As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Skyrim] & [The Elder Scrolls] PLEASE POST IN NEW THREAD

• Options
    WadeWilsonWadeWilson Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Since gold, silver, and gems are fairly useless (in general), jewlery is a high value smithing item, and you're not really 'wasting' materials.

WadeWilson on
  • Options
    FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    Anybody checked out this mod? Sounds pretty darn great, but I have my mods so delicately balanced that I'm afraid adding anything this extensive will blow it all away.

Duke Patrick's Heavy Weapons Combat

• Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Any teaser news about an xpack or some DLC? I haven't seen any, but I've been terrible at following Skyrim post release (mostly due to other games). I'd be absolutley estatic to hear they are working on a Bloodmoon/Tribunal/Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine style content.

ElixirSulfClipCropped1(s)1.jpg

• Options
  • Options
    MongerMonger I got the ham stink. Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Fleeb wrote: »
    Anybody checked out this mod? Sounds pretty darn great, but I have my mods so delicately balanced that I'm afraid adding anything this extensive will blow it all away.

Duke Patrick's Heavy Weapons Combat
    That guy's making mods again? I always wanted to try his combat mod for Oblivion, but he'd apparently quit in a huff and expunged it from the internet due to some bullshit mod community drama or other.
    Elixir wrote: »
    Any teaser news about an xpack or some DLC? I haven't seen any, but I've been terrible at following Skyrim post release (mostly due to other games). I'd be absolutley estatic to hear they are working on a Bloodmoon/Tribunal/Shivering Isles/Knights of the Nine style content.
    I believe they've said they're going to be announcing the first new content this month, but it hasn't happened yet.

Monger on
  • Options
    ElixirElixir Saving Your Ass Alchemists and Belts EverywhereRegistered User regular

That can't be real...

or can it...

• Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular

That can't be real...

or can it...

The chronicle of one man's descent into madness?

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    taptaptaptaptaptaptaptap

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Monger wrote: »
    I believe they've said they're going to be announcing the first new content this month, but it hasn't happened yet.

Huzzah! As cliche as it is, I hope the Dragonborn makes a trip to Solstiem. Seeing it all Dunmer-ed up would be a hoot.

Elixir on

• Options
    The ListenerThe Listener Registered User regular
    Finally got my copy of Skyrim in the mail, and have been enjoying it quite a bit so far! Been keeping it slow mod wise, though I have been dabbling in graphics mods and mods that add content rather than change the game. My argonian needs new toys to play with, after all!

• Options
  • Options
    HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    People actually have to ask if it's real or not? It's a fictional story, clearly. A clever story about video game obsession.

• Options
    Pork!Pork! Registered User regular
    Before you accuse it as being fake please note that I was also linked to this by the same reliable sources that provided BEN Drowned and the haunted Pokemon games, so there may be truth to it.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Pork! wrote: »
    Before you accuse it as being fake please note that I was also linked to this by the same reliable sources that provided BEN Drowned and the haunted Pokemon games, so there may be truth to it.

I'm not going to lie, I can't even think the words 'haunted Pokemon games' and keep a strait face.

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I looked into this, and apparently it is NOT a prank: http://www.bethblog.com/2012/04/12/kinect-support-coming-to-skyrim/

I like Skyrim so much that I'll willfully forget about this. But I hope the next update or DLC is actually worthwhile.

• Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    I'm loving Skyrim's post-release support.

• Options
    Pork!Pork! Registered User regular
    I swear to god if the kid next door takes my wall down with a FUS RO DAH aimed at his T.V I'm going to be pissed.

Also, huh, Kinect is still a thing people want(?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I assume the problem here is that you're all feeling a bit of jealousy over the fact that all your friends (who are more charming and attractive than you) can yell at their TVs, but you can't yell at your PCs. Rest easy, friends! You could have been yelling at your monitor way before yelling at screens was cool.

• Options
    Luncheon LoafLuncheon Loaf Registered User regular
    Holy shit that is awesome.

xbl: halophilicNC
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    Monger wrote: »
    I assume the problem here is that you're all feeling a bit of jealousy over the fact that all your friends (who are more charming and attractive than you) can yell at their TVs, but you can't yell at your PCs. Rest easy, friends! You could have been yelling at your monitor way before yelling at screens was cool.

That actually sounds like it could be pretty useful. Not having to manually select which Shout to use, and being able to direct your followers sounds nice.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Is there a voice command for, "Hey I shot that arrow into a wall, it was a distraction, it was not a signal to attack, you dumbass quest companion."

Because that would have been handy that one time.

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I looked into this, and apparently it is NOT a prank: http://www.bethblog.com/2012/04/12/kinect-support-coming-to-skyrim/

I like Skyrim so much that I'll willfully forget about this. But I hope the next update or DLC is actually worthwhile.

I play Skyrim on Xbox. I have a Kinect in my apartment! It's not mine, but it could be hooked up to the only Xbox in the apartment. It is not.

I don't think most Skyrim players want Kinect support. I DO think Microsoft wants Skyrim players to want Kinect support, though.

• Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    I gladly welcome Kinect support in Skyrim.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    So I haven't played Skyrim on my PC for several months now, since before they released the HD pack

With the new patches and such out now, what do I do about my mods?

Should I just do a clean reinstall at this point? Or do I just need the latest SKSE thingy and I'll still be good to go?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    TeriferinTeriferin Registered User regular
    Is there a voice command for, "Hey I shot that arrow into a wall, it was a distraction, it was not a signal to attack, you dumbass quest companion."

Because that would have been handy that one time.

You don't shoot arrows into walls. You put arrows through their heads. That's the greatest distraction of all!

teriferin#1625
  • Options
    So I haven't played Skyrim on my PC for several months now, since before they released the HD pack

With the new patches and such out now, what do I do about my mods?

Should I just do a clean reinstall at this point? Or do I just need the latest SKSE thingy and I'll still be good to go?

Shouldn't need to reinstall, old mods should work fine with the new patches. Except for things like SKSE of course. So make sure that's updated and you should be good.

• Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular
    So I've got a question about the quest "Blood on the Ice" in Windhelm,
    I can't find Viola Giordano. I've walked the streets for several days, I've made the rounds at Candlehearth Hall upwards of a dozen times, and I've even picked the lock at her house and then let my character sit in a chair for basically an entire day waiting for her to wander in. I later found a coffin in the temple of arkay which contained a lot of personal effects, including the key to her house -- is she somehow dead in my game?

I already know who did it. When I gave up on finding Viola, I went to Calixto's, picked his pocket, and used his key to locate the last journal and the murder weapon. Is there *any* way for me to clear this quest without finding Viola?

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    SammyF wrote: »
    I can't find Viola Giordano. I've walked the streets for several days, I've made the rounds at Candlehearth Hall upwards of a dozen times, and I've even picked the lock at her house and then let my character sit in a chair for basically an entire day waiting for her to wander in. I later found a coffin in the temple of arkay which contained a lot of personal effects, including the key to her house -- is she somehow dead in my game?

I already know who did it. When I gave up on finding Viola, I went to Calixto's, picked his pocket, and used his key to locate the last journal and the murder weapon. Is there *any* way for me to clear this quest without finding Viola?

That quest bothered me something awful.
    I mean, I figured it out the minute I set foot in that creepy museum. Then I stole the killer's key and yoinked the evidence (which hilariously lists as red-for-stolen... yes, guards, please take this stolen property. Maybe look at it before you give it back to him, though). I tried to take the evidence to the authorities. No dice. I even tried to kill him, but he's invulnerable while the quest is active. Why do I have to go through the song and dance of stopping him moments before he takes his next victim if I already have everything I need to stop him because I've seen a crime movie before?

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Pork! wrote: »

I'm not going to lie, I can't even think the words 'haunted Pokemon games' and keep a strait face.

It's a fascinating story, of course, but the big problem is the notion that no one would be able to open it in the Construction Kit. Ever.

That's pretty hard to swallow.

EDIT: Also, the Pokemon one is pretty entertaining, poetic in its own way.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    SammyFSammyF Registered User regular

I mean, I figured it out the minute I set foot in that creepy museum. Then I stole the killer's key and yoinked the evidence (which hilariously lists as red-for-stolen... yes, guards, please take this stolen property. Maybe look at it before you give it back to him, though). I tried to take the evidence to the authorities. No dice. I even tried to kill him, but he's invulnerable while the quest is active. Why do I have to go through the song and dance of stopping him moments before he takes his next victim if I already have everything I need to stop him because I've seen a crime movie before?

I know, right? There's one of these "solve a murder" quests in every single Elder Scrolls game, at least as far as I can remember, and I always enjoy them because they're the sort of quests that encourage you to read/listen to the other characters in the game and think about what they say. I have no idea how I broke this one, but I'm aggravated as hell.

In other news, my favorite companion is stuck on an ice flo north of Winterhold. Or maybe it'd be more appropriate to say that he's stuck "over" an ice flo; he's levitating about half a foot. Using the rest feature a few times didn't make him reappear next to me, I tried dismissing him as a companion so that he'd return home (but he didn't), and because I used rest so many times to try and correct the issue, I can't restore a previous autosave to a point in time when he wasn't stuck floating in the air like a freezeframe at the end of an episode of Saved by the Bell.

And because I'm playing on the 360, I'm pretty sure I'm irrevocably stuck with this shit.

• Options

I know, right? There's one of these "solve a murder" quests in every single Elder Scrolls game, at least as far as I can remember, and I always enjoy them because they're the sort of quests that encourage you to read/listen to the other characters in the game and think about what they say. I have no idea how I broke this one, but I'm aggravated as hell.

In other news, my favorite companion is stuck on an ice flo north of Winterhold. Or maybe it'd be more appropriate to say that he's stuck "over" an ice flo; he's levitating about half a foot. Using the rest feature a few times didn't make him reappear next to me, I tried dismissing him as a companion so that he'd return home (but he didn't), and because I used rest so many times to try and correct the issue, I can't restore a previous autosave to a point in time when he wasn't stuck floating in the air like a freezeframe at the end of an episode of Saved by the Bell.

And because I'm playing on the 360, I'm pretty sure I'm irrevocably stuck with this shit.
    Did you try fast traveling while he was still following you? Neither the rest or the dismissal would've actually reset his position. Fast travel should.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    If that doesn't work, you could try Fus Ro Dahing him.

• Options
    Cucco LeaderCucco Leader Registered User regular

The thing that really bothered me about that quest.
    That you have to sell the amulet to the guy to get the good reward. He has the embalming instruments on display! He was at the crime scene!
    The answer to the quest, if you haven't already figured it out.
    Talk to that Undying jarl's court mage guy. I don't think you have to actually talk to Viola. I might be wrong. I think you just have to accuse him and follow the dialogue and he will tell you what to do next.

• Options
    LeptonLepton Registered User regular
    Was anybody else disturbed by the number of Falmer corpses without ears?

• Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    Man, the Advanced Kill Move mod makes combat much more fun. The last enemy requirement was pretty lame.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Lepton wrote: »

Immensely. What mad hatter is harvesting their ears without killing them!

• Options
    SoulGateSoulGate Registered User regular
    Lepton wrote: »

Immensely. What mad hatter is harvesting their ears without killing them!

Well, when you put it that way, probably Sheogorath.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Well, if you kill all the falmer for their ears, who's going to make more falmer for next years ear harvest?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    Well, if you kill all the falmer for their ears, who's going to make more falmer for next years ear harvest?

I'm now imaging Sheogorath as a Reaper. I find this both amusing and disturbing.

• Options
    Gandalf_the_CrazedGandalf_the_Crazed Vigilo ConfidoRegistered User regular
    Basil wrote: »

I'm now imaging Sheogorath as a Reaper. I find this both amusing and disturbing.

"THIS HURTS YA, LADDIE!"

PEUsig_zps56da03ec.jpg
This discussion has been closed.