As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

• UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    scouse mouse combines our character and publishing format questions, asking: "Can you reveal when Zeb Wells and Joe Madureira will be returning to Avenging Spider Man for the Elektra and Wolverine team up? It's been months since we last saw Elektra and its killing me waiting for her Zeb-scripted return!"

Alonso: That’s a timely question, scouse mouse. We were just discussing how to announce some changes with the "Avenging Spider-Man" plans. Instead of me sitting through a bunch of meetings with visionary editor (and my own personal life coach) Stephen Wacker about it, let's just make some news here:

Joe [Madueira] and Zeb [Wells'] new Spidey/Wolverine/Elektra story has changed shape and is becoming a slightly bigger project. In addition, Dan Slott’s plan for "Amazing Spider-Man" has grown in scope and will affect just about every Spidey-related book in its wake. So, while Zeb and Joe get ready for their big project, we’ve got some big "Avenging Spidey" stories in the pipe, written an drawn by some of the biggest names in comics...before -- drum roll, please -- Chris Yost comes on as new regular writer, working closely with Slott to reflect some of the big Spidey events coming up soon.

Not to fear, we’re all big fans of the work Zeb’s been doing on the book -- this week’s Captain America story with Leinil Yu is particularly special -- so he comes back for one more issue in August that honors Spidey’s 50th anniversary with a very personal story. More on that in the next few weeks. Here’s some preview art for "Avenging" (and the secret Zeb & Joe Mad book) that I think you’ll like:

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    I can't say I'm surprised with that news, despite what was originally written about keeping Madueria scheduled accordingly to get issues out for the series. When they say a bigger project, it makes me think of Fear Itself and how it probably would have worked better as just a Cap/Thor crossover, just have it take over the Amazing series for a while to give Slott a break.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    scouse mouse combines our character and publishing format questions, asking: "Can you reveal when Zeb Wells and Joe Madureira will be returning to Avenging Spider Man for the Elektra and Wolverine team up? It's been months since we last saw Elektra and its killing me waiting for her Zeb-scripted return!"

Alonso: That’s a timely question, scouse mouse. We were just discussing how to announce some changes with the "Avenging Spider-Man" plans. Instead of me sitting through a bunch of meetings with visionary editor (and my own personal life coach) Stephen Wacker about it, let's just make some news here:

Joe [Madueira] and Zeb [Wells'] new Spidey/Wolverine/Elektra story has changed shape and is becoming a slightly bigger project. In addition, Dan Slott’s plan for "Amazing Spider-Man" has grown in scope and will affect just about every Spidey-related book in its wake. So, while Zeb and Joe get ready for their big project, we’ve got some big "Avenging Spidey" stories in the pipe, written an drawn by some of the biggest names in comics...before -- drum roll, please -- Chris Yost comes on as new regular writer, working closely with Slott to reflect some of the big Spidey events coming up soon.

Not to fear, we’re all big fans of the work Zeb’s been doing on the book -- this week’s Captain America story with Leinil Yu is particularly special -- so he comes back for one more issue in August that honors Spidey’s 50th anniversary with a very personal story. More on that in the next few weeks. Here’s some preview art for "Avenging" (and the secret Zeb & Joe Mad book) that I think you’ll like:

I am both looking forward to this, and kinda scared, cause the Cap story had me damn near weepy at some parts! I may have to go digital for it so I don't wreck it with manly manly tears

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    That

man

I have been loving Wells on Avenging Spider-Man. He has just been killing it every issue. So Yost replacing him makes me pretty bummed.

I hope Wells is leaving to go work on an Avengers book or something.

CYpGAPn.png
    Ng8xb.jpg
    Avenging Spider-Man 9

CYpGAPn.png
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Ng8xb.jpg
    Avenging Spider-Man 9

*squeeeeee* /starts to shake with excitement

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The costume looks pretty good there.

Also, I wonder if they'll continue their occasionally seen flirting.

Robos A Go Go on
  • JyrenBJyrenB St. AugustineRegistered User regular
    Yes, sir, I like it. The costume is really growing on me, too.

Course, the Dodsons are awesome.

osasbutton.png
    XBL: JyrenB ; Steam: Jyren ; Twitter
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    I have to say, Marvel there looks a little like Power Girl due to the hair.

CYbRK.jpg

CYpGAPn.png
  • Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    Looks pretty cool, I always hoped those two would get together. Even if it's only to punch bad guys in the face with sporadic flirting in-between strikes.

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Go for it, Pete!

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    The Dodsons are so amazing

I love their artings

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    goddamn that looks good

now, please

huntresssig.jpg
    Mile High Club? heh

I just love how goddamn HAPPY Carol looks during all of that. That's what I want to see out of women in comics.

huntresssig.jpg
    I hope that we get a bunch of Peter/Carol, as well as Spidey/Marvel. Just seems like a haven for some fun moments

Arivia wrote: »
    I just love how goddamn HAPPY Carol looks during all of that. That's what I want to see out of women in comics.

:^:

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    It's also nice to see them referencing her history as a pilot, since it's details like that that set her apart from similar characters.

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    ASM 683 was fantastic. Specially the two page spread.

Confident, take charge Peter is the best he's been in years.

• warder808warder808 Registered User regular
    Hey, anyone looking forward to the new game based on the movie? I think it looks pretty damn fun! Cant wait to pick it up. The last game I played was Web of Shadows.

steam_sig.png
    The Omega Effect got off to a great start in AvSM

Great humor, great art and manages to do a Spider/Punisher team-up that doesn't conveniently ignore Frank is a mass murderer.

CYpGAPn.png
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Scarlet Spider #4 is a good fight issue, I really like how Stegman shows how Kaine actually injures people to put them down in a fight as opposed to the usual punch knockout stuff in comics. I actually like Scarlet Spider more than Venom right now, Texas connection aside, because it's moving at a nice quick pace while still having Kaine lighten up.

The book does need to be better about Houston geography though, or at least try not to be so specific. The first page states that Kaine's fighting on the Chase Building (Chase Tower) but it's actually the Centerpoint Energy Building. It's just a very distinct building in the city, and a quick wikipedia search would show what's what. I do appreciate the effort, but surely someone working at Marvel is from Houston or knows someone. Heck, call up one of the comic stores.

Everyone who works for Marvel is from New York

everyone

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Do they get NY geography correct?

Heh, Try being a Canadian reading stuff set in Canada, ( last Alpha Flight was hilariously bad for it) , CN Tower is the background of the Saddledome in Calgary, Polar bears at Niagara Falls.

Heh, Try being a Canadian reading stuff set in Canada, ( last Alpha Flight was hilariously bad for it) , CN Tower is the background of the Saddledome in Calgary, Polar bears at Niagara Falls.

Oh god really? I wanted to pick up that Alpha Flight series, now I'm glad I didn't.

huntresssig.jpg
    The series itself was pretty good actually, but ya the geography errors got a bit insane, altho you never know if people are bugging us Canucks or if they really don't know!

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    canadians arent real people

Neither are transformers.

huntresssig.jpg
    Which leads to

Canadians = Transformers?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    We transform from maple tree form into beaver form. Technically, this means dams are snuff-based incest.

huntresssig.jpg
  • AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular

realer than you are

• SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular

This made me laugh A+

100_0596-500x375.jpg?942405

Heh, Scarlet Spider/Venom/Carnage .

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
    Is that the Symbiote event they've been playing towards in Venom?
    Isn't Spidey supposed to be a part of that as well?

• HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Minimum Carnage? Carnage gets his hands on Pym particles and starts messing fools up at the cellular level.

Hensler on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So the new Scarlet Spider does not have a Spider Sense power, but still dodges bullets pretty easily. I always though the Spidey-Sense was what let Peter stay one step ahead of bullets?

Caveman Paws on
  • HenslerHensler Registered User regular
    So the new Scarlet Spider does not have a Spider Sense power, but still dodges bullets pretty easily. I always though the Spidey-Sense was what let Peter stay one step ahead of bullets?

I think it's probably just an oversight on the part of the writer, but if you need some way to explain it, I'd say it's because he still has the speed and reflexes of Spider-Man, just not the limited precog danger sense. He doesn't know where the bullets are going to be anymore, but he can still move fast enough to dodge them if he know's they're coming.

Full size image
    attachment.php?attachmentid=91729&d=1334432545