As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Football/Soccer] Chamack to score 30 goals for West Ham

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Newcastle Jets cannot self-terminate.

The A-League is just a mess lately.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    What do you get when you cross Dirk Kuyt with a football?
    A goal kick

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Whatever you think about Andy Carroll, he gets up for headers like no one else
    BWIjo.gif

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/thegoalkeeper/146883965.html
    so, chelsea vs MLS all-stars at PPL park this summer.
    Watching the United vs Wigan match and its always nice to A) see a minnow taking it to united, and B) Actualy do it with attacking flair. Well played game by wigan, really well played.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Does no Manchester club want to win this title? Arsenal only 15 points back... :)

Updated my multiplayer FM12 thread...

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/158559/moscow-kick-about-an-fm12-multiplayer-game-in-the-motherland

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    It's as if United are trying to give me a heart attack.

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    Tav wrote: »

A friend of a friend bought bought a tshirt that says champ20ns. Blame him. I am.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    Commoli sacked as director of football for Liverpool. Deserved, he's crap... but the club continuing to ignore the more obvious reason for their decline... Dalglish.

• Options
    didn't dalglish after they sacked their coach they started the season with ? and actually get some results ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    DiarmuidDiarmuid Amazing Meatball Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    A lot of people being moved on in Liverpool today besides Comolli. Interesting things are happening, or will be happening soon.

Diarmuid on
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    evilbob wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »

A friend of a friend bought bought a tshirt that says champ20ns. Blame him. I am.

hatetodeath.png

Tav on
  • Options
    As much as I agree that the derby will most likely determine the champion, I think that May 6th might actually be more vital. United host Swansea and should have no problem gaining a win. City takes their shitty away record to Newcastle, who are desperate for points in the fourth-place fight. And City can only be one point ahead after the derby at most--they'll likely be two points behind.

Of course, attitudes might change should Tottenham or Newcastle find themselves firmly in the Champion's League before then, but I don't see that happening. That's in keeping with the tone of the season now--anything can happen.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    The Carolina Railhawks got a once-over from the MLS higher-ups.

Nothing serious, apparently, but a once-over.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    I know North America likes wacky team names but what the fuck is a railhawk?

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    I know North America likes wacky team names but what the fuck is a railhawk?

http://trisoccerfan.com/nucleus/index.php?itemid=255

Nothing, apparently

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    They were there looking at the whole area, they pretty much have said with out a doubt the 20th team will be a 2nd New York team, they are even going so far as to find a place to build a stadium at in the burrows etc. Witch Pisses me off cause DC united, one of the more Storied franchises in the league is having Stadium issues, and the league isn't doing shit for them, so it still looks like DC might end up moving , Witch is utter bullshit.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Didn't the Cosmos bid fall through or did that come back to life?

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    Starting a FM2012 game with Portsmouth. This is probably not going to be very fun.

• Options
    Arikado wrote: »
    Didn't the Cosmos bid fall through or did that come back to life?
    that's the thing, there is no bid. They are doing this to Lure someone to bring a team there, nothing more. That's what the total kicker is.

• Options
    Anybody know if there is a website dedicated to CONCACAF? Other than the official site, that is. I know there are American, Canadian and Mexican centric ones, but anything that ties them all into one site for news and stuff?

• Options
    Yeah, the Cosmos bid is just being fucked up on every concievable level. If the bid was at all competently put-together, they'd have that team by now. But it's going so badly they might just lose the bid to someone else.

• Options
    ArikadoArikado Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    By the way, while we're on the Cosmos, if you haven't see the documentary about the Cosmos, you definitely should. You can stream it if you got Netflix. It's called "Once In A Lifetime".

BNet: Arikado#1153 | Steam | LoL: Anzen
  • Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Piermario Morosini, a Serie B player died of a heart attack on the pitch today - sad this happened so soon after Muamba

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »
    Piermario Morosini, a Serie B player died of a heart attack on the pitch today - sad this happened so soon after Muamba

I came in here to post that story. Sad indeed. It makes you wonder how something like this happens? A 25 year old who has been training and running this hard since he was a little kid and the heart just decides to stop?

May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    My uncle was fit as fuck, died halfway through a half marathon. Didn't even have a heart attack, heart just stopped and he was probably dead before he hit the ground. Turned out he had some congenital heart defect.

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    I think I've found the tale of the single worst refereeing job of all time. (2010, Nigeria, Lobi Stars vs. Heartland.)

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    63 now for Messi. 8 games to go!

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    the pictures of Brad Jones at the semi-final are amazing

• Options
    edited April 2012
    All right, so, I'm starting to try and wind down on the book. The plan is, as I've said, I'm going to Chicago Fire/FC Dallas on May 23rd. I have two days off after that. I'll be spending them trying to make a final mad dash. By the end of May 25th, I hope to be able to send a manuscript to the liason I've got waiting for my signal.

So that noted, since recent 'have you got team X' queries have tended to end in me having to rattle off the list of clubs from whatever country has been asked about, and since I'm pretty sure by now that I'm in the home stretch, I figure I should probably put a Google Docs file up of the spreadsheet I've been working off of this entire time, so it can be made clear exactly where I stand. (The manuscript itself, that's for my eyes only. And the liason's. And I know and trust the liason.)

Here's that link, as of right now.

Here's how to read it:

*The first pair of columns is the list of clubs included thus far, along with the country under which I've categorized them. Clubs are categorized under their geographical location, not the national pyramid under which they play. So Swansea City is categorized as Wales, Toronto FC is categorized as Canada, The New Saints is categorized as England, etc. When that happens, I always have taken care to note their actual pyramid. Clubs in red are clubs I feel could use a sprucing-up, should I be able to find more usable info on them. (This includes all the little piddly nations that only have a club included out of a sense of obligation and which have been dismissed with a pithy little blurb.)
    *The second pair of columns is the 'on-deck circle' I've been referring to. When I choose the next club, it comes out of that set.
    *The third pair of columns is the 'got nothing' set of clubs. I've made an attempt on them and came up with not enough information to be able to use them. (Though I'm open to tossing them in should something come up.)
    *The fourth pair of columns is the number of clubs for each country. Countries in green have been locked down- that is, I don't have any more clubs I plan to use for that country. Should one make itself known in the news or should I stumble upon one- and it has happened (see also: Shanghai Shenhua and Tianjn Teda)- I'll certainly include them, but if not, I'll live.

Make of it what you will. (Word count is 273,802, by the way.)

Gosling on
  • Options
    582499_345155815542088_114682465256092_983064_625386955_n.jpg

l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    HitsuraptorHitsuraptor Registered User regular
    Ou if we're playing that game
    NXHAP.jpg

• Options
    soooo, Wigan 2 - arrsenal 0 yeah...not even 20 mins gone. though I do like arsenals chances to come back.

• Options
    Draeven wrote: »
    soooo, Wigan 2 - arrsenal 0 yeah...not even 20 mins gone. though I do like arsenals chances to come back.

Well the Verminator just pulled one back, and Arsenal have come back to win three matches when two goals down this season. Yeah, wouldn't bet against...

• Options
    Well, Wigan are definitely trying to avoid the drop. though isn't this how they roll every year ? play like dump for the first 6 months or more only to pull out enough pts to avoid the drop.

• Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Ehhhhhh....

2012-04-16-usa-home-jersey-launch-intro-email.jpg

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Cooled BY LASERS

At least the away kit isn't so terrible:

usa-home-soccer-shirt-nike.jpeg

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    The horizontal stripes? I hate the horizontal stripes. Horizontal stripes make everyone look like Dennis the Menace.

• Options
    toxk_02toxk_02 Registered User regular
    Oh god Brek Shea will totally be Dennis the Menace.

All I know is Nike better not mess around with the 2014 World Cup kits. Assuming the US qualifies that is *wheeeeeeeeeeeeee*

OTP.jpg
  • Options
    Dyvim TvarDyvim Tvar Registered User regular
    I was starting to worry that we were developing a level of competence for a little while, good to know we can be relied on not to let that happen.
    Also stop playing Ramsey, I don't care who gets injured just stop it!

Everyone is different. Everyone is special.
  • Options
    I dont mind the hoobs my self, there could of been worse options.
    im curious what the alternate kit is gonna be.

This discussion has been closed.