As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

How is your work/school week?

• premiumpremium Registered User regular
    always sober

Just a bad joke, sorry if it came off wrong.
    it's just not worth taking the gamble that I fuck up majorly to try again, since I cheated too many accidents, but didn't avoid all of them.

I pretty much spent six months becoming the reaper's chaueffeur.

Not everyone should drive. I can live with it, and get anywhere I need to go with no problems.

I guess if you get around fine without it then it's no big deal.

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    premium wrote: »
    always sober

I guess if you get around fine without it then it's no big deal.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Harrier wrote: »
    Fishman wrote: »
    I've been trying to write a message in my wife's birthday card all day and now I've tried putting pen to paper it's come out all wrong and I'm not a fan of what I've written at all and now I just want to tear the back of the card off and give her a piece of card with a pretty picture of penguins on it because that would be better than giving her a card filled with the useless crap I wrote but that's also not what she deserves at all because she's awesome and wonderful and damn it why can't I write something good and nice and simple that just cleanly express heartfelt emotion with out being an asinine or convoluted or Jesus fuck ass shit balls motherfuck.

I am less than enthused by this turn of events.
    "I love you."

Done.

Also what Weaver said about the kiss.

Or he could go ahead and actually put some effort into communicating in a meaningful way to his wife instead of just saying, "I love you".
    But then I think Fish already understand this is worth the effort.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    always sober

it's just not worth taking the gamble that I fuck up majorly to try again, since I cheated too many accidents, but didn't avoid all of them.

Not everyone should drive. I can live with it, and get anywhere I need to go with no problems.

I respect the fact that you recognize you aren't able to focus enough to be a safe driver.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    edited April 2012
    Give her a card with Patrick Swayze on the front and inside it write "Ditto."

TheStig on
  • TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    Get her a card with the pokemon Ditto on the front and inside it write "Patrick Swazye."

• AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Druhim wrote: »
    I like how you just assumed he must be drunk whenever he's driving.

also this

and also also damn I feel like I repeat myself a lot

My god!

• IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Guys my palms are kind of itchy and the skin is peeling off

Oh god I'm shedding my skin maybe I'm metamorphasising Send help

ipsesignew.jpg
    Flickr - PSN ID - IamTetsuo - Steam
    Uriel wrote: »
    Get her a card with the pokemon Ditto on the front and inside it write "Patrick Swazye."

this was pretty good

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

It's TLB, so I assume he's drunk whenever he's not at work.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • MorivethMoriveth BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWN BREAKDOWNRegistered User regular
    IpseDixit wrote: »

Before you know it you'll be a beautiful butterfly!

Moriveth wrote: »

Before you know it you'll be a beautiful butterfly!

It's just like that documentary with Jeff Goldblum.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    always sober

I respect the fact that you recognize you aren't able to focus enough to be a safe driver.

this is me

but it took a car wreck to realize it

fortunately nobody was hurt

I came up on some people parked and doing some work in my lane and a tuck oncoming in the other lane.

another guy was backing out past the guy in my lane.

I stopped and waited for the one to pass and to see that the other guy in my lane was getting out to do stuff too then passed them. It was terrifying, especially with another car behind me...

• HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    I've been trying to write a message in my wife's birthday card all day and now I've tried putting pen to paper it's come out all wrong and I'm not a fan of what I've written at all and now I just want to tear the back of the card off and give her a piece of card with a pretty picture of penguins on it because that would be better than giving her a card filled with the useless crap I wrote but that's also not what she deserves at all because she's awesome and wonderful and damn it why can't I write something good and nice and simple that just cleanly express heartfelt emotion with out being an asinine or convoluted or Jesus fuck ass shit balls motherfuck.

"I love you."

Done.

Or he could go ahead and actually put some effort into communicating in a meaningful way to his wife instead of just saying, "I love you".
    Just because it's frequently diluted by everyone from horny teenagers to misguided machinists doesn't mean "I love you" is not, at its core, a powerful sentiment.

For what is love? Love is devotion so great it supesedes practicality. Love is reason that transcends reason, logic that to others seems madness but really makes the most sense in the world. Love, real love, purifies, uplifts, enlightens, sanctifies, energizes. It changes us, not by making us other than what we are, but by making us more of what we are. We can list the things we say we love about someone, but real love can't be enumerated. Love is a unity, a whole, all or nothing.

If "I love you" has become trite, it's because we've forgotten how amazingly powerful love can be.

I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    I think it depends a lot on the type of person you are and the type of person you're with, and blanket statements either way are dumb

2x39jD4.jpg
  • IpseDixitIpseDixit Treat me like a pirate And give me that bootyRegistered User regular
    Nah that's not terrifying

Terrifying is meeting a truck on a single lane road with sheer cliffs on either side

At night

In the rain

Everyone should go offroading, makes you much more aware of tire position and exactly how wide your vehicle is

After driving in reverse up a 45 to 50 degree incline in 4lo ain't shit scare me

ipsesignew.jpg
  • MadEddyMadEddy Creepy house watching youRegistered User regular
    Anialos wrote: »
    I've got one two dollar bill I always have in my wallet for luck. My other one is in a frame from when I got perfect attendance to some church thing when I was like...8.

This is really funny to me because in my hometown, the strip clubs give out two dollar bills as change, so if you have two dollar bills everyone assumes it's because you were at the strip club.

ruby-red-sig.jpg
  • ArangArang HUEY LEWISRegistered User regular

Terrifying is meeting a truck on a single lane road with sheer cliffs on either side

At night

In the rain

Everyone should go offroading, makes you much more aware of tire position and exactly how wide your vehicle is

After driving in reverse up a 45 to 50 degree incline in 4lo ain't shit scare me

what kind of demented supervillain road engineer built a 1:1 incline?

thenews.jpg

"I love you."

Done.

Just because it's frequently diluted by everyone from horny teenagers to misguided machinists doesn't mean "I love you" is not, at its core, a powerful sentiment.

For what is love? Love is devotion so great it supesedes practicality. Love is reason that transcends reason, logic that to others seems madness but really makes the most sense in the world. Love, real love, purifies, uplifts, enlightens, sanctifies, energizes. It changes us, not by making us other than what we are, but by making us more of what we are. We can list the things we say we love about someone, but real love can't be enumerated. Love is a unity, a whole, all or nothing.

If "I love you" has become trite, it's because we've forgotten how amazingly powerful love can be.

None of that changes the fact that simply saying, "I love you" can be trite and a cop-out.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Arang wrote: »

At night

In the rain

what kind of demented supervillain road engineer built a 1:1 incline?

People who design off road parks of course

That isn't even the steepest trail at that park either, but it's also super challenging because that trail is rutted and littered with rocks and tree roots

ipsesignew.jpg
  • MugginsMuggins Registered User regular
    UUUUUUUUUGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I hate looking for a new place to live

This sucks so much and I'm constantly worrying about when the electricity will go out because it seems all but inevitable

BdVvFJu.jpg
    hey satan...: thinkgeek amazon My post |
    Apt hunting is the worst

• JansonJanson Registered User regular
    Padmapper if you're not already using it!

We found a great place within budget and accepting cats within a week

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    Tox wrote: »

It's TLB, so I assume he's drunk whenever he's not at work.

this is silly

of course I am drunk when I am at work

7656367.jpg
    Janson wrote: »
    Padmapper if you're not already using it!

We found a great place within budget and accepting cats within a week

Holy. Shit.

This thing is incredible.

Thanks for the link!

Gonna go see a place just down the street from where I'm currently living. If it looks good and I can get a lease out of it I might just take it.

My roommate today took a shower by boiling a pot of water. I am getting the fuck out of there as soon as I can.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    I wish you could change the rent cap on padmapper from 6000

2x39jD4.jpg
    So I found time to do twenty crunches ten pushups and go for a walk despite having a sinus infection starting up.

But now.

My Butt hurts.

Kwoaru wrote: »

What? I was able to do that just fine.

BdVvFJu.jpg
    Veretas wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

What? I was able to do that just fine.

oh hey you're right I am just literally an idiot

whoops

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    So I found time to do twenty crunches ten pushups and go for a walk despite having a sinus infection starting up.

But now.

My Butt hurts.

@Buttlord your unique expertise is needed here

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I dreamed that I was at PAX prime and got mugged, then everyone went into a club and left me with no hotel key.

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

"Happy birthday!"

Save all the frou-frou for your anniversary.

broken image link
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular

But now.

My Butt hurts.

@Buttlord your unique expertise is needed here

My expertisr says nut up and do some more push-ups sissy

Oh, cool. Now my ps3 has stopped working properly

awesome

god dammit everything is falling apart

BdVvFJu.jpg
  • UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    my week was pretty good

i got enraged

i mean engaged

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    Catching Childish Gambino on Coachella Live via Youtube has made today

god damn is this a great show

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    my week was pretty good

i got enraged

i mean engaged

to @MrMonroe??

• UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    Ubik wrote: »
    my week was pretty good

i got enraged

i mean engaged

to @MrMonroe??

i wish 8->

l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    well, congrats anyway!