As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[HBO] Game of Thrones S2 on Sunday; spoilers abound, no tags; NO BOOKS

• MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »
    Also, Renly's wife doesn't seem to mind that her husband doesn't want to bone her..like, at all. Totally cool with it. A threesome with her brother? Sure, why not!
    I don't get why she's willing to put up with all that..I'm guessing she's hoping to be queen when Renly conquers King's Landing? I don't know.

It's not like most marriages available to court women (at the time or in the show) were romantic ones to husbands who were going to love them forever and faithfully. As far as things go: "a king who happens to be gay, but doesn't beat you or anything" is a hot prospect. And, as Hach points out, the best way to make sure he stays king is to get preggers post-haste, so that is what she is hell-bent on doing.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    simonwolf wrote: »
    syndalis wrote: »
    Normally I do not like to weigh in on disagreements on the internet about how pretty a person who has made a career in an industry where looks are among your main tools - because quite frankly I am hardly one to judge about how a lady looks - but in this circumstance I think I will say that there is a feature to the actress playing Margaery that is summed up here:
    z9YYo.jpg
    She is far more pixie/elfish in her eyes than hammerhead.

Jesus, people.

In either case, the wide field of view must help her avoid predators in the wild

THIS GUY GETS IT!

The awkward combination of her eyes located on the side of her head the fact that the bottom half of her face is smooshed together with her tiny little fish mouth makes for weird proportions. I didn't want to get that detailed but some asked!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    You know what I just realized... no Dany. Or I just forgot about a scene with them?

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    You know what I just realized... no Dany. Or I just forgot about a scene with them?

No Dany, no Rob... no Stannis?

Next week will be focused on them more I think. Too many players on the field to get stuff done if you give everyone a scene.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • NeliNeli Registered User regular
    DaemonSadi wrote: »
    Normally I do not like to weigh in on disagreements on the internet about how pretty a person who has made a career in an industry where looks are among your main tools - because quite frankly I am hardly one to judge about how a lady looks - but in this circumstance I think I will say that there is a feature to the actress playing Margaery that is summed up here:
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

In either case, the wide field of view must help her avoid predators in the wild

THIS GUY GETS IT!

The awkward combination of her eyes located on the side of her head the fact that the bottom half of her face is smooshed together with her tiny little fish mouth makes for weird proportions. I didn't want to get that detailed but some asked!
    you are weird and have bad taste

vhgb4m.jpg
    I have stared into Satan's asshole, and it fucking winked at me.
    [/size]
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

THIS GUY GETS IT!

you are weird and have bad taste :)

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    natalie dormer definitely has a distinctive appearance. i guess it's hit or miss. for me personally she is dick meltingly, distractingly beautiful.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Catelyn is the worst diplomat ever. Renly was a lot more polite and understanding then I would have been.

If I had to chose one of the kings to rule over me I think I would chose Renly even over Robb Stark. The scene where he is walking through camp and just greeting random passerbys made me like him and show that it wasn't just talk last season.

Theon was screwed no matter what choice he made too kraken for the wolves and too wolf for the krakens. Also his father might be a bigger dick then Tywin.

I never liked Pycaelle, so I was glad to see him go. Littlefinger and Varys both seem too clever to fall for Tyrions trick.

Sam also seriously needs to get laid. It struck me as damn near suicidal to be chatting up one of Craster's daughter/wives.

This is the first episode this season that felt up to the bar that the better episodes last season set. Episode one was spread too thin between the 47 different characters and I simply did not care for episode 2 all that much (episode 2 is the only episode of the 13 so far where I felt the sex got in the way plus I could not help but feel that more interesting storylines were being replaced by The Adventures of Littlefinger, Brothel owner)

Catelyn has their sympathy and shamed pretty boy Renly into HAVING to talk to her without directly shaming Renly himself. Pretty good diplomating, I'd say. And it may not be talk that everyone loves him, but like Cat said: His entire army is all talk, so he fits right in. Renly should be following his brother, not playing at war and probably getting a lot people killed.

And what's wrong with TAoL-BO!

• EgoEgo Registered User regular

Next week will be focused on them more I think. Too many players on the field to get stuff done if you give everyone a scene.

Robb was in it right at the start, wasn't he?
    THIS GUY GETS IT!

This and the shark picture both earned genuine out loud chuckles.

I DID think she had a funny looking face during the initial scene where they greet Cat, but it was more how she kept holding her mouth in some weird semi-pursed way. In the bedroom (bed tent, I guess) scene (and not just because I'm a terrible pervert) I thought she looked great.

Erik
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Neli wrote: »
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

THIS GUY GETS IT!

nou
    Ego wrote: »

THIS GUY GETS IT!

I DID think she had a funny looking face during the initial scene where they greet Cat, but it was more how she kept holding her mouth in some weird semi-pursed way. In the bedroom (bed tent, I guess) scene (and not just because I'm a terrible pervert) I thought she looked great.

Don't lie. It was the titties.
    Organichu wrote: »
    natalie dormer definitely has a distinctive appearance. i guess it's hit or miss. for me personally she is dick meltingly, distractingly beautiful.

Chu... I think you may be confused on how weiners work.

Just a tip:

If you say "You make my dick go all squishy" to someone... it's not a compliment.

DemonStacey on
  • EgoEgo Registered User regular
    z9YYo.jpg

Jesus, people.

THIS GUY GETS IT!

nou
    Ego wrote: »

THIS GUY GETS IT!

Don't lie. It was the titties.

I feel kinda horrible for saying it, but I was relieved when they finally came out because her cleavage looked really weird while she was clothed.

Erik
  • Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    She looks like a fox to me. And by that, I mean like Maid Marian in Disney's version of Robin Hood. But way hotter.

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    We need to talk more about Brienne of Tarth and how she's an eight foot goliath that could palm a medicine ball while kicking all our asses.

Also that, much like Stannis, they defined her character perfectly in about two lines.

She looks like a fox to me. And by that, I mean like Maid Marian in Disney's version of Robin Hood. But way hotter.

So what you're saying is.....

You're a furry?

• HeisenbergHeisenberg Registered User regular
    Margary is crazy hot, second to only "dat ass" Dany. Cersei gets third place. And I like how Natalie dormer moves her mouth. Little imperfections like that make people feel more unique and real, especially in a medieval era where say if she had a crossbite or some dental issue that makes her talk like that, it would be impossible to fix. Unless they do have dentists in Westeros...

• DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    We need to talk more about Brienne of Tarth and how she's an eight foot goliath that could palm a medicine ball while kicking all our asses.

Also that, much like Stannis, they defined her character perfectly in about two lines.

I liked how she looked like she could carry Catelyn like a toddler. The camera trick they used for their scene made her look just enormous until Cate caught up with her on the path, then she merely looked huge.

• Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Brienne did not look anything like I expected her to, but that casting was still great. The actress fits the part really well.

• syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Heisenberg wrote: »
    Margary is crazy hot, second to only "dat ass" Dany. Cersei gets third place. And I like how Natalie dormer moves her mouth. Little imperfections like that make people feel more unique and real, especially in a medieval era where say if she had a crossbite or some dental issue that makes her talk like that, it would be impossible to fix. Unless they do have dentists in Westeros...
    The answer is always "They have Maesters" - and you better damn well hope that maester has the right color chain in his links, else he's gonna be winging it.

SW-4158-3990-6116

I totally agree with the imperfections thing. If I had to choose between Margaery and Gilly... I'd pick Gilly. I mean I'm not like YEA GILLY but I think she is cuter and she sure has imperfections. Totally disagree with Cersei like... ick.

Also, I did not see Shae becoming Sansa's handmaiden. That's interesting and will be useful because it keeps both of them in the story and bound up with Tyrion (who's basically the star for the foreseeable future until someone else starts winning awards).

It remains to be seen if the Brienne actress has the chops to pull off more complex scenes but as far as looks are concerned she certainly fits the bill. Somehow I missed that she was blonde in the books though :D

vhgb4m.jpg
    [/size]

I totally agree with the imperfections thing. If I had to choose between Margaery and Gilly... I'd pick Gilly. I mean I'm not like YEA GILLY but I think she is cuter and she sure has imperfections. Totally disagree with Cersei like... ick.

Maybe I'm just projecting Lena Headey instead of bitch incestuous Cersei. Either way, she's gorgeous. Gilly is really cute too, not Hollywood looking, almost just like a real girl you'd find out in Scotland or something that happens to be super cute.

It remains to be seen if the Brienne actress has the chops to pull off more complex scenes but as far as looks are concerned she certainly fits the bill. Somehow I missed that she was blonde in the books though :D

I think she was a ginger in the books.

edited April 2012

I think she was a ginger in the books.
    Blonde. With straw-like hair.

I am making a general fiction statement here. Books almost always make the people who are supposed to be amazingly ugly blonde. Yellow hair and rough features seems to be the go-to for describing someone as unattractive.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    edited April 2012

Maybe I'm just projecting Lena Headey instead of bitch incestuous Cersei. Either way, she's gorgeous. Gilly is really cute too, not Hollywood looking, almost just like a real girl you'd find out in Scotland or something that happens to be super cute.

My problem is she just looks too old to me. So... ick.

Edit: Also just GIS'd the actress who plays Gilly and actually... she's totally cute. Way cuter than the Margaery actress (to me). Like that's the kinda girl I'm all about.

DemonStacey on
  • ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    Maybe there's an age difference going on here as far as taste is concerned. Because someone saying that Lena Headey is "too old looking" boggles my mind. Maybe if you're like 12 years old

maybe

t5qfc9.jpg
  • OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »

I like to chalk this up to Martin's influence.

He has been amazing at quickly painting characters throughout his career in both television and fiction

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    daemon your penis has autism

• InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    Hm, maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but I recall in season 1 that the opening sequence only showed locations that were going to feature in that episode, yeah?

In this latest episode they showed two areas in the intro (dragon stone and ... dothraki land (I forget the real name!)) that didn't feature in the episode at all. Change of policy I guess?

• Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Maybe the scenes in those locales were edited out after the intro was created?

What was up with Littlefinger's accent this ep? Sounded like he was talking with a mouthful of tangerines.

Oh brilliant
    edited April 2012
    Organichu wrote: »
    daemon your penis has autism

New sig? New sig.

And at least mine doesn't liquify when I'm turned on. THAT'S PRETTY COUNTER PRODUCTIVE.
    Zzulu wrote: »
    Maybe there's an age difference going on here as far as taste is concerned. Because someone saying that Lena Headey is "too old looking" boggles my mind. Maybe if you're like 12 years old

maybe

I just don't like girls that are older than me in general... and she's a lot older than me. Like if a girl is all I'M 25! I'll be all like... NO THANKS.

DemonStacey on
  • pirateluigipirateluigi Arr, it be me. Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    What was up with Littlefinger's accent this ep? Sounded like he was talking with a mouthful of tangerines.

I noticed that too. I thought it was just me, since he sounded fine later in the episode.

pirateluigi on
    http://www.danreviewstheworld.com
    Nintendo Network ID - PirateLuigi 3DS: 3136-6586-7691
    G&T Grass Type Pokemon Gym Leader, In-Game Name: Dan
  • nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    the actress who plays Brienne is about 6 foot 3

so yeah there wasn't much height exaggeration there

• JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Maybe the scenes in those locales were edited out after the intro was created?

Conjecture elsewhere is that he's being directed to lose/change his accent when he gets angry, as a throw-out to his lowborn nature - that when he loses control of his emotions he loses control of the highborn facade he has going in public.

• ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    That's pretty neat

t5qfc9.jpg
    Hey,

I wanna mix things up from all of our titty talk.

Who's the smexiest duder on the show?

I vote Jon Snow.

Makes me want to go bopping for dongers.

SO DREAMY.

• frandelgearslipfrandelgearslip 457670Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    Catelyn is the worst diplomat ever. Renly was a lot more polite and understanding then I would have been.

If I had to chose one of the kings to rule over me I think I would chose Renly even over Robb Stark. The scene where he is walking through camp and just greeting random passerbys made me like him and show that it wasn't just talk last season.

Theon was screwed no matter what choice he made too kraken for the wolves and too wolf for the krakens. Also his father might be a bigger dick then Tywin.

I never liked Pycaelle, so I was glad to see him go. Littlefinger and Varys both seem too clever to fall for Tyrions trick.

Sam also seriously needs to get laid. It struck me as damn near suicidal to be chatting up one of Craster's daughter/wives.

This is the first episode this season that felt up to the bar that the better episodes last season set. Episode one was spread too thin between the 47 different characters and I simply did not care for episode 2 all that much (episode 2 is the only episode of the 13 so far where I felt the sex got in the way plus I could not help but feel that more interesting storylines were being replaced by The Adventures of Littlefinger, Brothel owner)

Catelyn has their sympathy and shamed pretty boy Renly into HAVING to talk to her without directly shaming Renly himself. Pretty good diplomating, I'd say. And it may not be talk that everyone loves him, but like Cat said: His entire army is all talk, so he fits right in. Renly should be following his brother, not playing at war and probably getting a lot people killed.

I completely disagree, I think she was way too open with her dislike and way too dismissive of Renly. She should be on her knees. The Stark army is the one that is asking for his help. What do the Starks really have to offer Renly? They want half the kingdom to do what they were going to do anyway (attack Lannisters). On the other hand if Renly joins in the war the Starks pretty much win the North by default (since the Lannisters are going to be too busy with Renly and nobody knows what Stanis's plans are). Maybe she was trying to shame him into jumping into the war, but Renly does not strike me as somebody an appeal to warrior pride would work on.

I also disagree that we have seen anything on the show to imply that Renly's army is all talk. He is not fighting anyone, but why should he? The Lannisters and the Starks are busy weakening each other and Stannis has yet to jump in. Renly should either save his strength in case Stannis attacks him or wait and jump in and take out the survivors of a Lannister/Stark/Stannis three way battle. Renly wins by doing nothing. I do agree that Renly is probably a shitty general, but his position is so good that he really doesn't need to be a good one.

I am probably a little biased in that Catelyn is on my list of characters I most want to suffer horribly: Catelyn, Gregor Clegane, and with this episode Balon Greyjoy (who seems to have the arrogance of Tywin without being the complete badass that Tywin is). Joffery is not on the list, because the actor is killing it in the role and I am going to be a little sad if he dies before the series finale.

edit: The lack of a good military leader would probably cause the Renly army to fold like cheap tissue paper if the white walkers or dragons show up, but neither Catelyn nor Renly know that is a possibility.

frandelgearslip on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    the actress who plays Brienne is about 6 foot 3

so yeah there wasn't much height exaggeration there

There was some, particularly in the scene where she was escorting Cat to her tent. She was standing upslope and I think was slightly more in the foreground, making like a 10 inch height difference look like two feet or something.

They might have to use some tricks of Sophie Turner (Sansa) doesn't stop growing and the two of them ever interact. That is a tall girl.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Mad King GeorgeMad King George Registered User regular
    I am probably a little biased in that Catelyn is on my list of characters I most want to suffer horribly:

Why?

Hey,

I wanna mix things up from all of our titty talk.

Who's the smexiest duder on the show?

I vote Jon Snow.

Makes me want to go bopping for dongers.

SO DREAMY.

Was not a fan of Robb early on, but were I a gay man I would leave my sexy carpenter husband for Robb Stark.

Also... Hodor.

This discussion has been closed.