As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Chat]nequa don't live here no mo'

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    It appears that Irma is going to be in a show this month in Toronto. People in Toronto should attend. I'm looking at you @.Tripwire.

• FlayFlay Registered User regular
    Looks like North Korea's rocket launch was a failure.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    Doctor Who is really great and you should all watch it. I have a Tardis quilt.

• MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I used to watch the old Tom Whatshisname series when I was a kid, but the daleks scared the shit out of me, and still do a bit.

Also the thing I watched is on the you tubes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xir2M0cM9v4

Benedict Cumberpatch plays van Gogh, which he is absolutely brilliant at.

Mustang on
  • NicNic Registered User regular
    So for some reason I started watching Ultimate Muscle for the first time since it was on TV. This show is dumb, so very, very dumb, and yet it can be funny as hell. I don't know how they got away with so many child abuse jokes.
    Half the time it's pretty obvious that the translators didn't care what the characters were talking about, so they substituted with what it looked like they were talking about, and the other half is horribly awesome puns. It doesn't even need its own abridged series: it's already got that blend of simultaneously funny and self-aware awfulness. I love it!

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    I hope this rain and lightning lets up soon.

Not because I'm scared of dark and stormy weather, not because I'm worried about road conditions, not because I've got a scheduled picnic that I hope doesn't get ruined. None of that.

I hope it lets up because I've just found out that A) it's possible for powerful thunder and/or lightning to set off certain kinds of car alarms and B) two examples of cars containing such alarms are parked in the parking lot right outside my window, and C) it's going to be pretty tiresome if they keep going off while I'm trying to sleep.

I think you're safe. I'm not saying it's never happened, but i'd imagine it's pretty unlikely.

There you go, any time I make an assumption of any kind it invariably turns out to be 100% incorrect, have a pleasant evening. ;)

• melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Does anyone else have a problem attaching .tiffs to gmail emails? I sent one, and when I view it to check, it shows the colors as inverted. But when I download the attachment again it's fine. Seems like a strange glitch.

• brokecrackerbrokecracker Registered User regular
    I've had that happen when they are CMYK...

• squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yeah that sounds like a CMYK issue to me; a lot of browsey things don't really get CMYK, but once you've downloaded it again you're probably viewing it with something local that does. I'm sure they're probably fine to send through gmail so long as your recipient knows not to try looking at it in there.

Unless this is an RGB file, in which case ... uhhh ... gmail might be trying and failing to read LZW compression?

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • melting_dollmelting_doll Registered User regular
    Oh it must be because it's an LZW compression. It's what I was told to send o: Hopefully it works. I just hate to think they'll get it and then think I'm a dummy and did it wrong. Although, considering the company requests their files be sent this way, they probably know better.

I'm just so nervous! This is for my variant comic cover and it needs to be as close to perfect as possible :B

• m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    Woah, what for what for MD? Variant comic cover sounds intriguing. Can you elaborate or is it topsy secretsy?

• MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    God, I just had the most frustrating meeting today. I show this lady version after version of an invitation and she shoots them all down. When I ask her what direction does she want to move to (buttoned up party or balls to wall party), she said "Listen, I don't know. Just make me one".

These are the days I wish I could walk away from people like her.

Edit; This is the ugliest invitation I've done in my life.

MagicToaster on
  • ProspicienceProspicience The Raven King DenvemoloradoRegistered User regular
    Ooooo ooo, since I'm a third party and have nothing to do with you, I could punch her in the throat. That seems like the only answer to any problems lately.

• DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Write a service agreement that allows you to charge people additional money for being geese.

e: Your invoice could just say "+$300 for pissing me off"

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
    I'm guessing he would, if it was his company. Probably is something through the job of MT which he doesn't own?

I work in house at a Medical Insurance Company, so all my clients are internal. I cannot fire them, nor walk away.

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    the wow advertising banner, for some reason, annoys me in a way I cant understand, I have to scroll down to hide it, because it really gets me in bad mood. Anyone feels like this, or is it time for me to visit a psichiatrist ?

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
    I work in house at a Medical Insurance Company, so all my clients are internal. I cannot fire them, nor walk away.

Me too, medical insurance low 5, so that nobody suspects that we work in medical insurance and then proceed to tell us all the things that they don't like about medical insurance.

Though any graphic design work I do isn't actually part of my job, so if someone doesn't like the thing I do for them I can just say I don't have time, do it yourself.

• bombardierbombardier Moderator mod
    Grifter wrote: »
    It appears that Irma is going to be in a show this month in Toronto. People in Toronto should attend. I'm looking at you @.Tripwire.
    Are you going to TCAF? I hear lots of cool dudes are going to be there this year.

• GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    bombardier wrote: »
    Are you going to TCAF? I hear lots of cool dudes are going to be there this year.

Yeah, I was planning on going. Should be a good time.

• Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    God, I just had the most frustrating meeting today. I show this lady version after version of an invitation and she shoots them all down. When I ask her what direction does she want to move to (buttoned up party or balls to wall party), she said "Listen, I don't know. Just make me one".

Aghhh, you graphic design guys always overthink this bullshit.
    Don't give her options, that just confuses the layman.
    It's one option to rule them all up in this shit.

Boom, done. Does everything it needs to do. Why is this so difficult.
    invite.jpg

• ninjaininjai Registered User regular
    booooooooooooooooored.

I have been over steam gamefly (new d2d) and amazon, i can't find a single pc game that I want to play...

May 15th. YU NO HERE!!!

edited April 2012
    gametrailers.com/video/pax-east-spec-ops/729196

I was watching this fucking gobble-dee-gook nonsense bull shit jibberish nonsense, when I thought to myself "have I ever told you the definition of insanity?" I thought to myself when did video games stop being about fun, and instead about being "... more gritty and visceral than... gamers are used to"? Why is it always about mother fucking "wanna be special forces" shit and not about fun...

WHY AM I SO BORED BY GAMES ANYMORE!?

http://kotaku.com/5901534/mario-is-written-for-simpletons-assassins-creed-is-a-gore+fest-and-other-problems-crippling-video-games

Then I watched this. I'm not alone.

Direct link to the video

http://bcove.me/ffz503od

edit: a combination of minecraft and dear esther come to mind.

ninjai on
  • FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Well, Journey just came out. And you might like Antichamber too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zT2VlffrSMg

Flay on
  • SiegfriedSiegfried Registered User regular
    Note: when speaking to a designer about a freelance job, its probably not a good idea to start off the conversation with, "so how long you been draw-fagging?" under any circumstance.

I wasnt offended, but i could see it being an issue with other audiences. Plus, im trying to be professional here, and you probably should too.

No other problems, but definitly caught my ear.

Portfolio // Twitter // Behance // Tumblr
    Kochikens wrote:
    My fav is when I can get my kiss on with other dudes.
  • m3nacem3nace Registered User regular
    I vaguely remember playing Tribes Vengeance when I was like 10 or something... I did not remember tribes being this awesome. WOOOOOSHHH

That the new tribes? I'm reallly interested in trying it out, so interested that I used 3xLs.

• Forbe!Forbe! Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Tribes Vengeance came out in 2005. Tribes: Ascend is the new game in the Tribes franchise that is built on the free to play model.

Forbe! on
    bv2ylq8pac8s.png
    Okay cool. I thought it was called something different. I remember playing the beta for Vengeance, good times.... goooood times.

• wahaywahay Your Handicapped Hero Cincinnati, USARegistered User regular
    Hi again, chat! I thought that you'd appreciate this:

I recently got fired from my (non-art) job the day after I got a fortune cookie that read, "You are next in line to receive a promotion at your firm."

It was right, in a way. I didn't like my managers very much.

"Sorry ladies, I give my everything to Sallie Mae."
    My Artist Corner Thread • Everywhere I Post
  • ChromatomicChromatomic Mr. DCRegistered User regular

I run into the same exact thing. I feel like I almost get worse at design on a daily basis simply based on concessions I make.

edited April 2012
    So i know some of you guys lissin to dubstep. What are you thoughts on all these games advertising with it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eQ01nq7Qxo

I think this is fucking sick
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lsey-RF-aI

ninjai on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    I'm not really in to dubstep, but I love its use for the Borderlands trailer. Though that could be entirely due to my Borderlands boner.

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    See, I don't have one of those... I had this very bizarre experience with borderlands. I had the game at launch. I couldn't convince anyone to either A play on PC or B buy the fucking game at all. I played the dog shit out of it. Steam says over 200 hours, and i played a lot more off line. I had level 50 on all 4 characters and multiple playthroughs looking for gear with my hunter.

I got SICK of that game... I mean just bored to fucking death because of how much I played it.

Then everyone else bought it and wanted to play. "hey come coop with us, look at all these expansion packs this game is so cool why didn't i hear about it/play it before EVEN THOUGH YOU TOLD ME ABOUT IT A HUNDRED FUCKING TIMES bleh bleh bleeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhh" ... I'm level 50 on all characters... I'm NOT starting a new character again...

ninjai on
  • PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    Hey you want to play co-op with me? There were some pretty good expansions and it'll be a lot of fun.

(you don't have to start over btw)

steam_sig.png
    edited April 2012
    I know, but have you ever tried playing a lvl 50 character with a group of novices? Its like playing a level 99 in diablo 2 and trying to rush someone who's never played before. "what am I supposed to do!?" Go back and get the grenades.... "what grenades?" You have to buy them from the vendor... "what? what's a vendor?"

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...

ninjai on
    I have no desire to listen to dubstep.

• FugitiveFugitive Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    As a suite of sound effects for a massive robot-squid laser invasion a la Mass Effect, dubstep has merits.

Fugitive on
  • .Tripwire..Tripwire. Firman Registered User regular

Wait what! Where's this?

sigi_moe.pngsigi_deviantart.pngsigi_twitter.pngsigi_steam.pngsigi_tumblr.png
This discussion has been closed.