As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

MOTW 04/11/12 - I've missed you too, Stretch

UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
edited April 2012 in Graphic Violence
Fantastic Four #605 after learning that Ben is going to live really long and eventually pretty much die alone, Reed spends some Bro Time
eO6kT.jpg
EGSJj.jpg

Ultimate Comics X-Men #10 Colossus delivers some old country retribution for being tortured.
sZ7oa.jpg
fkib6.jpg
OCzMs.jpg

Green Lantern #8 Has Hal charging his ring from an unlikely source.
iwfzw.jpg
YHpdR.jpg

"Ride or Die?" asked Goku

"Ride or Die" confirmed Dominic Toretto, as they took off to find the Dragon Balls in hopes of reviving their friend Sonic
UltimateInferno on

• wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Dammit I have to be strong and wait for the final Hickman Fantastic Four/FF story(s) in trade format.

I'M NOT FINISHED WITH YOU!!!
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Uncanny X-Men #10, Cyclops and Brand have a secret meeting, and Namor and Emma act like rabbits:
    xmenuncanny2-10a.jpg

xmenuncanny2-10b.jpg

xmenuncanny2-10c.jpg

xmenuncanny2-10d.jpg

Batman & Robin #8, really good father and son moment:
    batmanandrobin2-8a.jpg

batmanandrobin2-8b.jpg

batmanandrobin2-8c-Copy.jpg

TexiKen on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Demon Knights #8; Madame Xanadu recounts how she came to love Jason Blood, and Etrigan came to love her.
    Earlier, Xanadu and Jason tricked a priest into becoming indebted to them, so that they could be married. Etrigan doesn't take it well.

1ix4K.jpg

Thief of Thieves #3; Wealthy consultant Conrad Paulson, in actuality the infamous thief Redmond, wakes up to find an FBI agent making him breakfast. Both their days only go downhill, from there.
    23mc1.jpg

Glory #3; Riley Barnes dreams of a future where she visits Mars, and finds a very different Glory than the one she knows.
    Having arrived at Mars, and looking to rent a hover-bike, Riley finds herself being overcharged by an unscrupulous merchant. But, Riley isn't in the mood for haggling.

Euyzo.jpg

Haunt #23; Following their recent escape from a church filled with religious warrior-zealots, Kurt and Daniel Kilgore take some time off to mourn for those they've lost, while a fire golem wreaks havoc on the city, and giant insects devour parishioners.
    1Z2lv.jpg

I think it's interesting to see how Nathan Fox does action, in this book. The first half of the book was very subdued, and uncluttered, as it dealt with pretty normal stuff. But, as soon as the monsters show up, the panels get crowded as Hell, and the colors get turned up to a psychadelic 11.

Avenging Spider-Man #6; Spider-Man, the Punisher, Rachel Alves, and Daredevil all want the Omega Drive, the hard drive made of unstable molecules, containing devastating information on all of the world's mega-crime organizations.
    Also, Spider-Man doesn't know when to shut up.

0LybP.jpg

Peter Panzerfaust #3; Peter and the Lost Boys attempt to escape Calais, fight Nazis, and see an action movie moment interrupted by physics.
    Z2y7F.jpg

Additionally, the preview for Wiebe and Rossmo's new book, Debris, looks interesting. At a glance, it reminds me of weird sci-fi, like Ralph Bakshi's Wizards, or Heavy Metal, with the candy-coated-coloring you usually see on Kenneth Rocafort's work. I'm curious to see what the book's actually about though, as the preview mainly showed off the visuals.
    iKmdr.jpg

I also stopped by a flea market here in town, and happened upon a TPB for Marshall Law, which I haven't read, yet. On the opposite end of the spectrum, Brain Camp, the young adult comic drawn by Faith Erin Hicks, arrived from Amazon today, and was a really fun read. It's also being sold at 60% off via Amazon ($6.80), due to some minor damage. My copy was a little scuffed, but otherwise fine.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular

Green Lantern #8 Has Hal charging his ring from an unlikely source.
    iwfzw.jpg
    YHpdR.jpg

I was confused at first, and thought, "How is Hal charging his ring off of Doctor Midnite's chin?"

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I was thinking less Doctor Midnite and more Midnighter

Antimatter on
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    EDIT: Fixed. Keeping the links to the larger images though because why not?

Damn it, Munch! That was my MotW from Avenging Spider-Man #6. And after the trouble I went to scanning these pages on an ancient scanner and computer like it was 19-damn-91. Anyway, the point of that to me was, "Don't be a smartass around Frank unless Daredevil is there to save your ass." Here's the full page (Larger Version):
    r1n8up.jpg

The next third of the book is them battling a hundred or so Hand ninjas while Spidey and Matt make the Punishers only kneecap the ninjas. I also need to go back and scan the page before this because the previous page is pretty cool too.

Anyway, Journey Into Mystery #636. Two scenes.

First, page one. Great example of magic as a metaphor from page one (Larger version):
    29peuyf.jpg

Second, Loki resolves the whole problem is Nightmare having collected this Fear stuff to make his crown of pure fear (see above) by pitting all of the other fear lords against Nightmare, and by extension, each other. The conflict is summarized in a way only a gamer would (Larger version):
    sc6gx5.jpg

Crimsondude on
  • CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    You know that look really fits Frank very well, be nice if he keeps it.

• AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    I really like Chechetto's manga-inspired Frank. It's one of the few times I've seen the androgynous Japanese thing work well in a Western context, and it doesn't make him any less dangerous.

huntresssig.jpg
  • The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I hate the solid snake look for frank, personally

The Lovely Bastard on
    7656367.jpg
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    So is Spider-man cool with fighting with a couple of people who presumably kill a ton of people right in front of him? Is Daredevil ok with it too? I really like that art, and DD's F4 necklace is funny for some reason.

• Linespider5Linespider5 ALL HAIL KING KILLMONGER Registered User regular

Agreed.

• B:LB:L I've done worse. Registered User regular

You mean Naked Snake.

So is Spider-man cool with fighting with a couple of people who presumably kill a ton of people right in front of him? Is Daredevil ok with it too? I really like that art, and DD's F4 necklace is funny for some reason.

Spider-Man and Daredevil pulled a Terminator 2 and had Punisher and Punisherette pinky swear to not kill anyone.

Poor kneecaps never knew what hit 'em.

10mvrci.png click for Anime chat

Spidey isn't. Daredevil makes a point of saying that if they do it, they do it Peter's way.

The F4 necklace is the data-drive everyone's fighting over.

huntresssig.jpg
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

What if he grew a mustache??

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    Oh, OK.

There is nothing andro about Frank's appearance in those panels. As others have said, he looks sort of like Naked Snake (no seriously) from Metal Gear Solid 3.

• noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    So what did they do to Ult. Colossus to get that reaction out of him?

Also, I now totally want an MGS inspired Punisher story.

noir_blood on
  • GonmunGonmun He keeps kickin' me in the dickRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Also, I now totally want an MGS inspired Punisher story.

War Journal Entry:

Had to hide in a box...surprisingly effective.

desc wrote: »
    ~ * swole patrol flying roundhouse kick top performer recognition: April 2014 * ~
    If you have a sec, check out my podcast: War and Beast Twitter Facebook
  • CrimsondudeCrimsondude Registered User regular
    As promised, Avenging Spider-Man #6 page 11 (immediately previous/opposite page to the scans Munch and I posted), where our intrepid hero makes his cinematic entrance.
    5191d.jpg

• Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    noir_blood wrote: »

Tortured him in a cell since issue #01.

I think he might be more angry about learning that his mutation was an American bio-weapons experiment instead of an evolutionary fluke.

H9f4bVe.png
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »

Spidey isn't. Daredevil makes a point of saying that if they do it, they do it Peter's way.

The F4 necklace is the data-drive everyone's fighting over.

Since everyone beat me to most of the rest of the issue also, I'll post this! Pete goes over the plan, I love what adds an extra 5 minutes.
    45minutes.jpg

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah Frank looks great with a beard

CYpGAPn.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Every time I look at those scans, I just see Adam Jensen.

Delduwath wrote: »

I didn't ask for this haircut.

huntresssig.jpg
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    :^:

• Man of the WavesMan of the Waves Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Delduwath wrote: »

I didn't ask for this haircut.

"never asked"

Checchetto's art is really nice in that book. I definitely appreciate that they are keeping the art standards up to the level that Joe Mad set.

• HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    Can someone post the Red Hulk speech from the beginning of New Avengers?

That's my moment that hasn't been posted yet. Rulk has gone full circle from lame joke to being, IMO, a much stronger character than Banner ever was. Paker writes him so well, but he's almost Bendis's secret weapon in Avengers. I hope someday Bendis gets to write a book that focuses more on the character, since he's been able to pull off one or two line moments that sum up the character so perfectly.

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    For Hadji
    redhulkspeech.jpg

( I dunno how I'm slower at ripping Digital versions than just scanning something, but I am apparently)

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
    Thank you, Tobes.

That is glorious.

• The Lovely BastardThe Lovely Bastard Registered User regular
    every time someone says red hulk is this great character

I get smug and say I told fuckin' you so

Then I cry a little because who gets smug about these thinga

7656367.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    every time someone says red hulk is this great character

I get smug and say I told fuckin' you so

Then I cry a little because who gets smug about these thinga

apparently, you

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Okay, that's an awesome moment and I dig the art layout.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Red Hulk is pretty damn cool these days though, no lie

One thing that kind of bugs me about that scene is how everyone's just jumping out of the Helicarrier after Bendis spent like seven pages in the last arc of New Avengers going through all the details of how half of the New Avengers would break their legs falling that distance.

huntresssig.jpg
  • EpiphanyEpiphany Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    (Woops failed to read the post above me)

Is it me or is that red hulk scene while interesting also incredibly silly? 14 of them jumping out of a the helicarrier at maybe 2000-3000 feet, how many of them would survive that in any condition to be able to fight.

Epiphany on
    3DS Code- 4700-0094-6364
    Red Hulk is actually a mutant sympathizer, and tricking the Avengers into their deaths.

edited April 2012
    Ignoring the whole how is Mockingbird/Hawkeye/Stephen Strange going to survive the fall thing, it's notable that AvX #1 shows us the side shot where it's about three stories off the water level, and both Bendis and Deodato would know that.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • jkylefultonjkylefulton Squid...or Kid? NNID - majpellRegistered User regular
    Mockingbird has super soldier serum (or some such) in her now, per that arc where she got shot.

Dr. Strange would probably use magic, since he's a magician and all that jazz.

Hawkeye would get caught by Spider-Woman or Mrs Marvel or who knows Bendis comics aren't meant to be logical.

tOkYVT2.jpg
    Daredevil will just die.

If only he was looking the other way.

Hopefully, by divine intervention, we get a Chris G. piss taking of AvX.

edited April 2012
    Mockingbird has super soldier serum (or some such) in her now, per that arc where she got shot.

Dr. Strange would probably use magic, since he's a magician and all that jazz.

Hawkeye would get caught by Spider-Woman or Mrs Marvel or who knows Bendis comics aren't meant to be logical.

But that's what I was saying: the two of them just went through all the permutations of that four-five issues back during the HAMMER war.

My best guess is that it's going to turn out the water drops off really quickly outside Utopia Beach, the Helicarrier lands a little, and all that starts the Thing/Namor fight getting redone in AvX Versus #1.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg