As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[COX] - City of Heroes Freedom is Live, TITAN WEAPONS are live also new iTrials

• NarbusNarbus Registered User regular
    kafziel wrote: »
    Well I believe Symbiotic Armor is supposed to heavily involve this new "Absorption" mechanic that they're adding. Unclear what that is, how it works, or how strong it will be.

From what I've read, it effectively gives you a "padding" of HP. So, if you had 1000 HP normally, absorption would give you, say, a 180 HP buffer. That buffer would have to be burned through by enemies before your 1000 HP actually went down at all. Keep in mind this is all from pigg divers and so on and whatsit.

• Jesus McChristJesus McChrist Registered User regular
    Had posted those images on my private guild forum, but, I guess some of those cats had a loud mouth. Worth noting that none of the gimmicks of the powersets (IE: Insight for Psychic Melee or the Tidal charges for Water blast) were linkable, so, only rough ideas on how those mechanics work.

if you can read this i hope you have a good day partner
  • Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    Ringo wrote: »
    My experience is with Mind/Fire so there's a bias there, but I think Mind is good with anything.

I am finally starting to enjoy my Earth/Earth dom though, once she got Earthquake.

Added: Seeds of Confusion paired with a damage secondary should be pretty much a party now that I think about it. So yeah, Plant would be good.

Doesn't Confuse reduce your XP gain? Or did they change it so that you get full XP so long as you get some damage in yourself?

• A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA mod
    My experience is with Mind/Fire so there's a bias there, but I think Mind is good with anything.

I am finally starting to enjoy my Earth/Earth dom though, once she got Earthquake.

Added: Seeds of Confusion paired with a damage secondary should be pretty much a party now that I think about it. So yeah, Plant would be good.

Doesn't Confuse reduce your XP gain? Or did they change it so that you get full XP so long as you get some damage in yourself?

It does reduce it, but people have done XP rate measurements to show it has little to no effect in normal game play. What you lose in enemy XP you make up in faster kill rates and faster mission bonus awards. Plus, once you drop Confuse you can usually drop a soft mez to reduce that effect with no threat (AoE immob for Plant or Fear for Mind).

• Fartacus_the_MightyFartacus_the_Mighty Brought to you by the letter A.Registered User regular
    A duck! wrote: »

It does reduce it, but people have done XP rate measurements to show it has little to no effect in normal game play. What you lose in enemy XP you make up in faster kill rates and faster mission bonus awards. Plus, once you drop Confuse you can usually drop a soft mez to reduce that effect with no threat (AoE immob for Plant or Fear for Mind).

Suddenly, a plants/fire dominator is looking extremely attractive. My character concept would be that of an gothy eco-terrorist who spreads greenery everywhere he goes...then burns it all down because emo.

• tricontricon Registered User regular
    Old Today, 08:34 AM
    Zwillinger
    Community Manager

Default Re: Anything new in the market this Tuesday?
    You will all be pleased to know that Staff Fighting is coming next Tuesday.
    +
    More along the lines of things you would use with a Staff Fighting character and things you would use while leveling a Staff fighting character.
    GOOD MORNING.
    boards.cityofheroes.com/showthread.php?t=287702&page=4

So Apr. 17 Staff Fighting + Weapon pack +x.

http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/Staff_Fighting

• WeX MajorsWeX Majors 8th Floor, MegashipRegistered User regular
    Well, they've already got the liger so the only thing I can think of is a new run animation
    (although really, if they don't have the option to turn that into a Darth Maul sabre, I'm not gonna give a shit.)

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Damn... not sure if I wanna go scrapper or stalker with a staff. Stalkers don't get that Perfection/Mastery mechanic.

newSig.jpg
    Oh but stalkers get that new Assassin's strike mechanic which is just delightful.

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Is that live now?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Damn... not sure if I wanna go scrapper or stalker with a staff. Stalkers don't get that Perfection/Mastery mechanic.

Well, yes and no. They do have Perfection and Mastery, they just are always in Body. Which is fine, 'cause that's what a Stalker would most want anyways.

So not only did we fight the Kronos Titan tonight, we were at it so long a Rikti invasion started in Founder's Falls.

So we ate Toasted Rikti on top of Melted Kronos. It was Awesome.

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Yea, we did!
    53Ohk.jpg
    ALSO! DeltaWeX is officially THREE BARS away from level 50. The anticipation is killing me!

• FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Narbus wrote: »
    Well I believe Symbiotic Armor is supposed to heavily involve this new "Absorption" mechanic that they're adding. Unclear what that is, how it works, or how strong it will be.

From what I've read, it effectively gives you a "padding" of HP. So, if you had 1000 HP normally, absorption would give you, say, a 180 HP buffer. That buffer would have to be burned through by enemies before your 1000 HP actually went down at all. Keep in mind this is all from pigg divers and so on and whatsit.

Absorption is going to need to provide a lot higher numbers than 10% of Max HP to be a viable defense type, for Symbiotic Armor, given it's lack of options for stacking defense to make that absorption last. 10% wouldn't even register in Incarnate content, you're going to need 80% or more. And then there's the question of "does Resistance apply before or after".

Also Primalists huh? I guess they gave up on balancing Khelds and decided to just make a new Epic Archetype that does their job but better.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
    I made up all those numbers.

I wouldn't mind if they scrapped and rebuilt Khelds to work better or as originally intended. But as we've seen changing ATs is like pulling teeth.
    No matter how much it needs to be done some people just don't want to.

newSig.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Oh hey. That patch yesterday made it so logging off no longer detoggles you. Man that Tanker of mine just got a tiny bit even more awesome.

EDIT: And now every single purple set just hit the paragonmarket on the beta boards. 2000 points per set. Whee.

Narbus on
    edited April 2012
    OH GOD MECHA SET.
    9QnTG.jpg
    ZPWkt.jpg
    CV5gI.jpg
    Not flying:
    gzbTn.jpg
    Flying:
    OVx8l.jpg
    Not flying:
    o0bha.jpg
    Flying:
    4qIt6.jpg

YOU GUYS I HAVE SO MANY ROBOTS ALREADY.

Narbus on
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    Oooo, looks nice. Too bad it's a PR-tier reward.

Too bad? Ugh. The thought of you plebes touching my wonderful, glorious robot wings...oh I shudder at the thought.

MEGAZORD SEQUENCE, HAS BEEN, INITIATED! Now if I could only add a Lion-Face chest piece.
    The main thing more than anything is if they add any new animations for this.

edited April 2012
    AeCGP.jpg

That kinda looks familiar..

Owenashi on
    WHY IS THE DOCTOR IN NIGHT WARD?!

Because they need someone capable of dealing with these fuckers:
    screenshot_120406-16-52-22.jpg

They updated and officially released the i23 overview. Find it here.

Praetorian Shadowhunter is scary.
    shadowhunter_l.jpg

So...for some reason, NOT SURE WHY, I want to make a Sonic/Time character. How's sonic as a blast?

• kafzielkafziel Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote: »
    So...for some reason, NOT SURE WHY, I want to make a Sonic/Time character. How's sonic as a blast?

Sonic is a superlative set for soloing, since Siren's Song makes most large groups a joke when you're setting your own pace. On teams, the stacking -resist will make things violent as hell.

• TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    WeX Majors wrote: »

Sonic is a superlative set for soloing, since Siren's Song makes most large groups a joke when you're setting your own pace. On teams, the stacking -resist will make things violent as hell.

Too add to this, Sonic Blast is the one time you are better off rolling Defender over Corr, So I suggest Time/Sonic. This is because Defenders get a 20% -res debuff per blast and corrs only get -15% (I think, feel free to correct me if that number is wrong.) This means that after only 2 or 3 blasts your defender is doing more damage then a corr of similar building would. The -resistance in time will only make this even more noticeable.

You do still lose scourge though, which is kind of sad.

Just tried and failed my first MoM

That was... something

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    Am I hearing this right, is it better to actually roll something..AS A DEFENDER?!
    Am I still playing City Of Heroes?

• TornelcoTornelco ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆ ☆Registered User regular
    Yep, it is better to be a defender.

It even comes with the added benefit of getting to ask the defender forums for build advice!
    No, no no no don't ever do that.

Alright well I guess I'll just roll a new Sonic Defen
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWwhIjYBan0
    aRwtV.jpg?1
    anim_c836a9c1-ece0-ed74-e5d4-2be5c3b68927.gif
    gTcMO.jpg?1
    GERONIMOOOO!

6 years, 11 months.
    From this:
    f77WT.jpg

To This:
    8pCqB.jpg

Thanks PA.

About fuckin time ;)

newSig.jpg
    So during the "Get Vitruvian To 50 So I Dont Have To Play Him Either" Quest, Japh was yelling at me because I didn't know The Big Secret about the First Meet Up between Praetoria and Primal. Rather than attempt to explain to him how I've had to view this story in a very Timey-Wimey way, I figure I'd just ask someone here to explain it.

I have no idea what he's talking about.

• CyberJackalCyberJackal Registered User regular
    I'm actually still a little unclear how things played out between Primal and Praetoria since Praetoria's revamp.

I thought it was all Portal Corp's hopping around and Cole is using that as an excuse for an "invasion" to counterattack Primal.

newSig.jpg
    You'd have to redo Maria and Tina's arc, old and new, but as I recall, the big deal is that we invaded THEM. Cole had a very good reason to keep the populace under control (Hamidon!) and then Portal Corp popped its nose in, a few heroes rushed in to save the day and ruined everything. Cole felt that his only recourse was to invade Primal Earth as well, since if he just left us sit eventually someone would want to save the poor people of Praetoria and things would go badly with the truce that had been established with the Hamidon.

This discussion has been closed.