As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo eShop] THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    Wow, Colors 3D is a lot of fun, even though I'm one of the worst "artists" who has ever lived! I like drawing something and then just watching the video of the drawing process. Very cool.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Graviija wrote: »
    Wow, Colors 3D is a lot of fun, even though I'm one of the worst "artists" who has ever lived! I like drawing something and then just watching the video of the drawing process. Very cool.

The photo reference feature is great for learning to paint better. Even tracing over an existing picture will help make you a better artist - you'll learn how light reflects off of different objects, how to use highlight and shadow, etc.

I find that colors with very low opaqueness (turn the second slider way down) help you blend colors together very well, but you have to be careful with it. If you make it a little too opaque you'll end up with just a big blob, you want it to be a smooth fade.

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DritzDritz CanadaRegistered User regular
    Does Color's let you share stuff with people on your friends list?

There I was, 3DS: 2621-2671-9899 (Ekera), Wii U: LostCrescendo
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMXNQodAzrE

A quick Colors 3D review that touches on all the features. Looks fun!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Dritz wrote: »
    Does Color's let you share stuff with people on your friends list?

Not directly, I don't think...but it has the huge community gallery I linked on the previous page, with comments and ratings and all that. And you can export any of your pictures to your SD card, or just upload to the gallery and look it up on PC. You can save 3D MPO versions of your pictures too.

Technically you could export a pic to the SD card and set it as the background of a swapnote and send that to people, yes. :)

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
    I'm kinda disappointed I can't just look at the galleries of friends that I already have swapped codes with, but other than that, it's pretty boss.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    So here's my first piece.

As with most of the artwork on the online gallery, it looks much better in 3D.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    Man, I'm starting to want that app more and more. I'm mostly afraid of how bad I'll be at it.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    Here's one more.

I need to get some sleep now, lest I start another 2-hour piece of artwork.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    That's awesome, mz. I guess I should give it a try..... if it goes badly I'm only out $7, right?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I can't get Colors 3D online. I use the public wifi at my college and you need to authenticate with the internet browser. Usually I can get Swapnote and the eshop to work after a few tries but Colors and my friends list never work. It just tells me that I can't connect to the server.

In a few weeks the semester will be over and I'll have better wifi. Then I will upload all of my silly drawings.

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    If it lets you save them to your 3ds pictures, you can upload them from the web browser.

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    agoaj wrote: »
    If it lets you save them to your 3ds pictures, you can upload them from the web browser.

I didn't know I could do this. I thought I could only upload from the game itself. I made an account so I will upload some drawings tonight.

PS: The Temple of Time picture on the front page is amazing.

• Options
    NanaNana Fuzzy Little Yeti Registered User regular
    Anyone who is doing colors 3D please add me to your friends list: Nana - 3823-8688-4581

Lets share pretty arts with street pass! None of my friends are swap-noting the drawings they are doing. :(

My Colors 3D nick is: PixelSarus
    http://colorslive.com/details/61336-Sparrow_and_Mountains_by_PixelSarus.php
    http://colorslive.com/details/62105-African_Grey_in_a_cage._by_PixelSarus.php

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8688-4581
  • Options
    NanaNana Fuzzy Little Yeti Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    PS: The Temple of Time picture on the front page is amazing.

When I saw the thumbnail for that I thought it was a screenshot someone painted over, very impressive!

3DS Friend Code: 3823-8688-4581
  • Options
    Where on the SD card does it save? I found the jpg of my painting, but the Colors website also wants a .drw and .tmb file. The folders on my SD card are just random numbers and letters.

• Options
    Holy crap! Some of those drawings are amazing!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I sent out my (not nearly as good as Nana's) first Colors 3D pic, though it doesn't look nearly as sharp in Swapnote as it does when just looking at the exported picture.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    I'm still trying to nail down how my airbrush and pressure/opacity technique. Gonna take me a while to get it perfect.

The Kid Icarus stand makes a great easel, by the way.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    MblackwellMblackwell Registered User regular
    Not to interrupt the Colors 3D talk but I finally picked up Pushmo...

I can't believe I hesitated at all buying this before! It's so ridiculously fun and the puzzles just never end. Game of the Year!

Music: The Rejected Applications | Nintendo Network ID: Mblackwell

• Options
    I know this isn't the general 3DS thread, but this isn't worth making an entire thread over:

Now that we're over a year in, what're we looking at on the extended life battery front?

I don't need one for everyday use but I'm considering picking one up for a trip later this year.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    I've got the Nyko Power Grip, and it's fantastic.
    3DS_PowerGrip_product_new.jpg

Snap on when you need it, pop it out when you don't. Can charge through it so you don't have to take it off, and no screws or replacing your stock battery so CPP and dock are still usable when it's not on.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Wait, Colors came out? Great!

Oh, I see it only came out for the Americas. And no news about a Japanese release. :(

• Options
    Just finished Mutant Mudds over the weekend. 40/40 complete.

The good: great old-school action and gameplay.
    The bad: nothing to do once it's complete....except start all over!

Up to you to decide whether it's worth a purchase. I'd say absolutely.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Only 1-2 hours though. Neat Idea, but If I need power, I'm probably going to want more than 1-2 more hours.

I do kinda wish the grip had a flat bottom instead of indents for "grip" and just stuffed a larger battery in there. The grip indent isn't perfect.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    ArcSyn wrote: »
    Only 1-2 hours though. Neat Idea, but If I need power, I'm probably going to want more than 1-2 more hours.

I do kinda wish the grip had a flat bottom instead of indents for "grip" and just stuffed a larger battery in there. The grip indent isn't perfect.

I already get around five with what's in the 3DS. I figure an extra two should suffice.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Just beat PushMo B-12 and B-13. Feeling pretty good right now. Only 4 more puzzles to go.

Thinking I might pick up Colors, but not sure. How good is it at teaching or is it not really like Art Academy? I'm fairly terrible at art, so not sure if I'll get as much use as some of you who have sent some amazing Swapnote images my way.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Just beat PushMo B-12 and B-13. Feeling pretty good right now. Only 4 more puzzles to go.

Thinking I might pick up Colors, but not sure. How good is it at teaching or is it not really like Art Academy? I'm fairly terrible at art, so not sure if I'll get as much use as some of you who have sent some amazing Swapnote images my way.

No teaching, literally just a paint app.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    In some ways Colors is better than Art Academy; in other ways it's not as good. Art Academy has lessons and is a little more like traditional drawing and painting. You select your pencils, you can mix paint, add water to your brush etc. Colors 3D has digital painting features (like layers and undo) and you can watch the timelapse of your image. You can also upload your pictures to the Colors Gallery.

• Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    So I made these for the friend code site if someone needs something a bit more visible for their sigs.

sig.php?id=43

You can find them on the site if you want one of your own.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    So I made these for the friend code site if someone needs something a bit more visible for their sigs.

sig.php?id=43

Wow that's pretty damn sweet.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options

sig.php?id=43

Wouldn't it be better if the area behind "3DS" was transparent so the forum color showed through?

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    SirUltimosSirUltimos Don't talk, Rusty. Just paint. Registered User regular
    I'm actually working on different themes right now. I haven't gotten transparency working yet, but that's the idea!

• Options
    I'm actually working on different themes right now. I haven't gotten transparency working yet, but that's the idea!

I may steal your idea for make a hybrid 3DS/Xbox Live bar, since my livecard stopped working.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I think I may have to call Nintendo - my 3DS won't charge from the back plug anymore - I can charge directly to the battery, but it seems the actual plug on the back must be loose or something. Makes it so I can't play and charge at the same time :(

I really like the 3ds report thing they come out with every week or two, it's a great way to be able to see what a game truly looks like in 3d before buying it. What I can't stand is when you go to preview a game and it's a 2d video of a commercial and you can't see anything about the game. A bunch of them have just a far back view of both screens and that's crammed into just your top screen so you're left with no clue what the game actually looks like in motion.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Totally call Nintendo, it has great customer service.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    Really hate when a game card gets ejected while my 3DS is in my pocket. All those steps for nothing.

FU7kFbw.png
  • Options
    Really hate when a game card gets ejected while my 3DS is in my pocket. All those steps for nothing.

? If a game comes out of the slot it doesn't count the steps anymore? I didn't think it would care.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    edited April 2012

? If a game comes out of the slot it doesn't count the steps anymore? I didn't think it would care.

Perhaps I should have specified. Steps within Nintendogs.

Edit: Though to be honest I don't know if even the OS is counting steps when the "YOU EJECTED THE GAME CARD DUMMY, YOU GOTS TO RESTART THE SYSTEM" message is on the screen.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
This discussion has been closed.