As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[EAST] Enforcer shout-out

kieran57kieran57 Registered User new member
edited December 2012 in PAX Archive
I wanted to give a major shout out to the Enforcers. I somehow managed to lose my three-day pass by the coat check on friday morning. I never did find the thing. I found a enforcer in a near blind panic and he gave me a new pass immediately. I didn't even catch your name, but you saved my entire PAX East trip. Thank you very much! You guys are the best!

zerzhul on

• yockyock Registered User regular
    Here here, there was a point when my phone died and I couldn't get on the internet at the BCEC and one of the Enforcers let me borrow their laptop to look up directions. The enforcers year after year make PAX East the best weekend of the year.

• MrGone1980MrGone1980 Registered User regular
    Losage was mad cool. I don't really bug the enforcers much but they're awesome and always chill.

I felt bad for the enforcer forced to sit outside the jamspace on Friday night and tell everyone it was closed. He had a shit job that night. Forgot his name.

• KellyShepard087KellyShepard087 Myrtle Beach SCRegistered User regular
    Major shout out to the Enforcers! You guys are amazing and make Pax so much better! Those Enforcers who were with the cookie brigade, thank you! It was so much fun to be waiting in the Queue hall and have red shirts handing out cookies! heehee.

I didn't catch the name of the big guy Enforcer with the black kilt, but your repeated compliments on my Spartan cosplay made my day. It was so amazing to have an Enforcer, who sees so much cosplay, to truly compliment me on my first cosplay. I just really wan tot thank you!

- Biting's excellent! It's like kissing. Only there's a winner.

Pax Attendee/Enforcer:
    Prime - '11 Attendee, '12 Enforcer, '13 Enforcer
    East - '12 Attendee, '15 Enforcer
  • rascalrascal Registered User regular
    The Enforcers were fantastic! Every one of them was helpful, friendly and just all around nice. Thank you!

• WizardWizard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    The Enforcer running the Virtual On tournament on Sunday (I think it was Turduckin? Turducken? I'm sorry, I didn't really catch his name.) deserves every bit of praise I can offer. He was thoughtful and helpful when one of my friends was upset from having a stressful time, and really helped her have a slightly better PAX.

I don't know if he'll see this post, and I don't really have the right words, but you're a paragon among PAXers, Turduckin. Thank you.

Wizard on
  • GamesharkGameshark Watch how I soar Registered User regular
    While all enforcers deserve recognition, I wanted to give a few specific shout-outs:
    To the enforcer working the right side of the medical area of the Main Theatre (wearing a Bandana), awesome job. i have a soft spot in my heart for people who tell me that they "remember me".
    To the enforcer at the Lollipop Chainsaw line on Sunday, thanks for telling me about the rhythm Final Fantasy game at the Squire Enix booth! Checked it out after and had a great time.

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    To the Enforcer at the Khoo & A on Friday night and the Main Theatre on Saturday: I'm the girl who invented "Khoo Queue." I came up on Saturday to ask if there were any QR codes in the Main Theatre, and you remembered my name from the night before. I don't know HOW you remembered my name, out of the entire con worth of attendees, or why you even bothered. But that one thing completely blew my mind, and made my experience that much better. It's one thing to feel like you belong somewhere and people care about you, and another thing entirely when someone proves it.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • ScorpiusScorpius Registered User regular
    I heart the red haired enforcer who helped me play Soul Caliber 5 in the Free Play room. I rarely have the opportunity to mess with consoles anymore and I had no idea if my controller was broken or I was just clueless.

• jprime84jprime84 Registered User regular
    Thanks to the enforcer running the bag check. We were leaving for the airport and I had somehow lost the tag for one of my two bags. I was afraid it would be a whole ordeal to get my stuff but with some simple discussion I had my stuff and was on my way.

Didn't stop delta from losing the bag though.

• MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    rascal wrote: »
    The Enforcers were fantastic! Every one of them was helpful, friendly and just all around nice. Thank you!

Sadly I can't agree with this...
    Although most of them are great, i've seen some bad ones.
    I saw one guy ask about a panel and have some enforcer tell him "theres a line somewhere, go figure it out" to me thats just being a dick for no reason. That and watching them kick certain people out of panels while letting others stay, hardly seems fair (and no I wasn't one of the people I sadly missed almost every panel). I think the group as a whole might be getting too big.

Oh well to all the good enforcers, thank you.

• carstairscarstairs Registered User regular
    I have yet to see a bad Enforcer.

Major props to those with the unenviable job of keeping the masses entertained while standing on line. Guy with hat before the Giant Bomb panel, your showmanship was much appreciated.

• AlęxAlęx Registered User regular
    Shout out to the female enforcer who was working console freeplay after she lost her voice. That takes mad dedication.

PAX East 2012 [ ]
    PAX East 2011 [ x ]
    PAX East 2010 [ x ]
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    In an attempt to match names to descriptions:
    Wizard wrote: »
    The Enforcer running the Virtual On tournament on Sunday (I think it was Turduckin? Turducken? I'm sorry, I didn't really catch his name.) deserves every bit of praise I can offer. He was thoughtful and helpful when one of my friends was upset from having a stressful time, and really helped her have a slightly better PAX.

I don't know if he'll see this post, and I don't really have the right words, but you're a paragon among PAXers, Turduckin. Thank you.
    This was, in fact, Turduckin.
    Gameshark wrote: »
    While all enforcers deserve recognition, I wanted to give a few specific shout-outs:
    To the enforcer working the right side of the medical area of the Main Theatre (wearing a Bandana), awesome job. i have a soft spot in my heart for people who tell me that they "remember me".
    To the enforcer at the Lollipop Chainsaw line on Sunday, thanks for telling me about the rhythm Final Fantasy game at the Squire Enix booth! Checked it out after and had a great time.
    That would be Doc, who specializes in taking care of folks with medical badges in Main Theatre. He helped out with that area all weekend.

I'll try to pass on the word to those who are mentioned in this thread. Thanks for being great, folks!

a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • ThatGuyGregThatGuyGreg [E] - Satellite Theater Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Alęx wrote: »
    Shout out to the female enforcer who was working console freeplay after she lost her voice. That takes mad dedication.

Maybe Illix - dedication indeed.

ThatGuyGreg on
    I00SuxJ.png
  • jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    As this was my first PAX, I was expecting to be irritated with all the lining up as I don't like people all that much (no offense to all you... people). I've helped organize shows before, but this was beyond genius. The Enforcers really made the show enjoyable and stress free for us. Special shout-out to the guy who kept us entertained at the Khoo & A and the final Omegathon round. He was the asian dude holding the "Thanks for noticing this notice" with the megaphone.

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Knight: Thanks for chatting with me on Sunday night after everything was over. I shared your PAX Prime vs East costs with me roommate and it inspired him to start planning for Prime. I have also decided that I am going to apply for an Enforcer position for East next year in hopes of helping you not be so frazzled by the time everything is over.

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • ParallelParallel Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Every Enforcer I interacted with was great, but there was one who stood out. She was handing out the mike for the Q&A during the Transmedia panel. I stood up to ask a question, which is the first time I've ever gotten up the courage to do so. I have a tremor that gets worse when I'm nervous and I'm sure I looked a mess between the blushing and the shaking. After I asked my question she quietly said 'good job'...I'm really not sure if she noticed how anxious I was or just liked the question, but it made me feel much better. She was wearing cat ears and a collar...whoever you are, thanks so much!

Parallel on
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    edited April 2012

I'm almost positive this was Zeus.
    Knight: Thanks for chatting with me on Sunday night after everything was over. I shared your PAX Prime vs East costs with me roommate and it inspired him to start planning for Prime. I have also decided that I am going to apply for an Enforcer position for East next year in hopes of helping you not be so frazzled by the time everything is over.

Hah, no problem. And I doubt you'll manage to unfrazzle me, but now maybe you'll be frazzled too! Mwahaha! :D

Knight_ on
    aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    Interacting with Enforcers is always one of my favorite parts of PAX. Even though I often get lost or turned around, or have a stupid question, I know I can feel comfortable asking an enforcer and they'll do their best to help me. This year was no exception, and I probably interacted with no less than ten to twenty enforcers over the course of the weekend because I'm a scatterbrain and I'm sometimes super stressed at PAX. Thanks for being patient with me.

Also, he was off-duty at the time, but thanks to the tall, red-haired enforcer from California who waited patiently for a battle Friday, Saturday, AND Sunday, just to get my badge. <3

That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • PayneTraynePayneTrayne Canuck Registered User regular
    Coming back home and NOT being able to ask people in red shirts for help is gonna take a while to adjust to.

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • AvianAvian #1 Runner Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

Seconded.

• GirlZeusGirlZeus Registered User new member
    Avian wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »

Seconded.

I even had a sign! Thank you guys. I got through it just fine but MAN am I ever drinking a lot of tea since getting back to Portland. :)

• antheremantherem Registered User regular
    All of the enforcers in Tabletop were quite pleasant (not that the others weren't, those are just the ones I saw the most of.) Special shoutout to the "I have answers" guy by the game library who gave us a great rundown of how enforcing worked and the expectations thereof.

• DanUNGDanUNG Registered User regular
    Big shout-outs to the Enforcers working in the Bandland area. I believe one's name was Derrick and the other was a girl with short hair who brought me a wide selection of trail mix and energy bars when I complained of hunger. <3 you both

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    jjjewels wrote: »
    As this was my first PAX, I was expecting to be irritated with all the lining up as I don't like people all that much (no offense to all you... people). I've helped organize shows before, but this was beyond genius. The Enforcers really made the show enjoyable and stress free for us. Special shout-out to the guy who kept us entertained at the Khoo & A and the final Omegathon round. He was the asian dude holding the "Thanks for noticing this notice" with the megaphone.

That sounds like FifthSurprise to me. He's great.

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Parallel wrote: »
    Every Enforcer I interacted with was great, but there was one who stood out. She was handing out the mike for the Q&A during the Transmedia panel. I stood up to ask a question, which is the first time I've ever gotten up the courage to do so. I have a tremor that gets worse when I'm nervous and I'm sure I looked a mess between the blushing and the shaking. After I asked my question she quietly said 'good job'...I'm really not sure if she noticed how anxious I was or just liked the question, but it made me feel much better. She was wearing cat ears and a collar...whoever you are, thanks so much!

That sounds like Kitt. She's awesome like that.

JfqWFk8.png
  • GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I had nothing but positive experiences with Enforcers this past weekend.

Except for @narwhal and @3clipse, they're jerks.

<_<

>_>

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • JudeJenkinsJudeJenkins Registered User regular
    I love enforcers! I was actually surprised that I didn't see more people wearing the "I <3 Enforcers" shirts! Where's the love?

• HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    I love enforcers! I was actually surprised that I didn't see more people wearing the "I <3 Enforcers" shirts! Where's the love?

I had many people come up and say thanks, and several express interest in joining the ranks; we felt the love.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • JerzeyLegendJerzeyLegend Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    While dealing with large crowds can become cumbersome, there are quite a few enforcers who lost their cool.

The one most recognizable was the one wearing army fatigues and a red camo hat. He was the biggest jerk of all.

The most awesome I remember was the guy in the free play for consoles who gave me a cool rainbow sleeping on a cloud button.

JerzeyLegend on
    Indeed, a big shout-out to Kitt who was not only helpful, but ALSO complimented my contacts. Woot!

PAX East 2015:Get on Pokecrawl Team Yellow Silver [ ] Pass [X] Vacation Time [X] Hotel [X] Flights [ ] PAX East 2015 Complete [ X ] Sell Extra Set of Badges because Friend Bailed [ ]
  • jjjewelsjjjewels TorontoRegistered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »
    That sounds like FifthSurprise to me. He's great.

Well thank you FifthSurprise. You made us laugh when we needed a laugh.

• WildlyKittWildlyKitt Registered User new member
    Kilonum wrote: »

Your very welcome and I really liked your question seeing the fans at PAX East kinda overwhelmed me at first but I loved being an enforcer!!!!! Everyone was so nice, and made my job that much easier! And thanks for the thanks!... It lets me know how much I actually helped people and made a difference I<3PAXers

• WildlyKittWildlyKitt Registered User new member
    Indeed, a big shout-out to Kitt who was not only helpful, but ALSO complimented my contacts. Woot!

Your contacts were frickin EPIC!!!!

WildlyKitt wrote: »

I got A LOT of questions about them. Thinking about bringing a few extra (unused) pairs to East next year.

• KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular

I got A LOT of questions about them. Thinking about bringing a few extra (unused) pairs to East next year.

Bring rare cigars instead. The Cult demands it.

Also, Every E is Awesome. ;)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    edited April 2012
    Kiashien wrote: »

Bring rare cigars instead. The Cult demands it.

Also, Every E is Awesome. ;)

I could bring a pocketful of Cuba....I mean Zuban cigars. >.>

PayneTrayne on
  • ParallelParallel Registered User regular
    Kilonum wrote: »

Your very welcome and I really liked your question seeing the fans at PAX East kinda overwhelmed me at first but I loved being an enforcer!!!!! Everyone was so nice, and made my job that much easier! And thanks for the thanks!... It lets me know how much I actually helped people and made a difference I<3PAXers

Did I look as terrified as I felt? I don't think I took a breath the entire time. ;)

Can I ask where you got your cat ears? I noticed they seemed like they were maybe made out of leather and I really liked them.

• aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    If anyone knows who the guy from the Khoo & A/Main Theatre on Saturday was, please let me know, or thank him for me. I'm sorry I don't have more identifying information. He had brown hair, was average height and a bit skinny.

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • s7arbucks7arbuck Registered User regular
    aikoe wrote: »
    If anyone knows who the guy from the Khoo & A/Main Theatre on Saturday was, please let me know, or thank him for me. I'm sorry I don't have more identifying information. He had brown hair, was average height and a bit skinny.

You managed to describe the most generic person ever. And sadly, there is a lot of us like that >_<

This discussion has been closed.