 5 and Shining Force respectively, Kurt and Reila from the Valkyria Chronicles series, and Pai and Akira from the Virtua Fighter franchise.

From Namco Bandai's stable, players will get to use Sanger Somvold from Super Robot Wars, Jin and Xiaoyu from the Tekken franchise, Kos-Mos and T-elos from Xenosaga, Yurie and Estelle from Tales of Vesperia, and Black Rose and Kaito from the .hack franchise. A trailer for the game will be up this month.

• Options
    the tales games aren't bad because of the characters

they're bad because the system sucks

and that right there is a game where I get to play Zero sooooooo

sounds pretty rad