As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Chat Thread: Patch 5.0 on August 28th! Change your passwords.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yep, just checked on battle.net, only see my main account, starter account, and PTR. Maybe next wave.

On the plus side, I finally got my Undead Hunter through Silverpine. Good times.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    didn't mmo champion link an upconvert to epic gems
    That was back when 4.3 was on the PTRs. Those were never put into the game, though. Apparently for a time during 4.3's development, the paint fumes from the PvP office hadn't quite affected the rest of the team yet, but it was only a matter of time.

forty on
  • Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    I blame LFR and end of expansion nerfing of content. We had the same issue but had decent attendance the last couple weeks.
    Massive raider burnout in the last patch has been par for the course in literally every version of WoW to date: Vanilla, TBC, WotLK. I don't know of too many guilds that were still getting regular attendance after a month of wiping to M'uru.

• Options
    SamphisSamphis Registered User regular
    LFR is great for getting gear, but if you are running it every week in addition to raiding, I can imagine the burnout would be worse than running ICC 10 and ICC 25 like I did back in Wrath.

• Options
    If you're in a semi-competent raiding guild, I don't know why you'd even still be doing LFR at this point.

• Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    If you're in a semi-competent raiding guild, I don't know why you'd even still be doing LFR at this point.

RNG is not a kind mistress so extra chances at loot is nice plus, alts need love too.

• Options

Because no tank gear ever drops in normal, ever.

• Options
    BuddiesBuddies Registered User regular

I do LFR just for fun. I don't do it every week granted, but I do log onto my Warrior or Priest just to run LFR even though I don't need anything from it.

• Options
    Buddies wrote: »

I do LFR just for fun. I don't do it every week granted, but I do log onto my Warrior or Priest just to run LFR even though I don't need anything from it.
    That's different, then, since you're probably not burning out on it.

• Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    I do LFR for a chance at Ultraxion's offhand since it hasn't dropped for us in our real raid. I don't even know if it can drop in LFR or not. At this point I've just started leaving after killing him because I don't need the gold or VP for completing it.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    I do LFR for a chance at Ultraxion's offhand since it hasn't dropped for us in our real raid. I don't even know if it can drop in LFR or not. At this point I've just started leaving after killing him because I don't need the gold or VP for completing it.

I dont think the OHs drop just like some of the weapons dont drop.

• Options

To play with friends silly! I have every bloody class to 85 I need something to do in off time in WoW. Before I would just burn out on heroics while capping VP now I am capping VP by burning out on raid content. I am sure I am not the only one.

• Options
    RakeethRakeeth Registered User regular
    Finally killed H Madness 10m this Monday. Now I need the raidleader to quit so that I finally can quit too.

• Options
    SporkedSporked Registered User regular

The offhand and shields do drop from LFR, albeit rarely.

• Options
    Sporked wrote: »

The offhand and shields do drop from LFR, albeit rarely.

Wow must be very rare heh. I have never seen the one. Does the trash one drop or just the spi one?

• Options
    Just Ultraxion's spirit OH drops. I've never seen it drop when healing on my druid, only when on my DK.

This week marked my DK's 20th Madness kill and he still doesn't have a Gurthalak. I was top damage by far this week, too. It's always nice to know that WoW will reward my awesomeness with a kick in the nuts.

• Options
    Just Ultraxion's spirit OH drops. I've never seen it drop when healing on my druid, only when on my DK.

This week marked my DK's 20th Madness kill and he still doesn't have a Gurthalak. I was top damage by far this week, too. It's always nice to know that WoW will reward my awesomeness with a kick in the nuts.

I feel your pain. When I was still trying to get the tanky shield and 1hander in raid mode they only dropped on my mage or rogue when in LFR. And now that I have them I saw a drop of 3 Gurthalaks last week or so.

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular

Silly, you should know by now the best way to ensure you will win your drop is to just /dance during the fight. Lowest damage (or healing) gets a + roll behind the scenes in there :P

• Options
    edited April 2012
    Nobody wrote: »

Silly, you should know by now the best way to ensure you will win your drop is to just /dance during the fight. Lowest damage (or healing) gets a + roll behind the scenes in there :P
    I know. I'm a retard for not being retarded. A 23k DPS (on Madness) ret paladin won the Gurth that dropped on my druid's kill this week.

5 out of my last 6 (or so) last Madness kills haven't had any Gurths drop at all for my DK. Last week had two (and was the first time I'd got to lose any Gurth rolls in a month). Plenty of worthless rogue daggers, though!

forty on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    I went from the crafted shield to the shield in Hour of Twilight. Blackhorn has only dropped one shield for our raid and that was the caster shield. We only saw one Baleroc shield on our main raid in Firelands.

And twice total on two different Alt FL nights.

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    Speaking of which, was just in a Ultraxion LFR where afterwards someone was like, "are you serious, fuck this shit" and left. At first I laughed at random LFR rage about loot but then I looked at the DK who won what I guess the guy wanted. He had 80% agi gear on and did like 7k dps during the fight.

I guess I can see being kind of annoyed. Thankfully I was on my warrior so the token wasn't applicable to me.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    Even with the new system in Mists, I really hope LFR isn't an expected part of the gearing progression.

• Options

Ha! Then my feral should have won Kiril the other night (no weapon equipped, I had the egg basket off-hand). Instead it went to the Boomkin that was first in total damage.

Which I guess makes sense, he did perform worse as a Feral than i did. :P

• Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    Wow, had a really awesome raid tonight. Downed Heroic Ultraxion, so now our guild is 3/8 heroic. Plus our rogue got his orange pixels, so that was cool too. Our warlock should be getting his orange pixels on monday too.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    So I got into the beta, yay.

Can't get past the loading screen. Can't make enter with a premade, a transfer, or create a new character.

yaay.

• Options
    Not a big deal. Current version's broken most macros so if you rely on them at all it's impossible to play.

• Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    I'll have to log in and see if they've fixed the giant pink boxes... or quest items not spawning at all.

I swear to god, they break some of the weirdest things... how the hell did they break macros?

• Options
    MillMill Registered User regular
    Yeah, I finally got my beta key and from what I'm hearing it doesn't matter that I haven't downloaded it yet. That in itself is just as well since it's going to be awhile before I get the download completed with my current connection.

On the upside, they also send me a D3 key. So I shouldn't have any issues keeping myself occupied, in the event that MoP beta ends up being unplayable for a bit.

• Options
    To fix the giant pink boxes you just needed to turn your view distance down to Good or worse. I just checked though and they're gone, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Macros are broken in that they broke /cast but only for specific spells. For example, /cast Wrath does not work while /cast Starsurge does.

Oh while I was logged on double checking stuff for this post, I literally got to reply "you can't right now" 7 times in a row to people asking if they could respec or not. I guess a ton of new people just logged on or something.

• Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    So I'm basically retarded and didn't realise you could send scrolls to yourself.

Just bought a level 80 mage for £15. :^:

• Options
    So I appear to have received a beta invite. I assume this means they're getting close to the end of the Annual Pass holders.

• Options
    belligerentbelligerent Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Yay, I got to log into the beta, finally. only had about 10 minutes before work so I picked my warlock.

The new buttons looked cool, although no addons threw me through a loop.

Figure I'll test out the meta thing on a dummy. Cast one spell, hard crash to desktop.

Yay.

I'm pretty sure we're a little far from ready.

(sarcasm aside, I'm not complaining about "beta being beta" I just think it's funny how badly the things are going wrong for me.)

belligerent on
  • Options
    Protip: If you are going to level a panda, when you get to the "Choosing Your Destiny" step when you select Horde or Alliance make sure the relevant world server is up before selecting.

If you select and the world server is down (Kalimdor for Horde, EK for Alliance), the transfer will be aborted and there's currently no way to force the game to try to port you again when the world server comes back up.

Whee

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Protip: If you are going to level a panda, when you get to the "Choosing Your Destiny" step when you select Horde or Alliance make sure the relevant world server is up before selecting.

If you select and the world server is down (Kalimdor for Horde, EK for Alliance), the transfer will be aborted and there's currently no way to force the game to try to port you again when the world server comes back up.

Whee

Haha, make sure you write up a bug report in the beta forums.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    edited April 2012
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Whee

I pointed it out in the Beta Quest feedback area (along with a suggestion to talk to Ji or Aysa (depending on faction) to "force" the transfer).

It may just be quicker at this point to reroll.

Turns out, other pandas are discovering a similar problem in that hearthstones aren't resetting from The Wandering Isle to (insert faction capital here) after they've moved on. So if they don't think and hearth after they join their faction...

Nobody on
  • Options
    MuddBuddMuddBudd Registered User regular
    815165 wrote: »
    So I'm basically retarded and didn't realise you could send scrolls to yourself.

Just bought a level 80 mage for £15. :^:

To be honest I am tempted to do this as well. Mostly because I really want that mount and don't feel like leveling a pally all the way to 80.

There's no plan, there's no race to be run
    The harder the rain, honey, the sweeter the sun.
  • Options
    Yay! Got two beta invite emails.

Boo! They were both for Diablo 3. Apparently they flagged my account twice.

• Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Whee

I pointed it out in the Beta Quest feedback area (along with a suggestion to talk to Ji or Aysa (depending on faction) to "force" the transfer).

It may just be quicker at this point to reroll.

Turns out, other pandas are discovering a similar problem in that hearthstones aren't resetting from The Wandering Isle to (insert faction capital here) after they've moved on. So if they don't think and hearth after they join their faction...

That might be a partial solution for live. Set the hearthstone to the capital city as soon as you pick. But I'd think they should also add in an NPC to teleport you there too so long as you've completed the required quest.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    DranythDranyth Surf ColoradoRegistered User regular
    Opty wrote: »
    To fix the giant pink boxes you just needed to turn your view distance down to Good or worse. I just checked though and they're gone, so it doesn't matter anymore.

Macros are broken in that they broke /cast but only for specific spells. For example, /cast Wrath does not work while /cast Starsurge does.

Oh while I was logged on double checking stuff for this post, I literally got to reply "you can't right now" 7 times in a row to people asking if they could respec or not. I guess a ton of new people just logged on or something.

Oh I know how to fix the giant pink boxes, that's not the point. Good that they fixed it.

I'm very curious how they managed to half-break macros... it really seems like it should either work or not, not just for specific spells.

I actually had thought they had fixed the respec thing last patch... but come to think of it I hadn't tried it myself. I figured that would've been a bit of a priority, I mean, they want people to test specs and such, yet, each person can only test two right now. And if it's a transferred character, they can only choose one of those, as your primary transfers over and you can't get out of it.

• Options
    Question for you warrior tanks out there on AoE tanking trash: Do I want to Shockwave>Rend>Thunderclap (for B&T) to pick up the mobs? Or go Thunderclap>Rend>Shockwave>Thunderclap (for B&T)?

I haven't touched my warrior as a tank for a loooooooong time and really rusty.

This discussion has been closed.