As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Skullgirls - PC release confirmed

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    So, I'm not very good at fighting games and even on Sleepwalk mode I get in maybe one hit before getting juggled to death in story mode (I do a bit better in Arcade, but still can't win a fight). Is this game specifically only for enthusiasts, or is there a way to learn how to play this game without rage quitting all the time? :P

Did you complete the tutorial? I'm the worst at fighting games, but the tutorial helped me understand enough that I can do alright VS the AI.

If you're on Xbox, you can add Skull2185 if you want and we can be terrible together! :D

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • AbsurðrAbsurðr Näkrå maximum fucking hellRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really appreciate the tutorial. I've never invested much time in fighting games, so having this stuff spelled out is super helpful. Still need to figure out Push Block, but I feel pretty good. I also like the deliberate speed of the game - it's fast enough to give a bit of a rush yet not overwhelming.

I expected to focus on Parasoul, mostly because of the inverted cross, but Painwheel is really fun to play.

My only complaint so far is that Marie is a chore to fight. Not necessarily hard, just boring.

Absurðr on
    steam_sig.png
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    I've tried Parasoul and Valentine, much prefer Valentine. I wanna try Ms. Fortune and Painwheel.

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Pushblock I believe is done by pressing two punch buttons while blocking.

• Johnny FabulousJohnny Fabulous burgin' Registered User regular
    Is anyone else having a lot of lag problems when they play online? Almost all my matches feel like they're being played in mud.

We tried nothin' and we're all outta ideas.
    xbl gamertag: sublunary
  • blaze_zeroblaze_zero Registered User regular
    What kind of ping are you getting?

I try to only play green matches, but even then I have had disconnects from lag. This happened once with a ping that was under 30.

Huh, weird. What are you setting your frame number at? 1-2?

Is there a more printer friendly version of the movelist? The shoryuken one seems pretty good, but all I have at home is my iPhone, and I don't want to squint at the tiny screen all night.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Chessboxing909Chessboxing909 Registered User regular
    This game plays a LOT better than I expected, great stuff. Really wish it had a moveslist from day one. I hope it does real well and we see it a good bit, are there any decent combo guides/that sort of thing out there yet? Can't seem to find any, right now still figuring out a lot of the basics for the characters I'm digging the most.

"I will f**kin' beat you into the ground in front of your whole life that I don't get to have." -Nick Diaz

I love south american ground karate
  • BluecyanBluecyan Buzz.. Buzz Buzz? BUZZ! Buzz buzz BuzzRegistered User regular
    This game plays a LOT better than I expected, great stuff. Really wish it had a moveslist from day one. I hope it does real well and we see it a good bit, are there any decent combo guides/that sort of thing out there yet? Can't seem to find any, right now still figuring out a lot of the basics for the characters I'm digging the most.

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls

edited April 2012
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    Pushblock I believe is done by pressing two punch buttons while blocking.
    Yeah, I just need to practice it more to get it down.
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Is there a more printer friendly version of the movelist? The shoryuken one seems pretty good, but all I have at home is my iPhone, and I don't want to squint at the tiny screen all night.
    The links I put on the last page are pdf files for each control setup. Unless you mean for saving ink, then I dunno. I guess you could just paste the shoryuken text and print that. That would probably be really helpful.
    Click on the character name here for a pretty robust look at their moves. It gives tips for comboing and such. I'm not sure if there's a good organized place to find more complex stuff, though.
    http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls#Cast

There are also combo vids by Mike Z around that are pretty cool. I was just watching this one for Painwheel - gotta love the Buer Reaper string he gets going after Hatred Install :)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vLAKcyIChw&feature=relmfu

Absurðr on
    steam_sig.png
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Here's the one you print! It never leaves my side!

http://i.minus.com/iRF0i8CGlkcV8.png

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular

Shoryuken has posted a couple of video roundups, showing some early combos.

Cantido wrote: »
    Here's the one you print! It never leaves my side!

http://i.minus.com/iRF0i8CGlkcV8.png

Achievement unlocked!

Achieve both Gentleman and Scholar status in a single post-100g

Skull, I'll add you to my friend's list. My GT is Blaze Zero XX

I'm gonna be around for matches for awhile. Someone come fight me!

• Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    My gamertag is Nova Collision. I'll be racing in Forza tonight, but over the weekend, if someone wants to do some newbie stuff, I'll be around.

• projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Yay for having 15$ in credit left over from vita purchases!

• ContentContextContentContext Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQGNJiTvBs

Sure, it's 1v3, so the damage buff helps, but it's still pretty sweet.

edited April 2012
    The local indie store Gamers Inc mods and repairs consoles, doing all sorts of crazy stuff to them, but not sticks. The owner is looking at the SRK Dual Modding guide to see if it's easy for him.

Cantido on
    In lieu of a taunt button, I've started using Fillia's cr. MP. ~Perfect Hair Forever~

• Nick TNick T Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    GGs Blaze. I didn't think not hitting anything would cut us off. I will hopefully suck less next time.

Nick T on
    PSN: ConvicNic
  • Niceguyeddie616Niceguyeddie616 All you feed me is PUFFINS! I need NOURISHMENT!Registered User regular
    Just got this today. Hooooly hell I got my ass handed to me on the first fight in story mode. That's...that's never happened to me before. Gonna spend lots of time in the training room, especially considering air combos never worked right for me in MvC3. Game sure is pretty and has awesome graphics and sound though!

• joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    Played a few rounds as Valentine. Her level 3 is so good.

Fillia's launcher as HP messes me up every time.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    anyone wanna play this on 360? my tag is Logos22

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • RavidrathRavidrath Designer / Community Manager Los Angeles, CARegistered User regular
    Bossking wrote: »
    @Ravidrath So good to hear all that, especially concerning the movelist.

A few questions, if you don't mind.

1. Any word on your DLC schedule, or is it purely a "when it's done" kind of thing? Really interested in the art gallery that's suggested in the Extras section.

2. Any hints on how to unlock color palettes? Playing through arcade and story mode only unlocked one each, and I'm hearing all sorts of rumors thrown around about how to unlock the other two. If anyone else knows how, please chime in.

3. Are you still putting fanart up on your site? I imagine you guys will be flooded with it soon, but my artist wants to send you guys something.

1. We haven't worked out the DLC or patch schedule yet with Autumn, but it's at the top of everybody's minds. Characters take us about 2-3 months to create, though, so I think you can expect them to roughly adhere to that.

2. There is a recognizable and old-school code to unlock the 10th palette. And, no, it's not the Konami code.

3. Yeah, we're still doing Fan Art Fridays and Whiteboard Wednesday. Friday Night Fights on GameTrailers are done, but they will probably turn into a user-submission there, too.

Ggs Skull. It's a little laggy, but what can you do?

Holy smokes, im awful! I did win one by running out the clock though, awwwww yeah!

Is there anything you can do when you're locked into a big combo? Push block or something?

If I'm actually hitting you and doing damage, then no.

If I'm trapping you while you're blocking (like in the corner against Parasoul) then a well-timed Push Block can give you enough distance and time to counter attack or get out.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    playing on easy for my first time, and i got stuck on marie for like 30 minutes because she hits that last phase and i would just get destroyed. i eventually picked up what to do to block/dodge her attacks but shit was she frustrating to fight.

add Local H Jay for some scrublord action

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I found that Ms. Fortune's AI is the most broken when playing on Sleepwalk. She goes for her ground combo string 90% of the time.

I also do not mesh with Painwheel, at all. Her basic moves have weird delay and angles. I like that charging up for armor is easy, but it also messes me up a lot. Double is definitely my third with Cerebella and Peacock.

El Fantastico on
    PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

I found that Ms. Fortune's AI is the most broken when playing on Sleepwalk. She goes for her ground combo string 90% of the time.

I also do not mesh with Painwheel, at all. Her basic moves have weird delay and angles. I like that charging up for armor is easy, but it also messes me up a lot. Double is definitely my third with Cerebella and Peacock.

Ms Fortune effs me up the most. Even more so than Marie, finally beat her with Parasoul though! Made it through everyones story.

Double's pretty interesting, her level 3 is crazy.

edited April 2012
    Ha, so a friend of mine who used to be really into fighting games came over to try this out. He pretty much decimated me all evening after warming up for a couple rounds. Kind of embarrassing but kind of awesome that he got into it so fast. He thought it was pretty fun - we had to force ourselves to stop playing. And he gave me an SFIV arcade stick so now I don't have to play with the 360 cramper! Now I just need to get Gold to play with you classy people, but that'll wait til after next month.

Pretty much everyone has their own cool style. I do find Parasoul kind of boring, though, and I don't get much out of Filia. Still loving Painwheel the most.

Absurðr on
    steam_sig.png
  • TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    So I heard about this while lurking other fighting game threads. I wrote it off because of the name. Skullgirls, sounded dumb and I pictured some DoA style big
    Tittie sexploitation fighting game.

Glad I checked out this thread today. Think the game looks pretty awesome. Reminds me of MvC1 with it's pace. How hard are combos for somebody that could never quite get links, but could pull off your basic lp lp lp ex green hand combo, the magic series in MvC3, and the juggling of tekken. I just could never get the timing of links down right.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    pretty easy, there aren't very many standing links i've encountered

there are some otg/wallbounce/etc links but those are easy

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    Nova_C wrote: »
    My gamertag is Nova Collision. I'll be racing in Forza tonight, but over the weekend, if someone wants to do some newbie stuff, I'll be around.

I'll shoot you a friend request when I get home from work. We will have epic noob slapfights!

• ArcticLancerArcticLancer Best served chilled. Registered User regular
    Feel free to shoot me invites if you see me online as well, Nova.

My Live tag is Cantido and my PSN tag is....LtPaperstacks. Ugh.