As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Of Myths & Monsters, of Brawls & Uprisings: The Kid Icarus Thread

• Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    so im p sure that palms are the best weapons in the game. followed closely by claws.

but i have to admit i havent picked up a blade thats worth using so they might be ok too.

ive tried to love staffs but they are just terrible.

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Staves are fun, but you have to play like a sniper with 'em.

I'm personally a fan of cannons. BOOM.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I think I've played most of the game with bows, so far. I got a divine bow with pretty nice stats and not too long after I had replaced it, I got another one with even better stats than the dynamo cannon I was using at that point.

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    So weird. I crafted a 6 range orb and a 6 melee claw. Each does a lot of damage, but when I tried to fuse them together they became 3/3. :p

When fusing them, the overall value is taken into account. If you fuse weapons with no modifiers or with negative modifiers, you're more likely to get a star increase. I made a 6/6 Angel Bow but it had -4 defense on it.

• Options
    Mx. QuillMx. Quill I now prefer "Myr. Quill", actually... {They/Them}Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    You go to a crazy event like PAX, you bring home 150 gems in your pocket! Though some of the have question marks.

I know. Did you find my Optical Blade with Freezing?

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Not sure, would have to check when I get back. I traded my firecracker cannon with 4 different abilites.

Riokenn on
    OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    i'm just mad cuz i fused what appeared to be a sweet laser staff with +3 freezing then i tried it out and it never froze no one i played a round of LvD with it and got zero points and was too embarrassed to use it again.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    meanwhile i sacrificed my awesome raptor claws with +1 petrification that somehow always petrified anyway to fuse it

iowa on
  • Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    Not all status effects work the same way. Some of them have a random chance of being applied on each hit, and some fill a portion of an "invisible meter" on each hit and apply when it fills up.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    petrification seems way better than freezing then. if its chance based anyway.

having 2 people on the same team both with petrifying claws is awesome. this guy would just follow me around and every time my claws would petrify someone he'd roll in and whale on the guy with me and keep him stoned until death.

we got soooo many points

iowa on
  • Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    iowa wrote: »
    petrification seems way better than freezing then. if its chance based anyway.

having 2 people on the same team both with petrifying claws is awesome. this guy would just follow me around and every time my claws would petrify someone he'd roll in and whale on the guy with me and keep him stoned until death.

we got soooo many points

I noticed in testing one of my petrification weapons, the enemy seems to take less damage when turned to stone. Is this true of freezing? I stopped using it because I thought the mitigated damage wasn't worth it since that is a sacrifice in weapon quality to get a +4 petrification.

• Options
    I noticed in testing one of my petrification weapons, the enemy seems to take less damage when turned to stone. Is this true of freezing? I stopped using it because I thought the mitigated damage wasn't worth it since that is a sacrifice in weapon quality to get a +4 petrification.

I just tested it. Frozen enemies take exactly the same amount of damage as non-frozen enemies, and petrified enemies take about half the damage.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    Yep, noticed this about petrification too.

It's better suited for ranged weapons.

3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    is aries armor better than super armor???

• Options
    alright this is just broken
    crusader blade 5 star range 4 star melee and +3 freezing.

• Options
    So the charge shot of a 6 star ranged earthmaul club will one shot kill a man.

it sucks

• Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Riokenn wrote: »
    You go to a crazy event like PAX, you bring home 150 gems in your pocket! Though some of the have question marks.

I know. Did you find my Optical Blade with Freezing?

Yep found it.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    why am i the only nerd addicted to this game.

its like i keep saying alright one more round. then it will give me some cool new power or weapon with attributes ive never seen before and im like alright well now i gotta go wreck some nerds with this.

and the cycle goes on and on

anyway right now im rolling with a baller crusader blade that is awesome except for its -4 defense and a baller aquarius blade with melee combo bonus that owns cuz it freezes on every 3rd or so melee hit and its charge shot bounces.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Well you're one of the few posting a bunch about it. :P There's just not really a community here for this sort of thing anymore (ever?).

I love the game but haven't been playing it a ton recently due to other games and stuff.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    I've been playing it non-stop at lunch and every other night at home. I've got 54% of the puzzles down, and almost have the first one cleared (used two feathers - one on the "Have a weapon stolen" and one for "Narrowly dodge a shot in flight" or whatever). I play FFA and LvsD quite a bit, but LvsD more since FFA is dominated by clubs, which can get annoying.

I'm very addicted to this game, and will be for a long while.

PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    I am super addicted to this game too

I just found a Thanatos Staff with +8 overall defense. Gotta get ahold some other high-value weapons to try to fuse that onto a weapon I actually like.

• Options
    People at GAF were saying +8 defense is seemingly impossible to fuse, or you'd need like a 350 value weapon and then it would have terrible stars.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    I got my first Streetpass weapon today! Not nearly as nice as the one I'm giving out, but oh well. It was cool to get something from somebody besides Palutena.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    So addicted to this game man. I really want to clear the treasure grid.

Also every time I find a weapon valued at 300+, my heart skips a beat.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    I have like 30 hours on this game and not a single 300+ weapon yet. Not through fusing, multiplayer, nothing. Guh.

• Options
    maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular
    I haven't even touched multiplayer and won't be doing so until I get a decent weapon to use.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Sigh. I was having a lot of fun playing Light vs Dark and then I got on a team with somebody named ☆Angle★ who just stood there. We still managed to get the other team's Dark Pit to appear, but having a Pit who just stands in one spot isn't the best way to win

Edit:
    I haven't even touched multiplayer and won't be doing so until I get a decent weapon to use.

You won't know what weapons are good until you use them in multiplayer. It's a totally different scenario and the weapons that seem great in single player might be terrible in multi. Besides, you get lots of great weapon drops in multiplayer even if you lose.

mntorankusu on
  • Options
    I have like 30 hours on this game and not a single 300+ weapon yet. Not through fusing, multiplayer, nothing. Guh.

Try playing on super high intensities. They're a weapon gold mine.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    Hello, thread. I'm a staffs and bows type of person, myself. I did purchase a nice pair of Beam Claws from Palutena with Health and Recovery Effect bonuses that I've been using a lot to up my cleared Intensity values, especially after I botched trying to fuse my favored Sagittarius Bow into something better. I've also acquired a 5-star Melee Magnus Club with Speed +4 recently and I've got the itch to get good with it now.

In any case, in the pursuit of Treasure Hunt completion, I put together a personal Treasure Hunt checklist. I haven't played as much as others have (though I am approaching 30 hours with the game, so not too shabby on the time committment myself), but for the curious, I've linked the list with my personal progress here. Spoilers abound, obviously.

4463rwiq7r47.png
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    This whole "flick like a globe to shift your field of view" thing is fucking with me and I'm not entirely sold on moving the reticle with the face buttons, but dear lord the writing is so much fun I don't care.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    I have a sweet crusader blade and a sweet gaol blade that can be fused into an ultra sweet brawler claws: 5.5 star range. 5.5 star melee. melee combo +4. overall defense -4. that's rough but not that bad.

should i?

the value of the gaol blade is 303 and the value of these brawler claws would be 292 wtf

iowa on
  • Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Ok, so I just bought this awesome game. I always thought the game could be fun, but you guys persuaded me into really buying it. You all better still be playing the multiplayer when I'm done with the singleplayer and got some decent swag!

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    KhaylessKhayless Registered User regular
    Alphagaia wrote: »
    Ok, so I just bought this awesome game. I always thought the game could be fun, but you guys persuaded me into really buying it. You all better still be playing the multiplayer when I'm done with the singleplayer and got some decent swag!

Don't wait to play multiplayer, dive in now. Higher quality weapons deplete your team's health bar faster, so even new players can be useful in Light vs Dark. I dominated a few matches last night using a 250-value Atlas Club (and regular use of Slip Shot and Invisible Shot).

I ended up beating the final chapters of the campaign with a pair of Wolf Claws I won playing online. I rarely bother with achievements in games, but I'm really keen to collect all the idols and finish the treasure hunt in Uprising.

3DS friend code: 3609-1786-8629
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I was pleasantly surprised to find out that there's an air-battle only chapter in this game. I like those better than the ground battles.

Chapter 22 stuff
    Why does Palutena and Viridi seem surprised at the fact that Hades has been using souls to create monsters? He mentions that he created the resurrected Medusa from souls not too long after he was first introduced.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    One of these days I will beat this game. I am so far behind.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I really like this game, but I want to play online with you guys. I think I'm on the list of 3ds users if you guys want to add me, I'll add back. I had exchanged a few when it first came out, but nintendo sent me a replacement so my friend code is different. It's been updated, but haven't really added people :(

e: 5112-3442-2082 if you want to add me. i try to play once a week online.

TimFiji on
    Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options

Yeah a lot of the locations seem to be out of the way. Thankfully though my brother is awesome and is driving me out.

Will report back with my findings.

pHWHd2G.jpg
    • Options
      Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
      edited April 2012

I went. The guy at the counter pretty much just handed me the pack of cards and that was it. Didn't look like they were even demoing it :P

If anyone's curious, the cards are: Eggplant Wizard (believe this was the exclusive one), Fiend's Cauldrom, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon, and Minos.

Warlock82 on
      Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    • Options
      Warlock82 wrote: »

I went. The guy at the counter pretty much just handed me the pack of cards and that was it. Didn't look like they were even demoing it :P

If anyone's curious, the cards are: Eggplant Wizard (believe this was the exclusive one), Fiend's Cauldrom, Skyscraper Club, Fireworks Cannon, and Minos.

Those were the same ones I got so no random ones in that package.

pHWHd2G.jpg